There are people on Sup Forums who think there shouldn't be background checks for weapons

>There are people on Sup Forums who think there shouldn't be background checks for weapons

Seriously, why do you guys think backgrounds checks for guns is unreasonable?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/20280
wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/7720
soros.dcleaks.com/
foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/14/pence-urges-federal-probe-into-whether-clinton-granted-political-favors-to-foundation-donors.html
thewashingtonstandard.com/shadow-government-wikileaks-exposes-george-soros-controlling-clinton/
jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/dc-leaks-publishes-george-soros-files-showing-millions-contributed-to-anti-israel-causes/2016/08/14
jewishpress.com/blogs/muqata/soros-strategy-raise-the-cost-of-the-occupation/2016/08/14
twitter.com/wikileaks/status/763380671796678656/video/1
thefreethoughtproject.com/illegally-clinton-assange-assassinate/
realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/08/12/rand_paul_cia_annex_in_benghazi_shipped_arms_from_libya_to_syria.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8uofvscfAx4
gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting
dailycaller.com/2016/08/02/the-atf-is-illegally-hoarding-american-gun-owners-personal-information/
guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvmurd.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>there are people on pol who are such busybodies that they have their feelings hurt by people defending themselves

SHALL

People got by without background checks for hundreds of years. If someone really wants a gun they are going to get it. Inconveniencing me will not stop them.

CTR IS HERE TODAY BECAUSE WIKILEAKS JUST DROPPED TWO FUCKING ATOM BOMBS:

First, DOCUMENTED PROOF THAT HILLARY WAS ILLEGALLY TAKING BRIBES

LITERALLY USES THE WORDS "PAY TO PLAY"

>"Can we set up a time for a very brief call to go over our process for handling donations from donors who have given us pay to play letters? Want to make sure we have a robust process in place to make sure that donations that come in from those donors, in any form, get put into the operating account."

THIS IS IT

DO NOT LET CTR SLIDE THIS

HERE'S THE LINK:
wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/20280
wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/7720

IN ADDITION, WE'VE GOT SOME SPICY SOROS LEAKS. ALL HIS TENTACLES, HIS WHOLE NETWORK, LAID BARE:
soros.dcleaks.com/

NORMIE MEDIA EXPOSURE:
foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/14/pence-urges-federal-probe-into-whether-clinton-granted-political-favors-to-foundation-donors.html
thewashingtonstandard.com/shadow-government-wikileaks-exposes-george-soros-controlling-clinton/

jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/dc-leaks-publishes-george-soros-files-showing-millions-contributed-to-anti-israel-causes/2016/08/14
jewishpress.com/blogs/muqata/soros-strategy-raise-the-cost-of-the-occupation/2016/08/14

CLINTON STRETEGIST CALLS FOR ASSASSINATIONS:
twitter.com/wikileaks/status/763380671796678656/video/1
thefreethoughtproject.com/illegally-clinton-assange-assassinate/

RAND PAUL CALLOUTS:
realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/08/12/rand_paul_cia_annex_in_benghazi_shipped_arms_from_libya_to_syria.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8uofvscfAx4

HASHTAGS, GET IT TRENDING:
#SorosExposed
#Email20280
S A G E ' D

It is RACIS an shit, for me, a white man, to have to be scrutinized by THE MAN, when Tyrone don't has to has no background chex in the muthafuckin' hood, nigga

>Seriously, why do you guys think backgrounds checks for guns is unreasonable?
If someone is such a risk why are they not in jail?
If they are out on probation they may already legally be blocked from buying, owning or using weapons.
Why would you let someone that couldn't own a dedicated weapon have access to a motor vehicle?

I respect this narrative, my friend, however...

It almost points to a larger problem. The narrative is that firearm accessibility has become so great, that background checks are essentially obsolete. So, doesn't that mean we should be addressing accessibility as a whole, and not just at the point of sale? I don't even know what a second amendment friendly solution would be, but clearly accessibility is part of the problem we are facing with mass shootings.

What solutions do 2nd amendment proponents propose for addressing the mass shooting phenomena? I would think that gun rights advocates would want to end mass shootings more than anyone else, as they are a motivating factor for people wanting to impose limitations on gun ownership. Clearly, these incidents are not going to go away on their own, so what do we do?

fuck off champ i'm trying to shill over here

Background checks only seem logical to people who haven't experienced anything in real life.

That a a common factor between most low IQ democrats. They haven't experienced real life.

No, I don't. I own guns. My family owns guns. I'm totally fine with guns.
I don't think it should be easy for a felon or a lunatic to buy one, though. You can say shit like all you want, but even so, we can still stop individuals from walking into Wal-Mart and purchasing a firearm.
I don't see what HARM background checks could cause. You can say that they won't stop the problem, but why wouldn't they be in place? Are you a criminal? Are you mentally ill? If not, it's a non-issue and you can still purchase guns, but you're just buying into NRA bullshit that's less about freedom and more about maintaining political clout and profit. If you are, fuck off, you scum.

