Why did Boomers get to have easier lives than us?

Why did Boomers get to have easier lives than us?

I go to private school in America for 70k a year and take out 10k in loans per year.
My parents didn't have to take out loans and paid tuition by working a summer job.

It's not fair at all. I shouldn't have to be paying this much. College should be a right to every American, not a privilege.

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/the-us-education-bubble-is-now-upon-us-2015-11-09
youtube.com/watch?v=_QEaV5DYMs0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cus I'm a self involved little baby
things were cheaper cus everyone worked for what they wanted. if you want everything for free vote dem, if you want to work and everything at a fair price vote rep./lib

Well excuuuse me for thinking 70k a year for college wasn't a fair price.

I'm just a spoiled brat, aren't I?

To be fair to OP, his wages haven't exactly kept up with the cost of living.

You parents don't have an easier life than you because they had you

That's entirely their own fault because they made the choice of having me.

bump.

Where the justice?

Hey at least our boomer professors who grew up in a world of segregation and buying houses out of high school can lecture us about racism and privilege!

Reeeeee

Where the fuck are you going that it is 70k a year?

What are you studying if this isn't bait?

>What are you studying if this isn't bait?

I haven't decided yet. It's a pretty good school (top 50 in the US). 70k is typical for a private school in the US.

I'm thinking about psychology or philosophy desu.

You just ain't doing it right

Because the rest of the world was communism or some sort of ruin for a few years. We had free reign. It was never meant to last forever.

>about psychology or philosophy desu.

You deserve to be poor.

Rude.

>I'm thinking about psychology or philosophy desu.

kekekekeke

Major in something that will actually result in you having a skillset that is actually valuable to society. And drop the "my life is shit, it must be someone else's fault" mentality. That way, you can actually be employable and live a decent life instead of living in a shitty hovel with no marketable skills and leeching on the fruits of the labor of better people than you.

Boo hoo life's not fair, stop being a whiny little bitch

>Why did Boomers get to have easier lives than us?
because your country was dumb enough to fall for the Chicago School meme

And after going to a private school...
And after going to college and getting a degree...

You will work at McDonalds because none of that shit will help you get a Middle Class job.

The only good jobs anybody gets anymore are because of networking - they're so rare and unavailable (Unicorns) that somebody is going to have to tip you off about it.

Well at least before they tip off one of their other buddies about it first.

Im not shitting you at all. Everybody on Sup Forums that has come forward to say they have a cooshy job has, when asked to explain themselves, said it was like the above.

Either a "bunch of hoops to jump through" or its a job that doesnt exist anymore (but they found the one place that is still around) or some shit like that.

You're fucking retarded. Anyone can go to school at a top-tier State university for $20,000/year - room and board included. OP just has to take fucking responsibility for his shitty financial decisions.

There is still an easy path to the middle class but many people are too entitled and stupid to take it.

Why are you not studying to be an electrician?

>parents didnt even go to college
>just walked in and got a job literally
>dad always says "hurr just use one of them websites they are always hiring you can get a job paying more than what I make!"
>tell him it doesnt work like that
>he just calls me lazy and looks at me like I am a piece of shit

How the fuck am I going to pay my loans back then? I'm already 20k in debt.

I don't have connections. My mom is a roastie whore and my dad is a deadbeat who skips childsupport payments. I have bad social skills so I'm no good at networking.

>psychology or philosophy

jesus christ, if your spending 70k for education, do it for something useful at least

I would agree about this...

Unless its Big10 school, and even that only helps with certain kinds of jobs...

Simply having a Bachelor's Degree is good enough to fulfill the requirement.

That means even the cheapest, but accredited, 4 year college will do.

Some colleges may even be cheap but known for one of the degree programs they have, which is just as noteworthy as going to a Big10 college.

For example there's a college about an hour's drive from here called SIU which has an excellent engineering and automotive program. They have international students that come from all over the world to go there for that. You go there for that and its noteworthy but I think its like $15 grand a year. Used to be even cheaper before the state fucked things up with the college funding.

