Hi, I just saw Dunkirk in 70mm. It's perfect and I cried

Hi, I just saw Dunkirk in 70mm. It's perfect and I cried.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QijbOCvunfU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Nolan shill!

sup reddit

Nolan is Reddit

Hi Chris!

When will you stop making garbage movies?

Contrarian faggots everywhere, angry that their shitty capeshit is getting blown out of the water by Dunkino.

Do people unironically think this was a bad movie? Name one better mainstream movie in the last decade

where do you think you are.jpg

Noone's seen it yet, they're just memeing

you are reddit

Reddit?

I've seen it

unironically Batman V Superman

I have tickets for Saturday night. Pretty hyped. Will be the first imax film I've seen since Interstellar and Hateful Eight. Hoping it's a lot better than those hot messes.

Why did the pilot who ran out of gas fly so far away from the British troops that he ended up getting captured?

Interstellar

You are absolutely fucking retarded in every sense of the word. If autism gained a physical body with arms and legs, it would look and act exactly as you.

Saw it in imax. I'm not even a Nolan fan, but I thought it was beautiful. Faggots are crying about the lack of plot, but film is a visual medium, and this checked all the right boxes.

Movie was boring. Cool that they flew the planes and shit for real. No emotional connection to anyone. Confusing editing that made shit lose tension by repeating the same damn moment over and over

Why did Bane get himself captured by the Germans?

inception

The Germans were closing in pretty quickly. It really wasn't that far away

people who complain about there being no plot or character development are absolute philistines who know absolutely nothing about film, and they should shut up and sit down

Thanks for your input, but I'll wait for the only review that matters.

Did it show the French at all

But when he ran out he was literally a few hundred feet above the people waiting at the beach, he easily could have landed nearby.

Yea

He loves war movies, he'll love it

briefly, and they were assholes

>tfw teared up when the soldiers realised the civilians boats had arrived and when george died

He didn't have enough fuel or altitude to circle back around and land on the beach, and water landings were pretty risky.

i barely held it in for those, but i fucking lost it at the end with the churchill speech

>and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the Old.

>hire hans zimmer to do the score
>the only memorable bits of music are stolen from Edward Elgar

yes they were african niggers trying to get on the escape medic boat instead of injured british soldiers

not even joking

Best mainstream war film in a while.

Only thing that annoyed me was the spitfire with the 100:1 glide ratio.

Great film but for some reason it only clicked for me after the movie what those little timestamps meant when it first showed each group of people.

The scenes following the soldiers from the beach were over the time frame of a week.

The Civilians in the boat were over the course of one day

And the spitfire pilots over one hour.

I guess if it that was a little bit more easily explained it would stop all the people whinging that its confusing.

Most people in my theater were over 60 years old and probably had no idea what those timestamps were.

It was Nolan's fault for introducing them all within five minutes of each other instead of as their main story progressed. It made a lot of sense once the soldier triggered his PTSD though

Getting himself caught was a part of his plan.

I think it made sense to spread each story out the way it was. If it had been done chronologically you have had all the civilian boat and plane stuff crammed into the last 40 minutes of the movie. I will say things got a little disorienting once all of the stories started to converge, but it straightened itself out after a couple of minutes

Spitfires could actually glide for up to 15 miles from what I heard.

>get a little choked up when the younger boy is talking about wanting to actually do something
>lose it when the newspaper is shown

>Contrarian faggots everywhere

On the contrary, I went in the theater expecting a good movie like the critics said

the thing I learned yet again

Critics biggest problem is that they are critics

i didn't even pay attention to the timestamps. they didn't impact the film IMO. going from night to day and so forth was the only information really relevant.

and they all end up in the same timeframe anyway

>and I cried.

I bet your pussy started bleeding too

there was one african-french guy. which would have been accurate. stop Sup Forumsing the fuck out.

Adding to that, this single scene is better than Nolan's entire heap of shit, but the only reason is Nolan didn't direct it so it deserves no recognition

youtube.com/watch?v=QijbOCvunfU

The article about George in the newspaper is one of the heavier emotional moments

The one from the trailer isn't french senegalese
He's a fat british guy

Plenty of people were crying in my theater you fucking faggot. I didn't, but it's called national pride. It was a completely depressing movie that ended on a somber, yet relentless note.

Sorry there weren't enough quips for you.

LOL

>a british we wuz throughtout the whole scene

Your scene means nothing

this

there were colonial troops there at the time

>There were 120,000 colonial prisoners of war captured during the Battle of France. They were housed in different camps from their white, metropolitan French counterparts, all on French soil and French run, because of Nazi racial fears of them mixing with German civilians.

why didn't bane just eject and parachute down with the soldiers

>Plenty of people were crying in my theater you fucking faggot.

I think the only faggot here is you, not to mention that theater on the gay part of town where you went to go see it

fter Hardy shot down the german plane he glides along the beach where his fellow men are standing. I don't even think they realize hes out of fuel. When he slides back the cockpit roof he hears the roars and chants of his fellows soldiers who have just wintessed the first signs of victory maybe since the war began. He then shakes his head, slides back the cockpit doors and keeps on. In that moment he realize that their new vigor is what is important, and by bailing out he stains the picture of a victiorius tomorrow that these men just witnessed.
He chose his faith and decided to instead be captured (which those men will never know about) Just to inspire them to keep on fighting, for themselves and for their country.
Nolan wanted to show that all small deeds contributed to huge important, victorious events. This was just one of many.
Hope my answer satisfied you and after all thats just my take from it :D

While Dunkirk is undoubtedly a fine film, I was severely disappointed by the lack of PoC cast in the film (aside from a few Africans in the French forces).

