Post weird fruits from your country

Post weird fruits from your country.
Found pic related growing in a climbing plant in my backyard. I don't know it's name but I ate that silver thing that actually were like a lot of hairs attached to those little green things. It tasted like figs.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citron
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha's_hand
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>eating a wild fruit from some random plant in your garden you don't even know
what the fuck

also what kind of weird ass fruit is silver

Here's the outside

what the hell is that silver thing

Yeah I thought about that after I had eaten it, but I'm not dead so I guess it's harmless. Someone has to discover new kinds of fruits tho, it'd be cool if it was a new species and it got named after me.

>that cloth
Amerindian nation

I can go pick another and take a closer photo of them if you want.

What the fuck is that, it looks so disgusting

It's not so bad, it's kind of sweet.

I took a pic of the plant, maybe someone can identify it

el mapuche de los frutas

It's just a tablecloth I bought at the mall

I'm shit at this but can you please take a closer photo of one of the flowers
I know I can beat the autists on /an/ just give me a closer look at the flower

Why would anyone even try an unknown fruit? You should quickly throw it up.

Press F to pay respects to the fallen Argentinianon

Is this good enough?

I ate it yesterday so it's alright I think.

just by seeing the "milk" I know you shouldn't ever put it on your mouth. It's dangerous to eat plants that have that.

what the fuck

>eating random backyard plants
what le fug

I didn't eat the white stuff tho, only the silver and the green things. Also when i cut a piece of the plant it leaked that white stuff too

friends went to bali on vacation. said that place has some weird fucking fruit. had pic rel. it was pretty good, but looked like alien testicle

that's definitely not good

Judging by the form of leaf, that's not a chayote

looks weird as fuck
probably some excentric South American family, let me check APweb
>mfw
Mango and Mulberry have latex too, doesn't mean shit

I can even find those here

OP what the fuck is that silver shit

what the fuck is that and why is it silver

it's a rule of thumb that prevented me from eating weird fruits when I was a child
my cousin goes around trying all the weird fruits we have here, but they mostly taste like shit even if not poisonous

jaboticaba

guaraná

Here's a leaf

does anyone else have pitangas? they're one of my favourites

we have those things in my grocery store, they're pretty gud

looks like sayote

But that doesn't have the silver thing inside, maybe they're related?

It's called chayote m8

can't find shit
I am a total failure can't even identify a fruit from my own continent and I was the best of my class
You better ask /an/, please post results here

Maybe user discovered something?

I'm gonna try later, for now I'll think of a name for it

reddit unironically can help
reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/

Most likely from the same genus, as there's a white thing too in chayote. Still what the fuck is that silver hair? Can you record it when you touch that thing and upload it to youtube or something?

Might be an etrog.

Wait, found it. It's most likely a moth plant or kapok vine.

Based. It looks like it is.

yeah this user got it I think
>the absolute state of br*ts

>kapok vine
>considered to be poisonous to humans. Contact with its milky sap also causes skin and eyes irritations, and occasionally even severe allergic reactions in susceptible people
F

>mfw reading about it
you really shouldn't have eaten it OP
fug

you still there op?

F

it's poisonous

the sap itself causes dermatitis, i'm positive that silver thing, whatever the fuck that is, is probably much worse than the sap

RIP Argie-kun

The silver stuff is probably the hairs(?) the seeds use to drift on the winds. Like dandelions.

>The ripe fruits have been cited as edible, being relished by children (Ragonese et Martínez Crovetto, 1947). According to Hieronymus (1930), the Pajagua indians from Paraguay (the Guarani name [for the plant] 'pajagua tembi'u' means 'food of the Pajagua') eat the fruits after roasting them.
OP will be perfectly fine

Its a weed and its poisonous you retard
You will probably be fine but stay alert for symptoms

why would anyone just eat some unknown fruit
OP is bullshitting us

>Like dandelions.
a poetic end!

based Indonesia

Literally nothing wrong with eating unknown fruits as long they're not from the nightshade family and you're not a retard and are respectful
Don't be a pussy user nature is your friend
t. gets mocked because of eating weird plants all the time, never got sick

The PeruANO jokes about them eating random plants is true... dios mio...

t. hippy

I'm still here, there was a blackout. It sucks that I didnt get to name them, but thanks for the help

Who knows the name of this fruit? I saw this in front of the entrance to the funeral hall and wondered and took pictures.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citron
Pretty sure that's a Citron, possibly the Buddha's hand variety (불수감)

what's so weird about eating something new? I only ate one so there's no way I would have died if it was poisonous.

there are some delicious fruits out there that are horribly, horribly poisonous to humans

name just 1

belladonna

Yeah I thought it might be Bhudda's hand but the "fingers" look a little short.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha's_hand

While not a fruit, entire households have been killed by some monkshood being mixed into the food

is it really delicious?

You can eat one and not die so my point still stands.

It's said to have a pleasant, sweet taste but give you a fuzzy feeling on the tongue like wine. This makes it dangerous for children with stupid parents who don't teach them to not eat random stuff.
You can ingest a tiny amount of arsenic and not die. It's still not a good idea. What is the point?

