Hack makes a film about a hack

>hack makes a film about a hack
Pottery

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gSZVLJB-7rA
youtube.com/watch?v=aN6wmwvpBSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm genuinely amused by the "Oscar-worthy" talk surrounding this.

Plot twist: Neither are actually hacks you cynical meme scum

I agree with the user in the last thread who said franco dropped the ball hard because he only had one fucking job
>I DID NAAHT!

Me too. I'm sitting here smirking, as is becoming for a gentleman of my enlightened station, at the mere suggestion that this is a good film. The smirk has now turned to a hearty guffaw. Soon I will be beside myself.

what happens if it's a bad movie?
does it mean it's more embarrassing since it was supposed to take advantage of a terrible movie?
does it make Franco look bad for exploiting TW who obviously has some kind of mental impediment?

>user criticizes a film before even the TRAILER comes out
Pottery

We just got a trailer though. The movie has also been shown at SxSW, so someone here might have seen it.

It would be a bad movie, based on a good book, based on the making of a bad movie.

Reading The Disaster Artist kind of inspired me and made me feel deeply for Tommy who is only in pursuit of his dream. I am afraid the movie will not cover the passages that made Tommy human and only mock him.

I don't understand the whole "James Franco is LITERALLY becoming the part of Tommy Wiseau" bit that's been shilled around so much

Yeah, appearance-wise it isn't bad. But his dialogue is awful. None of the weird little tones found in Tommy's accent.

Did Greg give Franco any tips on how to properly do Tommy's voice? Because I was so disappointed when I heard him trying to do it

Reddit: the actor makes a film about Reddit:the movie

this
The Room might have sucked, but Tommy got to live out his dream of making a movie. While I'm just here jerking off to Tara Tainton vids.

pure frankino. he is ahead of his time.

james franco is great though
triggered /lit/ plebs can go back

name one (1) good movie with him

Tommy Wiseau is not a hack. He's a shit filmmaker, but The Room is completely sincere, despite his revisionist stance about it being intentionally bad.

Pearl Harbor

that's why the room is good-bad, it has heart, it's not ironic shit that people like Franco make

i cant lie i laughed at the trailer

This is the end
Pineapple express
Spring Breakers

>This is the end

Funny, many americans I know laud it, but as a yuropoor, I have strictly no idea what I am supposed to find funny in that movie.
I guess it's a "Non americans will never understand" kind of movie.

we gotta start making those threads, for burgers and yuropoors

its known that yuropoors have no sense of humor so its understandable

But you guys took James Corden and John Oliver off our hands

Planet of the apes

He really looks like that guy who plays Loki

can you please take them back?

I didn't get it either and I'm from the south. I think a lot of it is people seeing celebrities they know and laughing at them in situations. The scene where they run into that demon or whatever in that neighbor's house was good and it could have been a pretty decent Apocalypse thriller but they went the random route.

says the american, how embarrassing
even low tier uk shows have more wit and humor than all your 'comedies' combined

its just about banter between celebrities

>Spider-Man
>Spider-Man 2
>Spider-Man 3

There you go, user.

God no, hope you like Russell Brand

whaat? you even have 3 in there, come on now

The only good thing he was ever involved in was some obscure sci fi show about Kennedy's assassination. Sad.

It was bad in 2007. It's aged into kino.

That show was good but I watched it more because of my waifu than Franco. Franco was serviceable but nothing spectacular.

cringe: the movie
featuring: emo dancing tobey mcguire that you didnt want to see
and retard baby james franco for most of the movie

nothing to get. it wasn't good.

Yes, she looked like an angel in it. I watched A Royal Night Out with her before and was surprised she was in this show.

MILK

>None of the weird little tones found in Tommy's accent

You can hear bits of it, but not the whole thing. Honestly I don't think anyone can pull off a Tommy Wiseau impression 100% accurately. It's just too weird

The whole movie is a circle jerk. It was garbage.

great

I don't think Franco considers Wiseau's effort to be ironic. I get the impression he's the one who is ironic about it, making fun of the film and the whole story behind. Look at his reaction when the interviewer mentions Tommy will star in the film, it's like he hates this idea of him being there that only happened because he was forced to.
youtube.com/watch?v=gSZVLJB-7rA

127 hours

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Knocked Up
Pineapple Express
Milk
127 Hours
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
This is the End
Spring Breakers

And not a movie, but Freaks and Geeks is televisionkino

He's doing a western w/ Coens right now

Greg can, if you ever listen to the Disaster Artist audiobook

>But his dialogue is awful.
Because he's not an actor good enough to emulate it properly.

Couldn't people photoshop the scene itself into the greenscreen? Making a mirroresque thing where it dwindles to infinity.

At least Room was iconic and somewhat original, Franco stuff is just bland and mediocre. Wiseau > Franco

lmao what the fuck are you a pleb?

Looks like Loki

His accent is actually great. You're just too used to hearing bad impersonations and the lines Tommy overenthusiastic dubbed over in the move. In most interviews, he sounds a lot like Franco in the trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=aN6wmwvpBSM

I actually think the original take of the scene probably sounded like that. It took Tommy hours to be able to film it right; his delivery probably was as shit and unenthusiastic as Franco gives it.

someone post the star wars one

>no head nod
Does Franco even try?

the only acceptable answers