Season 1 was the most consistently good season. Prove me wrong

Season 1 was the most consistently good season. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KkU1VW5ODE4
youtube.com/watch?v=8Yredc3ayOE
youtube.com/watch?v=CY5As-RP1MM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>prove something true wrong

does anyone think ti's not?

spoilers m8

Nah, you're right mate. Any other questions?

>2+2=4, prove me wrong
Did a thinking

ned stark isnt dead, thats a faceless man.

now take your gotshit back to your containment thread.

Watch scenes from season 1 on Youtube and compare the dialogue to what we get from these newer seasons. It's actually shocking when you can immediately contrast it.

I can only agree OP.

rewatching right now and season 2 really had great dialogue, how did it go downhill so fast Sup Forums

I don't think anyone would disagree with that

That would be like proving the holocaust happened

it's a hologram

I would agree with most consistently good for sure yeah. Best season overall? That would be either 2 or 3 I think.

It was season 4 when it started going downhill and at number 5 when the quality had well and truly plummeted.

That's because the show back then took most of the dialogue from the books. Now it's OC DO NOT STEAL material by Dabids.

>Replaced Greatjon with bear loli
This show turned to shit after season 4

Game of Thrones consistently went downhill. This is irrefutable fact.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but the show died when Tywin did, however the Red Wedding spelled doom for the show.

As says, the show's "quality" is attributed entirely to ripping dialogue straight from the books and transplant them into scenes straight from the books. Dumb and Dumber are not only bad at writing scenes, they are apparently incapable.

Don't believe me? Season 6 had Tyrion quote an entire scene from Dance with Dragons while talking to Viserion and Rhaegel, and it was such a notable shift in writing quality it almost took me out of the scene.

its the only good season.

The new stuff seems really fan-pandery for some reason. In this new they're obviously setting up Cersei ans Euron to fail, while all the 'beloved' characters are doing fine and kicking ass xD, SLAY QUEEN SLAY.

Yup haha same reaction to that Tyrion scene. It would have felt totally normal if it had happened in S1-4

>Doom of Valyria
>Season 2 hypes up how cursed it is

>Season 5
>Tyrion and Jorah take a paddle boat THROUGH A VALYRIAN CITY and nothing happens

Can someone explain this?

>Season 1
>Cersei claims she will wear her bruises like a "badge of honor."
>Robert warns her to leave unless she wishes to be "honored" again.

>Season 5
>YOU WANT THE BAD PUSSY?

>Season 2 hypes up how cursed it is
They're dipshits who can't into a volcanic eruption.

Well Jorah did bring back that disease from there so it wasn't all smooth sailing

Some of the decision in S2 were retarded. Notably, grandpa Tywin

you want the bad pusy

Everyone's 10 years older than they should be, Catelyn is supposed to be quite the lovely redhead and Cersei's figure needs to be more voluptuous.

This. The only scenes with good dialogue in Season 5 and 6 are those with counterparts in the books. All those hacks D&D have to do is copy the dialogue and film the results. Case in point

youtube.com/watch?v=KkU1VW5ODE4

It's also absurdly cursed, like all their magic just blew up at once.

don't have a problem with this desu, because dance is a fantastic actor.

who would you have cast if they went younger?

I don't think anyone disagrees, season 1 was a fairly close adaptation of the first book and it was great as a result.

I feel like the real big drop was after Season 4.

*Hell, seasons 1 through 4 are pretty great mainly because they stick to the books for the most part. Things start going off the rails in 5, and by season 6 we're essentially in bad fanfiction territory, although there are still some great moments here and there (cute Sand Snake girl showing her tits, Hardhome, etc.).

Season 1 is the reason GoT has any fans. Can you imagine if it was season 5 quality?

Hardhome was not nearly as terrifying as it was implied to be in the books.

I'm also surprised the show forgot to include Val.

It's just a mini Yellowstone eruption. The world is full of medieval fuckwits which is why they think it's cursed n shit.

Is the North the only place in Westeros ruled by a man, now?