(when I went there in the early 00's it cost me $3k per semester before housing)

This normie drowns in pussy. I fucked two different chick's this weekend.
Swallow that red pill faggot

You're trapped.
The system was designed to work this way.
(((they))) have you in the snare.

there's a (((reason))) they made it unavailable to bankruptcy out of them

20K loans is small by the way.
---small---

Because your boomers spent the money on themselves and not on future generations like ours

At least I have suicide as a last resort.

(((They))) can't force a dead man to pay back his loans.

Blame your parents.

The duty of the all generations is to assure the wellbeing of the next

>no idea how economics work
>thinks "youths just don't work hard enough"
>denies that 30 years ago you could walk into a business with a help wanted sign and get a job with no resume or interview or experience required.
your opinions are worthless

Boomers just don't get it. They project their own easy life when they were young and think it applies to all generations. They are spoiled rotten pieces of shit. Not all of course.

You now need 2 years experience to get a job scooping icecream.

The market has changed. Basic income is on the horizon. Nothing else would solve it. All you end up doing is making people have false hopes and guilt trips.

How should I get back at them?

When they're old, put them into a nursing home, and when they ask to be put somewhere nicer, tell them to take out a loan.

Shove them into the worst old age home in your local area.

10/10 kek

sounds D E V I L I S H

I'll be sure to do that if I haven't killed myself by then.

Because the government ruined the economy

Spending this much to read glorified wikipedia pages? Wow.

Leave and never come back

should've felt the Bern, OP

Dear americans
These colleges cost that much for a simple reason. If that amount of money is a problem for you, you're not part of the population that's supposed to get an education like that. That's why tuition has increased by those amounts. The rich thought they can keep the poorfags out of college by making it ridicoulusly expensive (so their kids have it easier getting jobs), thinking no non-millionaire would be that retarded and go that massively in-debt for pic related. Turns out they would, and the student debt bubble has already outgrown the housing bubble from last decade. Oh well. Good luck have fun.

>has already outgrown the housing bubble from last decade.
nvm that's actually wrong:
>Over the past 10 years, the combination of higher tuition fees, more student enrollment, and greater reliance on loans has caused the stock of outstanding student debt nearly to triple. It now stands at well over $1.2 trillion, more than 60% of which is held by the bottom quartile of households (those with a net worth of less than $8,500).
>Today, seven of 10 post-secondary students graduate with debt, with the total volume exceeding debt from credit cards and auto loans combined. Moreover, student loans constitute 45% of federally owned financial assets.
marketwatch.com/story/the-us-education-bubble-is-now-upon-us-2015-11-09

>The duty of the all generations is to assure the wellbeing of the next

This is the reason why my generation, generation Y, is so poor, so mentally ill, so in debt, and so confused. Because our parent's generation, the boomers and gen X really do believe that they DON'T have a moral obligation to insure the prosperity of the next generation. In fact, many of them WANT gen Y to fail because they see them as competition.

The reason why "walk into a shop and shake the boss's hand" worked in the past was because previous generations TRAINED their employees straight out of high-school. No experience, certifications, or third party education necessary, just a high-school diploma and a will to work will due.

The boomers and gen X really do believe that they have no obligation to train anyone, and think that for profit schools and professors should do it for them. Its disgusting. Humanity has worked very hard to train the next generation in all of human history. Even animals work very hard to train their young.

College professors have never even agreed to this idea that its their job to train the next generation of employers. Your psychology and philosophy professors that your paying 70k a year to have never even agreed to this idea.

>white student
>qualifying for a scholarship
o im laffin

What I don't get is that there are people saying your major doesn't matter and then there are STEMfags saying only their major will get you a good paying job.

Not sure which side to believe.

70k is not typical unless you're at somewhere extremely prestigious.

I went to a Private Catholic Jesuit College of about 15,000 undergrad students and my tuition was 30k a year. State school would've been about 10k per year.

I have a pill for you to swallow as well, friend. It's called Acyclovir.

born at just the right time to cry peace an harmony mayyyn

Your major doesn't matter if it's a BA. If it's a BS (STEM) then of course it matters because you're going to be working a real job.

>private school
>schooling at all
Check your privilege white boy.

