Shows with a significant drop in quality over the show's run

>Shows with a significant drop in quality over the show's run.

Other urls found in this thread:

uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Prison_Break
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was always garbage, it's just that the garbage stunk more and more with time, kinda like real garbage.

Can anything else even compete?

>replacing Laurie for one season
fucking why even bother when she was always away anyways

How did they manage to JUST this show so hard? Season 1, 2, and 4 were so good.

Don't deny it.

Last season of Banshee

Significant drop is an understatement. Crash and burn is more appropriate.

Don't deny jt

Went downhill after the first season just like GoT. Luckily the 5th season was at least OK and the decline was a bit more steady.

GoT died with Barristan. It peaked with Baelor.

They should have ended it when Kutcher and Grace left.

uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Prison_Break
>A nine-episode continuation miniseries aired in 2017, and fulfilled the viewers' gun-pointing quota that had been lacking for the previous seven years.
kek

Trailer Park Boys

All of the above.

I'm binging this right now, a little over halfway through season 2. I remember it turning poorly later on with the removal of Eric, Donna getting a new boyfriend, and so on. What are the golden seasons?

Scrubs
The Office

Probably through 4

Showtime put their foot down everytime the showrunners tried to take the story in a direction that would start wrapping things up. The showrunner for the first four seasons eventually quit and they hired a group of nobodies to write the rest of the series.

Even then, Showtime made them drastically change plots mid-season so they could squeeze a few more years out of the show. Remember when that guy making the Dexter game sent him little Ice Truck Killer dolls in season 6? He was supposed to be the new Doakes, but Showtime didn't want Dexter to have any real enemies so they killed him at the beginning of season 7 with no resolution to that a story arc.

This. Why was it so bad? Was it just defunding? I know they had to move shooting locations, and it just didn't feel the same.

He would have been a shitty doaks, that little cuckboy should have never been a part of the show.

Christ he was even dating the biggest qt on the show he made me so mad.

I always hated this show and Hyde's gary stu bullshit.

>spend the entire series teasing the Sherrif revealing his identity
>he does it in a quick throwaway line to another officer and no one even gives a shit at that point
>main antagonist is killed off screen
>rescue Job in the first couple of episodes (the thing that should have been the entire season arc)
>instead, focus on some random serial killer that i don't give a fuck about
>killed off best tits between seasons

Prison Break. Just stop after first season.

South Park has been a rollercoaster of quality.

Women writers

It was truly remarkable how bad that show got in such a quick amount of time

The difference between season 1 and all the other seasons is so massive I'm confused as to how it stayed on the air so long

American dad is the most consistent.

For animated series, Archer is a fucking abortion at this point, repeating same jokes from season 1 and 2. This season they even forgot it was supposed to be funny. Should have ended on a high point like Frisky Dingo and Sealab 2021.

American Dad has still managed to keep a relatively high level of quality

The new seasons aren't quite as good but it's only like a 5-10% dropoff

Yeah I don't know what the deal with Archer is Season 7 just didn't seem like much at all.

Literally all of them

Bates Motel, an unfortunate series past S01.

>subplots that go virtually nowhere, or just end up in circles idiotically
>filler characters out of the ass that shouldn't exist
>decently written dialogue turned to utter shit

It could have been a good show if they condensed it down to TWO seasons, or maybe three.

Instead they want to fill their coffers with as much money as possible by dragging out out
with the things mentioned above to five seasons. Such a wasted opportunity too with a good
story, and setting that could have been properly/respectably explored.

A proper example.

Why did they keep the show going after half the cast left?

There was no reason to keep on hanging out in Foreman's basement when Foreman moved away. They were just squatting in someone's basement at that point.

Didn't the actress die?

because hyde lived in the basement.

though the show should have skipped the episodes when eric was in africa and that blonde guy took his place.

Every other show Floyd County has attempted ended in failure really quick if it even made it to the end of a first season. Archer is all they have.

Hyde was living with Chong right after Eric left. But they kept on going to the Foreman's house anyway.

Nah, it's still pure K I N O

>Shows with a significant drop in quality over the show's run.
Pretty much anything that runs too long will eventually become this. Most good shows figure out their formula in season 1, really get on their game in season 2, then have 2-3 more seasons of gold, and then go into steady decline for another two seasons, and then finally just degenerate into trash until they get cancelled.

>Can anything else even compete?
Sure. Dexter's not even a particularly egregious example. Hell, the biggest reason the later seasons look so bad is my comparison to the highs of the earlier ones... a lot of shows run 5+ seasons and never have a season as good as Dexter's worst.

These are all perfect examples.

>Sure. Dexter's not even a particularly egregious example. Hell, the biggest reason the later seasons look so bad is my comparison to the highs of the earlier ones... a lot of shows run 5+ seasons and never have a season as good as Dexter's worst.

If a show is shit then the drop off in quality won't be big.

Dexter's drop off was fucking enormous

Even good shows that are still watchable are a totally different animal after about 5 years. Once they hit that mark they change a lot from the early premise. Whether that change is bad enough to get people to quit watching or not is another matter.

this like a biggot, aggressive version of the ranch

Granted I haven't seen the most recent season of Archer, but I have continued to enjoy the past few seasons nearly just as much as I enjoyed the first few. I've been watching it since it started, though, so maybe if I had watched all of it in a shorter period of time I would have found it tedious. But I've rewatched the whole series a few times and I find it to be pretty consistent throughout.

I got the impression they have no fucking clue what to do with the storyline in Archer since season 5.

They are just making random shit until someone calls them on it.

>Dexter's drop off was fucking enormous
At least they had that amazing ending though. I feel not enough shows in this day and age represent the lumberjack minority.

>lost
>bsg
>archer
>almost every anime ever made

>Even good shows that are still watchable are a totally different animal after about 5 years.
There's also the ones that buck the trend by blowing up their own show and coming back with a totally different formula. eg Person Of Interest taking a hard turn from a lite-scifi crime procedural into a show about a global shadow war between rogue AIs.

The rest of the seasons cant compare to season 1, but I would say they all have the same level of quality.