Saw this yesterday, what are the other watchable movies of the franchise (if any) ?

Saw this yesterday, what are the other watchable movies of the franchise (if any) ?

Whatever the reason as long as this is slightly entertaining (nice atmosphere, "so bad it's good" vibes, genuinely unsettling tone)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E6QDN_JKBmQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's more or less the same thing. The first four are worth watching imo, if you can see 3 with the old blue and red 3D glasses I recommend it.

1-4 and 6

4>6>X>remake>1>2>3>7>8>9>5

what's jasons motivation?

>Friday the 13th
1 - 4
>A Nightmare on Elm Street
1 - 4

2, 3, 4, 6, 7. 2 is pretty much a better version of 1 although the ending is slightly botched, 3 is pure cheese, 4 is the second best film of the franchise, 6 is the best film of the franchise, 7 is pretty much a typical Friday the 13th film mixed with Carrie. 5 is by far the worst of the first 7 films but it's worth watching.

I really loved the first one, It's one of my favorite horror movies. The other Fridays don't work, after the second one they start running through the motions. Jason's mother is a better villain, the film had great atmosphere and the camerawork was really great. You couldn't tell when you were seeing things from her perspective.

5 is good, fuck you all

>6 is the best film of the franchise
this meme needs to die

might as well just watch them all honestly. part 6 is the very best imo

This.

The film is basically a couple trilogies, wherein:
1: The Hobbit, wherein our hero saves the day but finds something of pure evil (ring, Jason)
2,3,4: Jason kills everyone, dies
5: Who fucking cares
6,7,8: The zombie Jason trilogy. Pure kino.
9 (Jason Goes to Hell): Underrated as fuck, reinvents the franchise then retconned everything to make Jason X which isn't even a F13 movie.

I think the 2nd Ft13th has a really great atmosphere to it and Jason looked especially creepy.

I think it's underappreciated.

All of them are worth watching.
The first couple are serious, then the series starts to become self aware and becomes goofy fun.
Jason X is my favorite of the series because its so fucking goofy.
youtube.com/watch?v=E6QDN_JKBmQ

What about these things like Jason goes to hell or Jason X (aka Jason goes to space) ? Is it funny to watch or just boring shit ?

Yes I was surprised by the cinematography, there's some genuinely good shots in this. I guess the beautiful lake and woods helped.

>5 is by far the worst

Fuck off. It's the best of the first 7 by far.

Prove it wrong.

>Is it funny to watch or just boring shit ?
see Jason X is amazing.

>i watch Uwe Boll movies unironically

It's tame compared to the earlier movies.

Jason Goes to Hell is just a lot of fun. It does something no other movies in the series besides maybe part one try to do: Makes an attempt at plot.

Jason X gets shout-outs for having some more creative kills, but it's out of continuity and basically ends the series. The screenwriter named all the characters after his friends screennames in Diablo.

>it's not good because I couldn't actually SEE the brain spatter

Go back to bed.

You've never even seen 5 if you're calling it an Uwe Boll movie

I didn't call it a Uwe Boll movie, if you study English carefully and read my post again, you'll see I was calling your taste = fucking horrible.

Best Girl

don't ever reply to me

Ok well thanks, guess I'm going to watch it all.

While we're at it, what's the remake worth ?

To be a good boy and do what is mommy told him.

Better than most of the original movies, imo.

1-4 are horror movies.

The rest are self aware meta-comedy with light horror elements that basically exist to watch Jason kill people in creative ways.

They are all worth a watch, just be aware that the later films are basically comedies rather than horror films.

To erase the degenerates who have premarital intercourses