CIA is in charge of the Vale.

Riverlands
the Vale

This doesn't explain why the Doom still hangs over Valyria? I know the volcanoes of the region all erupted after the Faceless Men assassinated the sorcerers who kept them subdued, but there was still an assload of magic that was released in the Doom.

Season 2 wouldve been perfect if they still had the Renly/Stannis peach. Arya/Tywin scenes were great fanfiction compared to Dorne.

CIA is going to crash the Vale with no survivors and Robin will rise to claim the ashes as a warrior-king.

>Riverlands.
No one rules the riverlands right now right? I can see Euron claiming it again, but with Walder dead, Edmyre still in prison and the "entire" Frey family dead, isn't the riverlands leaderless?

I'm still mad they established Tysha as a common whore in Season 1.

I'm still mad they made Shae fall in love with Tyrion.

I'm still mad they forgot all of Jaime's character development in Season 2, and made him continue to love Cersei to the point of fucking her in the White Room.

>Tysha
This is the one omission I couldn't forgive D&D for. That and Robb marrying Talisa because of "fine foreign ass-candy" instead because of a moment of weakness and out of a sense of honor.

Its the same with Walking Dead.

They put all their budget into the 1st season and coast for a couple of others. The normies fucking lap it up because its the modern day equivalent of Dallas.

Imagine being GRRM after the airing of the Red Wedding. You're fat and kind of lame but everyone loves your work, you'd been invited onto talk shows and people are buzzing social media about your property. You're so happy, DwD was released and you're working on Winds of Winter.

Imagine being GRRM and discovering nobody actually cares about your books. Imagine talk show hosts casually mention how people were "shocked" at an event you wrote about 15 years ago. Imagine pointing that out, and that the audience had plenty of time to read his books since Season 1 blew up, and the talk shows immediately sandbag your comments. Imagine having lost all acclaim or fame for your works, which are growing more and more bastardized. Imagine being GRRM, a slow writer who now has to play catch up to the show everyone is watching with a book nobody will read.

Imagine people wondering why you've stopped giving a fuck about Winds of Winter.

I just realised Ilyn Payne just fucking vanished after maybe Blackwater. Where did he go?

The actor died and Dabid couldn't give a damn to recast.

He had chemo therapy so they cut him. I think he's still alive.

the actor is alive

in the books he is the one who goes with jaime to the blackfish not bronn

>why was this genre show best in the early seasons just like every other genre show ever?

I don't understand why you'd expect GoT to be the exception.

Lol, remember when Jaimie bludgeoned his own cousin for a badly planned escape attempt?

Good times were had XD

Don't worry George some of us will read your book. Just make sure to piss all over the atrocity D&D created though

The omission of Tysha just confirms to me what I think we've all suspected since Season 2, that DnD is incapable of even analyzing their source material to understand the importance of a character. All it takes, all it FUCKING takes, is one man or woman with a high school education to read the books and recognize the importance of Tysha's character to both Tyrion and Jaime (and Tyrion+Jaime's relationship.) Same with Jeyne Westerling and her replacement, Talisa.

Fuck, this is actually upsetting me. Almost three years later and I'm still mad, and people wonder why Post-Tywin Tyrion seems to be incapable of further character growth? It's because Dumb and Dumber fucking REMOVED THE SCENE THAT WOULD SPUR IT.

We will never get Jaime realizing Cersei is an unfaithful monster.

GRRM's slovenly appearance alone makes me disregard his work desu.

What was DnD even trying to do with that scene? Wouldn't it have been easier for EVERYONE involved to just include a 1-2 minute conversation after Jaime's capture that he killed Karstark's sons in the battle?

>Lol, remember when Jaimie bludgeoned his own cousin for a badly planned escape attempt?
>That and Robb marrying Talisa because of "fine foreign ass-candy" instead because of a moment of weakness and out of a sense of honor.

god I forgot how stupid this show was. Almost every awful decision in this show has been ones that deviated from the books

>pandering to normies and increased popularity coinciding with a sharp decline in quality

Any other shows where this happened?

