Why did Australia ban guns?

Other urls found in this thread:

whale.to/b/viallspam.html
wikileaks.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant_complete_interview
youtu.be/RgmRRqUYBpg
wikileaks.org/wiki/Martin_bryant
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Ansell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Penal colony nation, also ineffective against the emu menace, so literally no need for them

/thread

Because we're a nation of welfare babbies and leftist cuckolds who need the Government to fucking wipe for us

No guns? Time for me and my fellow dindu nuffins to take a little visit downunder!

Donald Trump will convince Australia to bring guns back

We already wiped out the abbos mate
We crushed their shitty culture and replaced it, you should do the same and shoah black culture.

They're pussy faggot cucks

Because is effective to ban and regulate guns in a country with no neighbours and with a population of 20 million.

The (((Port Athur Massacre)))

We on our way right now! I am gonna slap our bbc all over your face and you gonna do a thing about it!

t. Cuckold

According to our constitution it is not a God given right, simply something afforded to us by the government to be revoked at will.

>Because is effective to ban and regulate guns in a country with no neighbours and with a population of 20 million.

Did you know its also illegal to criticize Islam in Australia now?
Is free speech not a right either?

Pls do

It is not a God given right enshrined in our constitution.

So the Emus could control the populace easier.

AUSTRALIA YES

Put gun rights on your constitution

My posts aren't factually incorrect meme lord.

Free speech and right to defend yourself against a threat are intrinsic human rights, if they're not in a constitution then fucking put them there.

>Why did Australia ban guns?
Because of people like this

This isn't related to the content of my posts.

They started bringing in brown people a couple of years after they took our guns. I really have to wonder if the two things are connected.
They knew how bad it would look if we were shooting home invaders left and right.
They probably also had the hubris to imagine mudshit gangsters would not find guns.

What? The fuck are you trying to say boong?

Amazing memes, meme master, got any more hot fresh memes for me? I am a meme connoisseur you see.

How did things get so cucked

I HAVE THAT EXACT KNIFE
HOLY SHIT

I feel confident that I could punch him right in his smug face even while he's holding that knife and nothing would come of it.

Lets start here. Love me some Port Arthur. They pulled a sandy hook, long story short. Used a mental deficient too.

whale.to/b/viallspam.html

SPEAK ENGLISH NIGGER

Because we had the deadliest mass shooting in the world at the time and none since

wikileaks.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant_complete_interview

youtu.be/RgmRRqUYBpg

What a cuck, my father purchased this for me when I was 13, the salesman knew it was for me, it's not illegal. It's certainly not illegal for a 20 year old to buy.

wikileaks.org/wiki/Martin_bryant

because the government killed a bunch of people and told everyone a literal retard did it

I disbelieve that because Australians are such statist cucks. You don't need a false flag that could be exposed when people won't put up a real fight regardless.

All they had to do is put out the idea that people that want guns to be legal are wannabe-Americans, hicks, and mentally questionable.

My parents, for instance, are working-class old left types and they are both nogunz faggots.

>Amerinigger posting nigger shit

K

A disarmed public is easier to control.

Too bad the bike gangs just make their own fully automatics regardless of laws. Strange that criminals would just disobey the law like that and still own something illegal.

Look yall killed a national treasure trying y o take the guns.

This is the man that inspired crocodile dundee

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Ansell

So why are bikers building SMGs in their sheds?

That is the best subtle Simpsons reference I have ever seen, well done.

because one guy killed like 8 people in a row

so they punished everyone with gun bans.

Because of it, austrailia's violent crime went through the roof and more people were murdered after than ever before.

So the gun bans actually killed more people than saved

The Emu lobby outlawed guns, leaving the Australian population defenseless.
also abbos might get hold of them and end the world

That's a big knife

8? Try 35.

Did they literally took your guns?

This is bullshit. You need to provide ID and a purpose on record for buying a knife. At least in Kektoria.

>Empty country full to the brim with extremely dangerous wildlife
>Walk into a knife shop that sells nothing but outdoorsy equipment and knives all day
>wonder why the cashier doesn't find you buying a knife suspicious

Also fun fact; it's illegal to sell alcohol to drunk people in Australia

Not nation wide?

