So apparently they still can't debunk the dyson sphere theory with KIC 8462852

So apparently they still can't debunk the dyson sphere theory with KIC 8462852.

bigthink.com/robby-berman/science-keeps-not-debunking-the-alien-dyson-sphere-idea

What do you think it is?

Other urls found in this thread:

ted.com/talks/tabetha_boyajian_the_most_mysterious_star_in_the_universe?language=en
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoluminescence
liveleak.com/view?i=e62_1354862274
youtube.com/watch?v=YCeclDRhzPA
humansarefree.com/2013/11/humans-are-not-from-earth-dr-claims-our.html?m=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Simple answer?

Well probably never know. Why you ask? Because humanity would rather help shitskins get their welfare money and focus on social justice issues.

There's no radio waves or activity coming from the star. Ayylmaos aren't there. It's a cloud of dust.

We could be looking into their past and who's to say they would use radio waves?

No, even if welfare was gone useless politicians would route it to some unnecessary expenditure that doesn't involve buying minorities.

Don't kid yourself you racist faggot.

>What do you think it is?
A waste of time

Muh humanitee.

>implying this isn't all part of God's plan to start race war

pls go back to plebbit.

>implying anyone needs a dyson ring once they figure out zero point energy
Shit's are literally using 10 times our suns total lifetime, lifetime, output making exotic matter to zip around the universe in warp drives.
Literally no one needs these glorified solar panels.

Also literally in the article

>It’s a cloud of dust from star formation — But the star isn’t young. It shows no sign of the infrared light that indicates a new star.

This star is 1500 light years away. If we diverted every resource in this planet to studying an alien civilization there, we'd learn next to nothing. We would never get there in a million years.

Welfare at least keeps savage apes from wrecking what little civilization we have. These space mysteries are a big fucking waste of time and money because faster than light travel is impossible and the distances insanely vast. We would literally be ruled by aliens right now if that weren't the cold truth.

I suspect that it is a recently created debris field, perhaps from planets smashing into each other.

>It’s debris from colliding planets — But that matter would get sucked into the star so quickly it would be unlikely to linger long enough for us to see it.

Just for the record. A planet Jupiter size, would dip something like 7% of starlight.
This one dips 20%. Whatever it is, it's bloody massive.

I think we all know who it is

>light from one star that we know of dims so much that it would take a gigantic object passing between it and Earth to explain it using current knowledge
>real scientists come up with hypotheses such as exotic matter attracting or interfering with photons and EMR
>giant vastness of space could contain any number of undiscovered objects or phenomenon that explain the dimming
>stupid website throws out a 'lol it might be aliens' headline to get clicks
>people are so unintelligent that the prospect of giant alien structures is more intriguing to them than an undiscovered object or property of space that explains why the light from this star dims as it approaches Earth

wew fucking lad

A burned out white dwarf or a mini black hole from what was a twin star system?

>real scientists

Except for the "fake" scientist that discovered the anomaly?

Another star passing close enough that their Oort Clouds collide would produce similar effects.

No.

Real scientists as in people who want to learn about the universe instead of create clickbait articles about how aliens did space-wtc.

Wouldn't a dyson sphere get quickly fucked up by any space object that gets sucked into the star's gravitational pull?

But m8, it's not just the article theorizing about this.

ted.com/talks/tabetha_boyajian_the_most_mysterious_star_in_the_universe?language=en

You'd be the type to think automobiles are a waste a time and stick with your horse and buggy, right?

>because faster than light travel is impossible

"flying in an air machine is impossible"
"going to the moon is impossible"
"smashing atoms is impossible"
"robotic limbs are impossible"
"curing diseases are impossible"
>I have no concept of technology, I think it stays the same for hundreds of years. Science is a big waste of time. As I type on my computer.

wew, quite the caveman here. I'm no surprised, I know where I am.

>We should never fix anything because things could potentially be worse.

You're an idiot.

>What do you think it is?

Gradual disclosure.

It's true we can't rule it out.

