One Piece live-action TV series by Hollywood is announced to celebrate 20th anniversary

>sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2017/07/21/kiji/20170721s00041000153000c.html
>animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-21/one-piece-manga-gets-live-action-hollywood-tv-show/.119132
What will the cast look like, Sup Forums?
Who's going to play Luffy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eCWUFe5H8i8
youtu.be/b-twLe00UD8
youtube.com/watch?v=Qj68qdnaSrY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stop making live action anime. They're never good.

that sounds fucking horrible

>it's real
How exactly is this going to work? This makes even less sense than a GitS movie - at least that works in live-action, regardless of how bad the story was. Do they not realize the manga/anime is incredibly cartoonish and stylized?

Lets get this out of the way
>Literally unfilmable
>Literally uncastable
>Literally unworkable
If you did crack the code, though, literally the most profitable thing ever made by a human.
Wealth Fame Power, it would all be yours.

youtube.com/watch?v=eCWUFe5H8i8

Preview

So... which role is going to get blackwashed?

Blackbeard

Big Mom(Leslie Jones)

Usopp?

ill be king of the pirates IM GON BE KING

I always felt like he should be played by a Pacific Islander

Usopp is kinda black tho

I its all about zoro luffy and black usopp than I'm fine

MAKE FUCKING ORIGINAL MOVIES YOU FUCKING KIKES STOP RUINING GOOD OR DECENT COMICS, ANIME, AND ALREADY-MADE MOVIES WITH THESE REMAKES THAT COMPLETELY MISS THE POINT OF THE ORIGINAL MEDIUM FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

All those jokes about a dragon ball cinematic universe reboot age probably going to happen?

Of all the anime that wouldn't translate well to live action this has to be near the top of the list

luffy - adam sandler
zoro - robert pattinson
ussop - will smith
nami - scarlett johansson
am i doing well so far?

hes pre much black anyway with an afro and darker skin colour

Nami already steals all the time.

JUST MAKE YOUR OWN FUCKING ADAPTATION

CHANGE THE NAMES

CHANGE THE STORY TO FIT TV

CHANGE THE CAST

DONT CALL IT FUCKING ONE PIECE

Luffy is 14-19 over the episodes
Adam Sandler is 40+

sanji - bradley cooper
chopper - vin diesel
robin - rihanna
franky - vince vaughn
brook - james cordon
ace - rob schneider

is one piece any good?

MY NAH MEE IS TONY TONY CHOPPA MOFFUGGA

Are you cynical? If so you might not appreciate it fully.

>It's a sitcom that takes place on the ship between adventures
>It's all about the daily lives of the Strawhats while not on an Island
>Based on the various color spread by Oda

I'd watch that

Robin should be a Ruski girl.!

The anime is pretty decent until the timeskip (quality goes down by A LOT due to budget cuts)
The manga is pretty fucking good (recent chapter is godlike and very fun to read)
Use Jaimini's box for good quality scans and translation if you plan to read it.

don krieg - matt damon
arlong - danny trejo
smoker - daniel craig
tashigi - cameron diaz

>20th anniversary
Wait what the fuck

Gross.

trips confirm
It's always Thousand Sunny in Grand Line

Whitebeard
>15 foot Idris Elba with a huge white moustache and a lanze flexxing his abs into the camera so moms can start sliding around in their cinema seats every time he is on screen

crocodile - peter stormare
number 3 - david franco
number 2 - james franco
blackbeard - micky rourke

Yeah it goes down
The coliseum and Laws, flamingos and Corazons back story's where the only quality content

>How exactly is this going to work?
>Do they not realize the manga/anime is incredibly cartoonish and stylized?

Get someone like Jim Carrey

This is going to be one of those things where the live adaption is shit but gets tons of attention and eclipses the manga, because g*d hates us, like GoT.

Also am I the only one who can't stand the idea of going back to the VERY BEGINNING of one piece? I've been chipping away at this massive turd for years, fans aren't going to start over

>Hollywood
>Nami is going to be all covered up and will have small tits.

>eclipses the manga

It's literally the best-selling manga in history by a huge margin

>tfw think of a live action western One Piece show a week ago

what the fuck is this shit? this show would be expensive as FUCK if they didn't want to make it pure CGI

i loved hunter x hunter so I'm gonna give the anime a try first

One Piece is the second most sold comic book of all time behind Superman, it's not gonna be eclipsed.

It will be yet another "Hollywood tries to make something without understanding it and fans hate it" a la Dragonball Evolution

Just wait, Hollywood has special everything-ruining powers. Did you hear about the Spawn-tier Berserk movie starring Will Smith they're making?

This seems weird since its pretty lackluster in the Western audiences compared to Naruto or somehow even Bleach. It never took off because of the dub being 4Kidz.

Early-One Piece seems do-able. Only Luffy, Smoker and Crocodile will be any CGI heavy and it might not even make it that far before getting canceled. If it ends at Arlong, then its really just Luffy and some CGI Fishmen.
They will need a redesign of all the outfits though, its going to look weird on real people.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE

The only way this can work is if it only covers the beginning to leaving the East Blue

ODA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Are they going to film the endless filler and the really long character exposition when they fight?

