Stargate: Origins

Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=pnaEUhfMUKQ
Gateworld: twitter.com/GateWorld/status/888219258882097152
Where were you when Stargate was buried?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PukkdCKnBww
youtube.com/watch?v=pnaEUhfMUKQ
hitberry.com/all-the-nasty-details-on-joe-flanigan-s-divorce-with-ex-wife-katherine-kousi-and-custody-battle-for-kids/
twitter.com/JoeFlanigan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rip stargate

Err, what is this? Learning more about Catherine Langford is one of the last thing I was interested in

a reboot would actually be ok with me

:o)

Seriously now, can we just not?

I don't understand who this is for, fans of the show want an actual stargate series with all the sci-fi stuff that comes along with it, and a 10 minute web series that's locked to some obscure streaming subscription isn't going to get ANY new people interested in Stargate.

It's just going to be money thrown in the trash for the studio, they might as well not bother.

oh, is this what it is about?

two lead writers have one writing credit between them.

I just wish they'd release the stargate series on bluray before they sink the entire franchise.

They won't do that because once this flops they'll just claim that there's no more interest in the series and it's not worth the cost.

>They won't do that because once this flops they'll just claim that there's no more interest in the series and it's not worth the cost.
"But you raped the product and demanded we watch."
"Well, you didn't watch therefore we can tell you don't want to see our product."

And the director's only credits are incredibly cringe inducing web shorts.

fuck this.
I own the original DVD box sets with the shit artwork, flimsy cases where the tabs all break off and cheap cardboard that falls apart on the self. I'll re buy the series in those newer cases that look nice on a shelf and aren't a pain to get the disks out of.

Spend your money on the gold, not the shit fools gold in the promise if you buy it you might get more gold.

i dont understand how mgm can fuck up the only franchise they have other than bond.

you'd think they be desperately trying to restart stargate... like even joe flannigan found german investors to restart sga.

It's apparent this is a half-assed attempt to cash in on female empowerment shit that is in vogue. this is probably the end result of some long internal battle for bullshit

>probably another year until the expanse is back
>stargate fans on suicide watch

jdimsa

Gonna rewatch the movie to palette cleanse here.

And screw y'all, the movie is fantastic.

They're really going to pull some shit like "Catherine was the stronk independent gatemaiden who dont need no SGC!!"? Really?

>I own the original DVD box sets with the shit artwork, flimsy cases where the tabs all break off and cheap cardboard that falls apart on the self. I'll re buy the series in those newer cases that look nice on a shelf and aren't a pain to get the disks out of.
I bought the complete series (the one with the stargate on the front of the box) and those DVD's are packed in so tight I feel like the paper folder holding them is going to scuff the DVD if I pull it out wrong.

It's only good when shoehorned into the context of the TV show (i.e. Ra's first host body was an Asgard, which explains his one look in the film, etc.)

>you'd think they be desperately trying to restart stargate... like even joe flannigan found german investors to restart sga.

hard science reboot

Nah, I never wondered about that, I just figured that's what his alien look was and that there was some disgusting body swapping process.

Made it very creepy to me.

And you just gotta love Kurt Russell and Spader fighting Ancient Aliens. It's a fun romp, not to say I don't love the show either.

>Origin
Hallowed are the Ori

A story about Ori would be better.

The only way they could do anything resembling a decent continuation, is to "TNG" it so that it is anchored firmly in the world that SG-1 and Atlantis built. A reboot would be a shit idea.

That leave the problem of a big bad. The most interesting evil in that universe, the System Lords, are all gone.The Ori sucked. Maybe they could do something with the Wraith, but they're all too samey.

sg1 blu rays when

APOLOGIZE

>"Webisodes" doesn't really fit here. Closer analog is BSG: Blood & Chrome, which aired as a TV movie when all was said and done.

holy fuck, they're playing around with what turned out to be a failed medium ten years ago. This is honestly one of the most uncalled-for things I've ever seen

>A story about Ori would be better.
A story about almost anything would be better.

>sg1 blu rays when
After B5 and DS9 apparently.

After you make all your friends subscribe to SGO to make SG not die for good.

just jump forward. stargate is public knowledge after wraith invasion where they were defeated.
no contact with destiny
new bad guy enters scene.

>That leave the problem of a big bad. The most interesting evil in that universe, the System Lords, are all gone.The Ori sucked. Maybe they could do something with the Wraith, but they're all too samey.

Earth was way too nerfed at this point. They kind of shot themselves in the foot with that stuff. From six seasons of getting their asses kicked to being on a near god-like level by the last was really retarded. One of my major issues with the series

No. The only redeeming part of SGU was the shitposting on Sup Forums
tfw no more lt. hooters, senator glau, etc. threads

>stargate origins
>not about ori or book of origin

did they not even watch the whole show before naming it? or only the first season?

