Where did all the middle class jobs for millennials go?

Where did all the middle class jobs for millennials go?

Other urls found in this thread:

paulgraham.com/re.html
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/W207RC1A156NBEA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Boomers won't retire.

Boomers cant retire because they fucked the economy up so hard they're not making the money to retire

>boomers won't retire
>production went overseas so managerial jobs went with them
>companies realize they can hire a bunch of part timers instead of full timers

>heh of course you can get a job son
>youre good with
>computers

Who cares. Ignorant southerners are somewhere saying nigger; that's obviously far more important than things like my future and the economy.

This, plus immigrants.

This is exactly what "Make America Great Again" stands for.

>Want to work middle class job desperately for a decade now
>Literally has to wait for someone else to FUCKING DIE so I can take their place

This. Honestly OP we have much bigger fish to fry. Please check your privilege.

What does Sup Forums consider middle class?

Twitch streamer.

They went to Pajeet and other H1Bs.

No no.you meant to ask where the jobs millenials pretended to exist went.if you want a job,youre actually going to have to work.

Automation

This is how it ends

Fucking this, Christ i remember article I read a while back about some fucking company bringing a bunch of street shitters in that literally had little to no actual knowledge of computer systems/coding and had the people who's jobs they were replacing train the fucking pajeets.

Maybe if millennials had any skills they wouldn't need to be given to immigrants.

Shes working at mcdonalds you faggot.you want her job im sure you can have it.

Temporary foreign workers

I don't know if Millennials lost or if they won

She looks adorable, better passing her time there than just waiting for death in her home.

if were talking middle class industrial and manufacturing based jobs, you can directly thank nafta and chinese imports for a 25 percent decline in US output. manufacturing in mexico has influenced some decline but the majority is due to outsourcing by our own countries businesses. big business is not your friend OP. its a necessary evil in our type of economy. the most redpilled individuals are self employed business owners. thats the best way to get "rich" but its a tough gig....raising wages for menial jobs wont do shit either. those will just become more and more automated and as always those without a degree are going to get left behind. get one. learn a trade or something useful. something that cant be offshored to some brown intellectual in asia. dont overlook community college too. go for two years and transfer...

Maybe you should read the posts before you comment

Why can't millennials compete with street shitters?

"Service Economy" is just a dank meme that has funneled all the wealth upwards for the few that outsourced everything and where the lower class goes to "serve" for pennies.

Anyone know someone in our age group who do work as a waiter or waitress?

NEET no included.

they're still there. you just need the appropriate degrees for them.

I don't think you know too many old people

It's okay, they don't like you anyway

Don't forget the 10 year work experience.

0 if your from India or China.

Generation Autism specializes in complaining and lethargy. "Doing things" really isn't their plan.

State pension age increasing.

>back in my day I had to walk 2 miles and give the manager a firm handshake, now that was hard!
>all these youngsters have it so easy today going to college for 4 years before they can be a dishwasher!

You are the reason why western civilization and capitalism are collapsing.

But that's for working class jobs isn't it?

Or you could do what Gavin did and start your own business. Or, at least, make your own job / be self-employed. He's always harping on about entrepreneurialism on his shows. Thing is I reckon he was just lucky to be in the right place and the right time with Vice, and then he's been able to start other businesses since then with the money he got from it, so there was hardly any risk attached (e.g. he had a Manhattan restaurant but shut it down after a while, and had his ad company Rooster but then got fired for his """"""""""transphobia""""""""""")

How can someone be middle class but not have a job?

>Lets just import workers instead of actually training some people

But paying good wages to your own people is entitlement

Why can't young western white males who are the future to our race's survival just learn to be more competitive and accept slave wages?

Cucks in here will let the rich sell out their race for a quick buck.

What is good for business is good for society. Learn how economics works faggot.

because they can pay H1b's literally nothing and the GDP difference between the dollar and the indian shit dollar is huge that they'll be millionaires when they go back to their country

But that is entitlement or so the big businessman told me.

White men should be competitive like Africans

More like Cuckinomics

Why do you keep posting this thread without getting banned

>Mods

they don't train people anymore, it's all on the job training or they hire people with the requirements without actually checking if they are telling the truth. so you have good workers doing the majority of the work and the shit workers that lied to get the job and can't train new workers.

the only way you can get a job is to bullshit your resume, no one has the time or money to fact check it and if you are a good worker, you will learn on your own.

you faggots are just lazy as fuck and want jobs handed to you. maybe we really do need Trump, so he can pass out infrastructure repair jobs so you can afford a house, but that's only if you betas actually want to work labor.

TLDR; lie on your resumes, they don't fact check it, and train yourself on the job.

To China and Mexico

They are right here in IT.

My first job was working in a tire shop and the staff there taught me everything I had to know. Now people just care about where you went to study.

My hypothesis is that they do the college and resume BECAUSE of the fact that older workers can't retire. This new way of doing things is a delay in order to get older workers set straight.

china, and mexico

China for consumer goods
India for services
Mexico for food
Vietnam for clothes
Middle east for resource extraction

This is okay because it takes the resource strain and pollution off of our country but at the same time it damages an entire generation and weakens retirement for older people

It is a perfect example of opportunity costs

Why not work at McDonalds for $15.00hr? Not cool enough?

mcdicks fires people annually so they don't have to increase pay

>We're helping foreign business and letting them keep all the profits, therefore our society will improve!

RIP BP

Not to mention caps on work schedule at part time and franchising so they don't have to pay insurance and follow other regulations

This is all legal and there is nothing wrong with exploiting it, but the philosophical question is "should we?"

