Why after hitting 50 Tom Cruise started picking roles in action movies clearly meant for much younger actors...

Why after hitting 50 Tom Cruise started picking roles in action movies clearly meant for much younger actors? Look at his characters in Oblivion, Edge of Tommorow and Mummy, did any of them were supposed to be 50-55 years old dudes? I am not saying he should quit acting or stop starring in action movies, but maybe start picking more age appropriate roles, there is a niche for older action heroes like Neeson from Taken, modern Cruise is like that 40 years old woman who thinks she still got it.

P.S. By the way, Cruise is only one year younger than Neeson was when Taken came out and Neeson had 17 years old daughter in that, I don't remember any movie where Cruise played the father since Minority Report

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O1IhOl12hxM&t=25
radaronline.com/celebrity-news/stunt-pilots-crash-die-tom-cruise-movie-investigation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I don't remember any movie where Cruise played the father since Minority Report

War of the Worlds

Oh shit, I forgot it

As an operating thetan 3, tom has minor control over MEMS (matter energy mass and space). His body and mind no longer age

Well you're a fucking retard that doesn't realize even at 50+ Tom can outdo any actor half his age physically but you think he should be in a wheelchair or doing Dunkachino ads.

Keep your faggot mouth shut if you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

He was great in Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow. Not once did I think "hey, this guy is too old for this" and I doubt anyone else did, except you.

Is true that he adopted 2 kids with Nicole and then took them from her after the divorce?

Scientology requires sacrifice.

Because he fucking can.

He'll slow down when he's dead

>tom cruise can die

He doesn't look 50

He's starting to look closer to it though. He's geniunely only now just starting to look a bit too old.

Doesn't mean I want him gone from films though.

He played a father in war of the worlds

He looks great for 55, but like with Pitt age is slowly catching up to him

the manlet gene makes you age better

Pro tip, he is 56 now. Still looks better than anyone I know in this age. No wonder he was in Interview with the Vampire, he does not age.

The point is his daughter should be older and remind people he is at grandpa age now and shouldn't hang out with young babes

Actually the girls opposite him are not that young anymore.

>Why after hitting 50 Tom Cruise started picking roles in action movies clearly meant for much younger actors

because younger actions stars fucking suck?

No seriously, they fucking suck. I'm not for sucking tom cruise dick, but he's better than most of them. There's barely any new young blood that can replace. I mean, who? Miles fucking Teller? Give me a fucking break.

The point is that other characters around him should start treating him like a grandpa.
He should have a young action star playing his son

This. I m not Cruise fan, I dont care about his perivacy or age, all I care is how he still push his limits. He's like a teenager trapped in 56 YO body. Crazy madman who doesn't care about stunt doubles or CGI. One of very few oldschool leftovers.

Hardy is the only one with the charisma but hes above bullshit like the mummy

Because he fucking can, Reddit trash.

ah yeah, Tom Hardy is fine, but still apart him or few others there is literally noone to take Cruise 'role' anyway. I guess Tom takes movies he just see fun while making them. Some were good, some were bad but he probably had a more fun and $$$ from them, than we can even imagine.

He's still a good actor. He played really well in Oblivion. Plus he's recognizable, so his movies are seen as a safe bet by studios.

Also,
>Not liking 40 year old milfs

Look at Stallone and Arnold. Stallone did Demolition Man when he was 47. Most of his movies where when he older.

He is also great at playing old men as well.

>being 50+ and still overcompensating THIS hard

keke. he's soooo homosex.

A cups (if that). Black bra in see through shirt.

>tom cruise at 50
face it, no faggot is on his level

I mean, even ignoring that shit, just look at this shit, which is nothing in comparison to the plane stunt

youtube.com/watch?v=O1IhOl12hxM&t=25

dude is in god shape. i wouldn't have ever been able to do this shit, my fucking wrists would snap

Did he really do that?

apparently he does all his own stunts. he had to have something pulling him up there though, surely. no fucking way

yeah wait, that's probably fake lol. he'd slip, no way that's real.

The power of Xenu and Thetans my friend.

Hey Tom

Based Cruise

I agree with OP, I think Cruise should take a 10 year sabbatical from acting, disappear and travel the world, and come back to us as an old man. A totally different Cruise. He'd take us all by surprise and blow everyone away with his new found perspective and projection as an actor.

It's painful to watch him slowly age and transition from what he once was step by step, he should take a clean break and return when he's transformed.

What I'm most annoyed with though, isn't his current state, it's the fact he hasn't played more villains in his career. I like Tom Cruise because he brings what I call an honest and/or genuine intensity to his movies that you don't get with other actors. It comes across like his character is really invested in what he's doing. That works well as a protagonist, but works amazingly well as an antagonist because that genuine intensity suddenly comes across as sinister and/or mysterious. Case in point; Collateral, or as a joke, Tropic Thunder.

I just watched Magnolia again the other day and his performance in that movie is pretty top-notch. There's a whole range of ridiculous shit going on with him and he pulls it all off beautifully. Despite his crazy scientology bullshit he is genuinely one of the best actors around. I think your idea is pretty good though but I don't know if the guy has the patience to pull it off.

>Tom Cruise in a wheelchair
Fetish I didn't know I had until now

>Two Stunt Pilots Fall To Their Deaths In Tom Cruise Movie – Investigation Continues

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/stunt-pilots-crash-die-tom-cruise-movie-investigation/

post Tom kino

TRT makes you young again breh

Clearly he's capable of acting in action star roles, so why do you care?

Why are you judging people based on their age? I understand that you don't see any value in women aside from their looks, so I guess it makes sense that this similar superficial way of thinking would hold for male actors too. How progressive and "equality-forward" of you...

I am from backward third world country with male life expectancy of 63