>for the first time in Nolan midnight screening nobody clapped
>All plebs seemed confused and some were saying it was boring
>Nolan went balls deep
>first arthouse blockbuster of 21st century

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1VLr7JBvRbM
youtube.com/watch?v=83PSymbSWBI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The scene when the German bomber was set to obliterate the brits and Ferrirer's plane is on his ass was the most intense, exciting piece of action I've seen in movies in a while

was there a crash with no survivors?

>for the first time nobody clapped

Fucking hell America I thought this was a meme

> The civilian ships arrive to save the day, flag displayed proudly
> Americans: Gee, our flag sure was different back then

Now I understand what he meant when he said it was his most experimental film since Memento. It's definitely an art-house war movie, almost Kubrickian in scope and ambition.

Was he sculpting in time?

Literally all my friends that are Nolan pleb tier fans hate this film.

Haha not enough exposition for their little minds. They all kept saying it was boring.

Fucking hell, these plebs wouldn't know film can be told through visual language.

totally

If only Chruchill was a good leader he wouldn't have gotten you guys into an unneeded war so you could maintain your empire that required the US to join in (with a requirement by the US to end your empire). British people are very obtuse, Brexit just another example of thinking you are winning but in fact now will get all your immigrants from Pakistan and Africa instead of white Poland.

can't really get excited about another ww2 movie that minimizes the US involvement. even when it is made by Hollywood's greatest fascist director.

>US
>relevant

It was literally a Germany vs Russia war

these two post made by same person

What is the Pacific theater. The US was also the manufactoring hub of the allies. The USSR also basically had zero regard for any human life (communism is funny that way) and just threw masses of bodies at the nazis to gun down till they ran out of bullets.

"Chruchill" wasn't PM when we declared war on Germany you uneducated fuckwit, it was Neville Chamberlain

cringe

ITT: autistic people who can't make distinction between real life history and and hollywood stylised film history. Stop reeeeeing its just a film it does not have to be accuarte

I wonder if the lack of dialogue and characterisation is going to limit its box office

People just seemed confused coming out of it

>the Pacific theater

Japan vs China
USA did nothing but attacking 2 weakened countries on their back. They didn't change anything

>The USSR also basically had zero regard for any human life (communism is funny that way)

remind me someone

ah yes, please go in depth about the great Chinese contribution

> cringe
I'm sorry, what?

>Americlaps

I saw it in London and the whole theatre clapped

now that nolanfags are getting ass fucked by nolan himself I'm more hyped than ever

London is full of fags

Funny because it isn't written Russia destroyed 90% of the german army
Was this pic made by a butthurt american?

how are they getting "assfucked"?

The entire island is.

I'm really tired of war movies, why would I go see this?

something like this

this picture reeks of American education
Russians don't claim that they did everything, but they did the heavy lifting in that war and they sacrificed much more than anyone was willing to
without them we'd probably be living under Nazi regime right now

It was Germany vs their impotent genetics.

I would much rather live under the Nazis than the Soviets

>they sacrificed much more
Because communism doesn't value human life in any regard contrary to what the core beliefs of that political ideology says. Patton famously even said he went after the "wrong pig" and felt (rightly so) that the USSR and not Germany was the biggest threat to humanity. Germany just wanted to retake old land they lost after WW1, the Soviets wanted to expand across Europe and eventually have a global communist system.

don't we all
but i still prefer Soviets over American capitalism(Jews)

>Because communism doesn't value human life in any regard contrary to what the core beliefs of that political ideology says

lol

I saw it yesterday.

I always hated when people exaggerated about cinema saying, "it changed my life", as if motion pictures could do that; well, that was until I saw DUNKIRK. This one changed my life and I am not even kidding.

Is bootlicking cuckery an inherent trait of mongrel genes, or is it epigenetic response to never having historical accomplishments besides destroying white civilization?

how so

>falling for the 2deep4u silent film memes
Sup Forums 2017

>PG13 war movie

Nah, still couldn't be less interested

You probably wouldn't live under Nazis since they would put you in the labour camp, force to wrok all day without food and someday you would die from the disease and no one would send a doctor to help you. Many people faced that fate. Or some German could say that you have jewish blood and no one would check on his words, they would just kill you without court or any fuss.

