youtu.be/w6CQRVODln0
youtu.be/xvODHnpKf8g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VhU8tOypxac
youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0dAhBAcAY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>piggybacking on willem dafoe cause the rest is complete shit

nah the camera angles are pretty nice too
the only thing i dont like is the kids delivery

What the fuck man. Dafoe literally looks like Ryuk, hell he could be the human form of it. It's so fucking uncanny.

It's cgi you twat

God this looks retarded as fuck.

Dafoe is perfect casting, but I'm actually cool with the rest. Ryuk pushing Lighto to use the note instead of just being like "Yeah, do with it what ya want" is neat, though I don't know how I feel about it being so petty.

just out of curiosity, do you have to put jewflix in your post to get the 10c? I can't imagine why a non shill would do that

What the fuck.

That looks like ass. The whole point of Death Note was that Ryuk didn't have to encourage Light to use the Death Note, but rather that Light himself was the sole creator of the Kira persona.

Fuck this shit right off the bat.

Dafoe looks/sounds great though.

>That looks like ass. The whole point of Death Note was that Ryuk didn't have to encourage Light to use the Death Note, but rather that Light himself was the sole creator of the Kira persona.
You're only the 1,000,000,000,000th person to say this. Shut the fuck up. Nobody but weebs care. Your anime was shit by itself anyway.

Sorry. I didn't know that I was the 1,000,000,000,000th person to say that.

This was the first time I've seen this shit.

To be fair though, it's a glaring difference from the anime, so expect people to keep pointing it out.

Fuck you. No, seriously, fuck you. You shut the fuck up. You are the one who is to shut the fuck up. This site isn't for you. Go back to Facebook. You fucking piece of utter trash. The anime wasn't perfect but it was better than this. You barnacle on the hull of a ship made of feces. Fuck off. Fuck you. Get the fuck off this site. You have no idea what's good and what isn't. You idiot. You slime. I care, and so do the true posters on this site. This is important. Go fuck yourself.

y-you too

> What is an adaptation

will the ost be good? the og one for the show was phenomenon

>will the ost be good?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Im sure at that point he isnt fully convinced that what was happening was real. That why I like him coaxing light.

The anime is a hot turd for that reason my guy. Light went straight to sociopath and you never once bought any possibility of him having good intentions for that reason.

I prefer them painting it this way as it will actually give light some dimension beyond sociopathic mememaster.

You can still have the elements of Light mainly his pride and his ego which eventually lead him to being consumed by his alter ego Kira and in turn the death note.

Looks like they managed to get Nicholas Cage's illegitimate son to star in this.

remember how the anime stole an Aphex Twin song

youtu.be/w6CQRVODln0

Of all the bait worthy responses, you chose that.

they were throwing her books around and pushed her on da ground. those bullies deserve decapitation.

kek. top tier shitty writing. is this movie PG-13 or something?

I have a movie idea, it's called Reply Note. The note is a notebook computer and any post one makes from it automatically gets several responses.

i'm looking forward to this.

>Some rando's toss a girl's book around
>Decapitation

wew

>Light Yagami Marvel Quips now
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Light went straight to sociopath and you never once bought any possibility of him having good intentions for that reason.

Because someone with inherently good intentions and morals couldn't be light, it takes a certain kind of character, like a sociopath.

And Light did break down after using the death note the first times and realizing the power that it has, it's not like he was unfazed after using it to kill. He just came to the conclusion it was right afterwards.

Light did everything by his own will up until the end, and that's why he was a great character. Both his rise and demise were brought through his own doing.There is no need to lessen his character by having Ryuk hold his hand.

>in the end Raighto and his goons toss around death notes to bully people they don't like

As expected Nat Wolff is complete shit. Also the way Ryuk is staged would be good if you couldn't tell they're obscuring him because the CGI is terrible. Dafoe is great, I especially liked his delibery of "Let's see what happens". He almost makes up for the rest.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Woah, so this is the power of autism...

wtf

It pretty much was perfect up until episode 25. Absolutely fucking amazing show and anyone who says otherwise is a faggot.

lol what

Into the trash it goes.

I just rewatched the anime. What song is this supposed to be like?

Not like that album is completely original. Basically Richard trying to sound like Brian Eno

I've heard of RDJ because of Grandma's Boy, but who is Brian Eno? What films would I know him from?

youtu.be/xvODHnpKf8g

wtf i hate netflix now

dafoe is ryuk irl

it's only stealing if yoko kanno made it

It's like mad libs.

Hot fucking garbage and more reasons why people hate American's for butchering everything.

Also Light's actor looks like 30 year old trying to play a teenager.

The fact that we know L is a fucking nigger makes it even better. I'm going to pirate this shit and laugh at this shit.

It’s so pointless. I don’t really get it.

If you are 15. It's pure young adult pulp.

t. brainlet

>anime
>brain
?

making ryuk obscured actually helps
it makes him more mysterious and creepy
showing his design in bright lights like the shitty japanese live action would be awful
i hope he's always in the shadows in this movie

Ryuk shouldnt even exist. The twist should have been that it was all a very unlikely series of coincidences

Same thing as that motorcycle fag stealing that purse

This

>Light isn't convinced
>writes a name
>Ryuk tells him to also write the cause of death
>first thing popping in his mind is decapitation, why not
It doesn't feel out of place to me, specially that Light isn't full-on sociopath yet, but he shows the repressed tendencies.

why is this so awful

the orientals are factually historically inferior

this should be simple

why take millions and create shit

hey hey human sucker a human human fucker

>shall we begin?

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORN FREE POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORN

deardful in every way possible
wasting Dafoe on this is a sin

unironically this

I unironically want an edgy walking scene set to this.

