We all agree that Terminator 1 is better than Terminator 2 right?

We all agree that Terminator 1 is better than Terminator 2 right?

I disagree

God, yes.

Only children prefer the second.

yup
filename related

yes

Yeah best part is when he wastes all those cops

Part 2 is too blue I cant even watch it.

>We all agree that
The answer is always no.

Genesys is better than both, Grandpa.

T1 was a successful experiment, but 2 is all the way superior. T2 is basically retelling of T1 just pumped up. Lame guy and machine were replaced with machine and liquid machine - which was absolutly great choice. Superb nuclear explosion vision scene, great soundtrack, over the top special effects that keep up even to todays standards. Ending in hot metal way better than stop-motion robot getting smashed by some press. T1 7/10, mostly for idea, coz it wasn't executed THAT well as laterer so, T2 10/10.

Did t2 have "you're terminated fucker"? No? Well it loses then

I love both.

I don't know why we have to fight when there are worst entries in the franchise

>Only children prefer the second.
Fact.

Just look at and especially

>what do you like better, apples or oranges

T1 was a thriller and borderline horror movie with a creepy fucking cyborg relentlessly stalking a lady with 80s hair and ice cream in her pants. T2 was an action adventure boy-and-his-pet-cyborg-save-mankind special effects extravaganza. It's like comparing Alien and Aliens. Do you like simpler thrillers done well or do you like bigger budgeted, scaled up actionfests?

That said, T1 was better.

This scene is still more thrilling than any Marvel/DC CGI fest we see today.

And it's just a stuntman jumping onto a truck

Terminator 2 has the worst John Connor of them all, this "Le DoucheBag."

>Lame guy and machine
fuck off Arnie kicks way more ass in T1

I honestly don't know.

The first was like a slasher film, but with a robit instead of some random masked serial killer. The sequel is something different entirely. At this point, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Cyberpunk horror vs. action flick
Can't compare.

>lame guy
>kyle reese
>lame guy
you have to be 18+ to post here, sorry to say

Patrician opinion coming through:
T1> T2
Alien < Aliens

Nobody likes Aliens better so thats a terrible analogy.

>Alien < Aliens

That's a pleb opinion, though

No objections to Arnold, but by lame guy i meant Kyle Reeve or whatever he was called. It was just generic protagonist-soldier.

Agreed. A terminator chasing someone works best when it's a tight little thriller. An alien killed Ripley's mates because they happend to be in the vicinity, plus it could be a part of a larger brood, so scaling it up to "us vs. the horde" works best. Not to take away from Alien, which is a fucking great movie.

>26 year old tutor fell in love with him

>t1: the terminator only starts wearing sunglasses to hide the damage that shows he's not human
>t2: the terminator pretty much immediately takes le sunglasses in a le funny scene because that's what market research suggested would be more profitable

Aliens is better

Reminder

Arnold was villain in the Sci-Fi/Horror Film Terminator
Arnold was the final girl in the Sci-Fi/Horror Film Predator
Arnie is the greatest horror film monster and hero

I'm sure market research was used to some degree back in '91, but your teenaged lack of experience is underestimating the amount of input back then that resulted from producers doing shit just because they thought it was cool and/or hip. It's similar, but it's coming from one guy's ego vs. some outside marketing group.

>because that's what market research suggested would be more profitable

Are you implying Jim gave a fuck what the market research department had to say?

If you preferred the first Alien film to the second it is actually proof of not only mental inferiority, but also genital inferiority.

they've been doing market research since the 20s

fair enough I misread but I disagree Michael Biehn is a great lead

You inferred that I'm a child because I wrote "I disagree"?

They've been doing a lot of things since the 20s. Doesn't mean that the frequency at which those things have been done hasn't changed.

he's also in the best comedy ever as well

Michael Bay go direct more Transformer movies or something.

That isn't twins, but at least you didn't post jingle all the way.

Was this actor just born old? God damn

This. T2 is objectively better. Only most reddit of contrarianfags disagree.

It is, but if your next step now is to shit on T2 then we're not in agreement at all.

