What happens if Trump releases his tax returns and there's literally nothing shady in there at all...

What happens if Trump releases his tax returns and there's literally nothing shady in there at all? Do you think maybe this is part of his plan?

hes probably just using his tax returns as a way to get the media to talk about him without him even doing anything

kinda what I assumed from the beginning. Trump has been planning his run for years and there's no doubt he planned this out long ago. he's simply using this as a playing card. One day, he'll bait them into some huge assumed scandal and BOOM, they all get exposed as blithering idiots who made a huge deal out of nothing.

Checked

i also think that the media is actually worried about this being a trap too. you can tell that they want to pursue it, but they're afraid that it'll turn on them if they push it too hard. he's really got them spinning in circles. it's 4d chess for sure.

Just another move on the chess board.

If there was something shady, the IRS would have stopped him. I'm sure there's something on his tax returns that people wouldn't like; otherwise there's no reason not to release them.

These tax returns wont change anything.

I doubt there's anything shady, but I think it would reveal he's worth quite a bit less than he claims

Every time I've assumed Trump was being some kind of evil chessmaster genius I get disappointed, so I'm going to assume there's something genuinely embarrassing in his returns.

In business you don't have much money because you invest a lot of your money. Trump will not release his tax returns.

I'm almost 100% there isn't anything shady. The reason why Trump hasn't released his tax returns isn't because he's laundering money (like the Clinton Foundation probably is) or because he's broke, it's because he's probably paid either $0 or some absurdly low number in taxes over the past 10-20 years (not through illegality, he probably just has a really good accountant like most wealthy people do). It would look bad to the average voter who doesn't understand how taxes work, but hears that he hasn't paid any and assumes he's a criminal/cheat (almost every person who voted for Bernie Sanders in the primary, to be honest).

Why didn't he release those tax returns this?

I think he's been planning for at least 4 years. He briefly through his hat in the ring for Republican nominee in 2012, but I think that was just a dry run.

Income =/= wealth

taxes have nothing to do about worth. it's only about income.
There's no doubt that he prepared at least a year or two in advanced knowing perfectly well that his finance and tax reports better be in perfect order, and I would bet they are.

Making a big deal out of nothing and playing the media for chumps is just what he likes to do.

This is going to turn out to a huge bunch of nothing at the right moment for him, and the people who keep bring it up will feel like total stooges for following the medias fake controversy.

Before or after they're edited, user? Keep an open mind.

He released some kind of filing that showed like $300 million in investments. The bulk of Trump's wealth, though, will be the Trump Organization, which he owns.

See

I would actually bet that he overpaid this year, and hes just getting ready to gloat about being "too honest"
mark my words

This. You are all forgetting the 5D chess he pulled to win the nomination from someone everyone expected to not even get 5% of the vote at best.

The way I see it we have two possibilities:

1. Trump was a plant for Shillary all along and we were doomed from the start, nothing will happen.

2. As we get nearer ( 1 month or so ) away from the election date, Trump will start dropping bombshells revealing everything the media said to be a bunch of bullshit. He will release his returns and nothing shady will be in it, he will call the media out for race baiting and dare Hillary to name one racist thing he has said during the debates ( She will fail miserably no matter how she answers this ). He will release an ad campaign that utilizes some of the wikileaks that prove DNC corruption and media collusion.

Basically if Trump can convince 60% of the population that the MSM is bought and paid for by the establishment / full of shit - he will win the election very easily.

The audit isn't over.

His own financial team even released a statement saying it would be illegal for them to advise him to release before it was ready.

>an IRS transcript can be edited
sure is shilly in here

Then you're an idiot who knows nothing about finance. That's basically just a conspiracy theory. Even if he wasn't (he is, Forbes and Bloomberg both say north or $2 billion, and I'm gonna guess they are a little better informed than you), he still has a least a couple hundred million (per his portfolio, which he released) meaning he still increased the money he inherited by a shitload. Face it, you can not like him all day, but the meme about him being a shitty businessman just isn't true. It's the liberal equivalent of "Obama was born in Kenya."

So close to quads. No, but he could be doing that and it wouldn't be super surprising as a tactic. The only thing I know for near certainty is that they won't show that he is broke like many of these idiots would love to believe.

I don't understand the legit believers in 5D chess. After the first couple of primaries, it was obvious he was well on his way to winning the nomination. It's not like he came out of nowhere. I guess because Trumptards need to believe this rewritten history so they can hope against all the facts regarding the latest polls?