SO MANY DEMONS
SO MANY DEMONS
SO MANY DEMONS IN ENGLAND

It's actually
>HEY HEY NIGGA SUCK IT. I NEED A NIGGA FAGGOT

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
-WHITE PEOPLE!!!
*drums blaring*
WHITE PEOPLE
*guitars dying*
WHITE PEOPLE
*musical failure*
F U C K

Everyone will watch it just for dafoe so autusm like is irrelevant

Ok lets cram over twenty episodes of character development into a two hour or less film, fucking not muh faggots.

I used to think it was amazing as well but after rewatching it recently, I came to another conclusion. All the deduction and complex scheming is basically nothing but guesswork and luck. It's not a logical game of chess between L and Kira, it's more like them trying to deduce which lottery numbers will be drawn next week.

>"We're not the good guys anymore!" - Light from the Netflix trailer
INTO THE DUMPSTER IT GOES!

Seriously, one of the key aspects to his character was that he believed with all of his heart that what he was doing was justified and for a good cause. He was the Hero of his own story, no matter what.

Things fall apart ;^)

>It'll be great because willem dafoe is in it!
But the other attempts to adapt the anime into a movie have all been mediocre at best!
>WILLEM. DAFOE.

Jesus christ the kid playing Light is atrocious.

Why is Light a greasy, ugly, geeky jew?

this looks bad for a high production.

CRAAAWLING IN MY SKKIIIN
THISSS FAG SHIIT IS SO GAY-OOO

I've always hated Light Yagami, but now I'll hate him even more for a lot of different reasons. I kind of like it.

White people already have a God complex. Why didn't they keep Light asian?

No one said the movie will be great because of Willem Dafoe, just that Willem Dafoe will be great in the movie.

Oy vey then the evil white man wouldn't be taken down by the dreamer young black scholar genius as is totally normal

Looks even worse than I was expecting. I can't imagine it will be anything the series it is based on.

*shoots you in the face*

*deletes you*

That Light is awful and he's trying way too hard to be RDJ.

Also Boards of Canada, Taniuchi is still a great composer though(see: Kaiji OST). Shame he was blacklisted for getting caught with weed.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VhU8tOypxac

>Light is nothing like Light
>L probably won't be like L either (don't care he's black)
So why use them at all? If you're going too have an american Death Note series, just have Ryuk drop another DN in the US and do something new with that.
I understand they don't want to lose the appeal of Light vs L, but if they aren't themselves anyway, and if you barely have 2 hours to tell the story, why bother? Just use the book as a premise and write something new.

To get the weebs to see it.

But it's netflix which is instantly available to pirate

I don't get it.

Considering Adam Wingard directed/edited The Guest and it had a fantastic soundtrack, I'm gonna say that'll be one of the few good things about it.

I'm down with this too. In the manga and adaptations, we see Ryuk as a death god who was just bored and wanted to see what that sort of power would be like in the hands of humans but he was still someone who first made that move to push Light in the first place.

This adaptation seems a lot more honest about his intentions.

>"Hell yeah I wanna see some shit go down. C'mere kid lemme show you something cool"

And yeah this first kill does somehow make Light seem worse than his previous counterparts given that this kid isn't even a criminal but I'm down with this too.

As it stands I don't even mind if they never give us a clear shot of Ryuk's face throughout the movie. I rather like this approach they're taking to his image.

you mean you don't get what the pic is pointing out? the pens are inconsistent

I know people here don't care about shit like image quality but goddammit I hate how most of these Netflix originals look like utter shit. What's weird is you have DPs like Cronenweth that have managed to do some pretty good work with digital cameras, albeit they rely a lot on color grading and filtgers but still. More and more of these so-called prestige shows being churned out by big channels look like utter shit. It's no better than any of those terrible youtube shorts you see from vloggers that call themselves "content creators".

I mean, I'm kinda pleasantly surprised by the kid's delivery of those horrible lines he was fed, but jesus christ this literally LOOKS so terrible and hokey...

I'm not going to sit here and lament the fact that not enough films look as rich as the Godfather or Taxi Driver, or that Netflix is threatening cinemas. Netflix can throw their money at whatever they choose. But ffs I wish they'd put at least a LITTLE effort into the VISUALS aka the thing around which everything should revolve in the first place. I guess that's what you get when you just have people whining about story story story nonstop, and that too for the sake of shit narratives from other mediums. Not dissing Death Note, for any animefags here, I havent even seen the series. Might be great for all i know. Just talking generally. But even so man, looks like shit...

The anime was alright actually. So were the first two movies. Fuck the third though it was fucking trash. Haven't bothered with the recent ones.

You want a valid comeback though bring up the tv drama. Even by Japan's standards it was the drizzling shits

BUT DO ANYBODY CARES
DO ANYBODY CARES
DO ANYBODY CARES
IN ENGLAND

I unironically believe that there must have been treatments and scripts for Death Note shopped around Hollywood that "updated" it to a "modern age" and changed the book into some kind of digital counterpart whose name sounded like "facebook". "DeathBook" maybe. I'd bet a $100 a Hollywood writer has written this idea and taken it to studios.

>plot twist is that Ryuk that we see now is only part of Light's imagination
>the real Ryuk will show up at the end and tell Light that he didn't make him do anything

They'll have Light realize the error of his ways and make Ryuk the villain.

What the fuck is wrong with this L guy youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0dAhBAcAY

80ish IQ, I imagine.

>light isn't a smart, high functioning sociopath.
>instead he's someone who would have ended up shooting up his school if not for the notebook
>misa isn't a dumb bimbo
>light & misa actually love each other
>L is black
>kira isn't a personified god but instead a edgy faggot

first ghost in shell, now this. watch, next they are going to do a shitty live action of spirited away.

top kek