How could the quality go down if it was already bottom of the barrel? Shit was like a slideshow. I liked the manga as a teenager but could never watch the anime because it was so cheap

this is going to be a disaster

Nami

How do you even go about adapting a series with 1000+ episodes

NANIII?

it's a literal slideshow now. Might as well be reading the manga

youtu.be/b-twLe00UD8

How will they adapt this scene?

Guys what if...what if the show becomes relatively popular and has a rather quick pace...

What if Oda tells them the ending like Martin told Dabid and Dan when they started shooting Game of Thrones?

I'm sure you'll enjoy it then. I would warn you about a slow start but if you liked HxH then there is no need.

>live action adaptations of cartoons
I really fucking hate Hollywood guys

it was a well drawn slideshow at least

Usopp, raised by a single mother and has the afro hair.

At least a quarter will be, Luffy will be asian like the Teen wolf actor maybe Nami as well. This is going to be shit can't wait for NAruto next

I'd give more trust to them than Japanese movie creators

The acting is so bad.

>ignore source material and only use its fame
>blame the fans for being entitled when it fails
like this?

>posting dubbed
neck yourself

This scene has more impact in English

When the Japanese make movies like this you can at least excuse the acting because of the language barrier between the two cultures. Like they're bad in Japanese but you barely speak the language and only saw Rashomon to compare, so it's pretty good. Add to that, some Japanese movies are pretty ok just by themselves.

Like the Jojo movie. Movies like Suicide Squad have no excuse being bad when they're using relatively iconic characters, safe plots and huge actors, so I give movies like One Piece or Jojo a pass.

He should even appear until like s5 at least

>A live action yugioh happens
>It's we WUZ KaNG the card game

>let's ignore the inspiration and make him a nigger

That took for fucking ever, Jesus. That's why manga is superior, I can read and process images much faster than actors can emote, anime needs to be adapted for the fact that you're in a much more visually oriented medium, don't have a character stand still for 3 minutes just THINKING

Good luck getting Toei to make fluid episodes without having millions of filler episode

>What will the cast look like, Sup Forums?

You know the answer

White guys as villians

A motley assortment of women, blacks, trannies, and fudgepackers as the good guys. The only good white guy will be such an obvious faggot.

That's how Hollywood works.

This is the worst timeline

i wonder how long will it take until (((they) will try to buy the big manga publisher like Shonen Jump

>luffy - no fucking idea at fucking all
>nami -
>chopper - cgi
>brook - motion capture of adrian brody
>sanji - dane dehaan
>zoro -
>robin -
>franky -
>usopp -
>crocodile - jeremy irons
>blackbeard - mickey rourke
>shanks -
>gol d. roger (flashback) - javier bardem
>silvers rayleigh -
>kaido -
>hawk eyes - johnny depp
>doflamingo - guy pearce
>trafalgar law - michael fassbender
>boa hancock - emily blunt
>buggy - andy serkis
>jinbe - motion capture of dave bautista
>whitebeard -
>sengoku -
>akainu - viggo mortensen
>aokiji - jason momoa
>kizaru - antonia banderas
>garp -
>big mom -

Help me out here Sup Forums, need to fill in the rest

>massive turd

If that's your opinion of it, why are you still reading?

>All black cast meme

Reminder if Hollywood want the REAL diversity then they should heed to Oda's wish like pic related.

They're going to use relative unknowns everywhere and you know it
To finish what I started

Only in Obama's America can you be responsible for hundreds of hate-crime murders of whites, and simply get away with it because the party agrees it's time for whites to start dying even though "hands up don't shoot" was a deliberate lie.

It's anime so it's most likely complete garbage.

pretty based if they did it that way lol at chopper though he'll be cgi

>the bad dudes in One Piece are the most visibly diverse

really makes you think

Clearly reading One Piece this far isn't working to cure you out of your shit taste. Hopefully you'll like One Piece and develop a good taste once you're finished with it.

From the company which made this

youtube.com/watch?v=Qj68qdnaSrY

>nationality
>African

Have you not noticed the amount of black looking characters in One Piece? Never mind the fact that most pirates were black

Just because black characters exist doesn't mean they won't blackwash

This sounds like an abomination in the making. It would take a miracle for this turn out even half decent. All of this on the trail of GITS flopping and reception to Death Note being mixed before it has even released. Hollywood is really trying to force live-action anime adaptations.

That zanpakuto blacksmith nigger guy was the most obnoxious character in the entirety of Bleach. Glad that Yhwach curbstomped him.

>This cartoon remake should be more historically sensitive

>she also a sassy black womyn with an afro

One of them must be a tranny

The manga is truly a fantastic adventure story the likes of which you can't find anywhere else. The anime is 80% toei trash, few of the stories transitioned well into the tv format and the pacing was unbelievably bad, individually some scenes transitioned fantastically like the "fight" with Bellamy.

This desu
Every single time

but it's not Sup Forums lmao

Fuck. Sorry.

Where did I say blackwash? One Piece already has black characters retard, there are two in the crew
>He read Bleach
You are such a middle school faggot
>duuur just turn your brain off bro!
uggh I'm surronded by mongrels

>tumblr fanart