How do you write a screenplay Sup Forums?

How do you write a screenplay Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memento_Mori_(short_story)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cel text

Pirate Final Draft. It'll be awkward for the first two pages and after that you'll thank yourself every day for using FD.

All the great writers wrote with pen and paper. Don't be a faggot.

You pick a tv show or movie that was popular 20-40 years ago and you use its name for brand recognition and then you write whatever story you want to tell, just make sure you throw a couple of "callback" references for the fans of the original franchise so they can't say that it didn't have anything to do with the original.

Make sure your hero is a woman or a nigger and make your villain a white guy. Make sure none of the white male characters have any admirable traits so that you white boys don't have any heroes, and make sure to include a scene where a nigger tries to show or teach the white nerd pussy bitch how to be cool.

Make sure you're Jewish also

INT something happens
EXT something else happens

insert details that will be deleted by the script editors or ignored by the director underneath these parts.

CIA

You're a big guy.

Bane

For you.

congratulations. you are now a writer.

I've always wondered how Nolan came up with the idea for Memento.

he didn't. his brother did.

Explain.

Don't worry about screenwriting software. Don't even open any screenwriting software until you've written out every single scene and it's purpose, conflict, and character growth (FOR EVERY SCENE).

99% of amateur screenplays I've read are filled with flaws that can be avoided *if they just wrote and edited a decent outline.* That's where you find the big problems like pacing, character motivation, and if it's even a story worth telling.

Don't get ahead of yourself. You are not going to become famous. You are not going to become rich. Only like 10 screenwriters are rich. You're not one of them. Write to write a good story. Don't fucking start asking where you can send it when you've only written a third of it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memento_Mori_(short_story)

Well first you come up with a story worth telling that you think you can tell
90% of people fail this part

Then you deal with being ignored, having your work butchered, watching less talented fucks get ahead because nepotism and then not being given due credit for your work.

What a rewarding career

Main rule of Sup Forums screenplay writing is to not know the difference between a script and a screenplay, also mainly focus on making a wikipedia style plot summary for your """"""""""""""""""""""""screenplay"""""""""""""""""""""""""""" and not an actual screenplay.

It just makes formatting much easier and will save you hours of time.

Usually you start with one of two things: a cool idea vs an important message.

Cool idea: Hey man, what if I made a film about like, a guy who had no long-term memory. And he's like a detective. A detective with no memory! That progresses to: Since it's a movie about memory, maybe it should be about how we (normal people) sometimes put the truth behind us because it's inconvenient.

or it starts the other way around.

Important message: Hey man, so many times I ignore the truth because it doesn't fit into my worldview. Maybe I'll make a movie about a guy that can literally ignore the truth because his memory is messed up.

And having the movie told out of order is a product of using the theme to affect structure, which is a pretty advanced technique. Otherwise, Memento has a pretty straightforward plot if you approach it linearly.

What do I do if I end up with a legit screenplay worth making a movie about?

Find an indie producer that you trust and make friends with them

Fuck off.

see >Don't get ahead of yourself. You are not going to become famous. You are not going to become rich. Only like 10 screenwriters are rich. You're not one of them. Write to write a good story. Don't fucking start asking where you can send it when you've only written a third of it.
You're clearly not interested in writing. You're not interested in actually putting in the hours of developing story and character. You just think you can come up with a cool idea about zombies because Holllywood is so stagnant and you're going to change everything and get famous and maybe even for the first time in your life get laid but you're not you fucking asshole.

1: order three of everything from McDonalds

2: eat all of it

3: chase it all down with a bowl full of broken glass

4: wait eight hours

5: squat over a large sheet of butcher's wrapping paper

6: shit out most of your blood supply

7: collapse in it, roll around a bit

8: send it in

Why does everyone try so hard on this board..

i always imagined writing a first draft relatively easy once you have a beginning, middle, end and themes/ideas or whatever it is you want to put across in mind. refining it to the final thing being the difficult part. however, i envy people that have a good idea, like a skeleton, but are able to fully flesh it out. also i dont understand how much detail youre meant to put in between dialogue and start/end of scenes

Haha did his comment hit too close to home? Its good advice, sorry that you are too thick to understand it. I'm guessing you are some hack who thinks his screenplay will be world shattering and you are looking at places to send it without being done.

So predictable haha. Stop Larping dude. You amount to nothing.