>>85275914

Wait, aren't Light and L supposed to be intelligent?

Take a well written show (at least for 70% of it) and make it worse. Why does Hollywood do this?

i wold at least give it a try if it wasn't for the fact that i have seen the anime and know how it ends doupt they will change the story enough for me to watch tho

Honestly wasn't that bad

>Ryuk motivating him to use it
>kills two random kids that would, in the original series, lead L to find out who he is instantly.

Nice, so they can put it all on the 'demon' at the end and keep the MC good.

>kills two random kids
Kills one by decapitation, Depending on how it's done it can be chalked down to a freak accident

I'm satisfied with Death Note. I don't need another live-action adaptation this time with varieties of retards.

>Light's clothes
>Light saying motherfucker and slapping himself
>Ryuk goading Light into using it rather than not giving a fuck and watching Light do random shit for two weeks

They've killed Light and Ryuk's motivation in one short clip.

I actually kinda want to watch it now.

>Netflix series is imminent
>You witness the trailers
>A Death Note drops to the ground right in front of you
wat do?

Write my name

>write my name
>cause of death: nuke

>slowly die from radiation

well if its real then that proves heaven and hell exist so but book in safe place never using it and live the life of a good boy so i can go to heaven

Only thing that's made me want to watch it so far tbqh

Not really, if the Death Note is real then everyone goes to mu(void, nothingness)

>Dafoe as Ryuk
Everything else looks shit but I'll torrent it just for this

correct me if wrong but dident the anime say users of the death note cant go to heaven or hell

Yes. In the OVA it is heavily implied Light is the new Shinigami

Really? Any strange death in the region L narrows Kira down to is going to be suspicious as fuck. If even one of them die to a heart attack, Light would be fucked.

Yes but that doesn't actually mean there is a heaven or hell in the Death Note world. I'm fairly certain that was addressed at one point.

your right
A flashback sequence: Light remembers when Ryuk told him about where Death Note owners go after they die. According to Ryuk, they go the same place that everyone goes to because there is no such thing as heaven or hell. "All humans are equal in death."

Reincarnation or just the nothingness atheists expect?

Nah its just a void sort of like Hades Hell.

You have a similar effect as the anime, L could post a news story in all areas where there has been accidental deaths/ hearts attacks, what have you and see if he can goad Light into killing him

The ideas behind Death Note are really cool. I mean the whole idea that Light can kill anyone that he can see/knows the name of, and the whole "wants to rid the world of villains but becomes a villain thing". The mysterious detective who must keep his name and face secret lest end up losing is also pretty awesome. The way they defeat Light in the end by faking the Death Note pages is such a cool way to resolve a conflict that didn't resort to "they shoot at each other".

But the execution and details of it all are so fucking horrible. Like literally everything outside of the broad concepts is fucking shit.

really weird to see Dafoe doing so amazing and that ugly jew doing so poorly

>Light scared of Ryuk
>not calmly expecting his arrival
>needs convincing to use the Death Note
It's like they tried to remove everything that made Light interesting

Light is now a scared little white boy on a power trip

The way they dragged out the ending for two orphans to finish the job so light can be defeated was fake and gay as fuck. It was fucking stupid. Light won L lost roll credits.

which is why this is one of the Japanese anime stories that would actually be perfect for a Hollywood adaption, it could be refined into absolute kino

this is just an embarrassment.

Exactly. What a stupid asspull. "Oh haha I just had these two kids waiting in the wings if I ever died, haha". It would have been better if they just ended with L dying, or have L's machinations planned out for several months after his death so that "his investigation" continued even with him dead. Imagine a "God of the Dead" fighting a battle against a literal dead man. Might've been cool.

Yeah someone competent could've made this much better, but oh well, let's get some fucking shithead whose previous work is literal indie horror garbage and the shitty Blair Witch remake to make it. It's amazing how they somehow managed to make the details of this adaptation worse.

This

That's my point. They're almost certainly going to take L's broadcast fake out from the manga/anime because it's one of the best moments. Light had killed some petty thieves as his first victims who did not have any personal connection to him. L could easily narrow it down to Light if he kills someone remotely connected to his life which seems to be the case (I'm assuming the girl is his Misa figure and maybe even if the writing is dumb enough, which it must be because he knows their names, those guys are school bullies). The fact that he kills them without any media exposure outside his front door is just more evidence L would have. His own dad would have killed him by the first or second episode.

>You have a similar effect as the anime, L could post a news story in all areas where there has been accidental deaths/ hearts attacks, what have you and see if he can goad Light into killing him

nope

he meant after L starts suspecting people close to the Police.

Let's say FBI is investigating Light and several other people. L stumbles upon a news snippet that just outside Lights house, a teenager died violently by decapitation

and L would never stop suspecting Light

>outside Lights house, a teenager died violently by decapitation
Ah yes, the show when everyone is trying to get arrested

Yeah, after he narrows down the region he'd get every reported case of death in that region in the last year or so. Any heart attacks are an instant give away and anything so out of the ordinary like decapitation will raise suspicion.

