How many programming languages do you know user?

Continuation of this thread
C++
#include
#include

using namespace std;

int main()
{
string race;

cout

sorry I meant

programming is degenerate

arent all programming languages pretty much the same except for slight syntax differences??

This, it turns people into real fuckups.

Flash

>using namespace std;
>polluting the name space

I've programmed in many languages but I wouldn't say I really "know" them.

Python, JavaScript, C/C++, PHP, also dabbled in Java and C# but didn't like them.

ten thousand million

>I know C++ I can do if/else and I can input/ouput things in a console. I'm such a hacker.
WTH user.

None.

I wana learn but I work 40 hours a week and am too much of a lazy degenerate to take classes.

Yes and no.
Some are more efficient at doing things and others have specific uses and capabilities and limitations.

C++, some C#, Assembly, and a little bit of Java which I barely remember. I also dabbled in PHP.

There are ALOT of online tutorials.
I recommend learning C first as it is fairly easy, widely used and teaches you concepts that are applied to most if not all other programming languages.

Basic. The language of the gods.

>if (race=="jew") { cout

I'm gonna hack you okay? 101001010101001010101010100101010101010111110101010101010101010101101010 take that.

>I recommend learning C first
That just depends on whether or not he wants to learn more of the "nitty gritty". Starting with C is harder (for example, no native string type), but this way you'll learn more about arrays etc. Just really depends if he wants to get into it as just a hobby or make money ASAP from being a code monkey.

THIS
if you're a pro dev and use the entire std namespace, you're being very sloppy.

Only know Java and a bit of C

Never really tried the others since I could always accomplish everything I needed in Java

I never took any courses just fucked around in Java since I was a kid

I can also us xml and css since those go along with Java

C oral exam on tuesday, pls kill me

Programming is one of those things where I've thought "that would be cool to learn" but never get around to.

The main issue I face is that, really I'm not interested in "designing" anything like a game with shapes, art and color.

More or less I just want to write code without the artistic element, I guess.

C is not that bad if you already program, but as a first, you might as well warm up with C++. Transitioning to C from C++ is pretty smooth and you learn OOP along the way.

im getting okay at python

someone explain why i should learn base10

why would i need to flip the second digit in 0b10011 or

>tfw don't know how to program

how?

If I want to make simple Android apps what should I study. What softwarez should I use.

Basic and a little HTML

my mind is not robotic enough to get into it...

Guaranteed replies

Windows 10 native bash shell update came in really handy by the way, I recommend trying it.

syntax can vary greatly, as well as semantics.
the model of computation is the same for almost all of them.

Plenty of things to code that don't have any sort of interface. Start playing around by implementing basic algorithms from scratch. Start with bubble sort and work your way out to trees, etc.

Learn Java and use Android Studio

Android runs on Java so Java

>tfw I know Java
>I use a iPhone
I should learn objective C but I don't have a Mac

C++, Java, Java Script, Python
Dabbled in PHP and C#

>checked
PHP, JS, ruby, Delphi, and learning C

But shouldn't people start with procedural programming languages and then move to Object oriented ones ? at least that how we are taught here

HTML

Define know. I know many programming languages, probably 30 or more. I programmed in like 20 or so. I regularly use like 5 or 6. My favourite choice is normally Python but it depends.

java.
do some java tutorials with netbeans.
when you're slightly proficient, move on to android.
get android studio, read the developer documentation.

You're doing the opposite. A lot of devs typically have Android phones and Macbook Pros. Though with Win10 having native bash, it'll be interesting to see what devs do.

> Politics

>Programming in C++ for Borland Turbo 3.0 and running in MS-DOS

10-15 i'd say.

Are you me?

Is there a specific language this applies to, or are algorithms and trees to programming what finger painting is to art?

Kek.
He said programming languages user.

It depends.

Why?

Windows is superior when it comes to PCs and Apple is superior when it comes to phones

Pretty much any language can be used to implement algorithms. An algorithm is just a recipe, nothing else to it. I recommend Python as a starter because it's fairly popular and intuitive to learn. From there you may want to learn Java or C++ or maybe Golang if you want to be trendy. It all depends on your interests and what job you want to do.

OOP is for degenerates.

I don't think it really matters. I just know that C is rarely used these days outside of hobby projects, writing OS's and embedded programming. If you're not doing any of those things, then there's really no reason to NOT use C++.

>Apple is superior when it comes to phones
what did he mean by this?

>Doesn't see the sarcasm even with pic related

Never change leaf.

only if you're talking about the most popular ones, those generally take heavily after and evolve from C, but there are things like functional languages that are fairly different. though nowadays imperative languages borrow functional bits

That's debatable and subjective. Most arguments for Android are that it's more open and the app store is less restrictive. Macbooks have a native terminal, which makes things like ssh pretty easy. Sure you have cygwin in windows but it's not the same. In the end, whether you use windows or mac, you'll probably be remoting into a centos or ubuntu box so it doesnt matter other than preference of getting there.