Now, before some Sup Forumstard screams "muh historical accuracy", you have to realize that getting upset about historical accuracy is thinly veiled racism. To show white men basking in the limelight for heroism in war is incredibly unfair to PoC and women.

I really think Nolan should have had Muslim Brits, African Brits, and women fighting on the front lines in this movie. I realize it wouldn't be (and I hate to say it) "historically accurate", but come on, it's 2017. Everyone deserves representation. To be historically accurate would be to give legitimacy to the racist attitudes of the past. If CoD: WWII can have PoC and women fighting on the front lines then so should Dunkirk. Again, it's a great film, but it's definitely a white sausage fest.

It's right here the fatso has a limey accent. He's not french obviously, not only because of the accent but because the french were actually fighting the germans not running around the beach shitting their pants

Just saw it. Makes me proud we beat those disgusting Germans.

can't tell if bait or satire

that scene isn't even in the movie. why are you posting about a film you haven't seen? the nigger in the movie is literally a pitch black floating teeth african-french soldier. he's trying to push onto a medical ship and is blocking dozens of brits from getting on. they call him a frog.

It's loud as fuck. Stuka sirens almost blew out my eardrums

He had to glide, not dive himself into the ground like a retard

Literally this. Was George /ourguy/?

You're right I haven't seen it
but the clip is there as a teaser so I'm sure it'll be in the final cut.

Not that it matters, I only replied to prove you wrong

>im a 34 year old hardass who hasn't cried in years because i grew up to a broken family

>butcher harris

There was a family of five in front of me at my showing. I noticed them all cover their ears during those scenes.

Jesus Christ you munted camel hump, if you just sat back for 1 minute and used a search engine on that computer you somehow manage to use you would find out very quickly you are talking about a different movie to everyone else. How daft do you have to be to talk about something completely different while everyone else is having a conversation? Do you not have contact with other people? Are you that socially unaware? I get that this is an internet forum but maaaate, wisen up. This is anonymous so you can save face and walk away, but you need to adapt or you'll be left behind. Come on kid, you can do it.

It's a little long, but when it gets to the point it is actual, non-meme kino.

I don't even know who died

The little boy was the only death that even partially mattered.

It was 1 hour and 47 minutes. Shortest movie I've seen in a while

>frenchman death doesn't matter

He saved all those men in the lower holds, you show him respect

>sinking hospital boats

I thought that was illegal

No, I'm not going to do that
Besides aren't you the guy who admitted to crying inside the theater?

>hey hans, see that hospital ship with all the wounded that would definitely die if it sank? pretend to hit the mole but aim for the ship

It's a bad movie, but it's one of the greatest IMAX experiences you'll ever have. If I saw this on a normal small screen or on TV at home I honestly would have hated it, but that 70mm IMAX sound, size of screen, everything, it all just worked. The bullets and the sounds of the planes literally making you deaf like you're actually there, that was awesome shit. That's how you do dog fighting Hollywood. Also no hand-to-hand combat so Nolan stayed away from his biggest flaw, grats on that. Loved it.

10/10 Would recommend to only see it in IMAX or at least Cinmark XD or w/e the biggest loudest screen is, something with a sound system.

Germans are savages

What a terrible fucking opinion

only like 4 people were saved though

See, even knowing that I felt like it lingered a lot. Not that I mind, it's a slim fuckin' movie, but the fat that was there was very noticable.

I'm gonna try and see it again though. I walked in on a bit of a screening at my theater today and it almost gave me PTSD flashbacks.

Pros:
- beautifully shot
- great sounds
- makes war seem absolutely terrifying
- a few very sad moments

Cons:
- every character was literally who except the yacht crew
- confusing timeline and hard to get your bearings at times

It's great. How often do you get to watch the French bravely die in battle as the British run for the ocean with piss running down their leg?

He still managed to save people, including the asshole who threatened him

Anyone else notice Kanjiklub was in the movie?

Rob's breath was fucking awful, also plane kino at its finest

FUCKING THIS NOLAN IS SHIT

>single take tracking shot meme

Stale, dull, boring, overused, and overrated. Yawn.

Two African divisions got evaced, another three didn't get evaced.

I wish I was autistic enough to kill a man because I wasn't going directly home.
This was unironically kino. Love the almost horror like vibe, not to mention the cinematography was golden and Zimmer delivered the absolute best. No complaints at all tbqh.

Gotta scream to get things out? Are you an ape?

This is how a lot of older war movies need to be portrayed. The sheer horror and adrenaline survival of it was goddamn gripping.

It bugged me that when the planes got shut down, they just puffed a little bit of white smoke. I wanted cool explosions or something. I know this was obviously historically accurate, but that bugged me.

I have my criticisms, but I don't have any issues with the spitfire/Tom Hardy scenes. Those were amazing.

Real autism is knowing Nolan used the Spanish built 109s and not authentic German Bf-109s.

That's not Kanjiklub

And now Britain is infested with third world scum and about to be extorted for 10s of billions by the German-led EU. Maybe the yanks can bail you out again eh chap?

What a fucking hack

the african guy and a bunch of other french troops were trying to get on

>yfw Harry Styles was the best