/sino/ - 中文

Moderately prosperous society edition

The thread for posting in Chinese and discussion about the Chinese-speaking world, culture, life, travel, economics, geopolitics, etc.

>Learning resources:
pastebin.com/KpgEG6G9
mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A

>Recommended TV Series:
movie.douban.com/tv/#!type=tv&tag=国产剧&sort=rank&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Recommended Movies:
movie.douban.com/explore#!type=movie&tag=华语&sort=recommend&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Literal Chinese cartoons:
bangumi.bilibili.com/guochuang/
ac.qq.com/event/cartoon2016/index.html

>Chinese Manga:
ac.qq.com/
u17.com/

>Online Novels:
qidian.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04
twitter.com/jeanneheo/status/958120713147228162
scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2132225/chinese-man-29-dies-after-boozy-company-lunch-and-dinner
bbs.tianya.cn/post-worldlook-653688-4.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=UVSk4NvsFZE
latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-china-taiwan-jobs-20180202-story.html
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-06/china-takes-a-hard-look-at-corporate-borrowers
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-06/bet-on-this-china-insurer-that-just-got-cheaper-in-stock-rout
ft.com/content/8d2fe954-0a75-11e8-8eb7-42f857ea9f09
ft.com/tour.
ft.com/content/70b5b0b6-072c-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5
ft.com/content/46687e24-0b96-11e8-839d-41ca06376bf2
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1517974349908.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for KMS

is peru really in chiner

什么时候中国会成为小康社会

coastal china? 5 years

inner china? 50 years

决不

晚上好法国user

>什么生词?

我学习大行星生词,火星, 木星,地球和天王星。我喜欢天王星~

dozo

Do you like Chinese food?

I am Chinese and I love Chinese food.

youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04

>tfw anticipating another crypto dip

>Slantlets BTFO

twitter.com/jeanneheo/status/958120713147228162

>filming a random dude and calling him an asshole, then acting surprised when he hits back with some racist insults

American women are disgusting

I decided I love the CCP now

>tfw

中国共产党万岁

what have CCP ever done for us

Hi /sino/,

I’ve been learning Chinese with my boyfriend in Wichita Kansas, and I’m moving for a job in Denver. I wanted to write a small thank you note to my teacher in Chinese...it’s a little beyond my admiringly meager skills so I’m using google translate.

Does pic related come out okay?

>got banned

JUST

Looks good. Send it.

they're indirectly responsible for this

I thought the verb had to come after the 给我 so "thank-you for teaching me Chinese " was 谢你给我教中文

喂, 你好

clean drinking water

oh wait no

Oh is something wrong on the note?I’m trying to write it out now...god my spelling looks like trash

scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2132225/chinese-man-29-dies-after-boozy-company-lunch-and-dinner

白酒能喝多少?

Nothing wrong with it.

ONE
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

TWO
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

chinese government needs to start anti smoking and anti drinking campaigns. these are serious public health issues

hola putos
do you want any souvenirs?
hoho

candid pictures of cute asian girlfeet

okz

peru eternally blowing out the hating ass footkrautist

chinese government needs to start foot hygiene campaigns. these are serious public health issues

can I enjoy the company of some chinese women? are you ok with this?

you have yet to provide proof of your current stay in the land known as China or also the called "The Middle Kingdom"

until such proof has been delivered it is quite obvious you are using a proxy and are indeed the cuban who i have suspected to be the peruvian for a long time

>you are using a proxy and are indeed the cuban who i have suspected to be the peruvian for a long time
Okay, this guy is losing it. The "cuban" is one faction of samefags and peru is the other(alo). El Cubano ass nigga.

Reminder that Guangzhou is getting BLACKED

bbs.tianya.cn/post-worldlook-653688-4.shtml

我们很需要非洲,需要好好经营非洲。

Is it true that all these girl feet pictures are a CIA plot for wh*Te guys to pretend to be Asian females? This brings new meaning to the acronym "Guy In Real Life".

Yes. They want you to think Asians are black. It is why "Chinese" buffets in the US serve fried chicken.

