Indian Politics

With today being Indian Independence Day, I realized that I don't know much about Indian politics, and I want to learn about it.

What political ideologies are prominent in India?

What are the main political parties?

Are there any based political parties/ politicians?

What are the biggest issues in Indian politics?

Other urls found in this thread:

ndtv.com/india-news/2-die-on-indian-navy-aircraft-carrier-ins-vikramaditya-after-gas-leak-1417765
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poo in loo

>indian poolitics

POO

HahahA there's a butthole on your flag

IN

I don't know why I would have expected anything different.

Is poo your natural enemy?
Poo manages to kill two "men" on your flagship after a sewage leak, lol

>Four people repairing the sewage treatment "inhaled" toxic fumes and were evacuated to hospital, the spokesperson said.
ndtv.com/india-news/2-die-on-indian-navy-aircraft-carrier-ins-vikramaditya-after-gas-leak-1417765

This is all that needs to be said.

/thread

>Is poo your natural enemy?
>your
White American here, just wanting to learn about some non-western politics.

>Plumbing and toiletry bill
>will never pass parliament cause is very unpopular

>What political ideologies are prominent in India?
The Hindus, Muslims, and Buddhists
India is still a theocracy for the most part and its people are divided into those three sects. Politics in India involve a lot of violence, gang influence, and crime. Hell Gahndi was assassinated just cause he didn't identify as hindu

>What are the main political parties?
Those three religions. They go by different names but those religions are its basis
>Are there any based political parties/ politicians?
Yes, all of them are usually religious and had their education in Britain. Idfk why they went back
>What are the biggest issues in Indian politics?
Besides poo in loo, you have population control for starters. Scarcity in natural resources, shit military, debt to Britain, lack of federal power, poor 'state' economy, and overall lack of law enforcement/education.
Religion, even though it can be good, prevents progress when there's no unity. India is a prime example

Thank you for the first serious response to my questions.

Is there anyone pushing for secularism, or is it all just those three religions fighting for power?

No problem, not trying to make a pun but India is a shithole. Every single issue is argued upon and nothing is ever enforced. That's why you hear about gang rapes and thieves and open torture and castration of individuals. The state only takes care of the wealthy and the only way one gets wealthy India is through crime or moving away. The only crutch their economy even has left is child labour and call centers. Never go there, even for a vacation. Chances are you will be kidnapped and or killed

>GULPS INTERNALLY

Brits were idiots for not being able to hold the British Raj.

Did you live in India before becoming a burger?

Its been all three since they got their independence, the government pushes towards secularism, but the people don't obey the government. The government has to much globalist intervention to even think about "demonstrating" power over the people, if you catch my meaning, so it'll stay the way it is until pigs fly

>What political ideologies are prominent in India?
Liberals, Nationalists, Democrats and Communists

What are the main political parties?
INC - Indian National Congress (UPA - United Progressive Alliane - Congress and its allies)
BJP - Bhartiya Janta Party (Hindu nationalist prty) (NDA - National Democratic Alliance - BJP and its allies)

Are there any based political parties/ politicians?
BJP - Based party
Based Politicians - Narendra Modi, Pranab Mukherjee, Sushma Swaraj, Monahar Parrikar, Subramanium Swami

>What are the biggest issues in Indian politics?
Block money, corruption, development, poverty, sanitation

Nah, I wrote a fuckton of papers on it for when I tried to minor in philosophy. My cousin works there for his corporate job selling computer software to the Govt so I know a bit through him as well

>Buddhism.

You wot m8?

>Those three religions. They go by different names but those religions are its basis

Again wtf. Except for bjp, even that would be a wrong example, most of parties are either based on caste or state to which they belong. We even have communist parties which win majority in some states

>population control for starters

Population growth rate has decreased with some urban areas having lesser than some European countries. Government took steps to spread family planning awareness. The only people with huge families would be the poor or muslims

>Scarcity in natural resources

Absolutely agreed. This will be one of our biggest issues

> shit military
4th in terms of fire power. Granted it isn't as good as usa or Russia but then again who is?

>debt to Britain

For what? If anything they owe us money

Dude you are seriously misinformed. You have no clue what you are talking about. Some of the points you raise are absolutely valid but rest of them arnt true

This sums it up perfectly

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about do you?

What is the dominant party right now?

Are the liberals as bad as they are in the US? I know an Indian girl who is a feminist, and she was saying that feminism is being pushed in films over there now (she said it in a more positive way though)

>Buddhism
When you first got independence, a third of your country considered the self Buddhist
>Those three religions. They go by different names but those religions are its basis
I should've clarified this better, the majority of the people fall under those religions and the parties of your govt pander to them.
>population control for starters
Look at the population of your country and compare to the rest of the world. There is too many of you for the amount of land you cover. You major cities are absolutely trash because there are too damn many of you
> shit military
Anything that is the US or Russia is shit military
>debt to Britain
Britain was the best thing to ever happen to your country, you can't debate it

BJP is more dominant these days.

And our liberals are just as horrible as yours. If it was upto them, they will allow each military personnel to be killed than killing terrorists.