I wish they'd stopped coming up with these over powered creatures in sci fi movies

I wish they'd stopped coming up with these over powered creatures in sci fi movies.
Alien had a similar shtick where chestbuster a size of a rat ate itself to a size of human in a matter of hours.
This movie goes even farther. This thing even being a size of a palm does massive amounts of work with almost no calorie intake.

Is that you Tom

>THIS ALIEN CREATURES DOESN'T FOLLOW ANY OF OUR RULES WHAT THE FUCK

Gee willickers, that's absurd

worst thing is how fast it grows/evolves

it still has to abide by the general energy rules of the universe

why

>pure muscle
>jaw muscle stronger than bicep muscle

Conservation laws are not "our rules"

Because it's presumably a creature that lives in our universe and thus must abide by our laws.

That said, wasn't the parasite supposed to be VENOM for Spider-Man?

Whose are they, dolphins? Because last I checked, so called scientific facts get overturned all the fucking time with new information.

how long until some idiot faggot says BUH DUH ENDING

>see a space capsule landing
>there is a guy in it
>trapped in multiple tentacles
>trying to stop you
>open it
yeah ok

>That said, wasn't the parasite supposed to be VENOM for Spider-Man?

I don't know, why don't you fucking google it and find out, better yet, stop fucking asking this in every thread.

i think it was kind of dumb that the Alien can survive in the vacuum of space

General idea of conservation of mass and energy has not seen a single disproof from the time it was first deduced thousands of years ago.

Then it wouldn't be terrifying.

Man this Movie was so fucking retarded on so many levels.

>completely wrong orbital mechanics
>ISS only having 1 radio
>the Lab doesn't even have an "airlock"
>alien is carbon based and goes to sleep when it has no air but is later seen jumping around in vaccum of space without getting tired
>alien can't be burned with a flamethrower (lmao the ISS having Flame Throwers on board nigga pls)
>alien is seen using tools but is too dumb to open a door yet at the end can perfectly land the human spaceship
>"alien will surely survive the reentry heat OUTSIDE the spaceship" (not that it would survive inside when reentry happens)
>retards put it safely into one of the rescue capsules

I really don't think so. A good filmmaker can make a common realistic organism look scary and cool without just outright cheating.

Well, the Alien is a silicon-based biomechanic weapon so it makes some sense.

>there is lab for species found in space
>it doesn't have a "nuke this room" button in case of emergency

>alien flees into the fire extinguisher system which is a closed system with several hundred PSI
>somehow ends up drinking the coolant for the radio

>carbon based
>silicon based
well, which is it?

>size of a rat ate itself to a size of human in a matter of hours.
ever tried that trick from GoT?
put a bucket with rats on your chest and start heating the bucket

the art is awesome tho
(thank me for removing the text)

What's your point?

the Alien from the film "Alien" is Silicon based
the Alien in "Life" is Carbon based.

He wasn't saying it was the size of a rat and ate something the size of a human. He was saying it was the size of a rat and then the next time you see it it's the size of a human.

Also the 'rat trick' was a well known historical torture method. It's not unique to GoT.

In the case of the Xenomorph you can sort of explain it away that it actually stored up a lot of food/energy while it was gestating. One of the (many) theories around the Xenomorph is that they're bit like a Mayfly, once they're 'born' they never actually eat again and so only have a limited lifespan in which to try and procreate.

only that it's not a superpower for a rat sized animal to eat through a chest

I was talking about how he went from a size of rat to a size of... well typical xenomorph so fast.
And in coventant it's just comical how fast they grow.
It's a lot like RPG point managing when it comes to living creatures. Sure water bears can survive a lot of things, but aside from this feature they are pretty pathetic.

I was talking about the Xenomorph from Alien, not the thing from Life.

It was extraordinary, but by no means fantastical within the realms of scientific possibilities.
It was never the size of a human.

The deaths were gruesome imo.
And the hand crunching, ouch.

fag back to redit

I didn't say it's a good movie.

>but by no means fantastical within the realms of scientific possibilities
I beg to differ. The fact that it spends so much time without oxygen alone is absolutely unbelievable. Energy that most organisms gain to do stuff is obtained through oxidation of nutritions. Here we have MASSIVE amounts of energy and close to zero food (at first when he brutally kills to people after a spoon of sugary water).
The way he eats living beings and just grows rights away out of nowhere is also dumb. The chemical reactions of proteins turning into amino acids and back to proteins again just can't be that fast. That's the reason digestion takes time.

>and thus must abide by our laws
The laws that keep changing every time something new is discovered.

>Earth animal rules.
>Applying to super alien sea slug.

There are a lot of ways in which your conventional logic is not applicable to this monster. Maybe it has an oxygen storing mechanism. Maybe it processes calories and proteins in a much more efficient and rapid way. Just because the characters didn't explicitly describe how it does this stuff, doesn't mean there's no explanation. Use your imagination. It's a movie.

Most of "our" laws are based off what we currently know, and we know very little about space and how space organisms work, since we've never encountered one.

>Applying to super alien sea slug.
>super
That's the reason it's a "meh"-tier alien tbqh.

"Organism" is nothing but the same bulk of chemical and physical reactions we've been dealing for centuries and thus must abide the known laws. That's why they're called universal laws.

the squid was meh but
>unlimited growth, intelligence and strength

whats not to love?

are you fucking retarded
the degree to which they change grows smaller and smaller
special/general relativity are almost useless for physics questions, the degree to which they shift variables is infinitesimal unless you're working with things of extreme size or extreme distance
newtonian mechanics functions for 99.999% of all the work to this fucking day
get out of here you fucking feyerabend marxist latour cuck

Go watch Star Ship Troopers. It's a great science fiction action flick in which the aliens are very killable.

Life is a different sort of movie. It's a science fiction horror film. The alien being impossible to kill by available means made it more scary. Even the ambiguity of it's abilities adds to the horror. "How the fuck is it doing that?" is a question that SHOULD be asked several times during the film. People are afraid of the unknown.