Oops, not wh*Te, but Korean.

If you suspect a CIA nigger, just tell them to say "I am God". It is their weakness. If they can't, then feel free to just execute them.

youtube.com/watch?v=UVSk4NvsFZE

三十年之内

latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-china-taiwan-jobs-20180202-story.html
So approximately 1.5 million Taiwanese go to Mainland China for work prospects. Interesting...

are there any situations when tense being non-existent/entirely dependent on context makes for difficult translation?

It's weird how nobody is paying any attention to Taiwan's demographics and emigration rates; while everyone looks at JP/ SK/ China
Hint: It looks like a horror movie

To a certain extent I think that might be due to Taiwan's irrelevance. Like outside of Taiwan's disputes with the mainland, no one cares what goes on in Taiwan. You only ever here about them in the big news channels if they get into a fight with Beijing.
Taiwan has got some serious demographic problems, worse perhaps than anyone else in Asia, especially when compounded with their lack of international recognition and stagnant economy.
I think demographics and poor economy essentially rule out Taiwan independence. Unification is just a matter of waiting, because they can't keep up the charade with 1% GDP growth and a population that is flying the coop to the mainland and abroad.
If you ask me if Taiwan had decided to go rogue in the 1970's they might have been able to get away with it. The ROC military was still strong, the economy booming, and China was poor and chaotic. That time has passed though and the tables are reversed.
总的来说台独已经没救了,北京只需耐心等待,二十年之内,两岸必然要统一。

peRU? where are you peru? you said you had 12 days left for your trip, but now you’re under a chink flag peru. are you really in China peru? we were worried SICK peru

which city are you in peru so we know you’re OK? peru? PERU!?

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-06/china-takes-a-hard-look-at-corporate-borrowers

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-06/bet-on-this-china-insurer-that-just-got-cheaper-in-stock-rout

Please use the sharing tools found via the email icon at the top of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at ft.com/tour.

Yet in January the renminbi staged its sharpest one-month rally against the dollar since 1980, in the very early days of China’s opening up to the world under President Deng Xiaoping. It has now retraced 91 per cent of its losses against the greenback since a devaluation in July 2015, as the second chart shows.

Analysts have been quick to link the move, in at least in part, to President Trump’s criticisms of the Middle Kingdom’s trade policies.

“Dollar weakness is a global trend currently and not just against the Chinese yuan,” said Iris Pang, Greater China economist at ING. “If the Chinese were to try to fight it, other economies would think that the Chinese government was aiming to start a currency war or a trade war.”

Given the backdrop of ongoing US investigations into steel and aluminium imports and China’s treatment of US intellectual property rights, as well as potential revisions to the US-Korea Free Trade Agreement, Paul Mackel, head of EM FX research at HSBC, added: “The protectionist bias of the US administration may have already indirectly placed downward pressure on dollar-Asia. It is possible that some Asian policymakers could be tolerating bilateral currency appreciation against the dollar to ward off potential US trade frictions.”

>A strengthening renminbi, and expectations of further strength to come, could encourage Chinese exporters to convert more of their dollar revenues into renminbi, Mr Kowshik said, given that the current conversion rate of 60-65 per cent, while above its 2016 lows, is still below the long-term norm of 70-75 per cent.

>Ms Pang at ING backed this argument, but suggested the PBoC might soon have to contend with a return of “hot” money, given a wide interest rate spread between China and the developed world, and the appreciation of the renminbi.

>One other wrinkle is the impact of a stronger renminbi on the rest of the world. Analysis by Bo Zhuang, chief China economist at TS Lombard, suggests that the prices of China’s exports to the US have been trending downwards in dollar terms since 2011.

>However, export prices were essentially flat last year and, given the subsequent rally in the renminbi, Mr Zhuang believed Chinese export prices would break out of this trend this year, rising by about 2 per cent in dollar terms.

ft.com/content/70b5b0b6-072c-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

>The yuan experienced its strongest monthly rally for almost forty years in January, and analysts are expecting further gains to come, even as its strength begins to hurt local businesses.