>It's A FUCKING LEAF episode

The more guns and fewer niggers a state has, the less gun deaths it has.

My gf got into an argument with me over this.

I said background checks don't do shit. I.e. Most criminals procure their guns through straw purchases, illegal ways, fast & furious, or they plain just slide through FBI watch (mateen).

>but user then we need psychological background check
how do you determine what is "psychologically unfit" you don't tow the state line?
>but user we need to ban people who are on the no fly list
Getting on the no fly list is extremely trivial. You want an agency to monitor people who shouldn't be buying guns, oh wait the FBI oh wait they dropped the ball.
>but user the NRA is huge and unfair!!
regardless of muh NRA, gun owners are something like 80 million in the country, a HUGE voting block for politicians
>but user we should just federalize everything
no states rights, different states have different cultures, and deserve to be governed according to their wishes
>thats such an outdated view!!!

god fucking damnit why am I dating her

Mass shootings are literally statistically insignificant.

You will never stop the monopoly on power.

Look at asian and european countries, they still use guns, or just use a katana or knife.

If someone wants to mass murder, he/she will mass murder, the tool does not matter.

I really hate this meme, but the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, especially with shit-tier police response times.

Because as it stands 80% of the guns used in crime were bought illegally. The other 20% it's the criminal's first offense and a background check didn't stop them.

Freedom.

I suggest a prompt break off.

For her sake, actually.

>I don't see what HARM background checks could cause.

Every time you buy a gun from an FFL and do a background check the ATF and FBI save that record of you and what gun you bought. The ATF was just caught a few weeks ago saving tens of thousands of records that they were lawfully suppose to destroy.

The FBI has said before about they know what kind of guns and the number of guns sold to people on the no-fly list. The NICS isn't just some quick check. It's a registry of the guns you own.

So yes, background checks do harm us.

Back in the 80's I was able to buy guns without a waiting period or background check. I paid cash at a wallmart? I think and there was no record whatsoever of me purchasing it.

Once you get a background check...well now you have a paper trail so there's a record of you buying it...oh, and the profit from the fee you pay for it goes into the general fund...and that will go up whenever they are able to do it....and the wait period goes up from 3 days, to 7 days, to who knows how long....and then you can only buy 1 pistol every 30 days (in California)...and next year we need a license to buy ammo, which costs 25 or 50 a year...and no buying ammo mail order or taking it back to CA over state lines....blah blah blah

so no, you don't want any regulation like that. Criminals get guns from other criminals anyway, and they're way cheaper then buying at a store.

>Mass shootings are literally statistically insignificant.

We have a disagreement here, my friend. My opinion is that any mass shooting is statistically significant, yet we experience more than one per day on average.

gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

I don't think anyone can accept an average of more than one mass shooting per day as statistically insignificant. Now, please understand, I'm not one of the types that thinks the solution is to abolish the second amendment. However, I think the problem MUST be addressed. But I don't think we can address the problem without first understanding its causes. The problem definitely has many facets to it, and I think one facet that many people are overlooking is the cultural aspect. 20 years ago, this thing wasn't so commonplace, but our culture has reached a point that a person only needs to be a little crazy until something like this seems reasonable. Also, please understand that when I say "cultural" I mean that in the cosmopolitan sense, not singling out any race. So how do we address the cultural phenomenon of people having a low threshold to accepting mass shootings as a reasonable response to their grievances? Because so far, I'm really only hearing, "we just have to accept it." But I can't agree with that, and I wouldn't expect most other gun violence victims to do so either.

And to expand on this user's point, the existence of a gun registry is illegal as per the Firearms Owners Protection Act.

>The ATF was just caught a few weeks ago saving tens of thousands of records that they were lawfully suppose to destroy.
Have a link to that my good friend?

dailycaller.com/2016/08/02/the-atf-is-illegally-hoarding-american-gun-owners-personal-information/

NOT

Because thoughtcrimes

Thanks.

BE

DETAINED

Because when you buy a gat here from a ffl you go fill out one on the computer and if the fbi doesn't find any sketchy shit on you then you get your firearm. Canadians not even once.

Criminals don't obey laws. Only a complete retard would subject himself to a background check that wrongfully denies people at a rate several orders of magnitude higher than it imprisons criminals.

>"Looking only to official criminal records, data over the past thirty years consistently show that the mythology of murderers as ordinary citizens does not hold true. Studies have found that approximately 75% of murderers have adult criminal records, and that murderers average a prior adult criminal career of six years, including four major adult felony arrests. These studies also found that when the murder occurred "[a]bout 11% of murder arrestees [were] actually on pre-trial release"--that is, they were awaiting trial for another offense."

