Just saw Dunkirk. Loved the hell out of it...

Just saw Dunkirk. Loved the hell out of it. Having Harry Styles call a black Frenchman a "fucking frog nigger" was kinda strange, but made sense for his character

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PhmFFtjB2qY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Saw it yesterday. I fucking loved it. Grabs you from the first second and relentlessly drags you with it until the end.

I'm also a huge aviation and WWII nerd so the aerial stuff gave me a chub. I must also say it's probably the most objective war movie I've ever seen. No drama, no cliches, no bullshit no nothing. Just pure human suffering. You're there with them.

One day you'll act your age OP, and when you do you can start working on your driver's license.

Agreed, it felt like you watched it through their eyes. The music was intense and added a lot of tension, and the sound was the best I've heard in any movie.

Is Nolan the Raimi of our time?

Did you get Stuckmanized?

Interstellar felt too long and bloated, this was perfect. Great movie.

Came in late, Scarecrow was already in the boat and Bane was patrolling the skies. Walked in just as Scarecrow is telling the BFG he doesn't want to go back to Dunkirk.... What did I miss?

Not ready to scale it with other war films but will say it's worth watching on a big screen. Also that soundtrack was relentless.

this was one of the most boring movies i have ever seen. couldn't wait for it to be over.

here's your (you)

It was alright, i'm just glad it wasn's a shitshow like Interstellar

>no drama
???????

how much aerial stuff was in it? Also flight dork.

Modern battle of britian movie when? Also, WTF happened to HBOs mighty eighth?
youtube.com/watch?v=PhmFFtjB2qY

Dunkirk was annoying to watch. The "staggered storytelling" did not provide any benefit, and the thick British accents were hard enough to understand without all the noise overwhelming them.

I think he means like filler emotional bullshit that lacks substance and is only there for the sake of being there

Same, my buddy turned to me and went 'kek' and got shushed

It was boring. Once you get past the pretentiousness of the REAL WORLD WAR II SOLDIER'S EXPERIENCE OF 90% BOREDOM AND 10% PURE DREAD, you realize you're basically watching something that wasn't meant to be a movie going experience, it was meant to be a big budget BBC documentary.

What a reddit thread. Nolan sucks.

>boring
Fuck off, the spectacle was incredible. Over half of the movie is jaw dropping.
>it was meant to be a big budget BBC documentary.
The BBC wouldn't have ever spent this much money on a docudrama and you know it. This movie cost over $150 million.

It's still just a doc. An sterile, over-budget, sleep-inducing doc. And no one will even be talking about it a year from now. Shit, people barely talk about Inception, and that was basically Nolan's opus.

>sleep-inducing
Did you see this in IMAX? I don't see how anyone could sleep through this film, the spectacle is astonishing. It's an incredible visual/audio experience.

*farts*

this opinion is so unoriginal it might aswell be reddit too

Those night shots were amazing, Nolans best work I can't wait to see what the contrarians say about this one