What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Shit movie based on shit anime

DUMBED DOWN THE STORY, MADE IT A FORMULAIC BETRAYAL/REVENGE FLICK

BUT THEY COULDN'T RUIN THE SETTING TOO MUCH

STILL LOOKED GREAT IN IMAX 3D

had all the aesthetic, none of the heart

Instead of focusing on one clear, concise story, they did a half-assed composite of several different GitS plots all at once.

At least the movie looked cool, I guess.

i'm watching now and it has to be one of the most visually pleasing films i have seen. is it actually shit or are normies just upset because scarlett is white?

This movie got me a thresome with a friend and his girl.

I cucked the shiit out of him that day... and still do behind his back

I'm human trash, and absolutely loved this movie, it flows very naturally and suberb atmosphere... honestly if you dont like this movie what is wrong with you???

For studio product to be any good you need to have a willful personality captaining the production, somebody who has clout and can say "No" and really gives a shit about the movie.

Instead of having that, GiTS 2017 was produced by laughable retard Avi Arad (he used to be the CEO of ToyBiz before failing-upwards into the movie industry -- this guy knows nothing about movies or story), who in turn hired some jerkoff TV commercials and music video director he could bully into submission.

Bet you have a little cock

>movie shiny me likey

that's what you sound like.

Bomb In The Shell

tits arent as big in the movie.

Dullest actress.

what's wrong with enjoying aesthetically pleasing films? it's why i love wes anderson

interesting. you seem knowleable can i ask are there any good books about hollywood producing/producers?

You already loose that bet

Story

they used the original gits movie and changed the story (no puppet master) to tell an origin story of the main character.

if i had never seen the anime movie gits or read the manga then i would've liked it.

>had all the aesthetic
shut the fuck up retard

It's shallow as fuck

"Monster" by John Gregory Dunne is a great postmorterm of how shitty movies get made despite everyone involved trying their best. It's a short read and pretty entertaining.

Seconded for interest.
I've read Corman's book and want to read some more about successful producers.

>what went wrong?
Literally fucking everything, what a disgraceful pile of shit. They should be ashamed of ripping off the iconic scenes of the original, they didn't earn the right.

Changed the question from 'what am I?' to 'who am I?' Mashed together the antagonists from the first movie and the second season of the show into one generic pointless character.

>what went wrong?

trying to make an animu into a movie, name a animu translated into movie that actually worked...

Also the uncut documentary about the making of Alien 3, called Wreckage and Rage, which shows you what happens when directors do battle with the studio.

The Sony hack emails up on Wikileaks are also incredibly revealing, all the executives and producers asinine "notes" on screenplays and test screenings.

That's a fat android.

thanks

For you.

EDGE OF TOMORROW WAS UNIRONICALLY BETTER THAN ALL YOU NEED IS KILL

BUT THATS A RARE EXAMPLE

AND ADAPTING SOME UNKNOWN LN AND ITS SPINOFF MANGA ISN'T THE SAME AS ADAPTING GHOST IN THE SHELL

you left your caps on bro

There's 2 ways to think about it: "there's this ok movie that happens to be the adaptation of one of the greatest anime films of all time" and "there's this awful adaptation of one of the greatest anime films of all time".

Plot-wise, it is completely understandable what they did, even if it was made in Japan it'd have made sense, Japanese film industry does the same, proof is that only in Japan it made several times more than the original adjusted for inflation (although it probably also has a lot to do with its rating and having Hollywood actors play the parts).

Visually, the entire movie was eye-candy, the soundtrack is generic, they could have used the original which is a masterpiece but I think they wanted to avoid such a strong association as a gesture of respect towards the source material.

The acting was ok, the lead had the weakest delivery, but she looked good in the suit (mostly thanks to the suit itself). I think it was a crime not to cast Perlman as Batou, but the danish guy who played him felt oddly relatable and did the most credible friendzone I've ever seen. Togusa was supposed to be the rookie but the actor who played him looked old enough to have unironically wore a mullet back in the day. Binoche was by far the best actress despite her character being an OC lesbian scientist. The dude who played puppet master looks like a lady and apparently he is married to a lady that looks like dude.

Instead of the development of philosophical themes we have plenty of controversy (is becoming white the ultimate upgrade?) for a fairly standard sci-fi detective drama turned into a love-story.

Yeah I watched it yesterday and I was shook at how good it looks. It's beautiful. It's very well put together and the characters are great. Good movie desu.

white "people"

I Am A Hero, if you're fine with the source material turned into a generic yet entertaining action movie.

