I really thought that the wachowskis were just getting started with the matrix and that their career would be hit after...

i really thought that the wachowskis were just getting started with the matrix and that their career would be hit after hit after hit of smart blockbusters. cloud atlas wasn't terrible but basically everything else including the third matrix has been absolute garbage. was the first matrix a fluke?

it was a hodgepodge of ideas from smarter people than them

Speed Racer was cool

They stole most of the plot. There were no more ideas to advance the camera work.

V for Vinaigrette was really good.

i just wish they'd go back and finish Dr Frankenstein. they only wrote 6 issues.

>Not enjoying pan-sexual orgies on the astral plane.

MFW

speed racer is one of my all time favorites.

Yes. Matrix was a fluke.

>Matrix sequels suck
>V For Vendetta is reddit-bait
>Speed Racer is a neverending CGI fest that could have had no human actors and nothing would have changed
>Ninja Assassin is a trashy mess
>No other directors wanted to touch Cloud Atlas because it can't translate over well to film, but they tried and failed anyways
>Jupiter Ascending is literally Tumblr fan fiction

>>Speed Racer is a neverending CGI fest that could have had no human actors and nothing would have changed
that was the fucking point

i feel like it's hard not to conclude that their artistic decline coincided with some kind of mental breakdown related to the transgenderism. larry started transitioning while reloaded & revolutions were in the middle of shooting in australia. he described being suicidally depressed prior to that. i think he also met that dominatrix only after the first matrix had been released right?

That's a stupid theory. The Matrix sequels are underrated and they also made masterpieces like V and Speed Racer, and arguably Cloud Atlas (no one ITT has seen it much less understood it...). I wish more brother directorcouples would transition, I mean come the fuck on, Hail Caesar is the best we get from cisheteronormativebrothercouples these days.

The truth is that they have never made a single movie, they are just trust fund babies that gets put on the cover for the propaganda material. Nothing has been used to brainwash people more than the matrix movies.

>no one ITT has seen it much less understood it..

That's not the true-true. Did you understand why they opted for the weird asianface make-up? It really didn't work and looked utterly bizarre.

Awesome movie though.

>The truth is that they have never made a single movie, they are just trust fund babies that gets put on the cover for the propaganda material. Nothing has been used to brainwash people more than the matrix movies.

topkek, what else has your neighbor's dog told you?

Not even just the camera. Matrix 1 was a complete film - there was no reason to continue the series beyond Jew Gold at the box office. Which, obviously, Hollywood was happy to do.

Yes it was. It just might be the very definition at this point. You can actually pinpoint the exact moment. They ran out of steam just before the credits of the first Matrix. Remember the last scene? Cheap voice-over monologue, talking to the audience ( lol is irl matrix too?) misplaced music (nothing against ratm though), Neo flying into the camera? Should have been a warning sign.

the matrix stole a bunch of great concepts and appealed to the young disenfranchised teenagers (primarily boys) of that time who were just discovering online FPS

they basically made the worlds best videogame movie without adapting a videogame

instead of sticking to their bread and butter they went full autism and decided they were some geniuses of cinema and writing when really they just made a great videogame cutscene that lasted 3 hours

>hurr durr matrix stole thangz
Have any of you even read Poetics?

One of the things these disgusting trannies stole was Grant Morrison's 'The Invisibles'.

>there was no reason to continue the series beyond Jew Gold at the box office
and i think that's the answer to the question posed by this thread... after the success of The Matrix, the got a taste of that money and fame, and have been trying to replicate it ever since