Spielberg's Ready Player One trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=LiK2fhOY0nE

looks shit

is that the iron giant?

Looks pretty stupid, desu

Nothing but style and CGI barf. Shame too, because I like the book.

Someone post those passages showing how shite the book is

Reddit Memer One

yup

>Iron Giant
>DeLorean from Back to the Future
>Freddy Kruger

>2017
>doubting Steven Spielberg

>CGI barf
Why wouldn't a movie set in a virtual reality be almost entirely CGI

>Trailer for Ready Player One
>Not even a photo released for The Papers, which opens in December

because The BFG was a masterpiece huh

Fucking stoked for this, even with the author being a shitty writer the film can show some of its great ideas.
Iron Giant has basically replaced Ultraman

RLM told me CGI is bad

oh look it's Tron Legacy + Spy Kids 3 + le epic references

>They're in VR, so we have an excuse for the CG looking like shit

>great ideas
Unironically kys.

On the evidence of this trailer I've decided that ISIS, China, and the third world hordes deserve to take over the world.

White people had it all and threw it all away.

Weren't there rumors a year or two ago about this being filmed in 60fps or am I just imagining this?

>holy grail of pop culture

Some of that CGI looked like absolute shit. Still, will make a change for a blockbuster to come out that isn't capeshit.

It's Spielberg, it can't be really bad

But the chinese have terrible taste in movies aswell!

hey its Freddy

Iron Giant has replaced Ultraman as a summon! Im fine with that!

Did not like that version of Willy Wonka - Pure Imagination at all.

>Why would a movie about dinosaurs not use real dinosaurs

Your logic. You use CGI to enhance or create the really difficult things, whereas you build practical effects for the rest.

See: Titanic. Big real ship, enhanced with CGI.

That part made me kek out loud.

On the whole I'm actually kinda excited. I read the book before I realized that half of it was just a fucking list of pop culture references and the ideas behind it really sucked me in. Seems Spielberg's had the same idea.

Its literally in a game, God help you if it goes wireframe!

didn't even notice it was that

Increase in references
Shallow nostalgia
The now is void

>shitty horror synth Over the Rainbow remix starts playing

Nope. fuck this, im out.

>I like the book.

>*shits himself*
>*farts*
>"uhhh rotten tomatoes and imdb said it waz a bad movie hehehe"

that's not the song retard

they're shooting that one right now. doesnt take long to make a small drama film

>I like the book
genuinely kill yourself

Why do people have nostalgia over the 80s?
It was the worst generation in history.

>because I like the book.

>Halo assault rifle

kek

Main selling point of the "game" was how realistic it was and how some people substituted it for real life

Is the book shit?

>I like the book
What's it like being a pseudo-intellectual?

>Tron bike
>looks closer its the Akira bike
Is that honestly the only thing white people remembers from Akira?

It is, with all sincerity, the thing that taught me what people mean when they call something Reddit. I'm sure lots of Sup Forums secretly likes it, but I'm glad they're ashamed to admit it.

>don't trust most people, trust me

>whoring out Iron Giant as a plot device

FUCK YOU SPIELBERG

looks and feels like fun, unlike the book which was just pure cringe from beginning to end
i honestly don't know why i've read it whole

No.

Then again I'm an oldfag who was around for all the 1980's stuff, no idea how a millennial would take it. I mean, we all know "The Breakfast Club" and "Back to the Future" but how excited are you kids today really gonna be, about Zork and Joust.

looks really gay

this fucking garbage is a movie and nobody wants to make a simple Ringworld flick.

Just look for yourself It's glorified fanfiction, just an old man listing all the garbage he liked from when he was a teenager and trying to play it off as cool.

DUDE 80S POP CULTURE AND NERD CULTURE LMAO

Seriously though this looks terrible

The book is shit. You can be a stupid fanboy whose entire personality revolves around pop culture, but it doesn't make the writing, pacing, characterization, or any other aspect of the book good. It is a bad book that relies entirely on references to other, better things to create the fuzzy feeling of nostalgia.

I mean it'd be impossible to not CGI an entire VR world which the book is based off of.

At least the CGI looks good.

I'm actually pretty excited. The book was pretty awesome, going to be cool to see what Shillberg does with it.

I love Spielberg but that looks like shit.

>tfw one day you will be old enough, to meet a kid who thinks all the things you like are old and faggy

It's inevitable.