The pathetic shit is that we're probably going to think Light did the right thing here because he prevented rape (?) and it really is going to be a "Light it's not your fault, that demon has influenced your mind!" ending. I'd give it a chance but I cannot watch Nat Wolf.

they narrow it down even further when L discovers Kira has insider information about the investigation.

then L would make straight connection to Light and would probably easily discover Kira can kill by other means than heart attack

this is so stupid exactly because Light specifically says he cannot test his powers on people he knows or are arround him because that would fuck him over

this is going to suuuck

Can Hollywood do a live action Madoka where the other world looks surrealistic enough?

That scene... isn't great...

there's several reviews out since they did a early screening at comic con. Almost all the reviews say that they added edgy, teenage problems and angst to light's and misa's character.

light isn't some high functioning sociopath with a god complex, they made him into a school shooter with a magical notebook.

this, that live action dragonball movie may actually end up being a more faithful adoption

>white

>Hi I'm Ernie Hudson

well that looked terrible
ruining Light has been outlined well in the thread
but how about the crappy CGI meaning Ryuk will be constantly hidden in darkness and out of focus

Source?

>decapitation
If L wasn't a nigger, he'd narrow the list of suspects to his school on day 1. Such a flashy death would be all over the news.

They should've just used the death note plot with new characters, instead of using the original names but completely trashing their characters

>crappy CGI
looks real to me

They could've done a The Departed type of adaptation. Instead, they pulled off this piece of shit

Dafoe with a bit of black paint would've nailed it

Honestly, this isn't nearly as bad as I expected. From the character design, it seemed that they were trying to make Ryuk spoopy instead of funny. They did tone his sense of humor down a bit, but it's still there.

What OVA? I know the anime and manga end with Ryuk tling Light that there is no heaven or hell.

Why is Light shitting himself throughout the entire scene?

Yeah. They made him into a normal guy reacting how you would expect someone to, and Ryuk is now a corrupting influence. The dynamic in the anime was much more inventive. You don't expect Ryuk to be passive or Light to take charge.

The whole point of the show is to pit two geniuses up against each other in a supernatural battle of life or death. It's like demon version of Breaking Bad but in this case Hank is just as smart as Walt. Intense, spy vs spy, battle of wits. Light figuring out what he can and can not do with the Death Note is part of his character's brilliance.

I'm not even a huge fanboy, but it was a great show. I'm all for creative changes but I don't get why adaptations have to rewrite the core concept of these stories.

it's a movie not a tv show

Sounds absolutely predictable, like what you'd expect upon hearing the premise.

get an Israeli phonebook and start saving the world

You have the Manga, Anime, 3 live action films, A 4th live action film and a prequel tv series to the fourth film, Two OVAs, A novel, and a musical.
Fucking normie scum

>i don't have a pen
>good thing you have a pen
whoever put that in the script should die of a heart attack

So why didn't light just stop killing people for like a year or two until L fucked off?

Pride. He pretty much wanted to prove he was smarter than L.

You just need to add in the context id imagine the news report will be " 2 men killed in a freak accident during school hours, witness said they were bullying a girl until a truck steered off the road running over one guy and decapitating the other.

I mean L just needs to get a list of all deaths in the last months, he can already rule out shootings thats in the ghetto unless its someone who never shouldve walked there.

L had Light figured out from nearly the beginning, within a few weeks. He just didn't have proof.

Because he was one of the prime suspects from nearly the beginning and they were surveiling him. If he stopped once they started watching him closely, it would only make them suspect him even more. Hence the potato chip kino scene.

Death Note is anime kino desu.

But the more you watched it, the more it became less of a cat and mouse game and more of "Light already planned everything out and we're just waiting for it to happen." Kinda unfair actually, it should have been equal footing. L's death felt less like "holy shit Light you're a damn genius" and more of "man L could do a better job."

>weebs complain that it's different from the original

what's the point of wanting a 1:1 adaption of something you already have

not saying it looks good but jesus christ you faggots are actually the worst

I've seen the anime, both live-action movies, the L-centric spin-off movie where he fights ecoterrorists, and the musical. I plug Hurricane and Love You More in musical threads whenever I see them. But as far as I'm aware, Death Note had no OVAs with original content, just some clip show recap bullshit that I, having finished the anime, have no reason to watch.

Also, did the novel actually get translated?

>anime kino

It shits the bed when L dies and then no one gives a fuck anymore. I was tired of Near's bullshit and asspulls by the end.
>yo all these people in these tapes
>but that guy right there is Kira

Yeah read my post. I think it kinda went downhill after L's death. Actually, scratch that.

I stopped watching after L's death.

(you) get the camera

Yes, Nice little hardback with a small slip cover

I'm just really disappointed we don't get something as equally masterful as the manga, cause that anime sure was shit.

L didn't have proof and he was not 100% sure Light was Kira (that's why he died)

If this decapitation happened in the manga, you bet your ass that L would've had enough proofs to convict Light

End your existence already.