It's also true that there's a very likely chance that some object is blocking the star's light or some property of the universe is causing less light to reach Earth.

"We haven't found a planet large enough to explain this" shouldn't immediately make your thought process jump to 'aliens did this' as the most likely cause.

Faster then light travel is already possible.
The most genetically perfect humans are already being sent the colonize other worlds.
We are just pawns in the Illuminati's game to propagate man kind.

right.

We looked at a lot of stars.

Let's say the field lasts 0.1 million years. The universe is 13.2 billion years old. So 1 out of 132,000? Haven't we surveyed many thousands of stars?

Watch

"has no very close interacting companions."
"The dipping activity can last for between 5 and 80 days."
" the scenario most consistent with the data in hand is the passage of a family of exocomet or planetesimal fragments, all of which are associated with a single previous break-up event, possibly caused by tidal disruption or thermal processing."

That's what the scientist who discovered know so far. But needs more verifying.

That article is unrelated to the point I'm criticising, which is the pathetic quality of this "science" journal.

It's Trumps plan B site, what wall could be greater than one surrounding a star?

those claims were made in another era

we can literally look at photons and see how fast it goes now

however, speed of light is a limit on our 3d universe, not existence itself.

space hyperinflated faster than speed of light.

>people actually believe aliens are using some retarded as fuck concept some weirdo nerd wrote on a old cum sock

lol

This thread is /comfy/

Actually your answer is complex because it is a step removed from the pursuit of logical explanation. In short you're a dumbass

We'll find a way to bypass it. If there's anything humans are good at, it's breaking and cheating shit.

But an Alcubierre drive is FTL without breaking the speed of light.

Science fiction writers are cancerous leeching Jews. I mean think about it, do you know the name of the man who invented the submarine? Maybe, but for those of you who don't, what name comes to mind? Jules fucking Verne! So now this useless twobit writer is soaking up all the credit for the invention of the submarine.

>science fiction writer: Hey guys what if thing!
>technically competent worker: Here is thing
>too bad all the credit is going to me!

I don't know why you dolts think space is big.

Stars are microscopic and literally the result of sonoluminescence en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoluminescence of water suspended in the firmament above liveleak.com/view?i=e62_1354862274

>the real cosmological model (comprehensive explanation of every physical phenomenon)
youtube.com/watch?v=YCeclDRhzPA

We are the aliens John.

>those claims were made in another era
Every people of every era thinks they're special.

And every time we surpass even our wildest imaginations.

>superadvanced alien civilization
>harnesses fusion from a star instead of a smaller reactor

Who cares. As someone said faster than light travel is impossible and all space related shit is a waste of time and money. We should focus on improving our civilization and people first. If FTL travel was possible aliens would have arrived long ago and killed us all.

It's just science fiction tier bullshit. NASA is a huge waste of money.

Please fuck yourself back to the Bronze Age and let the adults do the talking here

there is also the hollow earth faggot

>NASA is a huge waste of money.

top kek for not knowing what NASA does 80 percent of the time and how it benefits all schools of science.

Astronomer here.

A burned out white dwarf (a so-called "black dwarf") is impossible - not enough time has passed since the beginning of the universe for it to cool out, not even remotely.

And your black hole hypothesis has 2 issues:
1) its physical size would be so small that it wouldn't actually cause any dimming at all
2) in fact, it would cause gravitational lensing, which is easily detectable (i.e. it's hard to miss)
3) it would clearly show in the main star's trajectory and spectrum as well, which it doesn't

And for all two: it would have to be a very periodic event and not so chaotic like this is.

hollow earth still assumes a convex surface with an outer space -- it's the the same model as spherical earth, really.

Yes, I'm sure it's all very applicable to the real world we live in. Gotta find out more about fucking space rocks and planets 9 trillion light years away!

Faster-than-light travel is possible because ANYTHING is possible since we live in an illusory universe. The speed of light is the edge of our illusory universe - once you surpass it, you leave its wall of suppression.