>"The fact that only 75% of murderers have adult crime records should not be misunderstood as implying that the remaining 25% of murderers are non-criminals. The reason over half of those 25% of murderers don't have adult records is that they are juveniles. Thus, by definition they cannot have an adult criminal record."

guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvmurd.html

We really need to start institutionalizing liberals. Their mental illness is becoming an issue.

INFRINGED

new guns already require a background check

It's easier for a felon or lunatic to buy one that it is for you.

Background checks wrongfully deny thousands of people every year. More people than are murdered with a gun.

So fuck your feelings. Laws should be based on reality, not some simpering liberals paranoia.

the solution is, if you fuck with the 2nd, shit will hit the fan.

mass shootings to not trump freedom.. 1st step in reducing gun violence is locking up the fucking criminals that are walking the streets.

>>thats such an outdated view!!!
tell her she isn't old enough to understand

Why do you stuff squirrels into wombat eyes, while dancing?
We don't. They are already law and standard practice, except in illegal transactions, which Obama has effectively stopped going after. You cannot open the border, directly sponsor terrorist groups, and push for gangbanger clemency and then claim to care about cobtrolling the flow of illegal guns.

>We have a disagreement here, my friend. My opinion is that any mass shooting is statistically significant
you'd save more lives banning swimming pools and you'd have more luck achieving that.

I'm as pro gun as it gets but a background check is fucking common sense.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

You're supporting gun control.

You are clearly not as pro-gun as it gets.

If you want to be a gun grabbing faggot, that's fine. Just don't pretend you're pro-gun. It makes you look stupid.

yuck

All I'm getting from gun rights advocates is that we should accept the status quo. I don't think this position has the moral high ground. Am I wrong?

Not at all. We should repeal all the retarded fucking laws you monkeys managed to get passed in the 20th century that did absolutely nothing.

In the last twenty years, we've repealed a number of them while doubling the number of guns in circulation all while cutting the murder rate in half and watching as violent crime fell to record lows.

No one with an ounce of sense supports gun control at this point. Frankly, if you're morally bankrupt or stupid enough to still support gun control, you really have no business voting.

>Seriously, why do you guys think backgrounds checks for guns is unreasonable?
You don't ask permission from the government to exercise constitutionally protected rights.

>background checks already exist what liberals want is a lay off gun owners and their addresses

Our firearm rights are not subject to crime statistics.

/Thread

Instead of focusing your efforts on infringing upon the rights of law aiding firearm owners, why not focus your efforts on those who are breaking the law with firearms?

As a rule, criminals don't follow the law. So added firearm regulations will affect the law breakers least of all.

If you have a problem with violent criminals breaking the law, go after the violent criminals.
If you have a problem with mentally ill people breaking the law, go after the mentally ill.
Leave the law abiding people alone.

It appears that people are interpreting my posts as being anti second amendment when I specifically stated otherwise.

Does it sound reasonable if I were to say that your responses seem scripted since they don't actually apply to my position, but they are being posted as if they do?

>It appears that people are interpreting my posts as being anti second amendment when I specifically stated otherwise.
It doesn't look like it based on what you posted.

>Does it sound reasonable if I were to say that your responses seem scripted since they don't actually apply to my position, but they are being posted as if they do?
No, your statement does not sound reasonable.

You must understand that if you're not pro-firearm you are anti-firearm. And right now, you're really not sounding that much like a pro-firearm person.

There are fag leftist that don't think we already do background checks

There are background checks you fuck. How does no one know this? Go buy a gun, they make sure you have no felonies, drug arrests, or restraining orders.

>There are background checks you fuck.
They're ususally talking about complete background checks.

Want to see your firearm? Background check.
Want to buy ammo? Background check.
Want you loan your gun to a friend so they can try it out? Background check.

It doesn't sound like you're interested in problem solving, so I say good day.

>It doesn't sound like you're interested in problem solving,
There is no problem. The amount of yearly murders with firearms in the USA is under 10,000.
It's virtually a non-issue.

Besides, I don't need to sacrifice ANY of my rights in order to solve any "problem".
That's always the gungrabbers claim. That in order to "save lives" we must give up more and more of our rights.

Looking for solutions to problems that don't exist is a sign of mental illness.

Where the fuck are all these magical places where you can buy a gun legally with no background check? When I lived in Boston I had to take a fucking safety, class, pass a background check, and wait over a month to buy a fucking SHOTGUN. My application for a concealed carry handgun license was straight up denied, even though I'm a two tour combat vet and have actually been robbed at gunpoint.

Tfw my gf lives in backbay.... Gays & niggers my man

if you take the average of the last 6-7 years norway has more deaths from mass shootings.
that was all from 1 basic attack

it is statistically insignificant considering our population

>shall not be infringed

im sorry is something not clear?