Why is the Black & Chrome Edition so much better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sRo0AnR7wlc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it isn't, you hipster piece of shit. Fuck you and die, this movie was made to be devoured with the eyes and removing the color information diminishes its quality.
Fuck you.

that fucking cover

I'm also fan of oversaturation, but sorry, it's not true at all.

>black and white Fury Road
That movie was one of my favorite movies of 2015, but making it black and white is pants on head retarded.

Movies were never meant to be in color B&W is superior

turning a shit movie black and white doesn't automatically make it good

>(((Black Chrome))) Edition
What did they mean with this?

Movies were never "meant" to be in black and white, it was just a technological limitation at the time.

You don't even need to buy that version to watch it in Black & White, but it's pretty good in B&W

You want to prefer the version that looks less flashy because you think that means you appreciate aspects other than visuals more and that makes you feel smarter. You're exactly the kind of person they made that version for.

why do they do this shit they did it with Logan at least when TWD did it for the first season they realized how retarded it was and stopped

The Black & Chrome edition isn't even literal black and white, did somebody actually watch it?

Less color saturation, so you get WAY more detail and definition than the color version, simply because the bright desert sun tends to white-out cameras to a degree.

Plus, the black and chrome version matched the tone of the movie in a strange way. For example, seeing Immortan Joe come out of a giant skull carved into the mountain seemed like something you would have seen in an old adventure serial.

Yes its fantastic and also by the director approved the best version of the film.

Am I the only one that think the black and white version doesn't even look good? Seriously, there's something off about it, and to me it looks obvious that the movie wasn't made for black and white and what you're seeing is an afterthought that just has fucked up colors.

I guess a lot of people don't realize this, but it takes more than removing color to make something work in black and white. The scenes have to be lit differently to deal with differences in shadows, and a whole lot of other small changes are important, too. For instance, lots of props and makeup in old Hollywood were specifically geared towards looking good in black and white and would have looked terrible in color (a good example being Karloff's Frankenstein: the makeup was green, but the monster wasn't intended to be green, it was just a color that achieved the right look in b&w). I'm sure some kind of digital processing could achieve similar results, but it doesn't even look like Miller tried.

>what is German Expressionism?

>I guess a lot of people don't realize this, but it takes more than removing color to make something work in black and white
>more

Which is exactly what they did
If you remove saturation from the original movie, you don't get the black and chrome edition

You missed the & on the side ya retard

That's because Fury Road is, apart from the soundtrack, a silent movie

The color version makes me want to barf. Unwatchable. I would give the b/w version a try

>movie is nothing more than eye candy
>let's remove the one thing that made it entertaining

>The color version makes me want to barf. Unwatchable. I would give the b/w version a try

They didn't just put it on a black and white filter, they meticulously went through each scene to make sure everything was balanced, Black and Chrome also has the dialogue removed so it's more like a silent film with a god tier score

it's so much better

like a Kurosawa film now. too bad the videogame ideals are still there though

I know you're being sarcastic, but you're too much of a mongoloid to understand what saturation means. Please stop trying so hard to be special, black and white absolutely ruins the cinematography.

>I'm so le film buff, a film composited for color looks better without color cuz uh... like yeah it's better pls give me hipster cred
Eat shit, retard.

You know realize miller wanted it to be a black and white film since the beginning, the studio denied his will so he decided to use the worst colour grading possible ever to mess with the studio but plebs ate it up instead.

>Miller always wanted black and white
Yes.
>when the studio said no he tried to sabotage his own film
No.

>>what is German Expressionism?
pretentious crap?
I don't any country seriously that produces shit like this youtube.com/watch?v=sRo0AnR7wlc

did they take out all the god awful subplots in the black and chrome edition?

if not it's probably just as bad

I like how you cant tell whats happening

>t. can't wait for every movie to be 60fps, 3d and VR 360°, it's the future sweetie ;)

>black and white digital
because of marketing.

>Black and Chrome also has the dialogue removed
fuck I might just watch it now

are you blind you fucking nerd

>With the colors he wanted.
>Just the soundtrack.
Holy crap, that sounds good.

Who cares. It's one of the shittest movies made in recent years. Bland and forgettable

So is all the dialogue actually cut? Or is it just the exact same film but in black and white?

Does it turn the sound black and white too