They're steaming ahead with the rebooted universe

In spite of Ghostbusters 2016 bombing and being hated by fans of the original as well anyone with good taste and being a PR nightmare for the studio, at SDCC Sony announced it isn't just doubling down on the reboot but TRIPLING down, wiping out the 2009 Ghostbusters video game which was made with all the original writers & actors and loved by fans & critics alike from continuity in favour of multiple sequels and crossovers with an emphasis on that mugging idiot Kate McKinnon

youtube.com/watch?v=DqVzKiYOlQw
The ride never ends.

>16 minutes

I'm boiling a co-ed slowly, give me the highlights

-Ivan Reitman is taking the helm
-They have liva action sequels and animated spin-offs planned
-some nonsense about a multiverse crossover
-emphasis on Holtzman character
-Ghostbusters The Videogame is no longer canon

Any Attention is Good Attention

How in the hell is the videogame no longer canon? It was practically a true sequel in every way but being a movie.

Well that's fucking awful, thanks

because fuck the corpse of Harold Ramis, there's fem-bucks to make ..eventually ...cha ching?

what I want to know is who actually gives a shit about Ghostbusters so much that it warrants such an investment. Who the fuck are these people?

stuoids are desperate DESPERATE to find any old porperty they can dust off to make into a "cinematic universe" like how Disney has with Marvel. Look at the awful attempts others have made like Universal's aborted Monster EU

>5 seconds in
>numale

>*clicks [Remove]*

>Ghostbusters 2016
>Budget $144 million[6]
>Box office $229.1 million[6]

Evidently, what Sup Forums calls "bombing" someone in charge calls "success" and keeps making polished turds. This is the wrong timeline.

I hope Oats Studios gets more popular and an era of nothing but original movies is born. Original source material instead of adaptations and sequels.

>defanged snakes

Fuck everything.

>Universal's aborted Monster EU
have they actually aborted it? I thought they were just getting started

It's already dead but I'm sure they'll shit out one or two more nuggets to try and salvage what they can of it.

heh if you ask me the only ghost that needs busted is this franchise

>I thought they were just getting started
For the second time.

Its funny because monsters really did used to have an EU, old horror movies were all about crossovers and shit. You have stuff like dracula vs the wolfman.

>-Ghostbusters The Videogame is no longer canon
This makes no sense because I swear Ghostbusters 1 & 2 are no longer "canon" in regards to Ghostbusters 2016?
Like, there's no way they can take place in the same universe as is? What am I missing?

i'm literally shaking with anticipation

this thing was sent out to pasture?

The sonyggers themselves said this bombed. They lost about 75 million on this movie alone. They had a fucking superbowl spot for this piece of shit, thr marketing budget must've been insane

The money it made was literally all people wanting to see just how awful it was. We all know the people pushing and doing PR for the womyn and early hominids in the reboot can't afford cimena tickets on their Starbucks salary.

Ivan Reitman is now on board (he was completely pushed out from the reboot by Pascal and Feig) and he wants to involve the "ghostbusters prime" (what they call the original team now) and somehow combine both versions for the sake of a cinematic universe. They're doing it in a comic first, but apparently the only way to make it work was pretend the game never happened because of plot reasons.

>what am I missing
>multiverse

They're trying to pull some Jar Jar Abrams Star Trek "oh your continuity still exists fans, don't worry" then never make anything set there ever again type bullshit.

I'm more worried about how that will affect the (legitimately great) IDW comic. The Video Game was a major contributor to a lot of its plot elements. Are they just going to pretend like all of that never happened? Or will they be forced to reboot the comic?

Because the IDW comic was pretty much the last place where you could get classic Ghostbusters stories. If they end it so they can forcefeed audiences more of the 2016 Ghostbusters, I'll be pissed. It's bad enough we're having to suffer through a crossover in the comic right now.

Just treat the original two movies and the game as its own canon. The female ghostbusters is a separate canon where the original took place, but it's not canon to the original films. Like a "what if" type thing

They should bring in Bsbylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski who was the original head writer for the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, he could probably pull something good out of all this.

You forgot the exorbitant costs for marketing you huge fucking retard

Marketing costs aren't accounted for in the budget. They tend to run over the cost of the movie itself. Generally a movie will need to make back double its budget to break even.

I'm so tired of this shared universe shit all these studios are doing. Actually make a few good movies, then link them together.

Fuuuuuuck them. Sony needs to get hacked again.

They think they can get Marvel money without any of the effort Marvel put in.

Wait a minute, how does this all work when all the original actors cameod in the 2016 reboot, and bill Murray was even killed onscreen

Different universes that will cross over?

Who the fuck cares. No one will be seeing these movies, anyway.

The damage is already done. They squandered whatever goodwill they had from the original fans. Should just stick to making more Ghostbusters videogames like the one from '09.

Sony is truly determined to destroy itself

>wiping out the 2009 Ghostbusters video game
He's right! I just went to check and my copy of the game has fucking vanished! In it's place was a tampon covered in ectoplasm!!! GODDAMN FEMINISTS!

>-Ghostbusters The Videogame is no longer canon
Who the fuck cares? I bet you are one of these idiots who got bent out of shape because "muh favourite star wars book isn't canon anymore bawwwww"

It's fiction, you can choose whatever canon you want. It literally doesn't matter.

Ramis is dead, Aykroyd has been shitting all over the most recent production in interviews for the last six months and Murray's been pretty open about where he stands so they must be dreaming if they think that's gonna happen.

i love how people on this board still think a movie gets 100% of the box office and movie theaters get nothing.

>Sony announced it isn't just doubling down on the reboot but TRIPLING down

mfw