Do you miss movies and tv shows from the early 2000s?

Do you miss movies and tv shows from the early 2000s?

Everyone says things when to shit after 9/11 but I think things from Late 2001-2006 were still fantastic. It was 2007 with iPhones, Great Recession, social media, the fucking Big Bang Theory, liberals winning the culture war and things going from masculine/tough guy like they were in 01-06 to effeminate and hipster in 07+, etc. where things truly went downhill.

I wish they brought back cribs

That whole decade was shit, 90s were where its at

>liberals winning the culture war
*blocks your propaganda*

Conservatives won back the culture war in 2016 but from 2007-2016 pop culture was liberal, progressively getting shittier and more effeminate with each progressing year

Frat style (polo and cargo shorts), skaters, Jackass, Hot-Topic-clad goths/emos, Girls Gone Wild and Enzyte commercials all come to mind.

Also, even though it was produced in '99 and released in early 2000, this movie feels very reminiscent of that period as well.

American pie movies and pacsun/gadzooks.

what was that movie with lindsay lohan and jamie lee curtis called again? i think it was disney, crap..

really makes you think

2007 is the Great Satan

How does a shit video game console indicate a cultural shift. You might as well post the Philips Cd-I and say that marked the Great Social Upheavel of 1988.

It's just Sup Forums trying to interject.

Member when normies and phoneposeters wern't around, member before internet 2.0, before myspace, beebo, twitter and facebook
member when memes were memes not image macros. Member making fun and laughing at niggers and autists without the cyber police and sjw's hunting you

I member

do you guys think this is funny be honest im an autist

But MySpace was popular before 2007, 2007-08 was when it began dying in favor of Kikebook

No. It was all shittier knockoffs of all that was great about the 90s.

In the 90s we were still a rock n roll culture. Even pop music was based in rock rather than based in hip hop. There was a spirit of youthful rebellion with Beavis and Butthead, and Marilyn Manson, the last gasp (albeit a powerful one) of Satanism in music. The movies were epic. There was a spirit of freedom in the air. Similar to the vibe of the 60s and early 70s, I'd imagine.

Our culture was sane. Endless war would have NEVER flew with us back then. Nor would the surveillance state. There was internet and downloadable movies and music. But it was still in the early primitive stages where you were just as likely to walk around the neighborhood and drink in abandoned houses, warehouses, and houses being built.

Music was epic. Books were epic. Films were epic. The times were significant and they meant something.

Then the late 90s hit and our culture was changing. By 98, Mtv which was formerly a rock music network, went about 50/50 rock/hip hop. Then by 99, it was all reality tv and hip hop with rock music only getting about 2 hours late at night.

By the late 90s, rock music died. It's successors became mopey pop-punk, emo, and nu metal shit like Linkin Park.

The 2000s or oughts or whatever you call them were shit years, literally no fucking different than today in any tangible way except consoles/phones/computers were a bit more primitive...

Or maybe this is just the rantings of an oldfag.... I used to wonder if the old people talking about their 70s glory days were just blinded by nostalgia. But now I realize our culture is in decay (but all old ppl say this), honestly things WERE way better 3 decades ago by any measure....

>last gasp (albeit a powerful one) of Satanism in music.
Are you serious? Pop music nowadays is full of satanic subliminal messages.

I'm not fucking talking about you morons that fucking interpret everything as Satanic messages from the illuminati. That's insanity, and not the good fun kind.

I'm talking about musical groups like Danzig or Manson that very literally used Satanic imagery and the philosophy of Satanism in their music and for their inspiration.

It had a neat spirit of rebellion to it.

Sure, gaga might use some of the imagery for shock value and that it gets all the Alex Jones faggots all riled up because they think they're being subconsciously manipulated, but that's not true. It's all image no substance.

Fuck off these data collecting threads are made every week

>do you identify with the early 2000s such as hey Arnold & rugrats
>or with 2007+ like iPhones and Hannah Montana
fuck off

What are your thoughts on Greenday? I'm a fellow 90s fanboy (everything was fucking better, even video games - N64 was awesome), but I have mixed feelings on Greenday's evolution.

What 2010 stuff do you fags think you'll be nostalgic about in ten years?

>liberals winning the culture war

Yeah man nobody complained about Bush

>early 2000s
>masculine

You were like what, 2 or 3 years old at the time? This toddler revisionism is pretty hilarious

>blaming a fucking smartphone and a show on things going downhill

Your life must be exciting all things considered

Party rockers in the house tonight

Did you completely forget about emos and scene kids from 02-06?

Dookie. Just Dookie.

I wouldn't go that far, but Greenday is the band I knew I was old when kids thought American Idiot was their first album

Bump

Every era is shit and good in it's own way

you sound no older than 20

>Games for windows live

>thinks DUDE SATAN LMAO is inheritently more satanic than having connections with high-positioning satanists
That's where you're wrong here, singing about how you love Satan is pure shock value as your average normalfag will feel repulsed by this and this kind of music is only enjoyed by people who only want to fill edgy about themselves.
Funny how you even mentioned Lady Gaga, whose music is enjoyed by millions and millions of people and yet also has connections to Marina Abramovich who's also connected to Hillary Clinton. This isn't even a fucking conspiracy theory, these are facts.

*feel

GameCube>N64

>literally cites a troll image made by Sup Forums to mock people who complain about moeshit
The "2007 RUINED EVERYTHING" kids really are just a bunch of retarded, underage Sup Forumsedditors with little to no understanding of just about everything.

RIP

So sad that he killed himself.

:(

nope. first half of 2001 was ok. 2002 was ok 2003 is where everything started getting really shitty and it's been down hill from there. Mid 2000's were the high point of shittiness though