HEY DO YOU REMEMBER THIS?!: THE MOVIE

>HEY DO YOU REMEMBER THIS?!: THE MOVIE

youtube.com/watch?v=VE71JOvLPvE

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6owob5/ready_player_one_official_trailer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looked pretty fucking good desu.

M-M-Maybe Spielberg will make a good movie this time, r-right guys..?

Wreck it ralph electric boogaloo?

>cinematiic game changer
>holy grail of pop culture
>literally nothing but references and cgi that will look liike shit in ten years

oh boy

The CGI looks like shit now

Well that was fun

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>They called our generation "The Missing Millions"
>Missing, not because we went anywhere; there's nowhere left to go.
So why were they called the missing millions?
If they're all in a simulation, why do they actually need to physically move or walk anywhere?
Also there was about 1 scene in that trailer that wasn't dark blue

>So why were they called the missing millions?
Because they submerged themselves into VR escapism.
Jesus fucking Christ user.

Spy Kids already did this.

>no gundam and mazinger

fuck this movie

>escapism

>If i greentext I won't have to give any valid criticism of him.

I did your mom, and she still has customers every weekend.

>putting a Rush song in the trailer
Nice.

I think hes gonna streamline it and get rid of a lot of the fan wankery that Cline does!

Iron Giant replacing Ultraman will go really well with Normies.

All you faggots will be first in line. The book is great. Spielberg is past his prime, but I have faith

t. 83 iq "nerd"

>Rush

Kino

>8
Looks like the fucking Iron Giant?

Yeah, probably. I'm sure WB is taking full advantage of the core of this shitty story to plug more of their own older properties

wtf could the plot of this movie even be?

>there's treasure hidden in the VR world
>AND THE MAP IS REFERENCES TO ALL THOSE THINGS YOU LIKE
>REMEMBER STAR WARS? WASN'T IT GREAT?

>claim people who don't like something actually like the thing

>HUH HUH I SURE SHOWED THEM YEE HAW

Jesus Christ.

Is that Duke Nukem?

reddit player one

It's the Iron Giant, Duke Nukem, Freddy Kruger, the assault rifle from Halo 3, The Back To The Future DeLorean, and some bike some other shitty anime.

iron giant, akira bike, back to the future delorean

woopie?

But how will they adapt this scene?

Poorly, I imagine

Holy shit that looks awful

haha i have no life haha

wait a minute???

they replace Ultraman with Iron Giant? really??? the fuck...

Member this? memba that? wow cool explosions epin fights among best characturs so gool :DD woah that was close wow look at that wee

Book was pretentious as fuck and truly cringy in some parts DUDE FAT BLACK LESBIANS LMAO, but overall it was a fun adventure.

At the very least, I hope we can get some visual kino here, even if the story ends up lacking.

The master has finally become as bad as his apprentice

Oh boy, do I get to finally post some of /lit/'s greatest meme material on Sup Forums now?

is this real?

That's it? References? That's all that book is about?

This was kind of cringey to read.

100%.

Is there a Jurassic Park reference though? That's what I care about.

No, of course not, but it relies heavily on them to move the plot forward.

But basically the book is about this megaultra billionaire and creator of the de facto virtual reality world(s) called the Oasis, James Halliday, who upon his deathbed sets up this game within his Oasis game to find easter eggs and obtain three keys which will grant the winner the chance to win every single one of his monetary assets.

To find those keys and easter eggs you have to have a beyond autismal knowledge of pop culture references as well as weebshit.

Japan said no. It was the right move.

The book is the biggest pile of shit.

Oh and the love interest is exactly her by with a scar and her friend is a fat black girl who uses a white guy avatar.

And the kid obviously wins the prize from the egg hunt and gets given control over oasis after a fan-wank mech/robot battle where every aspie controls a mech from pop culture.

There. I saved you the hassle of reading that piece of shit.

So, references it is, then.

HE HAD
TO REENACT
WAR GAMES
WORD BY FUCKING WORD
FOR ONE OF THE PUZZLES

If you think that is good, fun or eve makes a lick of fucking sense I have some magic beans for sale which you must be clearly interested it.

Burning books isn't such a bad idea after all.

>And, of course, Kevin Smith

Every fucking time

You missed the ostrich riders from Joust

Time puts everything in its rightful place.
Seeing stuff like this makes you wonder if the nazis were so bad after all.

Is this Voldemort with a machine gun?

nigger thats just some random orc

It's like a race to list as many middle-brow, entry-level pieces of trash as possible. Does the author have no self-awareness?