Humans are BILLIONS of years old and are NOT NATIVE to Earth. The human species comes from elsewhere in the Milky Way galaxy and, at some point in the distant past, our earliest ancestors colonised vast swathes of the Milky Way galaxy (and are possibly still doing so) and both Mars and Earth were colonised by them along the way. There are pyramidal structures and a Sphinx-like object in various NASA photos of Mars. A fiercely destructive interplanetary war caused the destruction of a planet that used to exist between Mars and Jupiter, leaving only the asteroid belt that we know today. This war also sterilised Mars, turning what was once a lush, verdant, Earth-like planet into a cold, lifeless desert.

its ridiculous
they would not be wasting energy by letting out infrared, or anything else

and if they can make that, then they sure as hell can stop all such energy escaping

another product of burger education

It also uses materials that have negative mass. Good luck putting that together in your garage.

Nigga I don't think you realize just how much energy a star emits...

>Every people of every era thinks they're special.
So much this.

>Scientologists

>let the adults do the talking here
I've scrolled through your comments and you offer nothing beyond, "right... really?, haha, really??" that's the depth of your "adult discourse"

>faster than light travel is impossible

It isn't. But thanks for playing. There are several things faster than light. You're right in saying going faster than the speed of light in a vacuum using a spaceship is, at the moment, impossible.

But pretty much all research into it (and the USA government is literally funding Warp Drive research) is working on the theory that you don't speed a ship up to go FTL, but you bend space and time to do so. Look up Alcubierre drive.

For the moment, we also have the EMDrive, which is baffling scientists on how it works. Especially since it was invented by a autistic Brit in his garden shed.

If it does work, and it keeps proving it does (those scepticism is rife) it could make travel to places in the solar system 4 times faster.

found the retard

Based on what we see doesn't that mean that there could have been a Dyson sphere there 1480 years ago?

Honestly I really hope that it's bullshit I don't want humanity to have to deal with that shit.

except the quantity and energy of photons reaching us would be impossible if they were that small
among the other myriad reasons your post is clownish

Earth is hollow. The Flat Earth theory is a CIA psyop designed to hide the FACT that Earth is hollow.
Here's a diagram I made of the hollow configuration of Earth. As you can see in the diagram, Earth's inner surface has an upward-pointing curvature (which means that you would actually see land in the sky if you stood on the inner surface of Earth).

If all we need to use is an object with negative mass then we can use my sex life.

You can trust NASA.

You do realize that the energy of a photon is higher with smaller wavelengths, i.e. "letting out infrared" is not that big of a deal because they may be capturing the majority of the star's energy.

There's a Star of David in OPs picture.

You're ignoring the presence of the firmament and the tunneling of light because of the charged tetrahedron central merkahba -- the video explains physical reality.

If it really is a Dyson Sphere, it's a shit-in-your-pants scary revelation. Do you know the amount of labor it would take for us to build an array around the sun? The fact that an advanced civilization could even pull that off is scary as fuck.

>they dont conduct any experiments, on earth or in space, with real world applications that have seen many realized common benefits for all

more burger edumaction

>Faster-than-light travel is possible because ANYTHING is possible since we live in an illusory universe. The speed of light is the edge of our illusory universe - once you surpass it, you leave its wall of suppression.

non-falsifiable

>Humans are BILLIONS of years old and are NOT NATIVE to Earth.

empirically based, non controvertible, substantiated and sourced evidence?

of course
they could
but most likely wouldnt due to growth needs

they are not going to reach that level of expansion and just stop there

It's an astrological curiosity. That's what it is. Even if we confirm beyond all reasonable doubt with our current models of scientific understanding that it is, in fact, a dyson sphere built by an alien species, it will still remain an astrological curiosity.

Nihilistic? Maybe, yes... but I am just being honest.
Still mindblowing though.

>If it really is a Dyson Sphere, it's a shit-in-your-pants scary revelation. Do you know the amount of labor it would take for us to build an array around the sun?

pfffft
the amount that wasnt automated would not even be a drop in the barrel.
like one single h20 molecule in the barrel

Tell me more

That would mean it is most likely a Type 2 civilization, which means it has access to advanced technology capable of harnessing the energy of it's entire solar system.