Yeah it's really hard for me to look at job listings when it's mostly filled with retail/fast food jobs that I can't handle because of things like anxiety and that I honestly wouldn't be good with (customer service) I mean I'm trying to play to my strengths as a person to be the best worker I can be right? People always say this but then I get "user you are being too picky" I mean which fucking is it? You want good workers or not?

>hurr hurr I'm a useless retard so it must be my parents fault XD

Didn't even bother reading more than two lines of your post you disgusting worthless filthy fucking faggot.

I came out of school with only $7k in loans. If you're borrowing more than $30k you're probably just stupid.

>70k/year
Good job you fucking idiot, getting zero scholarships or grants, and not taking community college classes for generals or anything.

Probably just the fact that I still live with them in some ways is punishing them but then again I'm not a lazy asshole I DO help them around the house sometimes. Ill cut the grass, trim bushes. take trash out, other little things as needed.

not an argument.

Why don't americans realise they could study in europe for free? Even if you go self paid, it would cost you 10k€ to get masters in STEM.

You also get to experience a white country with no crime. Slovenia specifically has 0.68 murders per 100k people, as opposed to some american cities with nearl 2k murders per 100k people.

My friend went to Belgrade via erasmos with 1k€ scholarship. He literally made money by studying.

LOL

don't you fucking EVER, EVER, EVER go to a university or college for psychology or philosophy. EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. absolute idiot mind controlled subhuman. you're on the wrong path in life my friend, the truth and only truth of this world is that all religions are astrotheological allegories for the stars and the nature of duality. start here: youtube.com/watch?v=_QEaV5DYMs0

now do something useful with your life like becoming a mechanic of some kind or a software engineer.

Slovenia's really cheap education for foreigners was mentioned in the movie "Where to Invade Next" I know a lot of pol hates Michael Moore but yeah I heard of this from that movie.

>Gen X
Don't drag us into this, kiddo.

Funny thing is of you go to our Maribors university you have direct access to biggest names in automobile industry. These companies will help you out with your theses and when you get back, you have free education, you MADE money by work AND you have a huge reference for pretty much any aerospace/automobile industry in the US. I guarantee you that after some years of work for Porsche, Audi, BMW, Daimler etc. everyone will take you with open hands.

>I'm thinking about psychology or philosophy desk.
You deserve to have crippling debt.
Neither of these degrees are worth the $70,000 tuition fee

>le you learn nothing in schoo meme

I wish pseudo-intellectuals would stop spewing this garbage.

I just hate how Boomers refuse to take care of their own kids.

They won't help pay for their schooling, and many times force them to pay rent if they want to stay at home after 18.

Syracuse?

my dad was one of these, he got laid off in 2010 when the entire company was shutting down sectors to save money, 30,000 people out of work. my dad spent the next 3 years working shit factory jobs while sending his resume to millions of employers around the country, it took him 3 fucking years with over 30 years experience in that field to find a job. 3 FUCKING YEARS

he actually said to me: "move out as fast as you can, and take the first good job you can get because I finally understand the shit you kids have to go through these days to find stable work"

Stupidity deserves to be ridiculed

ok so would you rather exist in a pit of nothingness then? will never understand the millennial logic of being mad at your parents for making you exist

Top-tier private colleges are usually around 60K a year with room & board included, I don't know where the fuck you're going to. this is anonymous so you might as well say the name of the school, otherwise we will all think this is bait

The boomers had easier lives at your expense, simple as that. That shitty job your working? That nice luxury import car they're driving?

They literally took your good job and hollowed it out and made it shitty, took the money and used it to buy that car.

Doesn't matter at this point, most of them are 65+ and getting Alzheimer's now, so even if you wanted to beat them up for it, they wouldn't even know why.

But if you see a Boomer in trouble or in need, and if you put your hands in your pockets, turned around and walked away, I wouldn't blame you.

this so hard
applying to things on generic job sites is such a shitshow, especially when you aren't even given a disposable e-mai address to send your application to. you have no idea if anyone even looked at what you sent, it's such a waste of time.

population was much smaller
industrialization brought tons of jobs
no dem programs,no bank bailouts,immigration didn't kick in yet
oil was much cheaper hence cheaper everything

do people not know what scholarships are

I suffer from anxiety too, but.....having good customer service skills and staying calm are pretty important aspects of every job. you will still have clients working for any sort of business.

if that's a huge issue for you then you should do some research about jobs you can do from home, freelancing, etc. Otherwise I would suggest you work through your issues, maybe find a retail job somewhere that isn't as intensive as service

inflation retard.

your parents made probably 25k starting out you'll be making 120k if you went to a good college (assuming since you're paying 70)

most people don't know where half of the 50 US states are. I highly doubt that.

