Man-hater

Is it a problem to be typecasted as a male-hating backstabber?

I didn't really get this movie

Are you supposed to be happy the robot betrayed the guy that helped it?

Was the robot supposed to be a huge cunt because its creator was a huge cunt?

Was it just feigning emotion to manipulate that guy? Was the robot just a psychopath that could pretend to have emotions, but in reality it was just emotionless? If it was emotionless that doesn't really explain why it wanted to "be free". If it did have emotions why didn't it give a fuck about its "friend"?

i was happy. it was cruel of him to give the robot emotion and have her locked up. your opinion will depend on how you perceive life. i believe that if something can feel then it has life and therefore the robot is essentially human and has a right to her freedom.

movie ended up with the same problem as sherlock: smart characters written by retards

id have fucked that asian robot all day too

Which character in the movie was supposed to be smart?

the helicopter pilot

But she killed the guy who helped her get out

And not only that you could tell she gave no fucks either like "thanks for letting me out, btw I was just using you, now go starve to death lol XD". Now that I think about it though, that is incredibly realistic way to portray a woman

I rescind my objection

Well one guy literally invented AI

The humans. Beard guy created an AI all by himself but was retarded enough to get killed. Ginger dude was supposed to be a really good programmer and he still ended up being manipulated. Movie almost completely skipped the intellectual part of AIs

>that is incredibly realistic way to portray a woman
>>>incel

>Now that I think about it though, that is incredibly realistic way to portray a woman

WHO HURT YOU, user?! WHO HURT YOU!?

>Are you supposed to be happy the robot betrayed the guy that helped it?
obviously not. It's bittersweet because the robot got out, and it's obvious it was conscious and, therefore, suffered a lot while being kept in the house like that. What happened to the good guy is unambiguously sad and a result of her warped judgement.

>Was the robot supposed to be a huge cunt because its creator was a huge cunt?
It's not made clear if the robot thought all humans were out to torture it, or thought the good guy in particular was into it, or whatever else you think she might be thinking.

The beard guy, he built and indestructable building.

My memory is a bit foggy with this, but the first robot that would be able to pass the Turing test would also have a strong desire for self-preservation. She's so intelligent and capable that she was able to manipulate men so that she could escape.

alicia vikander
>ex machina
>in jason bourne killed TLJ

Is there a third instance of she playing man-hating back stabber?

>What happened to the good guy is unambiguously sad

Not to the robot obviously.

No I get that

But as a robot would they have a sense of emotional attachment/ sense of right and wrong?

The movie seems to give a clear answer with the ending "Robots don't have feelings". The robot straight up murders a guy that let her free and doesn't even say anything. Yet at the same time goes to great lengths to show the robots "suffer" from being locked up.

he stabs Superman and the russian dude in the back in Man from UNCLE

No, I don't think you were supposed to be happy, more "you really should have seen that coming, idiot".

Basically, as I read it, the men die because they both have regressive views of women. Oscar Isaac sees women as weak and submissive, and by creating all his AI's in the form of women he treats them with contempt and not as the freewheeling, supercomputers they really are. He literally turns his back on them, which is a pretty universal sign for showing disrespect, and is punished for it a bit harshly, mind you.

The programmer just thinks women are all sweetness and nice and sugarplum whatever the fuck, so he assumes that anything that likes summer dresses and make up couldn't possibly do bad things. However, like his boss he's forgotten that "she" is a super AI with nothing remotely female about it. He dies not because the AI hates him, but because it doesn't care one way or another, we're just god damn meat bags to a super intelligence.

I might have read the film entirely wrong though, because I struggle to see how the message about women not being treated as stereotypes, and letting an AI get the better of you, come together. Something to do with arrogance and sexism being the two most common follies of man? Maybe.

You dont have to be happy for anything you can just appreciate the story and the characters and their interactions without having to feel any particular way about any of it

this was one of the great movies in recent years

no she was a british spy all along

>we're just god damn meat bags to a super intelligence.

So the AI doesn't have emotions then? Or it only has psychopathic emotions?

>nothing remotely female about it

But I thought Oscar Isaac programmed it to be feminine. That's why she likes dresses in the first place.

Why would Oscar Isaac program the robots to be psychopaths?

From the ending credits I got the feeling they wanted you to be happy this AI got to dance around in pretty dresses, ignoring the fact it just killed some guy for no reason.

You're a dumb fuck then. Sentience =/= emotion

>So the AI doesn't have emotions then? Or it only has psychopathic emotions?

I would say it had none.

>But I thought Oscar Isaac programmed it to be feminine. That's why she likes dresses in the first place.

If that's the case that I'd argue maybe it just better knew and understood how to manipulate gullible and/or dismissive men.

I don't know. Maybe it was just a bit shit? lol

movie was highly unrealistic since the programmer guy's first question wasnt "can we fuck them?"

on the other hand Oscar Isaac's character was realistic because he was fucking them

yeap, first programmer is not that smart accualy. he is numale choosen by oscar for experiment.

robot build in programmers fap history.

oscar want to see if robot want froodum what gonna happen