Is it true Americans can't speak English?

Is it true Americans can't speak English?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.dictionary.com/aluminum-or-aluminium/
youtube.com/watch?v=jkFe1rY29PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gPlpphT7n9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The average American speaks English more fluently than the average Brit.

100% of Americans are retarded, studies have proven this

I had to pause and replay several scenes in Trainspotting because it sounds like they have a mouthfull of marbles and are reciting Sims dialogue.
I have no idea how an English speaker can decipher some of the UK's retarded accents.

Scotts have a thicker accent.

We're not used to your accents so it usually sounds like garbled nonsense to us when you talk.

americans actually are the ones with the authentic british accent, the posh brits started speaking differently because they thought they were high society and it all changed from the 1900s on. so id say you brits fucked up your own queens english

Nice bait

>Can i huv a wee bit ah wathah.

Americans only understand ebonics.

Sorry we can't understand your uneducated drawl, Britbongs.

Fun fact - American English is closer to true English than modern British English

>literally thinks aluminum has an extra i out of fucking nowhere
>thinks he can speak English

Fuck off back to your council house uneducated britfag

>aluminum
>silent vowels
>created the word
>implying americans know how to pronounce it correctly

>aluminum
blog.dictionary.com/aluminum-or-aluminium/

It's spelt aluminium though

Not dumb just lazy. But it doesn't help that certain Brits have a retarded manner of speaking.

>pronounces "ch" as "sh"
>as in schedule, which you pronounce as ssheduewle.

That's how it's pronounced though. Next you're going to tell me you pronounce cache as catch and not cash

>watching some US reality customs show
>white cop and black cop talking to black dude
>white guy is understandable, black dudes have subtitles despite speaking english
>later on another white guy is talking to some old asian immigrant
>asian is speaking english well enough not to need subtitles despite being an immigrant

Americans, especially their minorities, speak some subdialect of english that should be called something else

you have to realize that in large parts of America it's considered "racist" and against the law to teach in English or require students to even learn it because they come from a different background. Imagine growing up and going to school in Italy or Japan and it being against the law to be taught Italian or Japanese

Blacks dumbed down our language into their own trashy version called Ebonics.
Kind of like how white people in South Africa expanded the vocabulary of the natives into a more sophisticated language known as Afrikaans.

>in large parts of America it's considered "racist" and against the law to teach in English

All of these other elements end in "ium" but for some reason we were right to take out the "I" solely from aluminium
At least be consistent with your wrongness

Messed up my greentext, guess I actually am a retarded brit

>That's how it's pronounced though.
Through ragged bong teeth, perhaps.

It's Scots not Scott's there's only ONE FUCKING T IN SCOTLAND PAL

youtube.com/watch?v=jkFe1rY29PQ

they speak spanish

I am ESL and for some reason have no problem with American English no matter the accent but I struggle with British shows.

>it's an Americans attempt and fail at banter once more episode

Americans are retards.
It would not surprise me if people from within different parts of their own country got subtitled on news programs etc.

Country that can't even say mirror without sounding like they are having a gay stroke mocks nation that taught the world how to speak.

>implying anything other than Arabic is spoken in England nowadays

>implying anyone can understand generic north american dialect

whenever i watch 90& of tv or film i dont understand what most the characters are saying

these are the same people that complained they couldn't understand Bane's undubbed voice aka PLEBEIANS.

The only accent a white man can't easily grasp is welsh.

These are clearly brown people

It takes a bit of listening to get the hang of the different British accents. I still can't understand a really thick Scottish accent, but Limmy tier accents are just fine.

So if you never listen to any and try to comprehend them, you'll need subtitles.

t. non-native English speaker

This. Also my american friends say that my shitty russian vodka balalaika accent is more understandable than how brits are speaking.

Americans enjoy niggerbeats where the artists sound like autistic ebonic robots, I can understand those artists too but it takes a little bit of effort and Americans just aren't prepared to put that effort in for non-American accents. Is that because of American patriotism or because America is only 60% white? Only time will tell.

Meanwhile, the current american president attempts to say the word "huge"d

New England is the only region of the US where this applies though. A Bostonian accent is closer to the queens english than a modern british accent is.

youtube.com/watch?v=gPlpphT7n9s

Yeah sounds like an American accent to me. Yanks always mindlessly repeat this shit

i thought it was pronounced the same as Cake

British inbreds and their uncultured swine accents really is terrible.