A satirical look at late 20th century yuppie consumer culture

Was it kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UuQAEVLljF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.

That wasn't satire.

There's nothing wrong with being a yuppie.

debate me

You're a pussy faggot that only cares about queer shit and talking softly, while your micro-penis is afraid to pee too loudly in the bowl and you'll never be able to truly keep up with the trends, you skinny fat pear shaped dipshit.

being a yuppie simply means you are young with a high paying job

projecting much?

Do you like Huey Lewis and the news?

Extremely kino.

I wish I was a yuppie. Young, upwardly mobile, professional. Those are good things, not bad things.

yes and I'm literally Niles.

the 90's, when it was still legal to be white and happy. what a time it was.

>it's a Daphne's family episode

>It's a Simon episode

>yuppie

They weren't young. They were trying to climb the social ladder, I guess, but they're really not yuppies. I don't even associate the word with Frasier and don't understand people who do.

He's a psychologist and radio talkshow host.

Probably stigmatised by the middle/upper class who's turf was being moved in on, and the lower class who were jealous. People don't like seeing others be successful. Especially if they're younger.

youtube.com/watch?v=UuQAEVLljF4

He's not a psychologist, he's a psychiatrist.

>yuppie
Literally means young urban professional, i.e. doctors, lawyers, accountants, psychiatrists, etc.

Granted, they're middle aged and not young but still yuppies.

They have all the trappings of 90s yuppies right down the conspicuous consumption and obsession with wine.

What even is a yuppie? How did you become one? What is the modern equilavent of a yuppie?

Yuppies still exist. They're just richer now since 2008.

sorry but the cranes were not yuppies

>family from Manchester with blatantly Australian and Scottish accents
The show never had a history of pandering or dumbing itself down, and then pretended like its audience were complete dipshits when it came to Daphne's family. I still haven't figured it out.

In what world does wearing $5000 armani suits and hosting fancy cocktail parties not make you a yuppie?

i love frasier

Yuppie =/= affluent. They are middle-aged.

No debate, let's have an axe fight.

They are not young urban professionals, they are middle aged.

They still have all the characteristics of yuppies despite not being young.

So they don't have all the characteristics of being a yuppie. They're missing the most important one.

Looking at the op picture if I did not know any better I would assume it was from a British sitcom, definitely not American.

Newfag foreigner itt. What is the meaning of word kino here? As far as I know word kino means movie in russian.

lel,
kino, first and foremost, is whatever the poster using the term likes
beyond that, something well done, the opposite of schlock or hackery

Thanks.

>it's a corny episode

google it

Yeah, links to watch movies online and movie theaters. Very informative.

dumb pidorashka

Was Roz a slut?

Net ti

Now that the dust has finally settled, was he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

It's a production in-joke. The actor that played Martin is actually from Manchester originally, while the actress that played Daphne was from an entirely different part of England. So they decided because Daphne's accent is complete bullshit, they'd do the same with her entire family.

Second

DUDE SHOULDER PADS LMAO

>fussy
>snobby
>extremely beta and submissive to women
100% /ourguy/