What are your thoughts on Samuel L. Jackson's body of work?

What are your thoughts on Samuel L. Jackson's body of work?

Personally, I find him to be a truly underrated actor who shines in every role. Not a single one has been phoned in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RBg-1WPRtQs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMysDTDqK-k
archive.is/9szsD
npr.org/2017/07/20/538401459/fox-commentator-turns-up-on-trump-campaign-payroll
youtube.com/watch?v=tZqtHmTcvF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hes a good actor for sure, but lord knows he made more shitty movies than nicolas cage, which is saying alot.

MOTHER FUCKA

Nothing wrong with liking money.

>but lord knows he made more shitty movies than nicolas cage
this is questionable

he's not underrated

I find him to be rather shallow and pedantic

every role of his is 'Samuel Jackson as himself in a different setting'

Top nigger

a SITH lord?

>"We need a black..."
>"I know just the guy!"

>underratd

Hes literally the most famous black actor to ever exist and hes done tons of shitty movies

>"We need an extremely hateable black actor for our male lead..."
>"I'm already here, motherfucker!"

I thought hith role in Kingthman wath pretty unique.

his role in django too.

SLJ's character in Django was literally /ourguy/.

He was a shithead

youtube.com/watch?v=RBg-1WPRtQs

He's so fucking boring. I hate it when you're watching a film and then he suddenly turns up

Bitch, what do you care about my film watching habits?

>black guy making a white boy suck his dick
>/tv's guy/

sounds about right

That was Hateful Eight you pleb.

He seems like such a laid back MOTHERFUCKER I don't understand why he takes all these weird roles.
"Part in a cheap anime adaption shooting in South Africa? I want that, get me on a plane!

I feel like he would more into staying at home getting his dick sucked counting money. But apparently not. He's driven as fuck.

I wish I could pull off a Kangol hat.

he's like the black nicolas cage

you can immediately tell its him and its a bit distracting

when hes serious he can do some good work

Holy shit, I forgot this movie happened.

As far as that one goes, Samuel L. Jackson loves anime.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMysDTDqK-k

I love KITE so much. I adore that mean, bleak hateful rape gore and nihilism trash, but I will probably never see the movie.
I just know I wouldn't enjoy it on any level. Even Dragonball fans found something in the movie, Airbender fans found SOMETHING in the M Night adaption even if it was mocking it. I wouldn't get anything out of KITE.

He's fine, despite being a faggot leftie, which is also fine, but don't bash Trump publicly. Also, Sam is in too many movies. It's been non-stop since '94, so I don't know how he's "underrated."

>but don't bash Trump publicly
Why not? We aren't allowed to make fun of idiots?

He's a great actor but I always feel like I always know what I'm going to get with him.
He's obviously always great in Tarantino joints.

Please tell me what makes him an idiot

Donald Trump in 2016 : "I am the law and order candidate!"

Donald Trump in 2017 : "I'd never have appointed Jeff Sessions to Attorney General if I knew he was going to recuse himself, and I had to fire FBI Director James Comey because of this Russia thing, acting Attorney General Sally Yates had to go too since she refused to enforce my questionably constitutional Muslim ban, let's not forget that it's not my fault that I fired Preet Bharara since he was given the opportunity to resign first, I also think it's important to point out that there's nothing wrong with sharing code-word classified intelligence with a foreign nation, and Devin Nunes was right to bring me information about Michael Flynn's unmasking, speaking of paperwork you should know that everybody messes up their SF-86 foreign contacts form two or three times, just because Jared forgot to mention the secret private phone line to Russia that he tried to set up with the Russian Ambassador doesn't mean anything untoward would have been said, and really did Don Jr. do something "wrong" by going to a meeting with my son-in-law Jared and campaign manager Paul Manafort to retrieve derogatory information damaging to Hillary Clinton from a Russian government source, also those dozen ethics wavers I needed for my cabinet are totally routine, I'm the most lawful President in the history of Presidents, maybe ever, believe me folks."