If something grows in my garden I eat it, I live alone and a new food source can save me a lot of money. I'm gonna try to roast them when I make an asado as that website said

>It's said to have a pleasant, sweet taste but give you a fuzzy feeling on the tongue like wine.
fuck now I want to try them
I don't think they grow here
but well as I said here anything from nightshade family is usually a no-no

Fun fact: Because it's a potent aphrodisiac in tiny doses and a VERY potent hallucinogenic small doses and the government decided it's a good idea to not teach about the plant in schools anymore to make people forget it. Now some people poison themselves because they don't know what it is (and because it grows in many places).
Some people like it but like all nightshade plants it's dangerous and a bit unpredictable.

No idea about Peru, but I know it grows in the USA.

>If something grows in my garden I eat it

>a potent aphrodisiac in tiny doses
So eating that will make you super horny or something? wow

I learned about it in pharmacology, but that's university level
my cousin made a belladonna tea and got royally fucked up one time, went to the hospital and everything

>went to the hospital and everything
he got out too? one of my friends ate too much and now he's insane

Some parts of this plant contain atropine, as far as I know. Here people (mostly kids) sometimes confuse its fruit with another edible plant.

Yes, also the sex itself will be different because it changes your perception.
Some teenager from my town tried to experiment with it and apparently went into complete deliriant state for more than 3 days, he was hallucinating so hard he was more or less unable to normally interact with the real world but didn't realize he was hallucinating.
This is crazy shit, you have to be a grade A dopehead to take a significant amount of this.

he drank it with 4 other friends, and he was the only one that left unscathed. I don't know what exactly happened with them, but they got permanent damage

What Mulberries are you eating that have latex

>anything from nightshade family is usually a no-no
>potato
>tomato
>eggplant
>chili pepper
>bell pepper
dodged a few bullets there
>tobacco
okay that's arguable

>fuck now I want to try them
read some erowid.org reports if you'd like, they're pretty cool
the mental effects sound pretty interesting actually, it's just that the side effects seem quite unappealing. but any drug that makes you forget you've taken something is probably not a good idea. if you must Diphenhydramine which you can probably get OTC seems to produce much of the same effects with somewhat less dramatic side effects
still better to stick with dissociatives I guess

What do you mean by "perception"?
Like I fuck not because for enjoying but more like animal instinct without rational thought or something?

In Russia we have nothing extraordinary, life and nature here is pretty boring, not as boring as in Finland but anyway. We have no venom spiders that could kill a human, venom snakes are rare, the only wild animals that could hurt you are extremely rare and mostly instinct.

The most "weird" fruit we have there is hairless micro-kiwi, it's kind off weird it grows in harsh climate and yet tastes like kiwi's.

>rowing in a climbing plant in my backyard. I don't know it's name but I ate that silver thing

Well so neither your parents, nor school & university were able to teach you about surroundings?! You have no idea on what is growing in your backyard and no common sense to first check what is it before trying?! 3rd world cunt :\

It disrupts the body's ability to regulate temperature so chances are brain damage and/or organ damage.

if money is tight you just plant a few tomatoes and shit like that, you don't just eat whatever you find wtf mang

I mean it changes the things you visually see things with your eyes. Everything will seem more reddish. And sensations will feel different because the stuff also works as a painkiller of some sort.

Keep in mind these are the effects of a very small dose, in larger doses your mind will go straight to another dimension (and your body to a hospital).

Looks like a papaya. The seeds don't look like papaya seeds though/

Saguaro cactus fruit. They only appear for a short time every year, the cacti take a long time to grow, and the fruit are mostly reserved for native people to harvest. So it can be hard to get very much of it unless you own land with a bunch of saguaro on it.

But holy fuck, they are delicious. Like a rich, sweet, earthy, crunchy, strawberry.

They look a lot like kiwis but with bigger seeds, I beet they're better than store bought kiwis
I never saw this plant in my life and when I was I lived in the south which is very cold so I never saw plants like these. Also I study medicine so I'd have known if something bad was happening to me
I'm too lazy to take care of a tomato plant, and i never took care of this plant and it's growing really strong so it makes sense that it's fruit is good enough to eat.

OP IS KILL

Wew good thing I didn't eat that when I was a child. I was practically a curious child who curiously ate everything until I got poisoned from eating a certain leaf. I used it for playing as the bullets for projectiles guns though.
Thanks for the information, user.

I want to fuck that fruit.

>dodged a few bullets there
Actually there are some eye opening documentaries about this danger, eg. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes! (1978)

My family had some kind of cactus that grew these

Those are good I like so much

>I never saw this plant in my life and when I was I lived in the south which is very cold so I never saw plants like these. Also I study medicine so I'd have known if something bad was happening to me
Yeah I'm sure you'll be able to drag yourself to the hospital when you're doubled over from an allergic reaction or something. I should just stick a fork in my toaster because I'll know if I get electrocuted.