Doctor Who General - /who/

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
docs.google.com/document/d/1YO4OICHAYL9zGxa3MhhWs4-BnHedCqTU8r7Z3EnmAak/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=VG1iTe1tniw
archiveofourown.org/users/Gallifrey_Immigrant/works
youtube.com/watch?v=sMXEoBtkuA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Introducing Kris Marshall as the Valeyard

doctor poo

reminder that Cats is a cletus because he's finally given out on his attitude to homosexuality (he thinks it's illness)
cats should be dead for being cletus

>She'll probably get a girl and a guy companion.

If so, I hope it's not another Amy and Rory kinda thing

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, Whittaker 13th Doctor) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

WE need more entries for classic as well as NuWho Doctors. Entries for Thirteen are accepted as well. Aug 3rd is deadline.

How are you straights going to cope with wanting to fug the Doctor?

The good times seem so short.

fapping to trannies isn't gay

By wanting to fug Doctor Whore
It's not rocket science

Copious amounts of masturbation

Posting new the final draft of my shit trips submission starring Tentoo. 3000+ words of ultracanon.

docs.google.com/document/d/1YO4OICHAYL9zGxa3MhhWs4-BnHedCqTU8r7Z3EnmAak/edit?usp=sharing

Can I get a rating here? 1-Kino?

One minute cats is gay, the next he's a homophobe? It just keeps getting stranger.

I've seen the idea of twin brother and sister, which could be nice because of the supernatural connection twins have.

But the best one was a teenage girl from the 80's and a teenage girl from present day, who don't know they're mother and daughter.

TO THE MOFFMOBILE

Oh god. The two girls would get so shipped...until the reveal.

I WILL NEVER RIDE ON THE MOFFMOBILE! I totally would though

Honestly, i'd fe fine with either of these

Deborah Watling died and the next gen is'nt even devoted to her. Bad form boardies

So when's the Big Finish about 5 and 6 arguing over their future self coming?

This is good stuff. It's clearer what's happenning now, as well. Needs a few spelling and grammar edit. but I'll handle those.

For the rest of you, keep those entries coming! (Have I missed any entries?)

the same way the fangirls have all these years

>yfw they fall out permanently over this and they never do anything together again

Seriously, what the hell

Moff seems like an awesome guy to be friends with. ;_;

Shit Trips > the WarDoc collections?

>30 years of friendship ended because of a female doctor

I'm a straight and I don't particularly want to fug or fuck the doctor. I wouldn't turn her down but it's not something I'd likely pursue.
Not applying this to cats, but aren't most homophobes generally regarded as being closeted themselves? Self-loathing projected onto others etc?

And then they'd get shipped even harder

It's sad because it's true

Sorry I was busy mourning the other celebrity who died

Yeah I genuinely like him a lot. His creative turnaround and rejuvenation from Matt to Capaldi I find truly impressive, and he's just a truly witty guy too, always love reading/hearing interviews with him. Those "ask the showrunner" things in DWM were fantastic.

Why do you have so many opinions on a gay cats Cloister!?!?!?

If you read Davison's full comments, it's not as negative as it sounds. He admits Jodie is a good actress and that his thoughts are likely because he's a "dinosaur" and he admits the show needs to open up.

>aren't most homophobes generally regarded as being closeted themselves

that just cheapens homophobia, like "oh, no one REALLY hates gay people, it's all just self-loathing~"

>having a female doctor is good because girls didn't have any role models
>boys should have PEOPLE as role models. gender doesn't real after all

Other me, I just said that didn't apply to the feisty feline. It was a question as to the nature of homophobes in general. Not Cats, whom at this juncture I couldn't even say was homophobic.
Sorry, I didn't mean to discount your homophobia.

I 100% agree, a Mofffriend would be brilliant
>ywn sit around chatting Doctor Who with him while he constantly corrects you on things

>gender doesn't real

only terfs say this

>tfw I actually donated to get the original Seasons of War but only ever read a handful of the stories including Jim Mortimore's comic one
I have no idea if the infinite followups were even worth talking about

>ywn smack moffat in the face when he tries to pull a three series long plot that goes fucking nowhere

I'm glad I'll eventually have these nuanced opinions on homophobia. I love the phrasing of 'feisty feline' btw

Gatiss also seems like a very comfy guy, this interview is super comfy youtube.com/watch?v=VG1iTe1tniw

Dude had a 5 story in the last thread. Was good

I havent read seasons 2. Trips 2 seems better than 1 so far though

Someone here says the set is great, it might be Immigrant, but yeah I've yet to read it

Why of all the classic writers to bring back they chose Rona "lesbian cheetah people" Munro.

who do you prefer

Because they already had a GOAT cyberman story so Marc Platt would have been redundant.

>until
Oh you poor, naive man.

Ace

According to SJW the Doctor was always associated with femine traits such as healing, mercy, communication. He was always such a delicate femine man, but now decided to show his true form that always should be.

Survival is pretty good as a story.

I have to assume that other McCoy-era writers either don't fit some model of what the producers feel works for NuWho in their current output, or aren't available, or aren't interested.

>According to SJW
Who cares?

>tfw the dorothy aceventures never

Good bye Deborah. Cutie... In monochrome.

I was being optimistic. Yes, some people would ship them harder, but a lot of people would stop.

Colin has a more lovable presence on audio.

