What's was the breaking point for the Simpsons for you?

What's was the breaking point for the Simpsons for you?

aka what was the episode or event that made you stop watching it?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzh147oXOfQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bart vs. Lisa vs. the Third Grade

black history month episode where marge of the past leaves homer for a nigger

Principal and the Pauper.

Cliche but true

All that weird, out of character stuff about 15 years ago.

it just stopped being funny and i dont remember how or when

Man, waiting for the new Simpsons episode to air on Sunday night was such an event in the 90's. It literally never disappointed. When you heard that "ahhh... THE SIIIMPSOOONS", a million little endorphins fired off in your brain. I can't of any other show that had an effect to that degree.

Just watched the episode where Homer starts a security firm. I think if was season 13. Literally the big payoff joke was this

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzh147oXOfQ

I think the last new episode of Simpsons I watched/caught as it aired with prior intent to do so was the ep from the early/mid 2000s where Lisa tries to become president or has a Mount Springfield thing or some other bullshit. It was trash. A good ways into the steady stream of celeb cameos I believe. Was maybe season 15 or some shit.

It wasn't like that at all. I just slowly stopped caring about it. To be fair, I got really into the habit of watching two episodes a day, on UPN every day after school, but that dried up when UPN dried up. Having to seek it out, on Sunday nights was certainly a detriment, but I still did. Trying to go see it just petered out of my body after a while.

I could not cite a specific episode.

I don't remember a specific breaking point, but the last new episode I remember watching was when they went to the jungle and met Jane Goodall or whatever. Must have been like 15 years ago.

It was more of a slow boil for those who are oldfag enough to remember prime Simpsons. It's been on so long that there must be some generational differences in our experience with Simpsons.

I think that episode when they had the characters singing along to that Kesha song for no particular reason

the movie

You didn't think Spiderpig was hilarious?

The one with Alec Baldwin and thise other nobodies, it was extremely shit.

the problem with the movie is they put all the jokes in the MANY MANY trailers and left just the story in the film.

Nobody laughed at spiderpig in theatres, we'd already seen it 10 times.

It's got really, really good since then.

i'd stopped by that point, but hearing they'd used Julian Assange as a guest was what kept me from going back.

>when you actually remember the exact episode you stopped watching the simpsons because it was complete dogshit
the one where they all go on a trip to italy and find that sideshow bob is the mayor of a small town. he has a wife and a kid who also wants to kill bart, pretty fucking awful

Some episode where Lisa competes in the spelling bee for like the 2nd time. I just remember it being so unfunny I never bothered to watch the Simpsons again

Spiderpig wasn't funny even in the commercials.

Not to mention, the Simpsons movie itself was 10 years too late for anyone to care.

hol up

but really wasnt this a gag from way earlier anyways, that one of homers descendents was a black slave? i get that thats easy bait for a zombie simpsons episode, but atleast it was set up, right?

I think there was a black homer in the ep where lisa thinks she has the gene where all the simpsons get dumb at 10.
and then they find out its only the men.

This

The wheels fell off in season 10. No specific moment, just look at the episode list. It gave us rare moments like the makeup-gun and beef poisoning, but it just wasn't the same.

>on a trip to italy and find that sideshow bob is the mayor of a small town. he has a wife and a kid who also wants to kill bart, pretty fucking awful
that sounds good

lel family guy did the same thing

>when you actually remember the exact episode you stopped watching the simpsons
for me it was the episode where marge becomes a cage fighter. my interest in the series ended long before that, but i'd let the new episodes run as a background noise while sitting on my computer. but that episode was so retarded that i just turned my tv set off in the middle of it and never went back to watching another new episode

I never stopped watching it. But season 9 is the first season I think is not as good anymore. Its only good eps are season 8 holdovers.

go watch it, you'll understand why it was shit. all the """""humor""""" was centered around the baby having killer tendencies and yelling vendetta in an obnoxious tone of voice

That one was so fucking bad.
It might have been the nail in the coffin for me too desu.

There was no straw that broke the camels back, I just lost interest.

Lisa goes Gaga. FUCK that episode.

Anime does it too and no one complains

Steady my duds

Quality started to decline in season 10 despite having such a strong opening season. After that some stuff is pretty skippable.

>epic opening animation meme

you know the new intro can change ever week right?

shit japanese anime intros have awesome animation but the actual shows dont

BECAUSE THE INTRO DOESN'T CHANGE

Vendetta VENDETTA!

please don't revive these terrible memories

Yvan eht nioj

"Superliminal" was a good joke, but the execution of the rest of the episode, which could have worked, was so bad that I tuned out from then on.

What?
This is a joke, right?
The only thing I've heard about the new Berserk is how the animation is garbage.

ya that was bad, one of the last I watched

The ending of the show will be my fave episode.

pic related.

Does what? OP isn't talking about what The Simpsons did, he's asking when and why people stopped watching.

Movie

You post this image in every single Simpsons thread, and I've yet to see a single person reply to you with a positive response. That image is reddit-tier, delete it from your pc.

No breaking point, just petered out around season 14-15?

> the episode Lisa turned buddhist
> the episode Lisa was president of the USA while Bart was a hobo
> the episodes with Lisa playing a major role

I saw the movie in theatres and that was the last time I watched it