Yeah, I wouldn't say Jingle all the Way is the greatest comedy ever. It wouldn't be far to be the best Comedy and the best Christmas movie

>reddit
>contrarian
Laziest trolling I've seen today

>plebian
T2

>contrarian
T1

>patrician
TSCC

>contrarian
this a buzzword used by redditors like yourself. what it's really called is having taste

>patrician
Why is John Connor always such a bad character? He was literally a lipstick wearing faggot in this one.

>. w
>
Nice reddit grammar. Name one (1) solid reason why an T2 - a heartfelt adventure packed action film with matured characters - is better than the typical flick that is T1.

T1 was a story.

T2 was studio executives recognizing that T1 was a success, Arnold in his waning prime as an actor, one more cash grab.

> Lets remake T1 in 90's EXTREEEEEME style.
> Who's the hottest band right now? GnR...cool give them a wad of cash to make a soundtrack
> Sex up that broad from the first movie and make her like a commando or some shit
> Woah....its a little too hard edge, get us that Macaulay Culkin kid to give us comedic relief
> We gotta bump up the budget. Hey lets get some of that CGI shit in here. We have a spare Amiga computer to make some cool effects!
> Can we get Quip Quiperstein on the phone? We need a catch phrase for this picture, something that appeals to our Hispanic demographic
> Great work, Hiram.....the goyims will love it

>reddit not liking T2 better because muh no kill arnie

that user is a retard but Jim is a smart filmmaker, his market research department is in his head

Why is it when Arnold tries comedy, he excels, but when Stallone tries comedy, he flops?

Why do you morons think T2 was created by suits?

The fucking gun shop scene was GOAT.

Stallone is a gear head manlet try hard. Arnold is a gear head 6'1" guy with a goofy accent, big smile, and is both intimidating and not.

yes, anyone who disagrees is the perfect example of a retard who fails to see why bigger budgets ruin a films original charm.

T1's a better and more concise slasher film, T2's a better, and more emotionally complex action film.

They both excel at what they intend to achieve. Neither can really replace or supersede the other in value.

In retrospect T2 is kinda Nolan-esque, is Nolan perhaps inspired by 90s Cameron?

I mean, I do, but you have to account for the plebs that browse Sup Forums.
Also T2 has a weird nostalgia effect for people that were around 10 at the time of release or soon after and that was their first big action movie.

T1 was a sci fi slasher, while T2 was a family action adventure. Apples to Oranges

>Why do you morons think T2 was created by suits?
why do you think it wasn't?
It has all the forensics of the Big Budget Action Kino

T H I S
H
I
S

>family
>has extremely violent sequences where people get graphically impaled and vaporized by a nuclear bomb

Terminator 1 isnt a slasher film please stop with that reddit meme.

exactly

>mom and son tag along with socially awkward killing machine from the future while avoiding a even MORE advance killing machine from the future!

>lame guy
you got me to reply, fuck you

Just like Avatar is the Disneyfied version of Aliens, Terminator 2 is the Disneyfied version of The Terminator.

Ask Yourself, whats more memorable couple?

Arnold and random soldier, like we have seen many times before? Or Arnold and liquid machine, that was literally groundbreaking movie character design?

I mean, I disagree, but that's your opinion and this is mine.

>T1
>the system is your enemy, live off the grid and fight back
>T2
>the system actually works just fine, it was just one bad apple
What happened, Jim?

nolan esque? what you mean?

>whats more memorable couple?
Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor

Arnie as the Terminator is more memorable alone than Arnie as the good guy and liquid T as the bad guy

I'm having trouble articulating it, T2 has a technical, almost banal quality to it that deflates the tension and makes it feel impersonal. The emotional stuff ends up coming off as hokey or corny, not in an endearing way. T1 had more of a punch to it.

T2 has, "Because if a machine can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too." which is a hell of a lot more poignant and thought provoking than that juvenile quote.