It's easy to read fluff.
There's nothing wrong with enjoying books like that. Its no masterpiece but I understand why some people like it.

I thought it was okay, main guy was a Mary Sue (leet haxorx)

>Ernest Cline's Holy Grail of Pop Culture

That is the most cringeworthy thing i've ever seen.

> ITT Sup Forums says negative things to look edgy

Is Ernest Cline King of the Nu-Males?

Only serious contender I can think of is Anthony Burch

If you like this book you seriously have no taste, it's just garbage

I don't think you want one, user. People will assume it's ripping off Halo.

>relies entirely
Nah, the shit with the Sixers worked as its own creation, same with Art3mis actually being a well-realized character. The kernel was some pop culture bullshit but on a whole it works.

Unlike his follow-up novel, which was trash.

It's not about the quality of the things it's referencing. Most of them are good to great. But that doesn't make building an entire narrative around references good, that's still a shit concept that deserves as much mockery and derision as it can get

Looks like a pretty bad kids action movie.

I heard the book was corny as all fucking hell though.

I mean, I browse a board that shitposts all day. I doubt any of you faggots have taste. I

Nice opinion, but no.

There aren't real dinosaurs. What a stupid fucking analogy. Nice job with the Titanic reference though, I remember when Plinkett said that too. You faggots are like Oprah viewers, you let three fat men on the internet decide what to think for you.

>Art3mis actually being a well-realized character
Holy shit, I cannot believe there is someone this stupid. She has almost literally no depth. You can sum up her entire character, her motivations, her flaws, everything, in three fucking words.

He's, under any definition of the word, not a nu-male.
He's just a hack writer that is glorifying his generation and his infancy, he's lucky enough that we live in a society where being a "nerd" is cool, so people bought his book and read it to get nerd cred.
He's an absolute garbage writer, apparently he won some poetry contests, how he achieved this feat I fear I'll never understand.

It's an entire book based around, "I understood that reference!" if you didn't live through the 1980s you'll probably be annoyed by the whole thing, but the trailer looks like they threw some newer shit in there for cross-generational appeal (i.e. Iron Giant).

I think thats duke too or is "duke"

in 2041 or whatever I expect real time CGI to be photo realistic

The book also had places that asethetically were different

Anyone who ironically thinks the social commentary, Spielberg's fun blockbuster style and yes pop culture references (which were by the way found in fiction well before capeshit) will not evaluate this film above cgi John Carter garbage, is a fool.

just how dumb are you? psuedointellectuals would never read this book.

That was really god damn cringy.

She starts off that way but when she actively tells him to fuck off, then later gets some backstory, that puts her ahead of the curve.

Book still fails the Bechdel test, but Parzival, Art3mis and H all get more thought put into them than mere plot devices (unlike the bad guy).

Duke Nukem was also there in a shot.

How does it fail the bechdel with the big SPOILER

>unironically using the bechdel test
I'll admit I thought you were trolling initially, but I guess you really are just the living embodiment of Reddit and all their shit taste.

How was it remotely cringy? Try to answer this without buzzword and memes.

>She starts off that way but when she actively tells him to fuck off, then later gets some backstory, that puts her ahead of the curve.
And for all of that, she can still be described in three words. Because Cline is that shit of a writer.

I still have no idea what this movie is about

C'mon dude, even as a retarded teen I knew the book was shit

When did trailers stop having the "THIS SUMMER..." announcer guy?

Are you talking about the guy that was secretly a tranny?
Was it that something in the book or did I just made it up? It's been a long time.

Probably when he died

>people picking cars over the motorcycle which would be faster and more nimble than everything else

what a joke, I've been with 'powergamers' and everyone would be racing the same car with the same settings.

When he died

Probably 2005-2006/

There is no substance, only meaningless references to nostalgic franchises from the 80's and the 90's.

>I like the book

>common sense media
>5/5
tip top irony

its fucking filled with nostalgia pandering holy shit. what a waste of the IPs in the film
also kaneda's bike doesn't leave a red light trail so fuck it

He wasnt a tranny, It was just a girl with a male avatar.

I guess thats a tranny GTAO terms though

I read the book years ago, before I had taste, and barring the horrific 80's masturbation I thought it was kinda fun. Simple kid's adventure, but all the future shit and VR is played with well enough.

I didn't mean that guy specifically