Why won't the Fr*Nch let go of Corsica?

>muh remnants of former colonial glory
Just let my BLACK brothers leave!

express.co.uk/news/world/915249/france-news-corsica-independence-macron-visit-conservative-party-Laurent-Wauquiez

Other urls found in this thread:

lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2009/11/30/01016-20091130ARTFIG00413-200000-enfants-de-soldats-allemands-seraient-nes-en-france-.php
youtu.be/DidypOGFtqo?t=2m43s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>Corsican nationalists have issued three core demands: equal recognition for the Corsican language, the return of jailed political prisoners to Corsica from mainland France and the recognition of a special residency status for Corsica to stop foreigners from buying holiday homes on the island.

>return of jailed political prisoners

Wait, what? What the hell is happening in France?

Corsicans are fucking nuts. Their nationalist groups are terrorist mafias

First reason:
French Constitution, first article:
>France is an indivisible, secular, democratic and social republic.
The French Republic can't be divided. Corsica possesses the status of region, so it's considered part of the Republic and simply cannot receive a special status, unlike New Caledonia, which has a constitutional right to a referendum to leave France by value of being an overseas territory, therefore not really a part of the Republic.

Second reason:
That means the only way for Corsica to leave would be a constitutional revision. However, there's only two ways to change the constitution in France. French Constitution, article 89:
>The initiative of revising the Constitution belong jointly to the President of the Republic and the Parliament.
Macron has no intention to start such a project, and his party controls the Parliament, so it's not happening.

Third reason:
Corsica has belonged to France for 249 years. Most islanders are very attached to the French Republic; I've been there, and I can testify in favor of that. Therefore, the majority would certainly not vote yes in a referendum about their independence. Independentist groups there aren't important like in Catalonia; they're just petty terrorists, larpers and mafiosos the average Corsican hates. They also realize they depend on Metropolitan France to live, as their economy isn't very good although they generate quite a bit of tourism revenue.

Their language also won't be recognized officially, because, article 2 of the French Constitution:
>The language of the Republic is French.
A constitutional revision remains impossible, and furthermore no one will want to edit such a powerful article.

>commit terrorist attack, while affiliated to whichever meme group
>"i-it was political, hah see I'm a political prisoner"

Lastly, they also won't get any sort of autonomy. Federalism is at the very opposite of French revolutionary ideals. Prior to the French revolution, "France", as a term, was barely used and people didn't refer to themselves as "French", but rather identified with their regions, their "terroirs". They were Bretons, Provencals, and Corsicans, and also "subjects of the French crown". That stopped being the case after the revolution, when everyone became "brothers". So none of the French regions have any sort of real autonomy, the power is centralized and Corsicans aren't capable of starting a referendum by themselves like the Catalonians, who have their own president.

Hope that answered your question.

Well, Algeria proved that te "indivisble" thing doesn't really matter.

That was thanks to the cucks back in France that voted to let it go. Not the soldiers

Since when soldiers take political actions? They're merely a tool of the political power.

I know that Algeria was pretty well-integrated in our country, but unlike Corsica, it was a colony, so its independence movement had legitimacy and we voted to let it go.

Thought you might have been one of those really pathetic Algerians squatting in a hotel outside of Paris. They think that they beat the French army

*Hovel

It was a military stalemate like all guerilla, basically France's Vietnam. The French army needed probably an other decade to deal with the border army.
Like Kissinger said, the guerrilla wins if he does not lose. The conventional army loses if it does not win.

Il le me semblait que légalement parlant c'était un territoire/département français comme la Corse.

They wouldn't care as much if it weren't for Napoleone.

De jure oui, mais dans les faits c'était une colonie et ce statut, grâce aux élans indépendantistes de l'époque a permis au mouvement d'obtenir une légitimité indéniable. Mais au final, on s'en fout de ça, tout ce qui importe c'est que les français en avaient marre du conflit et ont décidé de les laisser partir.

>It was a military stalemate like all guerilla, basically France's Vietnam
"No", not after opération Bleuite that is, in which French counter-intelligence corrupted what little trust FLN cells had for each other, and induced purges inside of their numbers which defeated most of their leadership.

De Gaulle rightly gauged though that it'd be too expensive to remain in control of land in which we'd embiterred the population against us, unless we were legitimized by a referendum, and everything about that was A-Ok since the FLN had mostly been ousted from Algerian politics.

We were a bit rude desu.

>La « Bleuite », appelée parfois le « complot bleu », est une opération d'infiltration et d'intoxication à grande échelle, montée par le SDECE (services secrets français) à partir de 1957. Cette opération consista à dresser des listes de prétendus collaborateurs algériens de l'armée française et à les faire parvenir jusqu’aux chefs de l’Armée de libération nationale (ALN), le bras armé du FLN, pour y susciter des purges internes.
>Décimés et découragés, les maquis de l'ALN ne purent qu’attendre le coup de grâce. Il leur fut donné, lorsque le commandement français décida de déclencher les grandes opérations prévues par le plan Challe.

wtf limage mdr

The meme I've heard said on /his/ was that French soldiers had to strip the Algerian women of villages where men were rumored to be fighting in the FLN, and if the women is shaven (as was more the custom in the ME than it was in Europe then), then it meant the women of the village were still corroborating with the FLN volunteers from their villagers, and that you could expect those men to come back soon to fuck their women (who had shaven for such purpose).

