Can someone explain to me why any language besides English still exists? How does it help anything...

Can someone explain to me why any language besides English still exists? How does it help anything? English is easy to learn, very adaptable, and already a major language in every important place on Earth. Muh tradition is the only reason to hold on to so many pointless languages.

God dammit. He's right.

English is barely a language itself. Too many irregularities.

I speak Norwegian because muh heritage. Most Norwegians already speak English so it really is pointless. Oh well, I get to enjoy a random Norwegian movie now and again.

Each language has nuances that can't really even be captured in any other. So when you lose a language, you lose a little piece of human knowledge and experience from the world.

Idk, beats me. English is really the only language that matters. I honestly don't understand why anyone would bother with any other language

>norwegian film isn't complete and utter shit

No you dont

In fact a lot of words that are now considered part of English are actually from other languages. If we cut off all the other languages now, then 50 years from now, lots of words that might have been formed in those languages and adopted into English won't exist to be adopted, making even English a less rich language.

honestly english is meh. not a pure germanic language, not a pure latin language either, watered down grammar. it's like the Brazil of languages: a mongrel

Dear God, this better not be how most Americans think.

English is a shit tier language silent letters broken spelling rules. Not phonetic. It could have been great

Nobody wants or cares to speak Canadian.

FUCKING LEAF YOU BETTER BEHAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
>closest ally

It is and you're a faggot if you disagree

>why do other languages exist?

English is the truth. They do it so they can decieve.

>easy to learn

Fugg

we are barely 6 years in the era of information. give it at least another 4 years to complete the decade if we don't destroy the world before 2020 well be level 1 world society. most boomers will dead and the probability of thermonuclear war will reduce significantly since most people will speak the language.
I expect in another 10 years English will be universal with a few cluster of mostly dumb third class people speaking their language only and by 2030 everybody will speak English since it'll be on the web by then there should be colonies on mars already reducing the risk for nuclear war even further

English is the easiest language to learn. I learned how to write in english when I was 11 years old.

Anyway, portuguese is so much better than english

Latim mestre raça

Your language and your culture are shit

your language is by far the fucking worst, I'll rather learn Arabic than your shit language

If we were gonna stick with one universal language I'd much rather go with a constructed language instead of one of the retarded languages in use.

I literally do not give a single fuck about preserving languages though. It is literally a complete waste of time for the purposes of intellectual mastrubration.

This.
I would like to add the language used to formulate thoughts change the way one will formulate them, thus change thought patterns.

Therefore, a Spanish won't reason the same way as an Anglo to some extent.