Why does Olympic placement correlate with a country's dominance?

Why does Olympic placement correlate with a country's dominance?

The USA used to always compete with the Soviets, and now we compete with China, just like how events have unfolded on the world stage. Shouldn't there be no correlation between athletic performance and politics?

Does that make us the third most powerful country on earth?

money -> political power

money -> olympic training

Feels good to be the oldest ally of the third most powerful country on earth.

Through strategic alliances, location, defensibility, nukes etc.

big population + not 3rd world shit = olympic succes

You pushed out 50% of russias team, of course now you stand a chance. Get fucked, nigger. Nobody watches the Olympics.

>UK
>3Rd place in world dominance

My. Motherfucking. Sides.

top kek @ paper tiger china. come next olympic games, they wont have a single medal because every rice eater walking will be an irradiated emaciated stick figure

>score is kept according to socio-political entities
>not political
Anythig to do with multiple countries is political

Iirc there was some sort of super power ranking that had the US as the super power and the UK as the only one occupying the tier below. It was based on a variety of factors but mostly their ability to influence the world.

>tfw 1 in 20 chance to be born American, and even lesser odds to be white
>feels good man

Success in sports correlates to money invested into it. Well except in the case of China. There you literally have children sport slaves exclusively brought up for the olympics.

who else would it be, spaghetti-nigger?

Even less actually, accounting for birth rates.

All these privileges feel quite comfy desu.

So did the USSR

Give Luigi a break, how would you feel if you were not only a filthy italian but that your bong overlords were also picking on you?

What about Hungary?Oh yeah I forgot, we're superior

In terms of global cultural influence we're definitely in the top 2.
Regarding milItary I'd say top 4.
Political influence top 5.
Economy top 5.
Tbqh Japan, Russia, France and Germany are close competitors for third most important. Depends on the matter at hand. Germany and Japan rule economically but have reduced cultural and military clout. France is our equal (or thereabouts) militarily and economically but fall short culturally again. Russia dominates militarily but fail economically and culturally.

I think we're p comfy tbqh

The medal/population ratio is bigger in the UK's case. Ameriburgers thinking this actually reflects their worth. Kek

I don't even know why you lesser nations bother to compare militaries.

Not a valid comparison since if you add up the Soviet satellite states...

Olympic success is directly proportional to sports spending

You don't fight in every war (quite), and if you leave NATO we're going to have to defend ourselves more. Perhaps that will encourage the European countries to pull their weight though.

The World Cup only thing that matters.

Lets look at the wars america has been in since it became a super power.
korean war- stalemate
vietnam war- lost
bay of pigs- lost
somali civil war- stalemate
bosnian war- stalemate
war on terror- tip top kek
Muh military supremacy.

Lol.

Winning is a secondary objective, it's about maintaining control and destroying prospective rivals.

Then why isn't Germany beating us? Germany has a population of 80 million, while we have 60 million. Or Russia with a population of 143 million.

I didn't even know you could call it a war without U.S. involvement. Thought they were all territorial disputes, police actions, and terrorist attacks these days.

forgot pic

>Winning is a secondary objective.
you fucking wot, m8?

>destroying prospective rivals
Yeah, because some bosnians and somalis are really a threat to the us. Stop sucking burger dick, ahmed.

UK is the second most powerful country in the world. US is the only superpower and the UK is the only global power

I'm glad you guys can stand up to the might of Argentina. Strong resume.

muh tu quoque.

we beat russia even when they have their full team

you didn't even fight the russian, stupid burger.
>inb4 muh proxy wars

>Why does Olympic placement correlate with a country's dominance?

That would make Norway the most dominant country of the world during the winter half of the year.

The US got what it wanted from Yugoslavia, it broke up the last communist state in Europe.

The US actively tries to stunt the growth of the middle east and african nations by randomly doing half arsed invasions, winning is not the primary concern.

They are rivals, because they could ally with china or russia and form big anti US pacts. Hence why gadaffi and saddam had to go, they were both very anti-US.

Also the US has a massive military industry which needs to use the weapons it produces, these shitty wars are just places to trail the new tech and create new customers. Hence again winning is not so important, and probably not worth it.

Kind Regards,

Mohammed

mo money = mo sports

mfw I go to work and pay taxes so some sports fag can play all day.

Reminder we faught in Korea and were involved in the same yugoslavian campaigns, and are also involved more than anoyne other than the USA in the war on terror

mong