Breaking Bad

1>4>3>>>>5

Tywin was probably the best character in the entire show and Dance was brilliant, I can't bring myself to criticize that casting

Also, The Big Bang Theory

True

You telling me that was ever good?

You'd be shocked how whitebread TBBT is compared to what it was.

that guy's criticism was stupid. Everyone is consistently aged about five or more years in the TV show, it's not a random occurrence with only the Tywin character. They said they were going to do this from day one anyway

Nah, every season has had a few boring episodes or lazy writing

Yes, reddit, it was much better in the first two seasons. Even if you disliked it, it's hard not admit it became a million times worse right after.

As we all know, Penny was the goal, the end-game, the woman that provided Leonard with a "way out," to become a Normie and finally fit in with the rest of the Normies watching the show. From the very beginning we could tell she was meant to be "yet another beautiful woman." She was a Midwestern farm-girl who moved to California on the hopes of "making it big," finding herself struggling to become an actress as she worked at a Cheesecake Factory. Her dreams were raw, her passion was undeniable, and it was because of this Leonard fell head over heels in love with her.

The early seasons were entirely about trying to get that mythical unicorn that was Penny, a pursuit that saw the gang encounter everything from manipulative whores to asshole boyfriends. Penny did not come out of this unchanged, of course; she was still an aspiring actress, but she began to take on Le Nerd mannerisms; she would come over to eat, display amusement at the wild antics of the gang (in fact, as you would note the camera often pans over to Penny laughing at the joke, breaking the 4th wall and allowing the Audience the knowledge that was a big funny.) She was turning into, in her own way, one of them.

And then it happened, the moment of truth. The Big Bang. Leonard asked Penny out, and she said yes. The show was entering the end-game, and as I stated before the producers realized they were losing their cash cow.

I cannot

The producers realized they needed to give the cast girlfriends, a way to sustain the show and keep it going; Wolowitz was a testbed for Bernadette, and while it lasted a season the character arc was painfully short. Raj was an even bigger failure, dating the redheaded Voice of Reason for a season before becoming flanderized into a vapid lady's man. It was in Sheldon they found hope, it was in Sheldon they found Amy and the long climb to Normie.

And so the producers, safe with Sheldon's ability to continue the show, allowed the relationship to run it's course; Penny broke up with Leonard for one last fuck-fest with her bull Chad and then got back together with Leonard for good. This is, ironically the nadir of her character; she had an identity crisis as her actress career was well and truly killed, and it took the desperate asspull of Bernadette "knowing a guy" that Penny got a hyper-successful career in Pharmaceutical Sales. She eloped with Leonard to Las Vegas, where they got married in an episode extravaganza that had the whole cast (and hanger-ons) visit. What a time! This had all the markings of a Series Finale, but it wasn't. The show continued, only now Penny (now the slut that settled) was married to Leonard and no longer important. She went from the focus to "yet another character", just another woman in the gang.

The Big Bang Theory was no longer about the Big Bang, the show had well and truly lost sight of what it was in exchange for the whacky antics of an autistic man-child and his frumpy girlfriend. Leonard had lost his position as the protagonist, Penny had lost her importance to the plot, and now Sheldon was the true and undisputed king of the series.

And that, my friends, is the greatest Bazinga of all.

>you're now reddit if you didn't like the big bang theory

wow excellent, I can never keep up with this stuff

And thus enters the genius of the producers, because without a clear end-goal (Leonard marries Penny) they are free to produce as many seasons as they need until the ratings enter a terminal dive. Now the show will only end "whenever", maybe when Bernadette's baby is born or when Sheldon finally becomes a Real Boy and marries Amy (as he intended to do in that famous episode, you know the one I'm talking about.) As we both know, the show will end when it wants to end regardless of the current plot.

user from earlier was asking when the show well and truly jumped the shark. In truth, it's difficult to pinpoint an exact moment the show did this, because like the mighty Mississippi it ebbed and flowed hither and tither, meandering from plot to plot with high points and lows. The Shark was jumped in the ball pit. The shark was also jumped when Leonard and Penny got engaged. When would I say the show jumped not the shark, but the Mega shark (megalodon?) I'd say when Amy and Sheldon had sex.