Then go host those white poles in your home you mong

>modern London
>British
Yeah, no

>brits are so cucked they celebrate more paki immigrants and the ending of white euro immigrants
Eternal Anglo indeed.

youtube.com/watch?v=1VLr7JBvRbM

youtube.com/watch?v=83PSymbSWBI

I stopped masturbating.

hahah you're such a troll :^)

>first arthouse blockbuster of 21st century
What is The Revenant

If you're a yank I hope you notice the absolute blatant irony of your words, always talking about cuckolding since I guess it's the national fetish go look at your demographics

>white euro immigrants

Continental delusion. No such thing exists.

>comparing a nation in the Americas to one in the homeland of whites

I saw it in Dunkirk and the whole theatre errupted.

The scene with the stuka at the end made my cry with joy

>call himself a real film fan
>activley goes out of his way not to watch dunkirk in biggest screen possible
>waits to watch it in 13inch laptop
>regrets not living life

>Many people faced that fate
jews, retards, slavs and communists are *not* people

Nolan fanboys are hilariously pathetic. Never compare him to Tarkovsky ever again.

by your standards, you aren't either

Neither are Germans

I didn't say I was a real film fan. I just don't like the babyfication of horrendous events like WW2.

I'm sure there will be some nitpicking about the definition of the word "blockbuster" here. The Revenant was pure Oscar bait -- I'd argue blockbusters don't typically open in limited release on four screens.

I'd also maybe argue arthouse blockbuster is an oxymoron, since blockbusters (IMO) tend to be made with at least the secondary goal of making a lot of money, hence the term "summer blockbuster," since people tend to do more leisure shit in summertime.

Cause it's about people primarily. It's about masculinity and survival and nationalism. old guys boat best storyline

Do you prefer turks and pakis to polish?

Get ready for sharia in 20 years britbong.
This is embarrassing even for this capeshit addicted board. Fuck off.

me make le movie grey so intense look at duh tone of my movie so dark and grim and grey ebin cinematogepi

>Pic related

>arthouse

are you sure you know what that means OP?

>20 years

>Literally zero dialogue and visual storytelling
>>very reminiscent of tarkosvky
Have you fucking seen a single Tarkovsky film? Almost always they're filled with characters reciting pages of philosophy or poetry.

>unironically calling OP's post embarrassing when you actually believe Sup Forums memes

sad

Oscar bait that any and everyone looking back at will realize was kind of a dumb and shitty film

I'm generally okay with putting your feet up if no one is in front of you obviously; I do it myself. But this goddamn animal needs to put his shoes on.

my only problem with this movie is there was no character development to speak of. The movie was shot well and had a lot of intense moments but no emotional core.

This. The funniest thing about it was everyone creaming themselves over Leo's "performance" crawling and grunting for two hours. Tom Hardy had the best performance in it and he didn't even get a nod I don't think.

>no emotional core
Explain. I felt myself rooting for the Brits to get out alive despite knowing that they already did and felt sad when the frenchie drowned

Shhh...let the Nolabbabbies name drop their "obscure" directors

>*grunts*
>muh pelts muhfuggin treeniggas

what is an obscure director?

Vatnik go home

Tarkovsky is taught in film schools worldwide. Not really obscure desu senpai

Kek, this. He is calling a fucking Nolan film arthouse so you know he's an absolute idiot.

That's why he put "obscure directors" dunce.

There's definitely a hole, but it's well amde up if you have a history sense.

The prevailing "Holy fuck m8s, we're fucked. How did we blunder that one, christ" feeling is everywhere

Will Nolan finally snag the Oscar for this?

>I'd like to thank the Academy. But above all I'd like to thank a special group of people. If you're listening big guys, this one's FOR YOU.

Is this better in IMAX or Isense?

>Leaving the EU
>Bad
Hey Hans, watcha doin?

my sides

>contrary to what the core beliefs of that political ideology says
Well they certainly have a funny way of showing that

Nigger my asshole was clenched harder and longer than any war movie I've seen in a long-ass time
Just because people aren't being turned to chunky salsa doesn't mean it's "babyfied" you cultureless mongrel

Nah I didnt know the history maybe thats why it felt like a war movie without any character development.

>N-next time..This wasn't real communism

I think thats what made the movie good. It felt more real to me.

one of the best scenes is watching him land the plane

>yfw the nazis took him hostage

Nolan sequel Tom Hardy great escape remake

>*nolan autistically winks to the camera*
>he's actually having a seizure.

Mad Max Fury Road just cannot be beaten in the action department let alone arthouse action.

>feminist road