What's wrong with polygamy, Sup Forums?

What's wrong with polygamy, Sup Forums?

More wives = more children = white numbers up.

Also, it keeps the women submissive and competitive in order to become your favorite.

The wives keep each other in check, you get to choose who you slay every night, while always being able to add to your stock of wives in case you get bored.

No more regret after marriage - you can just get a fresh wife. Once a wife gets too old to be pleasurable during sex, she can cook and clean while you go to your other wives or keep adding new ones.

Couple this with forbidding women from divorcing their husbands and it's a goldmine.

absolutely nothing.

t. Mormon

Its one of the reasons arabs are so fucking up, the rich arab takes all the good women and the hordes of poor people are left to ugly mustached melikes which there arent even enough of to go around, so they all end up fucking little boys and goats.

I think polygamy in the original mormon sense of a man with his own wife and kids looks after a widowed women who has kids and may have more kids with her, is actually great and very healthy.

>More wives = more children
Yes, for fewer men.
What are the others going to do?
Men aren't stupid, they know when they aren't going to get a chance to reproduce, and they stop contributing to their society.

We already have a problem with guys "dropping out" of society, we don't need to give more of them reason to.

It literally enrages the large portion of men left out, and creates a fucked up family dynamic that isn't healthy for either children or the wives. Marriage is based on loving somebody with all your heart, and you can't "love" that many women, and even those who got multiple wives couldn't take care of that many women or their offspring.

Additionally, divorces would further fuck this situation up. It's a terrible idea, OP. The fact that you can't see how ridiculous of a suggestion it is is baffling.

"Mommy, are you my real mommy?"

"Lol son I have no fucking idea."

Implying I give a shit as long as they all look like me.

Patrilineal bloodlines only.

it does not work during peaceful times
proven by time

retarded

sapphism is a real thing though

Because you'll have a lot of single males that can't get women because a few men are hoarding them all. They will turn violent or gay.

Traditional marriage is the foundation of western society.

Now fuck off. Sage.thread and report.

Divorce must be a mess

>Kids don't have stable family/ are confused subconsciously
>Can make women feel dispensable and can lead to men all being polygamous, in which case women as a sex are treated like whores.

Drop out > Sees ISIS > Welp, only way to get pussy > Ficki ficki > Boom > Virgins

Fuck if I will pay all those kids college and marriages.

Why not just get married and fuck whores on the side. So much cheaper

One wife is bad enough. I couldn't begin to imagine multiple wives.

Because you end up hogging all the women

There needs to be enough women for all the men

Given the increased number of children from polygamous relationships there will be plenty of women to go around.

In polygamous societies, single men are so rare that they're frowned upon.

Why aren't feminists complaining about polygamy being illegal? After all it's taking away their choice and forcing a lot of them to be with beta guys instead of alpha guys as a second wife which some might prefer (and we know feminists are all about increasing choice for women right?)

nothing's wrong with polygamy. other than having to put up with more womens' BS.

Is this a Dancing bear scene?

Inbreeding. Look up consanguinity in the Middle East.

Probably safer to look it up here in the US. If you do it over there, you might get bombed while you're looking it up.

Polygamy doesn't cause inbreeding. Inbreeding causes inbreeding.

oh uyae please add more genetic defects to the gene pool

that doesn't make any sense, there would also be more men

wtf I hate having multiple housewives who clean and cook and raise the kids and let me rail them every night now

>More wives = more children = white numbers up.

Really? Polygamy takes women away from other men. Your logic only makes sense if there are much more women than men.

Equilibrium. Saying we'd run out of women with polygamy fails to take into account the increased birth rate.

In what other area is it considered ok to take away individual choice about how they want to do things just for some social engineering outcome people may want? It's surprising that pol accepts enforced monogamy and looks down on polygamy as an option.

Doesn't the increased birth rate create just as many more male babies as female babies?

Seems more natural to me. An alpha who attracts more women makes more strong offspring. I honestly don't understand why the government should convene on consenting adults who do this in an age where using the wrong gender pronoun can get your business sued. I mean wtf. I'm supposed to accept some faggot pretending he's a woman and play along with his delusions, but we're supposed to condemn a Mormon for being alpha as fuck? Thank, Marxists.

Shit, I am dumping my gf next time I see her, got tired of her shit, women spend 5 month in a relationship and always start nagging, being reluctant about sex and generally bitching about stupid shit. Will a couple women friends who don't mind sharing me with other women from my University though, polygamy ftw.

>Yes, for fewer men
Yes, that's the point. Why should it be mandated that every man has an opportunity to breed? This is so unnatural that our gene pool is fucked up because of it. The genetically superior males should be the ones impregnating more of the women. Humanity would be better off for it.

Lol how will you be a polygamist if you haven't ever had a gf irl, OP?

Triggered. Make me think you are insecure about whether you'll be able to attract any wives.

I've had gfs just couldn't bring myself to marry, commit and settle down with a liberal, first world, air head or weird, lazy autist chick.

the ones that reproduce are not necessarily genetically superior in any absolute way. They just have traits women happen to be wired to like from the past. They might actually be awful people in today's world. The closest thing to polygamy I've seen outside the Mormons in the US is literal thugs, some of whom are in prison, with kids by many women.

Because every woman has an opportunity to breed, and because genes carry on through females too.

natural birth rate usually is 45% male to 55% female, you ensure 1 and 1 pairings, a few better off men get multiple partners anyway, and everybody is happy and productive.

Men have no reason to be productive and build shit, participate in society, or fight for society if it fucks them from the get go and unrestrained polygamy does exactly that.