Trump said he's worth $10 billion. Forbes says $4.5. That's quite a difference.

for sure. it was no mistake that his financial report was pristine. he made of big deal out of it and he'll be doing the same with the taxes when he decides to release them. he'll be saying things like "how dishonest is the media?", "turns out I paid too much this year", "I'm too honest!"

This guy deals with business and money... so, this is his playing field. maybe this isnt 4d chess, but it's going to be some straight up pimp slap to the face.

Absolutely.

"t t t the polls" - Increasingly Nervous CTR Shill

>Think about running for president since the 80's
>Have something really bad in your tax returns

not likely

>Trump was a plant for Shillary all along and we were doomed from the start, nothing will happen.
No way

>As we get nearer ( 1 month or so ) away from the election date, Trump will start dropping bombshells revealing everything the media said to be a bunch of bullshit.
>He will release an ad campaign
Hit the nail on the head

Speaking of refusing to release income tax records, Bernie has hemmed and hawed over releasing his all throughout his campaign. I suspect Hillary got wind of the reason why he was dodging everyone on the topic, and used her knowledge of whatever funny business he was up to to get him to cave before the convention.

polls are rigged, dude. trump was up, and the big money donations were coming in, and the DNC got shitless and started adding more dems to the polling to dissuade his supporters. dont forget that the DNC dictates to most of the media. dont trust it.

trump says his financial reports show him to be worth $10billion. Now whether that's right or Forbes is... who really knows? I think the reality is that it only matters how wealthy you can project yourself to be.

You know where that difference comes from? Not in the valuation of the Trump Organization or any of Trump's holdings, it comes from the value of the Trump name. the problem is that it is an intangible asset, and therefore super duper hard to accurately value. Forbes puts it at like $100 million and Trump puts it at like $5 billion. It's well understood that Trump is very wealthy and has done very well in growing the wealth he inherited by 100x (not including the Trump name). Also, no $5 billion and $10 billion really aren't that different, especially when the difference in value comes down to an intangible asset. So no, Trump isn't worth a whole lot less than he claims.

That's possible, and it would definitely be a smart move. I hope so at least. I don't like Trump, but he's better than Clinton. She should be in a cell, not running for president.

I don't think anyone holds out any hope of him having "anything shady" in them, it's more that he probably pays little to nothing in taxes, thanks to incentive programs which he is using entirely in the correct way and for the correct reasons (the exact reasons for which they were created), but which nevertheless would likely play poorly with his tax-burdened constituency.

Saying to an, at time, uneducated crowd, "I'm with you; I know what you're going through," is easier when you don't have to also explain to that same crowd why making a lot of money and paying nothing in taxes does not make him part of the problem. He'd rather just avoid the issue, as he should.

tl:dr
Trump is playing this right by not disclosing, even though he isn't hiding anything "shady"

>I don't like Trump, but he's better than Clinton. She should be in a cell, not running for president.

agreed. The way I see it is that Trump has been in the media and spotlight his entire life. And in all that time he's been known as a model citizen, adored New Yorker, and funny entertainer. Then once he runs for president, the leftist media all of a sudden portraits him as the next hitler. The logic is pretty simple here.
On the other hand, Hillary's past has been outright a disaster and criminal, and the media wants us to believe she's be the continued savior.
The bias is pretty obvious. It's only unfortunate that so many people are mindless zombies.

If there was nothing shady, he would have released them already. Guess he doesn't want people to know he donated $10M to NAMBLA.

Its going to show hes using a tax loophole, that will look bad, however it will come out the tax loophole was made by a dem so it will get dropped.

>If there was nothing shady, he would have released them already

that's not how you play this game. politics is dirty. You have to approach it like a poker match.

But Trump not releasing his tax returns is doing more harm to his campaign than good.

absolute no chance there's anything wrong with his taxes. He's been prepping this run for years, and all he has to do is tell his accountants to make sure his taxes are absolutely perfect, just like his financial reports were. It would be utterly moronic otherwise. He simply saw how it was made a big deal from previous elections, and he's playing it as a bluff to make dems look stupid.

>he releases them
>there is fucking nothing
>"WELL HE IS UNDER AUDIT SO THESE MIGHT NOT BE LEGIT"
Either way they will complain and whine about it

This DOES strike me as something he would do. Very well meme'd...

Campaign isn't over, and no one cars about his taxes and he knows that. People do care and will notice big time if he makes the media look extra dumb when baits them into a big controversy and he releases them and there's absolutely nothing there.