But prolly a meme like I said.

Point is, beurette fucking is ingrained in French blood.

It's a common and old meme then

>Bleuite: 1957 - 1961
>FLN forces in 1957: 50 000
>FLN forces in 1961: 200 000

Hmmmm... totally defeated them.

Nicole G, âgée de 10 ans et Danielle Michel-Chich, âgée de 7 ans, victimes de l'engrenage de la violence lors de l'attentat du Milk bar à Alger, perpétré par le « réseau bombes » de Yacef Saadi, la bombe est déposée par Zohra Drif le 30 septembre 1956.
:(

Speaking of french blood, you can find some here

>Sur les atrocités commises, de nombreux témoignagesnote 28 se recoupent : exécutions sommaires d’Européens et de musulmans soupçonnés de leur avoir été favorables40, scènes de lynchage (place d’Armes, boulevard de Sébastopol, place Karguentah, boulevard de l’Industrie, rue d’Arzew et ailleurs41), actes de torture (pendaison42, pendaison à un croc de boucher43, mutilations, énucléations).

(Vous-même)
>Les estimations approximatives établies par des sources algériennes, notamment Mohamed Téguia, indiquent que l'ALN s'est engagée dans la lutte armée le 1er novembre 1954 avec un millier d'hommes et qu'elle avait atteint son apogée en 1958 avec un maximum de 90 000 hommes (de 60 à 70 000 à l'intérieur et de 15 à 20 000 sur l'ensemble des frontières au-delà des barrages) avant de subir de sérieux revers lors des opérations meurtrières du Plan Challe durant les années 1959-1961 et de connaître une régression pouvant aller jusqu'à 50 % des effectifs, soit quelque 30 à 35 000 hommes à la fin de la guerre.
>son apogée en 1958 avec un maximum de 90 000 hommes

Don't make me get the Muslim Slayer(TM), user!

Le FLN avait plus de 200,000 soldats vers 1960-1961.

Ta source qui parle d'un maximum de 90,000 oublie les auxiliaires qui ne sont pas directement une composante de l'armée régulière.

image reliée.

>muh slayer!
Result Military stalemate,[1][2][3][4]
FLN political victory,
Évian Accords,
Algerian Independence,
End of the French colonial empire[5][6][7][8]
Collapse of the Fourth French Republic and establishment of the Fifth Republic
Territorial
changes Independence of Algeria
>Rappel que les allemands ont violé plusieurs millions de femmes françaises et produit au bas mot 200,000 bâtards

lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2009/11/30/01016-20091130ARTFIG00413-200000-enfants-de-soldats-allemands-seraient-nes-en-france-.php

Ah mince, on m'a toujours appris que Challe ça avait été le coup de grâce.

Jamais entendu parlé de ces auxiliaires avant mais ça mérite que j'y jette un coup d'oeil, merci.

Le FLN n'a jamais eu plus de 15,000 soldats réguliers en Algérie, mais 90,000 auxiliaires à mi-temps.

TG.

>left behind by Rommel's Afrikakorps
Geeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrmmmmmmmmmannny you did this too!

Le plus gros soutien au FLN reste les pays arabes, amérique latine, certains pays européens, communistes (russie, chine etc.)

A vrai dire quasiment tous les pays du monde ont aidé directement ou indirectement le FLN, même des alliés européens de la France.

M'enfin on était tellement méprisé à l'ONU à cause de cette guerre qu'on a préféré faire la politique de la chaise vide si ma mémoire m'est utile, donc ce n'est pas très étonnant.

Dernière de ces guerres "France v. le monde" d'une certaine manière.

Top kek

>Independentist groups

Try: "pro-independence" or "separatist"

That's a common mistake that all Latins make, the struggle is real. "independentist" makes so much sense.

ANNNNND this

10th division best division camarade

basé

Is Corsican dying?
I love there being lots of languages in the world and another one dying tiggers me beyond this existential plane

How would corsica even be better off independent?
they're economy certainly would not be stable

>Is Corsican dying?
>I love there being lots of languages in the world and another one dying tiggers me beyond this existential plane
youtu.be/DidypOGFtqo?t=2m43s
It's just a dialect whether Corsicans like it or not. Even Neapolitan has more legitimacy in claiming language-status.

No, it's faring much better than all the langue d'oïl dialects in France, which are practically dead.

Is French Guyana part of the Republic or does it have some kind of special status?

Yup, it's an overseas department whereas New Caledonia is an ex-overseas territory given special status.

Thus meaning it could, one day, become an independent country?

Nothing is impossible, but it would also require a constitutional revision. Although I guess our leaders would be more willing to let French Guyana go than Corsica.

go back to Algayria, nigger.

They consider killing a prefect under any political agenda and being jail then make them "political prisoners".

Because we don't want to leave beauties like this.