>Well I can't get a wife, neither can my friends, I might as well rape that guys wives, take them for my own, steal his shit, kill his ass, and topple his society

>tfw you realize the world and gene pool would benefit from you killing yourself

>mfw there will be women who take on dozens of beta orbiter husbands who really are nothing more than cuckolds
>mfw much suicide and violence ensue

>Why should it be mandated that every man has an opportunity to breed?

Because men who know they have no opportunity to reproduce will either stop contributing to society and stop going to work, because there is no point in trying to do these things if you will never have a family.

They either become lazy and unmotivated like that, or they become violent.
Every extra woman you marry adds another member to the furious rape-army that is going to eventually come for you.

Killing/maiming/assaulting competing suitors has always been a thing, just ask Odysseus.

Why don't we mandate more equality in jobs too then by this logic?

Typically they totally peace the fuck out of society and find a better one, and your civilization wakes up one day and there's no one to build shit or fight for it.
Then the few dudes left band together, kill you and rape your wives after killing all of your offspring

By forcing women into the trades and menial labor work?
Interesting, but productivity would falter

Because monogamy is a compromise, whereas outright guaranteed equality is not. There will be always be a segment of the population who can't get married because they're just that unappealing.

Huh? No I mean if we are going to mandate that men have a more equal chance at women, why not also mandate that men have a more equal chance at good jobs?

I said "more equality. You replaced it with "guaranteed equality". Now respond as if I said what I actually said.

Monogamy works, and those who want to be polygamal will do it anyway (in a free society where it won't be enforced).

It's not exactly all of the picture, chasteness comes into play - what use is it having multiple wives if all of your kids aren't actually yours

Because monogamy isn't mandating all men have a shot at the most attractive women.
Monogamy means you have a shot at one woman.
Might not be the best woman, but you can still reproduce.

In our current society, every man can get a job.
It might not be the best job, but it's still a job.

This is the equivalent of saying a company has ten jobs on offer, but one guy is going to get them all.
Ten different men could have one job each.
They're not the same job, but they are all jobs.

The problem with it is that there are roughly equal numbers of men and women, and polygamy necessitates that many men miss out on wives.

In our society everyone can get a job? Really? So unemployment is near 0% or ever could be? I wasn't aware of this.

>Polygamal societies in the past
>Not even including outside male population, but the innards of a polygamist family.

>Son(s) sees you marry up his love interest, or a bunch of young girls his age
>He can't get a woman because all the other rich polygamists have all the women
>You have 64 sons
>Resentment grows
>He stabs you in the face, takes what he wants, and GTFO's
>Other sons fight over the scraps
>a whole shitload of your male offspring dead

It doesn't necessitate it. It is up to what people choose. Nobody is forcing women to all hook up with the same guy. I don't think anyone is saying we mandate polygamy, just that it isn't outlawed.

It's not necessarily what has come to pass, but it's definitely in the public zeitgeist about how it ought to be.

Yet we have a world right now where a tiny number of people have like 95% of all wealth and that argument doesn't apply there just as badly?

Slightly more women than men, population wise and birth rate wise naturally.
Slightly doesn't mean you can go hog wild and have 10 wives - it's less than a 5% disparity

Yeah it's a nice myth sure. But we aren't dumb enough to believe it.

Alternatively we can just regulate female sexuality like we have been for the past 10,000 or so years.

I am just having a hard time understanding why pol of all places is so hypocritical and suddenly supports all this social engineering regulation instead of individual freedom.

More wives=women congregated into one house to scheme against you.

Not if you operate a Wife of the Monthâ„¢ system. They'll fight amongst themselves to please you.

No, not every single man has a job.
Just like not every single man is married.

But there is an opportunity for the majority of men to have a job, because one man cannot have several full time jobs at once.

It's the equivalent of writing your offspring out of the will, only worse.
Esp. with the bigger historical polygamists with 50+ wives.
Living in ancient cities with urban populations sub 30k, you and all the other rich dudes in town just took all the pretty girls entering marriage age, and you and all the other rich dudes have tons of sons, mostly unmarried, who are going to grow to homicidally resentful when the best a scant few of them can land is a 6/10 peasant girl

nothing as long as it is only males who are allowed more than one wife

females shouldn't be able to have more than one husband

Sup Forums never thought women should have rights

>females shouldn't be able to have more than one husband

if you think about it that would be good for us dudes because it reduces the amount of male competition we have when trying to find wives. It would inflate women's egos but would limit the amount of dudes vying for bitches

You want to live in a Matriarchy?

Please cut your balls off, place them in an envelope and post them to Tumblr HQ.

The system we have now is fine, ban it, don't encourage it, shun it, but don't enforce it. There should be certain and scant limits on individual freedom - taking everyone elses right and ability to breed is anti-freedom. Women are naturally inclined towards harems, and all the other free men want a chance at a women too

Because if multiple women divorce him they'll have to split the alimony.

>having more than one wife

WHY SO MUCH SUFFERING IN YOUR LIFE user?

it wouldn't devolve into a matriarchy. The chads will always keep women in check. They are the backhand on women's egos

>one man cannot have several full time jobs at once.
Robots can.

You can survive off a relatively small amount of money.
It's rare for somebody to have NO money at all.

You can't reproduce with only a small amount of a woman.
You either have a woman or you don't.

because making sure the overwhelming majority of blokes are getting pussy on the reg is what keeps society functioning

polygamy fucks with that

Yeah, but given human nature it inevitable they're be a "revelation" to take your loli maid as a wife ala Joseph Smith.

>tfw when a feminist has a more masculine forearm than you

Marriage rates are incredibly high in the Middle East. Bachelors are unheard of.

i was talking about people, not sand creatures

The only issue would be if that became the norm otherwise no there wouldnt be much of a problem. People in this thread seem to be acting as if polygamy means banning monogamy.