He's a good actor, but he's also a workaholic, which reflects on the quality of his work. Because he feels a need to work all the time, he has a shit tonne of shit movies.

He speaks through his teeth, he sounds weird. Master Windu was less of a character due to this.

I like that about him. It shows that he genuinely loves his job. He doesn't treat film as some overly artistic endeavor, he just has FUN.

If anything, he's overrated

>actually speaks his mind instead of using canned "presidential" speeches that nobody listens to
This whole Russia meme is just pathetic as well, it's sad he's even had to react to it at all. Zero evidence, and there never will be any

>speaks his mind

Telling the truth is better than lying. Hillary lies, Obama lies, the media is constantly lying

Why do you think people are drawn to someone who doesn't prepare a bland statement and instead comes up with talking points in their own words?

And Trump didn't get to become a billionaire without intelligence. Just because it doesn't meet your ignorant impression of intelligence, doesn't mean he's stupid

>trump
>telling truth
Pick one

What has he lied about?

>And Trump didn't get to become a billionaire without intelligence.
He got to become a billionaire by coasting on his father's fortune. That's all.

>Zero evidence, and there never will be any

President Trump has asked advisers about "his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with" the Russia probe. Another source said Trump's lawyers were "discussing pardoning powers among themselves."

Per several aides, Trump's lawyers are "are actively compiling a list of [special counsel Robert] Mueller's alleged potential conflicts of interest, which they say could serve as a way to stymie his work."
"The president is also irritated by the notion that Mueller's probe could reach into his and his family's finances."
Trump "has told aides he was especially disturbed after learning Mueller would be able to access several years of his tax returns."
Trump's lawyers declined to comment. Mark Corallo, the spokesman for his legal team, resigned Thursday.

Tell me more about how he's totally innocent.

;^)

>an anonymous source said all this bullshit we have no evidence for
Easy way to lie through your teeth. This is what will doom the media

The negotiator is a solid movie

>F-fake news!
archive.is/9szsD

Here's a list of "anonymous sources" used by the Trump administration. It's a common practice for everyone, or are you going to claim all these are lies too?

Yes yes he was

>a literally nothing article by WaPo
WaPo is as quality a news source as CNN

I mean their argument is full retard, apparently you can't both have actual leakers and also made up leakers, according to WaPo. What kind of logic is that? Liberal logic

You, being an anonymous moron are able to call anyone an idiot you like. An actor, heavily criticizing the President, alienates some of his audience. Also, never once have I thought, "that person in Jewwood who pretends for a living would sure make a great political pundit."

I could go on . . . like, the nigger opinion is probably underneath the female opinion on the relevancy chart.

Oh yes, let's dismiss any news source which doesn't push a right-wing agenda. Meanwhile Breitbart posts articles which are easily verifiable as false and you don't seem to have any problem with that.

Decent overall actor, he's good for what he is and that's to be entertaining in short bursts on screen.

I've not personally seen an article by them which wasn't sourced, or in reference to a sourced article on the same site

Though it can happen, people are not machines and writers can have biases. Thing is, the biases of the left wing media are extreme, they post absolute horse shit and get no reprimand for it. They slander and nothing happens

Funny thing is, Fox News has been criticised for years for being untrustworthy bunk which is sensationalised for ratings - yet the left wing which does this is not?

Perhaps because there's proof of Fox News being on Trump's payroll?
npr.org/2017/07/20/538401459/fox-commentator-turns-up-on-trump-campaign-payroll

What do you have to say to that?

Quentin probably told him it was a cool anime with BBC rape so when ème saw the casting call for a black role the signed up instantly. Sadly the movie had no BBC rape and Quentin was disappointed.

He really needs to play a pathetic emasculated wimp to show some range.

he did that atleast partly in 187.

>Not a single one has been phoned in.
I'm guessing you didn't see Kingsman?

He literally did that in Kingsman.