Well, if Obama's birth certificate is anything to go by, Trump just has to wipe his ass with an Arby's napkin and submit it as his tax returns.

This is a game Trump's playing. I bet every I is dotted and every T crossed. Plus I bet there are some very generous donations to the United Negro College Fund, and all sorts of feel good charities to be found. Trump is playing 6D. He's been planning this out.

>>Expect them to be released the day of the first debate.

>NOTHING he could release
would be as damming as this!

and her budy O'l bama just let her walk...

I don't get what can go wrong.

If he uses a lot of loopholes and legal tax evading: it's proof that rich people get too many favors and he is willing to change that after 8 years of Obama. Why wouldn't a smart business man do it?

>Trump said he's worth $10 billion. Forbes says $4.5. That's quite a difference.

Think, for a sec: suppose he has a fuckton of money in gold. If the price of gold fluctuates, as it does all the time, his worth will go up and down from day to day. It's like that with a huge slew of businesses too. As their worth fluctuates so does yours. Much of Trump's money is probably also in real estate. We have discussed here many times how real estate prices are just insane and difficult to predict from month to month. Same thing.

Literally, unless your ENTIRE net worth is all in cash, like real money sitting in a checking or savings account (money being in actuality just paper or a figure on a computer screen, not an item of actual value like land or diamonds or gold), your net worth will change hourly.

Absolutely. He's simply making sure EVERYONE notices his taxes when he releases them. I mean this is typical Trump. He almost certainly put in a lot of things to benefit his image. otherwise, he would have released his taxes right after he filed so that any controversy would have died down by now.

People are all acting like trump sits in his basement with turbotax trying to figure out how to get some extra money back. This shit takes a bunch of people to put together, and it'll be perfect.

He will soon enough. The problem is it's like 10,000 pages or something. It's just massive. He owns hundreds and hundreds of businesses.

I don't see the big fucking deal though. Tax returns change every year. Hillary released 1 year worth of tax returns. It was pointless.

They will shit on him for having $8.9 billion instead of $9 billion like he claimed

if there's nothing there, it won't even be announced he released them. if their is a typo that misspells something, we're gonna rev up the Hitlers

Is there any demographic of Trump supporters that has a bigger victim complex than Sup Forums?

Somebody said something mean to you at a Trump rally and now you're all literally >oppressed?

Grow up, cucks.

Hillary is drowning in scandals so bad right now and getting worse by the day.

Tax returns are just a distraction they don't want to push too hard for when he finally does release them or they'll look even worse.

that's not how taxes work. you dont pay taxes based on what you're worth.
All it'll show is how much he gets paid, where he gets his money, and how much he pays.

>Mr. Trump these are clearly fake records
>If these were real you would have released them months ago

Interesting! Something to bug my Boinie friends about.

Proofs, bong? sauce? anywhere?

>turbotax

I kek'd

Some user hypothesized a debate scenario that no other candidate would dare try a few months ago

>baits Hillary with getting her to release wall street speech transcripts
>she'll strike at the low hanging fruit and tell him to release his tax returns first
>if he gets ungodly lucky the biased moderator might chime in and agree with her
>live on air he'll tell his campaign staff to do exactly that

It wont happen but I'd very much like it to.

>cucks

Why are lefties so insistent on trying to use insults that describe them and turn them around? Where's the creativity?

What's a hyperbole?

If Trump is really a Clinton plant, he will release his tax returns right when Assange drops his big leaks on Clinton.

They're probably 100% legit and hes going to drop the "I emailed them to hillary" joke on live tv.

THe media will find something to freak out about

>After the first couple of primaries

Cruz won the first primary retard. Throughout the entire primary the strategy was to deny Trump 1,237 delegates. Only until Trump won Indiana and Cruz decided to drop out was his nomination a "sure thing".

If there is nothing shady in it they will just make something up.

Could you, or someone, PLEASE tweet this at him? Fookin' brilliant.

nah since 2008.

I keep telling people he's going to have something crazy like a 300K write off for gravel or that he owns a carnival

He already admitted to using tax loopholes and any advantage the government gives him in regards to his wealth. Just like he admits to using Chinese labor for his fashion line. There's no reason to leave money on the table if it's legally there for the taking. He wants to close those loopholes and bring jobs back to America, but isn't going to shoot himself in the foot bnfore he absolutely has to. I don't get why people don't understand this.

wtf

>he will win the election easily

until you realize the electoral college decides who is president and not the popular vote