Love or hate the guy, you cant deny he's saving cinema

love or hate the guy, you cant deny he's saving cinema

>saving cinema by being the most boring cliche reddit loving director
Lol

I hate the guy more than anything, and he's ruining the film industry by making gimmicky blockbuster bullshit for people who like to suck their own dicks

i hate to break it to you but Sup Forums is reddit now

Being obsessed with reddit is mental illness, user.

Hotheads, Nolan's actually right. Name one good show/film Netflicks has made.

who is your favorite working director?
directors loved by reddit are indisputably better than directors exclusively loved by Sup Forums. please prove me wrong

I know and what is your point, that Sup Forums/reddit is cool?
He is legit their favorite director and as that another user said Sup Forums is reddit so its in my face

>saving cinema
>capeshit and scifi blockbusters

what is the netflix strategy?

>prove me wrong
Sup Forums is r/movies

the magnificent seven is literally the hateful 8 of the 60s. you just like it more because it has le cool 60s vibezz
bank on americas laziness

Give money to big name director's shitty projects studios are too smart too pick up.

Seriously the cognitive dissonance with the redditors who post here is insane. Something is wrong with this world.

This is the problem with Nolantards; they're chomping at the bit to fellate the ego of the director, it's all about the director and nothing else. I have quite a few directors who I keep an eye on but i don't worship any of them. Gaspar Noe, Linklater, Villenueve, Refn among others. If you're just watching because of the director then you're just being sold a "brand"

Yeah, Nolan's better than Malick and Mann...

fuck off back to /r/movies

malick isn't better than anyone

Okja was as good as any film Nolan has done.

I watched Side By Side last night, and him and a lot of people came off closed minded as hell

I think Nolan is good at creating a spectacle and getting people into the theater, which is a very different experience than watching something on Netflix. He's not wrong in the fact that most Netflix original content is average as best, but the reality is that there are only two good Nolan movies.

But Netflix let's you release film without going through the MPAA you fucking autist.

>I know
>he is THEIR favorite director
Don't you mean OUR favorite director, user
only joking but seriously calm down, if you can back up what makes nolan boring and clichè then all the better for you, but reddit is a literal non-argument. not liking something because you don't want to be somehow connected to a particular group is just contrarian fish-philandry.

nah bro you're just stupid. You follow director's work like you follow band's albums. Sure, some are better than others, even some individual songs are better than others on your favourite album, but it's still this one artist you know and love, and if he releases something new, chances are it's gonna be up your alley. What's so hard to understand?

btw i despise nolan and his shit films. Memento is the only one i might watch again

I feel like you kind of have to be closed minded to maintain a sense of identity in Hollywood

>all these netflix-watching turds getting buttblasted

Why are nolan drones so tasteless lads?

Interstellar is like tryinf to go full kubrick and shooting yourself multiple times in the foot with cliche dude love and exposition. Nolan is an exposition machine and he has little to say.

Sure that's a fine comparison but I don't worship them or lord them over the other directors as if they were some kind of savior. I'm passionate about their work and will probably check out what they do. There's a point where just like with music, a director can become so popular that people will like whatever they do no matter what though

The film crowd doesn't really have a leg to stand on anymore. Sure back in 2008 you could say that film looked better than digital, but things have come a long way in the last 9 years. As long as you have good equipment, and people who know what they are doing in post, hardly anyone can tell the difference. I think Nolan just likes film because it's an excuse to only do one take for everything.

Beasts of No Nation

What a pretentious cuck. I hate him. He is so full of himself with his garbage movies.

I don't get it. How did no one notice this guy sitting there in his GLASS office in the middle of the room?

I think interstellar was closer to event horizon than 2001 desu
Kinda this
The auteur theory really boggins my noggin

That is literally the most common redditor opinion on interstellar though

What's next for that black boy's career? If you were to ever blackwash a child character I'd be fine with it if he got the role.

i agree with all that. You seem like a reasonable dude, sorry for calling you an idiot.

It's just bantz dude no worries

>saving cinema by exclusively making PG-13 action blockbusters for the past decade, the kind of shit that's driving adults out of the cinema

Nolan helped to create a world that doesn't encourage movies like Insomnia or The Prestige within the studio system and he knows it. So what if his movies are aimed at 15-year-olds instead of 12-year-olds?

>Nolan makes kino after kino
Sup Forums BTFO

Nolan is butthurt theaters are dying
Where else is he going to showcase his cinematic landscape shots in glorious 70mm film

I hope he burns shitflix to the ground

>This is the biggest one one anyone's done since I've done. The biggest the silent era, in truth.
BRAVO NOLAN

I find his movies to be generally plain and joyless but I have to admire his dedication, work ethic, and love for the craft. Can't take that away from him

If only his films had a little personality I think he would be considered one of the greats.