Survival is good t b h i m o

Sixie > Ace > Five, I like them all a lot though.

Dude, its a show where the next episode always has to be able to contain a standalone story in a grounded universe. No multiseason plot can ever have a satisfying consequence besides The Doctor Dies

ive only been coming here since s10 started

i understand who the 2 cloisters are and who edge is, more or less. but what's the background to gallifrey_immigrant, he's also here a lot but i dont know anything about him other than him organising the stories

are there other regular trips i should know about too

>No seriously listen user, because here's where it gets good
>okay so then this brand new character named Mel turns up right
>and she's Amy and Rory's best friend since childhood right
>OR IS SHE?
>Haha wait where are you going
I've never actually watched any of these Aftershows, are they good?
I'm assuming they are because this one is nice so far, I guess I'll have to go back and watch them

You don't need to know anything. The less you know, the less you will post about them, the better for us all.

>what's the background to gallifrey_immigrant
one of the more chill trips
writes fanfic
is black

I write fanfiction. Lots of it: archiveofourown.org/users/Gallifrey_Immigrant/works .

Thanks. And that really was a good 5 story.

Yep, Seasons of War is great. Looking forward to the Corsair novel.

>are they good?
Depends on the guests really. Christel isn't a particularly good host. The Gatiss / Lucas one is GOAT because the both of them have great chemistry. Some of the Moff ones are good because he always has interesting stuff to say. Ones with shyer people aren't much good because Christel can't carry them on her own.

So will this be one of those "The Doctor regenerates at the very end and says one line leaving us waiting 8 month for a proper introduction" Christmas specials?

Fuck off boardie

immigrant is an oreo. cats big toe is blacker than immigrant. grandpa cloister is more ghetto and neo cloister has a bigger dick thicc colin baker is a way bigger nigger
immigrant is as black as the doctor

i like them and knowing about them. i really like /who/ in general, trips and anons alike

that's cool, are there other nonwhite trips? /who/ seems pretty diverse, edge is trans, gallifrey_immigrant is black, cats is gay

awesome!

Yes, Moffat confirmed that Chibbers is writing the last few lines of the Christmas special, presumably for 13
So unless that one anons complete guess is right and we get Moffucked by an early appearance from 13 in the middle of the ep, we won't see her until the very end

>boardie
stop using that word

Yes, that's how it goes. It wouldn't make much sense to have the true introduction of the next Doctor tacked onto the end of the previous one's last story, when you can dedicate a whole separate story to it.

>cats is gay

That's just a meme. Cats is a John Wiles fan, and a 24/7 memer, but not gay, as far as I know.

I am black, though.

cloister is native american apparently. the master is black and bi wanderer is like 36

I want 13 to have a companion like Angus, a 5th companion from the comics. He was an american fighter pilot from 1963.

He's basically an old fashioned guy from a previous era. It would be fun to see him go against a modern female doctor.

I want 13's companion to be the Eric Roberts Master, but as a robo-companion like the Master in Shalka. I also want him to transform into a talking cat at times.

Don't forget to click below
youtube.com/watch?v=sMXEoBtkuA4

I feel they gone too far this time with their PC agenda. I hate what the show has become

Nothing changed

>an old fashioned guy from a previous era. It would be fun to see him go against a modern female doctor.
I can hear the cries of "misogynyyyyyy" from here.

Apologise.

Top stuff from the illustrators as usual

Same. I was more of a console-type person anyway.

Some people prefer it if the Doctor regenerated in the series finale and the whole separate story to introduce the new Doctor happened at Christmas, like how 9 -> 10 happened.
I personally prefer it how it is, I like that Christmas is the final send off for the current incarnation of Doctor, and that the new Doctor begins their first story at the beginning of their first series, rather than having their first adventure hovering awkwardly in between series'

I've met all three and Colin was the nicest

Most forgettable special ever.

I'm sorry for thinking that episode had a chance of being anything but shit.

Apologise!

Ace>6>>>>>>>>>>Davison>Baker>Sophie
Pretty rude desu.
Slightly less than half, and Cheyenne.
I would love this desu. Calling women skirts, dames and broads infront of the doctor.

Only after you apologize for Dragon Ball Evolution nigga

I always thought you lived in England t b h

APOLOGISE!!!

You say
>rather than having their first adventure hovering awkwardly in between series
but the same is true of the outgoing Doctor. 10 worked because at least there were a couple of specials through the year and an SJA appearance to tide us over. Whereas this time, we're waiting 5/6 months after Capaldi's last series finale just to then say goodbye. So either way Christmas can feel awkward (although if they'd held of airing S10 til about now, it wouldn't have felt as long a wait).

One of the great things about 9's regeneration, for me, is that he goes out with a bang right at the end of his series. No having to wait around just for one last adventure; just 13 straight episodes and then boom! Regeneration. Like the series is able to build to that point. (It also helped that Tennant's first series was Spring, rather than Autumn 2006.)

I think TDF would've had even more impact than it already did if Capaldi had regenerated at the end of it desu.

How do we "fix" 'The Return of Doctor Mysterio'?

Wipe it

reminder that doctor mysterio will never be referenced again because Moffat thinks continuity sucks

Who else loved this moment?

Nope, mid-western amerifat.

>me right now, trying to reconcile this with what i previously thought

What is this from?

The Husbands of River Song

Scaroth reporting in.

Heaven Sent