Is there any inventive in knowing anything other than Java and C++?

Maybe HTML too

Loads.

I did tho.

Java
C#
Python
PHP
Obj-C
Swift

I guess it is subjective but the biggest problem with iPhone is that they're restrictive but that isn't really a problem if you jailbreak your phone.

PC doesn't really matter, you can just use a VM if you want

You idiots in these threads don't "know" these languages. You are a novice in 10 different languages, congratulations, you're useless. Employer's would much rather have an expert in one or two languages.

When you say you know all these different languages it makes it so obvious youre full of shit.

wut

>all these faggot pussy ass high-level languages
ASM masterrace reporting

>one argument after an if statement
>{}

you dont need to use it you fucking idiot

The biggest problem with iPhone is that it has virtually no security

>tfw can't do full stack

If you know Java or C++, that's a large share of the job market. Golang is growing, very popular, it feels like a mix of Python and C++. It's a pretty comfy language.

C, C++, PHP

>he never installed gentoo

k

Except no one is an "expert" in any particular language you pleb. They're an expert at problem solving, then use a reference book/website and Stack Overflow to look up what they want to do for a specific language.

You must write really shitty software.

C++ is most redpilled language btw

this

Unless you're a dev for a programming language and make contributions, it doesn't matter if you know a language 100%, as long as you can solve problems and follow the best practices. Learning a new language? Google "what is the best practice for blah blah blah"

Fortran, python, C++ and java.
Fortran is main poison

The languages themselves aren't even hard to learn, but OP wasn't referring to knowing more than 3 libraries for each language.

Ever used a MacBook Pro? They're fucking awesome

Lol k

There is a stark contrast between your shitty Stackoverflow code and the code written by a 20 year veteran professional engineer. Kill yourself

I barely know how to use the internet at 23. Lived in the white ghetto of West Virginia. The school was really poor and could only afford like 2 conputers that my whole class shared. I never learned to type and do anything special with computers. I'm on my roomates laptop hunting and pecking the keys.

Fortran is best poison.

Lol, what kind of job requires Fortran nowadays?

>He thinks he's an "expert" because he can remember all the libraries and function names without actually knowing how to use them efficiently, if at all

A cage with golden bars.
Same as iphones

Python, learning Go. Used to dev in C++ for a while. I also live part time in the land of SQL. Also R, because statistics. Using a buzz word, I'm a "data scientist", which is just an over glorified software dev who can do more stats than the typical software dev, but probably less than a statistician who can't write code to save their life.

People talking about knowing programming languages are kind of newbs to programming

What matters is understanding how a heap works, or what mu recursive functions are, or how Dijkstra's algorithm is implemented. Understand these types of basics, and a new language is easy.

Also, Algol-like languages (Java, C, C++, C#, Objective C, Perl, Python, Javascript) tend to be similar, so knowing one or a few is not that different. Knowing Lisp or Prolog or something is really knowing a different language.

I'm a C++ programmer at a video game company

Job is pretty fun, working on an SDK for some other company. Most of it is library code: writing serializers, allocators, hashers...
Gotta love that template magic

I can't imagine doing dev work on anything but a Mac or Linux; Mac is a perfect in between for corporate enterprise stuff and being able to use bash/VMs/brew. Linux is great too but it's harder sometimes for big companies to support them

C, C++, C#, Java, Javascript
Stick mostly to C# tho. Pic related - a WIP crypto bot

Physics. Fortran is alive and kicking in high-performance computing field.

C, Python, Haskell

Not mentioning scripting languages...

>no one is an "expert" in any particular language
millenials itt

Honestly I deeply admire everyone who has mastered C++.

I failed a C++ course last semester. The final assignment was to code a game with simple AI, network play and ASCII graphics using the ncurses library. We also learned some of the constructs of the newer standards like C++11 like lambda functions, auto variables etc... I'll just have to try harder next time.

Plain C seems like a walk in the park in comparison with C++ to me...

>Not mentioning scripting languages
>Python

how much time does it take to create a program like this? a month? assuming fluid knowlegde of the langauge

That's because C and C++ have different paradigms. Chances are that you're struggling with C++ syntax and perhaps OOP. Try Python, wrap your head around some concepts and then learn C++. Or just go with Java, more jobs for it anyway.

Read a book nigger

Javascript.

The rest are degenerate.

I'll be fair to the guy, Python is popular for scripting but it's also very popular in serious applications. With Python, you have plenty of implementations available that fix things like GIL in the vanilla Python.

Hurr durr. It isn't, firmware. Try option.