What's even worse is that even with all the autistic listing, there is no in-depth references made. It sounds like the author has just read a Wikipedia page of 'popular 80s videogames' and written down a few names.

Christ this shit is terrible and if you enjoy it you should be embarrassed.

To be fair, it is literally just what one random Gen X-er liked growing up. The weird part is the way the book treats it like he has godly taste, and truly never again will such a glorious era of media come about

But the memes. The memes! Where are the shitty, normie, low hanging fruit memes God damn it

Brave Raideen is hardly entry level. It didn't even have subs in the 80s.

The problem is that he lists off the references without really doing anything that makes it believable that he or the characters are fans of these things. Same issue with The Big Bang Theory.

Fair enough, perhaps there are some obscure references, but as you say, any idiot with an internet connection could display a similar level of 'nerd knowledge' as the book does.

You only need to read the reddit thread to know how shit this is

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6owob5/ready_player_one_official_trailer/

I didn't know what that thing was but looking at the Wikipedia entry for it.
>Brave Raideen is considered the first super robot anime to reach a large U.S. audience directly. It was first broadcast in Honolulu, Hawaii on KIKU TV-13, which ran the series with English subtitles created and produced in-house. The series first hit the mainland in June 1976, Sunday nights at 6:00 P.M.

Even in reddit people admit it's poorly written.
That's when you know you're in front of trash.

>i understood that reference: the movie

Was that already
>boyhood
>lego movie
>batman lego
>every reboot ever

>People gushing about the Iron Giant
This is when I start to understand why people lose hope in the average audience. Because the Iron Giant is the worst part in this.
It's pure cynical movie-making, it's just producers in a board room that know that Iron Giant means something to people and they put it in because it can bring more people in.
It's prostitution of a meaningful icon that was originally untainted and pure.

Fuck this movie, fuck Hollywood, fuck my life.

They'll probably use video games as an excuse to have bad cgi

All this shows me is that I should have submitted some of my high school fanfic to publishing houses and I'd be rich

Its Aech. Literally on his shirt

>It's pure cynical movie-making, it's just producers in a board room that know that Iron Giant means something to people and they put it in because it can bring more people in.
From what I've heard Iron Giant is in the book itself.

What the hell did I just read? I seriously have no clue what to call this, it's just bizarre.

>his

It's just Reddit, pure and simple

There's no fucking way they got Jap Spidey and Mechagodzilla in this either if Ultraman is out. Bleh.

>ready player one
>spielberg
AHAHAHAHA IT'S FUCKING CLOCKWORK, IT'S FUCKING EXPECTED, IT'S FUCKING SHIT AHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

heh, I remember the last time Spielberg worked a movie about "missing millions." Still haven't found all those bodies lmao

guy sure has a punchable face

DUDE VIDEO GAMES IM SUCH A NERD LMAO

Fuck this pleb shit

Back to /r/altright, friendo

I'm actually a communist and you're being incredibly antisemitic by telling me, a Jew, to go to a right-wing subr*ddit just because you don't like the FACT that six million Jewish innocents were slaughtered by your beloved white MALES.

>Reddit the movie incarnate

Wanted to share this image from the other thread

Guys we found it
We found Reddit: The Movie
I guess you can't call anything reddit from now on, this is paramount

when is gaming going to stop being popular and cool ?

Spielberg is a pedophile hack

Visuals and action looks great desu. Shame it's ruined by "XDDD GET IT GUYS? POP CULTURE!!!!".

No wonder why capeshit, reboots, and sequels are constantly getting made

They have to try so hard to sell themselves now it's amazing how desperate Hollywood is now. Ripping off books and proclaiming them as some great pillar of literary work when it was just pop sci fi bullshit is hilarious. Just another weak cash grab using nostalgia as it's marketing tool .

Looks to be very faithful to the children's story it's based on.
That being said - the book is the most reddit thing I have ever seen.

>Rush starts playing

Damn, didn't expect they would be used in the new dadrock trailer trend

>some dude's bad fanfiction is literally a best-selling book soon to be turned into a Spielberg flick
What's the world coming to?

>I read this whole book

Oh god. That is a very uncomfortable mirror of how much time I wasted watching shit
It burns.

>diegoeduardo PR
>great time to be a geek

legit kys

is this lego dimensions the game the movie?

No it's Wreck-it Ralph 2

I want to die

Eh, looks better than I thought it'd be. I hope the (((Berg))) leaves out the cringy scenes. If so it probably won't be too bad. I'm just glad to see Halo represented I want it to be good and popular again. Spielberg pls don't fuck up the tv show.