Its probably illegal to fucking sneeze here
Lucky our police are a bunch of weak faggots

they did a buy back scheme.
then run them over with a bull dozer.

yep, but thats why drunks wear suits here

or at least try to

Couldn't believe it when I bought one of these and the cashier asked for my driver's license and entered my details into a computer.

I have one of those. Pretty good little neck knife

>I find it hard to believe that people use these knives for any purpose other than starting a weird collection, butchering animals, or even worse...

wew ladimus australius

I fought against 4 americans in highschool and won
Eventually all the retards in class realised that you can't just act like a retard and expect to be treated nice, so they started stfu. At that point i was 13 years old. Suddenly one of the retards starts crying because he has to sit next to me. The teacher asks why and to her horror she finds out i have been mentally bullying the entire class. If anyone wants to start shit with me i ask about their divorced parents, or their lack of intelligence, or whatever else i can find out about them. Nobody dares standing up or do shit to me.

What are you talking about m8?

Yeah it's easy enough, I went over there a few years back and was only refused service for being too drunk once, ironically when I was sober.
It's still a fucking weird law, along with
>Driver can be fined and get points on his license if a passenger isn't wearing seatbelt

That's what it looks like when an Australian has Autism

You had 3 options:
1. Take your gun to the police station and register it (only possible with manual repeaters, except pump-shotguns)
2. Take it to the police station and surrender it for destruction
3. Leave it in your cabinet and don't tell anyone

Lots of people did 1, a fair few people did 2 but it was mostly guns the cops knew about and old shitty .22s. The vast majority of guns handed in were .22s and pump/semi-auto shotguns, very scary stuff.
If the gun wasn't registered and was of any value, number 3 happened.

We have similar things here though. If you're too drunk the majority of places will refuse to serve you and that's if they even let you in (assuming it's a pub or a club) and if someone isn't wearing seatbelt in your car and you're the driver you get the fine not the passenger.

I will kill everyone in this thread. I will fucking beat up everyone of you

Austism

Well i sure wont loan you a gun if ya ever come by for a visit.

reading this feels so bizzare

How did the gun ban happen? Like timeline, was there a vote? How long was the time from the shooting till the ban? Was there much resistance?

This

Not Australian obv, but I believe it was a mandatory buyback after whatever shooting they had. It was passed by the legislature without much resistance because everyone was still concerned with the shooting

PA massacre was April 28th, 1996.

Gun laws were the responsibility of each colony and, since Federation in 1901, of each state. The Commonwealth does not have constitutional authority over firearms, but it has jurisdiction over customs and defence matters, and the external affairs power can be used to enforce internal control over matters agreed in external treaties.

Prime Minister John Howard took the gun law proposals developed from the report of the 1988 National Committee on Violence and convinced the states to adopt them under a National Firearms Agreement. This was necessary because the Australian Constitution does not give the Commonwealth power to enact gun laws. The proposals included a ban on all semi-automatic rifles and all semi-automatic and pump-action shotguns, and a tightly restrictive system of licensing and ownership controls.

The Australian Constitution requires just compensation be given for property taken over, so the federal government introduced the Medicare Levy Amendment Act 1996 to raise the predicted cost of A$500 million through a one-off increase in the Medicare levy. The gun buy-back scheme started on 1 October 1996 and concluded on 30 September 1997. The government bought back and destroyed over 1 million firearms.

Shit thats fucking quick.

Never waste a crisis.

We just got them out of the cities (we only have three). Everyone who lives in a city is a moron anyway so it's probably for a best.

unfortunately cities contain most of our population so they dominate the vote and politics panders to their cuck fantasies all too often

sydney and melbourne alone are something like 40% of our population ffs

If whites in America don't have passports, you really want us to believe the niggers do?

Doesn't matter this country is so large that it literally cannot be policed if you want to do things. Look at Banjawarn Station for example, we have pretty much gassed the japs and nuked ourselves without even knowing.

That worked.
/sarcasm