Future generations need something to build off of so they can continue the race as well as become wealthier faster. If you keep outsourcing jobs/automating and limiting hours. You get a situation in which a generation never advances. You lose generational and national wealth over time.

Just wait until McDonalds goes full touch-interface on their front end. It's smart business but everyone with a job taking orders is gone.

And it will happen. In the next 1-5 years, if not sooner.

chilis already has it you can order right from the tablet on the table and not see a human at all for 20 mins

I see outsourcing failing just like multiculturalism because of the fact we are screwing over two groups of people at once.

You are taking jobs and income away from one group so they can't buy goods any more

The other group is getting the jobs but are not being paid enough to afford the goods they produce

Sure you are saving a lot more money and your production has risen but eventually your inventory will be overstocked with goods neither group will be able to afford.

Do you cut off your nose to spite your face?

>Where did all the middle class jobs for millennials go?

into the maw of government waste and over-regulation and high taxation.

Filename Kek

This. The only places that are currently experience growth are those countries with limited governments like China.

Screwing two groups of people over at the same time = bigger profits

So you keep thinking what you're thinking while all the people with money and power think something else.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

You took money out of your system and you aren't getting it back. You screwed your race and your country over. The older generations have to work longer and the younger generations won't get to work until a new innovation comes about. By getting rid of your manufacturing jobs so quickly you took away your hedge against market failure.

And for what? Just so a few people can enjoy a temporary boost in profit?

>muh nation state
The 1960s called, they want your archaic form of political and economic organization back.

>no Steve-O
fucking dropped

Exactly. Let's all take a moment to check our white privelage.

>tfw

They don't want them.

What's up with your vagina trash can?

>Job is advertised as "entry level, suitable for new graduates"
>requires 3 years experience
wat

>Job is advertised for new graduates, entry level position
>this time it doesn't require any experience, they're willing to train new people and are doing interviews
>a fucking boomer got the job

well guess I'm going to do medicine now

Oversaturation of the computer science market, automation of the assembly line, and being generally averse to manual labor caused by growing up with technology.

They're there. They're just entry level, which means you have to work your ass off to get 'middle class' jobs.

Mandatory.

Do one with Trump.

what a poor sad fellow

he must hate his kids or something

And millennials will still be expected to slave away producing social security revenue for them

I hear tell there are 200 - 300 thousand more coming, they are actually ramping up the program "for the economy". Wew, country is kill, best have a plan that doesn't involve being a wagecuck.

What is with this bullshit mentality?

Why are the youth so stupid?

The existence of a middle class was a relic from the war when the economy was basically run from the pentagon.
paulgraham.com/re.html

I'd just like to know why I need to list three professional references for entry level jobs. what the fuck is up with that?

To weed people out easier. List teammates/classmates, and professors, and possibly anyone else that understands your work ethic (besides family). I have no idea if they actually call those people, but they may ask about them during the interview to which you can explain why they were listed.

>you faggots are just lazy as fuck
you only say that because you haven't been seriously job searching recently. I've been looking for 14 months, its actually impossible to get a job where I live

I ACTUALLY DID APPLY TO MC DONALDS
THEY DIDN'T EVEN GIVE ME A CALL BACK
LATER THAT SAME MC DONALD HIRED 10 MEXICANS AND 5 BLACKS
I ENDED UP IN A UPPER MANAGEMENT POSITION OF A REAL ESTATE FIRM
I JUST WANTED TO WORKED AT MC DONALDS

>Boomers destroy economy
>Boomers won't/ can't retire
>Millennials stop looking for jobs after year of searching
>Unemployment numbers improve since Millennials are dropping out of workforce.
>Boomer managers receive hundreds and thousands of applications for position emboldening them to require PhDs and 20 years of experience for a non-paying internship.

entry level in this day and age means you need AT LEAST three years of experience, five professional references, and definitely a college degree.
you really dont understand unless you're out looking for these jobs

Boomers are left with empty wallets.

fred.stlouisfed.org/series/W207RC1A156NBEA

>Where did all the middle class jobs for millennials go?
South of the border or overseas. I'm old enough to know.

Can we really not just.... off 'em?

FPBP

When I get old enough to run for a political position that will be my agenda.

That's just fucking sad.

Working for your entire life and can't even take a few years to relax and enjoy life a bit before you go senile and die.

>Economy is booming
>Surplus of jobs in every field
>Dow Jones at an all time high
>Easiest time to get a mortgage
>Weak millenials lead into a decrease of competent workers and less competition for jobs
>Several ways of making money
>Internet makes it easier to build new skills

I'm starting to believe pol is entirely made up of 12 year olds with no life experience or baby boomers that have been NEET for 30 years

Millenia are weak, but don't kid yourself.

Things are harder and more complicated than they have ever been. Skills alone won't get you into the union.

Things aren't easy if you are dumb. There used to be a place for dume people, but those jobs are vanishing

>walk into restaurant
>ask for application
>lady says something in Spanish
>say what?
>i'm sorry your required to know Spanish to work here!
>kitchen laughs

If you spend all your time drinking amd doing drugs and scrambling your brain chemistry then yeah, it would be difficult.

Good that bottom feeder millenials cant into insight

Boomers and older hold 75% of the wealth in the US.

I blame outsourcing to pajeet. I mean, think of all the jobs that would be created if even just call centers had to run in the west.
I agree that is really sad. Her family should really be doing more to take care of her.

China and other developing countries

Went to Best Buy today and they had a white board at the front that had on "now hiring but must be bilingual".