Look at the writer and director credits for this abortion and you'll have your answer.

That's old shit for nerds

the powercreep in the series was retarded. the hataks from the first season are unbelievably bad compared to the end of series bc304.

I'm watching "A Matter of Time," my favorite ep are the ones where they are trying to figure out something about the tech they didn't know before
Each of my seasons are in a cardboard box with a gate on the front with random egyptian symbols,(the eye of ra is point of origin on this weird gate) with 3 of those those ultra slim cases where the tabs break off, in each box.

>powercreep
It's called progression, and the show did it right.

writers are nobodies forced to watch the movie+season 1 and some other choice episodes, they won't even need to check the wiki because it's a new timeline where most stuff is thrown out the window

Well they did get some Asgard powerboost. Goa'uld ain't got shit on the Asgard

>Each of my seasons are in a cardboard box with a gate on the front with random egyptian symbols,(the eye of ra is point of origin on this weird gate) with 3 of those those ultra slim cases where the tabs break off, in each box.
Guess we should be happy MGM released the series on DVD at all and not just VHS.

goauld use roughly the same tech for thousands of years.
earth goes from 'wait stargate goes more than 1 place?' to having the most advanced tech since the ancients in only 10 years.

it makes no sense.

just lucky I guess

>It's called progression, and the show did it right.

there's really no way to defend it.
>A fraction of the Earth's intellectual manpower in the US military and a very few select civilian contractors with a fraction of the military's operational budget can not only attain the tech of a thousands-year old space faring society but surpass it by magnitudes within a couple of years
The Goa'uld being egotistical, complacent thieves really doesn't explain it well enough as they encountered and pursued the tech of more advanced (Non-Asgard) societies often enough

Rest easy everyone!

>GateWorld.net @GateWorld
>#Sanctuary also started as short-form online episodes before running for four seasons on Syfy. #StargateLives

This other show you don't watch also started out the same way! Everything else is different but this one similarity will mean this new series will be awesome!

youtube.com/watch?v=PukkdCKnBww

I'm starting to be concerned about him. It's textbook stages of grief we are witnessing.

Earth pursued advancement, Goa'ulds didn't. Even then, they got lucky and mostly achieved victory through Ancient and Asgard tech.

that in itself was kind of stupid

The reveal of the Earth finally getting the Prometheus after several seasons of SG-1 getting cockblocked over stealing and then somehow losing Ha'taks was pretty neat. I wish the show had kept to a really gradual progression of technology and space assets. It made them feel much more important

>I'm starting to be concerned about him. It's textbook stages of grief we are witnessing.
Hasn't had anything real to tweet about in years and then has to tweet about this? Yeah. I think it broke him.

> GateWorld.net @GateWorld 2m2 minutes ago
>Tomorrow we're running a special feature on the life of Catherine Langford - everything we know about her past! #StargateOrigins
Okay. So what is he going to do with the other 24 hours and 45 minutes of the day?

GateWorld is in complete denial over this.
They're like a battered wife

>They're like a battered wife
"You'll eat this shit and love it!!"

"Y...yes sir..."
*nom nom nom*

MGM is legit nothing but butterfingers the company.

Sony Pictures might be retarded but even they manage to not fuck up as often

>Gatelets
Come hang out with a strong sensual syfy...
Dark Matter.

we even have titty monsters you might recognize

she lost weight dark kek. those are gone.

Oh, it's fucking nothing. Ok

>a fucking web series
WHY?! WHY?! It's like they're mocking us.

>all that black

Try again.

more like

>you'll eat this shit once a week for the next 10 weeks
>y-yes miss
>and not only that, you're going to thank me for it, pay me for it, and tell all your friends and family to come eat my shit once a week
>o-okay w-w-whatever y-you say
>Oh, and if you don't get enough people paying to eat my shit I'm going to abort our child that I'm pregnant with and murder the rest of our children with a fucking sledgehammer
>DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND ME? I'M DOING THIS FOR YOU, THE FANS

I wonder how big those zits on her forehead really are?
Can't really tell because she applied her concealer with a putty knife.

Ehh I don't really think anything at the point where SGU was canned could survive a full on Wraith invasion.

Wraith might have taken a dicking throughout SGA but they still had crazy amounts of ships, army, crazy wraith tech left.

Even with years of prepping and Ori backup it'd still be a long shot to fend off all the Wraith trying to go into the Milky Way ready for the all you can eat buffet

they are, it also has a SJW lead role

Holy shit it wasn't enough to cuck Star Wars and Doctor Who with this feminist shit now they are going after Stargate. Top kek nothing is safe. Farscape femanazi reboot when?