Such a civilization would most likely either A) Ignore us as cavemen or B) Treat us like ants in the way of whatever resources they could gain from our solar system.

fuck I wish it was aliens

I want to live in the mass effect universe

I'm guessing it would be all automated. Robots making robots who go and mine shit, which other robots process, etc etc.

How do you explain the moon?

>There are several things faster than light.
Would you kindly name a few?

Thanks for bringing up that drive, I'll look into it, but I'm doubtful it's legit, esp. because it was made in a garden shed...
Still it doesn't allow FTL travel at all. Getting to places within our solar system 4 times faster is not a huge breakthrough tbqh. Yeah it's nice but it's not the kind of "oompf" that we would require to reach for the stars.

The fact that a civilization can create machines that automate the building of a giant sphere around a star might be even scarier tbqh.

And they're only 1000ish light years away. So on a cosmic scale, in the next room. A Dyson Sphere would take planets of resources to build. And if something can build one, you're right, it's fucking terrifying. Plus, if we can see them, I'm sure they've looked our way too.That being said, if they are real. lol

humansarefree.com/2013/11/humans-are-not-from-earth-dr-claims-our.html?m=0 no real proof but still a semi interesting read

KIC 8462852 is the star that was once our home solar system

We are looking back into our own type 3 civilization past which we had to abandon.

Luckily we were so advance to identify the SOL System as the best candidate to restart our civilization.

Ironically we also expected to one day find our own old home world but what we didnt knew is that some random user found the key to the mystery on an anonymous vietnamese gardening advice forum.

Aliens capable of constructing a dyson sphere would be like gods compared to us.

At a certain point, magic and technology become indistinguishable.
The reason this statement is relevant in this context is that inherent in the claim that it's a dyson sphere is the claim that it is possible to overcome the engineering challenges involved in constructing a dyson sphere.

I suppose it's possible that it could be some kind of artificial construct, but chances are it's a natural phenomenon that we haven't observed yet.

Oh yeah they would be, just imagine that shit.

Chances are, even if it was confirmed to be a dyson sphere, it'd just be hushed up and dismissed.

Aliens are a problem that the world isn't ready for. Niggers can't even keep calm when one of their niggers attacks a cop and gets killed. How are they and others going to react when they get told, without doubt, aliens exist and can build amazing structures like that?

I want a picture of aliens landing on Earth going "Greetings Earthlings!" and a nigger going "Gibesmedat, reparations!"

You mean cubes.

Warp capabilities + robotic automation & processing is all it would really require. Don't get me wrong, it's a huge fucking task but if warp drives are actually a thing, the underlying principles aren't complicated - it's just the sheer manpower required for the task is fucking massive.

Still really interesting to think about though. Even if it is just some natural occurrence.

I imagine any space-faring race would consist solely of robots. The original biological species would be confined to their homeworld or no-longer exist, having been superceded by machines.

Are you trying to say that we were the immigrants all along?

Or better yet, C) Treat us like a huge laboratory in which they can run tests and the like, just like how we do with mice and other animals.

Don't we all, m8

Who says they didn't start colonizing other stars? Or maybe they became content with their living standards?

nah, not at all
biological life of minimum size and mass capable of that intelligence and physical manipulation would be a waste beyond imagining to shelter and feed in numbers large enough to do that

there is no way it would not be automated

Wouldn't a ship capable of warp drive also require magic-like initial dampeners/anti-gravity tech a la Star Trek?

WE WUZ ALIENS N SHEEEITTTTTT

its painfully obvious

Evolution is a big meme and hoax.

>le missing link

etc

how did we then end up starting off in the sharp-stick age again?

This. They would be fucking godlike in their presence.

I don't know about that, we can see it due to its sheer size blocking a stars light. What could they detect from us? Radiowaves can't even transmit that far so no television broadcasts of Hitler for the ayys.