>threesome with another guy

fag

literally everything

SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY THE POSTER MAKES ONE OF SCARLET'S TITS LOOK SUPER HUGE COMPARED TO THE OTHER

not thicc enough

>in the
>triangle
>over the vag
what did they mean by this

jews ain't white

King Arthur effect.

>I've read Corman's book
title?

Whoever designed the poster was having a little too much fun with themselves. No one probably even bothered to check it until it was finished and ready to get distributed to theaters.

The movie was actually decent. I never gave a shit about the Chinese cartoon it was based on.

This one
>Muh le rotten tomatoes and box office sales are what matters.

>DUDE HOLOGRAMS LMAO

Style over substance basically
Same as total recall and robocop's reboots

The worst part of this is that the director is so fucking proud of the finished product that we won't be getting ANY deleted footage

>combine the Puppet Master and Kuze into one antagonist who is both and neither at the same time
>AMNESIA
>reducing the entire philosophy of the original film to one sentence, and spoonfeeding it to the audience three times within the first 20 mins
>90% of the dialogue is expository
>taking the Major, who lives for work, and making her a passive aggressive complainer who hates her job
>super mysterious flashbacks that will be spoonfed until it's time for the big dumb reveal
>ripping off the Robocop reboot for some fucking reason
>using Star Wars holograms everywhere for some reason
>big ugly cyberpunk city that looks ridiculous
>making Section 9 an evil corporation for some reason
>calling the fuchikomas "spider tanks" because the audience is too stupid to put 2 and 2 together

This.
Only people who think it's shit are fanboys. Not saying it's great either, but definitely not as bad as people make it out to be.

Looked like a shittier version of Blade Runner in live action

I don't think Jews in Hollywood understand videogames or anime and why people like them

Her boobs weren't big enough.

It wasn't about Major Kusanagi.

shit story and she wasn't up to it.

>cast a cottage cheese lookin old hag as the heroine
>expect movie to not be utter shit
JUST

confirmed for under 6 inches

>threesome
>cucked

>fucking your friend in the ass while he fucks his chick
>cucked

>getting fucked in the ass by your friend while his girl pegs him
>cucked

If it wasn't an origin story it could have been goat but here we are.

It didn't give a shit about the source material. The writing was shit. The direction was dull.

They took a generic summer blockbuster and slapped on a familiar IP. That never works.

How I Made a Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost a Dime

I stopped watching during the body's manufacture because it was just a sexless ken/barbie doll. That completely changes the dynamics of the entire world the Major lives in. They literally just remove physical sexuality. I'm sure it is the Jews fault.

This guy got it, plus the twist just seemed like they wanted to spite the people who hated the casting.

Upwards pointed triangles, according to Masonic symbolism, also mean the penis.

90% of the movie is great, but then the shoehorned hollywood ending pretty much ruined the good efforts. could had been a classic, but end up being a 7.5/10

my name is Major and i give my consent

This movie is near future instead of science fiction.

The charm of the animation didnt translate into film, a lot of the drama was lost.

It was too faithful to the source, almost shot for shot. The story and characters needed to be adapted for film.

The tension, mystique, and cerebral qualities of the anime didnt translate into american movie glamour.
It had a lot of good imagery, concepts, and acting but none of it comes together, its not disengenuous like transformers but it had the same problems.

TLDR:Faithful adaptation fails at telling a story in the language of film.

FUCK THIS SCENE IT MADE ME CRINGE SO HARD

which scene? is repeated at least 5 times in the film

what kind of retard come here to shitpost without haven't seen the movie in question?

soooo the shell but not the ghost

The first time. Cuz I stopped watching after the gratuitous hand-groping dream scene.

So, I don't care that this movie was bad like there was no way of it not being, but what really scares me is whether or not the new Blade Runner is going to be bad. It can't be bad though, right? Not with the Goose!

Does it really matter when you have idiots who will nitpick it to death and claim it's shit just because they can.

It took inspiration from the Mamoru Oshi flick instead of the Stand Alone Complex series. Also, Liberals got booty blasted because the Major was played by Scarlet Johansson instead of Rinko from pacific Rim.

she never got her tits out.

Americans on both sides of the political landscape are afraid of naked tits.

why is he a nigger?

Well, I wasn't talking about whether or not it will be regarded as good, I just want to watch it and now walk out like, man that fucking sucked.

thanks m8

>thot

I hate when nigger language gets used regularly.