>B5
Don't tease me
When is that

I really, really hate studio exec's and tv/movie producers.

I think we'd live in a utopia if they all just died.

DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FELLOW GATERS

>Farscape femanazi reboot when?
They're attempting to make another Farscape movie.

Huh, I like Joe Flanigan more now. What's he even been doing since Atlantis, beyond trying to get it back?

Give em enough time and they'll be trying to rape the corpses of Farcape, Babylon, Andromeda, and really anything else they can think of.

Only a matter of time before things like Buffy and Dark Angel get rebooted into full on turbo feminist shit even if the originals starred strong female leads

AND THE THING THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF IS THAT WHEN THIS HORSE SHIT FAILS, AND IT WILL FAIL, THEY'LL SAY, 'THE FANS ARE SIMPLY NOT INTERESTED IN ANYMORE STARGATE!" We are interested, We simply don't want DOG SHIT and that's what they're giving to us, DOG SHIT. Fuck Stroink wymen and fucking SJWs and PCs and Cultural Marxist, I HATE THEM ALL!

too be fair this blind excitement and hope was what made season 1 of sg1 successful, the fact they had a fan base before they saw anything

Literally never, due to the way it was shit

I could even put up with the feminist bullshit if it wasn't a 10 minute webseries prequel about someone who never went through a stargate

the comments on the teaser are pure cancer
youtube.com/watch?v=pnaEUhfMUKQ

were*, we've heard nothing about it in almost two years

I love Farscape but it should really never come back. It was a weird meeting of turn of the millennium Australia and the Jim Henson Company that ended up with a great show (the romance bits were a bit much though). The universe itself was sparse and not really up for a revisiting

*shot

my bad

Apparently just wanting a new actual Stargate series that continues the narrative is too much to ask of this world anymore. I want off this ride.

He still pops up in things from time to time, surprising he isn't in more shit considering he's a good actor and bffs with Jason Mamoa IRL.

From what I remember most of the actors on SGA didn't end on good terms with the producers due to the backhanded way it was cancelled to make way for SGU, even going so far as to tear down the sets after everyone left before telling em

>When is that
Never due to the fact that the way the CG was done means that WB would have to remake all the CG in the entire series in order to convert it to bluray.

One of the same reasons we'll never get DS9 on bluray.

I wish some rich guy would buy the fucking franchise rights from these incompetent fucknuggets.

like Roland Emmerich?

hitberry.com/all-the-nasty-details-on-joe-flanigan-s-divorce-with-ex-wife-katherine-kousi-and-custody-battle-for-kids/

that was back in 2014, I think he did some traveling after the divorce, he's pretty well off money wise

twitter.com/JoeFlanigan

They've tried, MGM literally wants to hold a death grip on the series because it is/was their most successful franchise in forever and fear someone else taking it and doing the same

who knows what tech was acquired or alliances forged to help repel an invasion. you can just say it was done and thats it... i mean we did have a bunch of toilet seats lying around

maybe have sg team members be vets of the war and you mine that shit for character development. literally easy episodes.

Even him. At least then there would be an attempt at doing something stargate related.
This is just a vlog with the franchise name slapped on it.

SG1 COMPETE SERIES ON BLU RAY FUCKING WHEN?

There was talk of using those cyborg wraith enemies in the alt universe but all that pretty much died when SGA was canned.

Could always try super secret evil asguard weapon but considering their entire plan for millions of years has been hide from the Wraith or get exterminated I don't see that being the best idea

Never because this is the path we're on now:

The girl parts of SGU are what ruined S1 and first half of S2.

Doot doot.

I hate feminist bullshit with a passion. I would kill the series myself if I could than suffer any of that.

it's like they don't want our money. They could have told a million more interesting stories and if it's good, like really good, fans would pay out of their holes for it. But they want to get preachy and share more cultural Marxist bullshit.

MGM isn't spending 20 million restoring it

CBS isn't even doing it for Deep Space Nine

I picked this up at a thrift store today for 2 bucks. is this a sign it will be both shit, animated and not canon later on?

Maybe I should watch it to prepare my mind for SGO

why in gods name No-one has remastered B5 with modern day Fx

>But they want to get preachy

SG1 was always a bit preachy; it ultimately fucked them up ever achieving anything until they got nerfed by the later seasons. Kind of got repetitive after a while

Its been what? 4 years? Theyre still asleep anons, floating between galaxies...
>theyl never wake up again
;_;

90-something years to go

I laughed at the green bar flickering at the top before I noticed he had something imposed in his arms, good work