>The US dollar last month lost 3.4 per cent against the onshore renminbi, which is permitted to trade two per cent either side of a daily midpoint set by the People’s Bank of China, the central bank. That’s the renminbi’s best monthly performance since before the introduction of the managed float in 2005.

>The rally has pushed the currency past Rmb6.30 per dollar to its strongest level since the PBoC devalued the currency to boost growth in 2015, and has helped bring one heavily Asia-weighted index of emerging market currencies to its highest level on record.

>Freya Beamish, chief Asia economist at Pantheon Macroeconomics, suggested that “currency pressure is starting to hurt exports” out of China, pointing to weaker than expected results from an official survey of the manufacturing sector released on Wednesday.

>However, the PBoC is likely to be willing to put up with the pain for a few companies, according to analysts, with several revising their forecasts to predict a stronger currency in the months.

>ING, which already had a more bullish view on the currency, expects even more strength, with a 2018 forecast of Rmb6.10.

ING economist Iris Pang suggested the PBoC may be forced to step in to slow the pace of appreciation if it begins to attract more so-called “hot money” - investors who are liable to quickly move out again and potentially cause a sharp reversal - but the general direction of travel is expected to continue.

>Kiran Kowshik, emerging market FX strategist at UniCredit, said so far “authorities appear to be relatively relaxed ... compared to their attitude even three to four months ago”.

ft.com/content/46687e24-0b96-11e8-839d-41ca06376bf2

Meet the new owner of the LA times and San Diego times.

Expect few anti-China articles from now on. =)
very smart foreign policy here.

>be commie
>bull economy
>fug
China/CCP never ceases to amuse me

reminder that peru practices the art of misdirection to keep the chinito suppliers on their toes

Why? Their continued success despite all odds? If Western financial advisors had their way, China would look like India.

Surprising, huh?

what type of proofs do you want?

Im ok and soon leaving China to enter Vietnam, aka the real deal.
I will keep you all informed.
already I have one adventure to share

Post shoe on head

>Now, this may come as a surprise to you out there, but China has a very a collectivist society.

cast him.

kek I got some anxiety at the time I was again on the Shanghai Hongqiao station.
now leaving to the south.
the idea of using a cap while in China to avoid anxiety was wrong. because police here look suspicious on people with caps.
anyways Im glad Im these adventures.
a non-white alone in China.

post hotel desk with timestamp, or take a pic outside your window peru. very worried peru, I think a chinese has hijacked your persona and is posing as you

WORRIED

peru you were only in shanghai for one day peru. did you check on your Tibetan friend peru? Was he he dead peru?

yesterday I tried to find hookers to fuck in a well known city near Hangzhou.
the weather was cold the brothels.were.closed, so I walked.alone a lot.trying to find new brothels but I was unsucessful, at the end I went to a massage place. only massage no sex, the massage was great. I feel somehow more energy now.
I hate the staring.China is not.a place for me. I hope Vietnam andthe Philippines to be dofferent.

Philippines is full of brown people you'll fit in

They're catching on to him.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1517974349908.webm

they stare in Vietnam too peru

He's gonna get stabbed one day.

Vietnam and the Philippines are extremely obsessed about skin complexion (Southeast Asia in general)... Peru, cancel the trip!

Peru, cancel the trip! The Filipina girls will think you're a local.

>tfw Hispanic but not mestizo
feels good man

kys with this niggershit why any girl would want a nigger over a white is beyond me

Black guys got game.

The real question is why any girl would want to date a shrimp dick Asian.

what.do you want for souvenir?

give me the contacts of some of your fake goods suppliers peru. also take pictures of the beach in vietnam and report back to us how hot and cheap the hookers are in remote towns in the countryside

Why don't we have hookers in the remote American countryside? We should strive for domestic excellence.

hoooooooooooooooooo

me asian. me penis so small. rook at fake photos. asian women don't like black man.

Dude, you know you’re a little crazy right? You should see a therapist.

based

BASED