Jackson apparently would like to do a Japanese movie since he's a giant weeaboo. As in, a proper Japanese production, not a Hollywood version of a Jap property like Kite.

>tfw no Japanese live action remake of Yuru Yuri with Jackson as Akarin

Now that's the kind of blackwashing I can get behind.

>I don't understand why he takes all these weird roles.

He literally just doesn't like having too much time off, he prefers to work as much as possible. That means you can't be choosy, since most big budget A-list talent films spend a lot of time in development hell, while his usual B-list shit with small budgets get financed and greenlit just by him being attached to it.

he was a drug addict, maybe working a shitton is his way to stay clean

Doesn't Afro Samurai count as that?

>look up image to see why Samuel L. Jackson looks like an anime schoolgirl
>he's apparently impersonating Nicki Minaj
youtube.com/watch?v=tZqtHmTcvF4

So... is Nicki Minaj an anime schoolgirl?

I dunno. I just googled Samuel L Jackson anime and grabbed a picture.

You can always feel his presence and charisma in everything he's in, can't say that of most actors on the same tier as him like John Cusack or Nicholas Cage, the guy's always on point regardless of the film

living legend of the silver screen

He delivers all his lines like
>dibba dabba dabba doo
>gibba gabba gabba goo
Truly brilnent

>like John Cusack
Subtle bait or someone actually thinks John Cusack has presence and charisma? Or John Cusack posting on Sup Forums?

Did you know William Shatner posts on Sup Forums? No joke.

Yeah, Bill. We all already know.

His success is fine, but his behavior is one of the many things that make me ashamed of being black. Why can't he act like a normal person?

WHAT! How, did, you know! It! Was me!

what does he do that shames you
do you think he's preacy about race relations or something

he was still the main antagonist and made a SAM JACKSON speech. the lisp and aversion to violence were not enough. although it was a step in the right direction.

i think the lisp is natural
he used to always have one before he started spamming "Motherfucker"

or was that a stutter

hes a nigger

Probably means that he dared to talk about Trump negatively during the election.

Because acting like a crazy black guy is funnier and gets him more roles.

Been thinking about watching Black Snake Moan since it's on Netflix and he's in it. How is it?

Reminder- he actually took people hostage when he was younger.

>bait but i'll answer anyway
Jackson's sucks as an actor in the sense that he doesn't have range at all.
He just plays Sam Jackson in almost every movie, and when he doesn't, we get shit like Mace Windu.
That being said, I like him a lot, I just don't think He's all that underrated.
I think he's rated appropriately.
He's appreciated for his badass roles, there's just no range to them, that's all.
I love his race-realism attitude, though.
I'd prefer to sit down and have a discussion with him over a jackass Liberal, any day.

yeah, no way he's made more shitty movies than Nicholas Cage.

it's fucked up and great.
it's honestly one of his best (if not his best) performances.

Jumper is easily worse than anything Cage has ever done.

>What are your thoughts on Samuel L. Jackson's body of work?
I like the guy's stuff, but...

>Personally, I find him to be a truly underrated actor who shines in every role
That is really damn generous. He seems to take every script offered to him, and there is plenty of shit mixed in with the good.

There is plenty of good though. I just wish he'd take more roles that actually push him out of his comfort zone. His Shoutin' Sam tarantino character is fun and all, but I can only watch it so many times.

He probably plays the best paranoid-schizo cave-hobo detective I've ever seen.

Fishburn needs to get more roles. That guy has some serious range.

It's actually a pretty good performance, by both him and The Great White Forehead. I have a softspot for movies about people with interlocking psychoses, though.

Ricci is hot as fuck in it.

SAM

>Hes literally the most famous black actor to ever exist
>who is will smith?
>who is denzel washington?

Second and third most famous.

Didn't think that one through, did you?

>I'm an actor. I'm a nice guy. But the first thing you need to know about me is I'm a nigga. And if you mess with me, I'll do some nigga-ly shit to you.