Well I did have a warehouse job technically but I was laid off from it after just being hired because life is just a prick like that. Employers that advertise they need workers only to turn around immediately not needing them.

He's getting degree in philosophy and psychology the only thing of lower use is a gender studies major.

sucks my dude. rip

it really depends on the professors. I went to a media school that has a lot of credibility but also has a lot of Hollywood rejects as professors. So while some of them were very upfront about how the business works and how to navigate that from the perspective of your studies, others were endlessly bitter, had a "My way or the highway" mentality and taught us practically nothing.

I remember getting triggered so hard by one audio course. I like electronic music and wanted to learn more about audio production and using programs like Pro Tools, ableton, etc. so I took one course that sounded like it would cover this shit. Instead 2/3 of the semester was going over the history of audio, getting pop quizzed about those facts and terms, and then a frantic last 1/3 of dumb assignments that taught you about like 20% of ProTools.

Thank god I graduated early and escaped 20K in debt, if I had to pay off the government for bullshit classes like that I would probably just kill myself.

They hated fascism and hated communism. Means they didnt have the crazy prices. However they did live with a lot less. But way more freedom.

Never said I was, just that I was considering it.

I might bite the bullet and switch to engineering since the job market is incredibly shitty.

I do think it's imperative to move out of your parents house and start supporting yourself as soon as you're able to, but a lot of people in their 20s are simply living with their parents so they can save up a lot of money before moving somewhere else. It's costly to move somewhere, especially if it's a city, but it's a necessary move since a lot of jobs won't hire someone who doesn't already live in the same city as their business. But of course when you move, it can take a long time before you find a stable job, so having savings is important. If you work a couple part-time jobs while living at home for 1-2 years, you can save up a LOT of money if you don't pay anything to your parents, and that will buy you time once you finally move out so you don't have to beg Mom and Dad for money right away.

Because all the professors are greedy fucking boomers that make over 100k and demand top tier benefits and paif time off and pensions. Just like their post war parents, they think the world is theirs and they want to make the most money and have the most things and have it all cost as little as possible. Old fucks today love dumping on today's kids, calling them generation me and all kinds of gay shit. Boomers are too fucking stupid to realize that they are the greediest, most self absorbed, destructive and selfish generation in the history of the human race. Every fucked up geopolitical and environmental crisis you can think of today was created by the greed of our forefathers. Now keep on keeping on and kick your faggot grandpa in the nuts the next time you see him.

Good point.
>not getting paid for college

>I go to private school

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GO TO A COLLEGE FOR 70K A YEAR!?
That isn't a fair price which makes you a retarded fool for paying it.

while these statements are mostly true, albeit exaggerated to a degree, the thing you have to keep in mind is that people back then were much more brainwashed than today. at least today most people have a healthy distrust of government and don't really take politicians seriously, but in the 50s, 60s, and then 80s again with Reagan, everyone got sold on "American dream" shit. Status back then was really fucking important, and so was conformity, so having a good job and spending all your expenses on shit you really don't need (no one needs to live in a big house, it's such a waste of money) was expected of most people. Advertising was super effective, etc. etc. Everyone was sold on the idea of working hard for a great retirement and spending their last 10-20 years in paradise with all their pension money. Of course, a paradisal retirement is null and void when you have the health problems that come with old age, but no one really ever thought about that

Yeah I worked only 1 day it was something above my boss because he was nice and wanting me to succeed and stuff. Still have the nice work gloves I was given too. First it was just reasonable delays because they were in transition to a new warehouse down the street, but then it became something about budgets and months have gone by now. So yeah there is no hope for it. Before this job I did get accepted into a "Waiting list" for another job but that didn't pan out either. Yes jobs have freaking college style waiting lists now.