>BAD TO THE BONE STARTS PLAYING

That was the point. T1 had a dirty industrial cyberpunk feel. T2 had a sterile corporate software company 90s feel

no

both films are great and I grew up with T2, but I have a stronger appreciation for just the raw darkness of the first flick. That perfect feeling of unpreparedness for what horrors the future may hold.

T1 is it's a movie that shouldn't work at all, but it does and incredibly well:

It is all at once...a bit of a slasher flick, a cyber-punk action drama about time-travel and a romance, punctuated by an foreboding dark synth sound track.

and it just all comes together perfectly.

Yes. We also agree it is a shame no more movies were made after 2, right? Same with Alien (the first was also better), how odd.

>not enjoying Junior

Not always.

Part 2 has that annoying little kid in it, how can anybody seriously like that more.

Here's why T2 is fucking stupid: It breaks the whole fucking movie universe.

1. They specifically say in the first movie that only biological material can go through time, it's why they have to go naked. The liquid metal guy should not be able to time travel.

2. In T1, Reese categorically states that the humans captured the time travel machine just after Arnie was sent through. They were going to send 1 human through after him, and then smash it. No more time travel after that.

3. John Connor is meant to be 10 years old. He is clearly way older. That's fucking retarded.

4. T2 crams in a whole level of development of the T-800 that was not present in the first movie. In T1 Arnie can barely hold a conversation, communicating in very simple phrases and never displaying any emotion. In T2 he's basically a human, he can learn, express emotions, use language creatively. It's stupid. (Yes I'm aware of the deleted scene where JC "enables emotion learning" on Arnie's CPU. It's dumb.)

5. This is the big one - the sequel doesn't understand it's own created universe. It seems to think that because the audience has moved forward in time from 1984 to 1992, that the future must have moved forward as well.

ALL THE ROBOTS ARE COMING FROM THE SAME POINT IN THE FUTURE. If Skynet had super advanced liquid metal robots to send back in time, why send a shitty model the first time? If you're going to send back multiple robots, whey send them ten years apart? It's a contrivance that makes so sense and completely breaks the internal logic of the movie.

Time travel changes the future, regardless of what the characters believe. Genisys takes this the furthest, with the timeline becoming so distorted that Skynet and the future war no longer exist.

> ALL THE ROBOTS ARE COMING FROM THE SAME POINT IN THE FUTURE. If Skynet had super advanced liquid metal robots to send back in time, why send a shitty model the first time? If you're going to send back multiple robots, whey send them ten years apart? It's a contrivance that makes so sense and completely breaks the internal logic of the movie.

it's a prototype as the T-800 has even said it
it's one of its kind

>Part 2
why did you say this?

it doesn't matter what they say in T1, after you actually travel back in time you create a divergent path. I'm sure according to Reese, everything turned out exactly as he stated...but it literally didn't matter because he'd never see his timeline again.

It's a huge part of T2 that everything changed because cyberdyne literally had access to recovered Terminator parts they were using to help research technology right there in the present.

Plot twist. Kyle wasn't even planned. Orginally it was Arnold-soldier fighting a cyborg played by Lance Henriksen. It was originally supposed to have Terminator being able to blend in crowd, but impressed by Arnold tank-like appearance, they switched roles. After that, they casted Michael Biehn, coz Arnie was made into antagonist machine.

The effects in T1 don't hold up. The premise is better though.

Fpbp

YES

This.

IMAGINE being this bitter

>Travelling back in time changes the future

Except the whole point - literally the whole entire point - of the first movie is that you CAN'T change anything, and in trying to change what has already happened, you inadvertently make it happen.

Before either the T-800 or Kyle Reese had been sent back in time, they had both already existed. Everything in the movie in 1984 had already happened.

In trying to kill JC before he is born, Skynet causes him to be conceived, and in destroying the monster that would kill her baby, Sarah accidentally causes the creation of Skynet (by allowing Cyberdyne systems to salvage technology).

In that sense T1 has a metaphysical poetry to it - two eternal enemies that both create and destoy each other in a closed loop.

T2 throws all that out the window, with the classic "alternative timelines" bullshit.

you must be underage

T2's improved special effects don't make up for the awful "John and killer robot bond" shit.