Good god, what were the producers thinking when they had that happen - I mean, we know what they were thinking (more views) but how the hell do you top that? Sheldon, the autistic monster of a man-child, finally stuck his Bazooper in Amy's Bazinga and did a Botswana. You can't top that. You can't top that in a million years.

It has nothing to do with Dance. The problem is the whole scene was fucking retarded. Arya doesn't kill him and he doesn't instantly know who she is and even questions her but fails to see who she is. Also Tywin wouldn't tell tales to cup bearers. Not tales that embarrass the family.

literally anything

No, he's talking about Tywin spending time on being a grandpa to Arya Stark.

Why he wouldn't use someone from his household to pour his drinks, I have no idea. I guess they just wanted more Tywin scenes. They don't really fit, though.

And, we miss out on the Roose Bolton scenes from the second book, particularly the last one where he holds an ominous meeting while naked and covered in huge leeches.

superior
youtube.com/watch?v=8Yredc3ayOE

That's not why you're reddit, you're reddit because you assume you have to mindlessly bash it because such is the life on the chan xD. It wasn't the greatest show, but it had a few redeeming qualities that make it enjoyable, however, after season 2, it became the abysmal show it is now. This is an objective fact.

Funnily enough the exact point the show became shit is when the word bazinga was first said.

They also had GRRM himself to write the scenes not in the books.
youtube.com/watch?v=CY5As-RP1MM
>It's a little neat trick you do, you move your lips and your father's voice comes out...

>you need to waste your time on every trivial sitcom that comes out or you're reddit

rofl us geeks right???

Well you could always develop your own opinions..

GOAT GoT OC.

>that laughter

I'm not even the original guy you were responding to, the series looks like shit, the basic premise is dull. Why should I waste time watching it when I could be doing anything else? I don't spend time on Sup Forums shitting on it, or summing up its plot; I just disregard it and I am perfectly in the right for doing that

>the more popular a show gets, the more it's hated by Sup Forums

I wonder if there are any shoes that buck that trend

Retarded. Haven't watched, shouldn't opine.

Now can you please stop and get over it, reddit. Nobody gives a shit you got called reddit.

fuck man, dont remember me

The north remembers

>tfw yet another great line given to another cunt character

The Simpsons

I'm a bit conflicted about them replacing Roose with Tywin in harrenhall

Both Charles Dance and Michael McElhatton played their characters very well

I wasn't talking about that

Why was DnD incapable of understanding Stannis and his character?

Is law, duty and heroism really such alien concepts to 21st century Westerners?

Arya x Tywin is just beginning of the end. It meant that they could just put two likeable characters in a scene for the whole season just because they wanted to. This fucking killed the show. It killed the epic feel of the show and made it into claustrophobia-inducing collection of rooms and overused and abused characters like Bronn, Varys, Tyrion which ruined their original charm. S2 is where you could see the show slowly turning to shit.

They're kikes, they understood it but they despised it.

Making Cercei a dindu nuffin when it came to Robert's bastards was the moment I stopped caring.

The whole made up Dany arc was trash too.

And the greatest arc in the books (Arya) was fucking ruined because they were a bunch of pansies. Arya taking her first kill at the end of book 2 is legit my favorite moment in the books.

The more they diverged from the books, the shittyer it became.

Now it pure (bad) fan fiction.

the books fell off a cliff a long time ago, don't really see what's this religious devotion to them compared to the show

>And the greatest arc in the books (Arya)

Anyway, honestly it doesn't matter. The show is shit but we have to watch it anyway. There's nothing we can do, I could write all day about how they fucked up everything. In fact I have some criticism for S1 but who gives a shit now. It's too late she's gone. The Axis should've won.

is the faceless assassin thing as awful in the books as it is on the show?