Tell me, what would stop me from going to the Congo, using cheap labour to make a section of it defendable...

Tell me, what would stop me from going to the Congo, using cheap labour to make a section of it defendable, employing mercenaries to guard it from fucking whatever, then making my fortune with organic fairtrade chocolate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sg5ed8LfR08
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Niggers

(((they)))

>Posting images from the /d/ catalog on Sup Forums
What the fuck do you think you're doing?

EVENTUALLY someone bigger would come along and kill you.

The fact that you would spend more defending your fiefdom than you would earn from your despotic chocolate trade

What, someone would attack a defended location to terminate the production of chocolate?

$2 a day per mercenary would be considered good pay if all required equipment was provided.

You're going to be undercut by rival businesses that do not have to support an army of their own, cocoa beans are not a massively profitable commodity like gold or diamonds.
You might as well set up a lemonade stand in your front yard and pay the Sicilian mafia to guard your lemons.

Beans aren't.
Chocolate is.
Not factory-made chocolate high in sugar and preservatives, but organic chocolate from the heart of Africa.
You can get an incredible price:weight ratio with the stuff, I've seen 80g bars go for the equivalent of 10USD.

They don't even make chocolate there, I saw a documentary where they took some chocolate bars to the cocoa bean pickets in Uganda and they were like "what the fuck is this stuff, you mean this is what they use these all these stupid beans to make? We never knew."

But there's not enough demand for it.

Not a reason not to start making chocolate there!

If you can undercut every other overpriced hipster organic company by doing everything cheaply at the source, there will be a lot of demand for it.

this is a pretty good idea

i assume organic fairtrade chocolate is what you kids these days are calling cocaine

A 300 million dollar CF donatiom

There won't be any more demand for it. The price of hipster shit it so high because people aren't buying enough of it to make it profitable to sell it cheaper. Normal people won't buy your shitty overpriced chocolate, ever.

Wow the pole actually understands markets good job

For weight, their prices are becoming similar.

Even if work was so inefficient that the per-worker production was 1kg per day, and shipping costs were a few dollars a kilo, you could still turn a profit by going down to prices for regular chocolate.

It's not hard to be not retarded.
Then they'll lower their prices in response, to make your already unprofitable work even less profitable.
That is, if they cared for your 100kg/month competition.

You just said they can't lower prices though, and now you're just making up stupid figures.

None of this fucking matters because he would just be lynched in maybe a week tops.

The only way he could pull it off is if he had a major financial investor who could front enough money for him to practically hire a paramilitary, then subsidize into local fighters and slowly wean off his mercenaries.

Any other scenario ends up with him being roasted with a stick going out both ends.

They can lower the prices and turn no/negative profit, if they want to snuff the new competition out before it grows.
And if you want to compete with the giants, you better know how to (and you can't, from the looks of it).

How do you expect to snuff out something with extremely low operational costs?
And the giants aren't even providing the same product.

They are producing chocolate though.

You are producing chocolate.

Just because it's a different kind doesn't matter.

When people want chocolate and have the choice to choose yours or theirs, that's competition.

There's a lot of people out there who only buy non-generic brands.

(you)

>the Congo
>a country that's almost landlocked
unless you have a supply route that isn't going to be threatened by pirates and the eventual Chinese expansion, you are fucked

logistics would be a shit show

And there's a lot of non-generic brands already. If you think that your very high-workforce solution is more cost-efficient, go ahead and try.

Non-generic brands have to pay their workers 50 times more than me.

Proof? Because your workers also consist of the mercs. Also, workforce costs aren't that important. You also need logistics, machines, etc. something that might be more expensive in Congo than where the competition operates.

Or.. He could work with a cartel or gang but that is very risky.

Shipping in the Congo can be done all by boat, there's more waterways than road.

As for machines, what would I need machines for that I can't do with sheer manpower?

Essentially you're forming a gang except instead of trafficking drugs you're transporting a legal product.

You would face a lot more issues than you can expect. There is nothing to say that your competition pays one of your mercenaries 1000 dollars to kill you in your sleep or poison your food.

You're far too sheltered to even suggest going to an anarchist society. I've been in a country where I my parents had to hire security and it's always sketchy weather they actually really care about you at all.

Your best bet would be to find a country in the later stages of a civil war, or just gotten out of a civil war and ride their low economy.

So you have no idea how economics work AND have no idea how to make your product?
youtube.com/watch?v=Sg5ed8LfR08

>Tell me, what would stop me from going to the Congo, using cheap labour to make a section of it defendable, employing mercenaries to guard it from fucking whatever, then making my fortune with organic fairtrade chocolate?

African mercenaries are unreliable.

>being this angsty
>when you somehow think that modern machinery is a requirement to make something that was invented in 1847

And what are you going to do, buy ancient machinery from ye olde machinery shoppe?
And yes, it's required, otherwise you'll get a mess.
Sorry dude, maybe try making a shitposting company or something, you aussies are good at that.

Child soldiers. While you use adult men, child soldiers can be made at a higher rate. If you have any resources in your city, a warlord will want it

Does the DRC have warlords?

HUR DUR YOU NEED A BILLION DOLLARS TO START A BUISNESS IN A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY. LOL

Of course not, it's a democratic republic.

Nope, it's Africa, the land of the kings.
You obviously need some upfront investment, you fat dumb burger.

>congo
Watch Empire of Dust, the niggers are the fault in your masterplan
You're expecting your niggers to not only be loyal but also do their jobs
They wont do either

Maybe the workforce needs a structure that ensures that workers keep each other in check.