Wind turbans

8 more of these fucking things went up in my town last week. I can already feel the air get stiller and stiller when I go outside. My daughter might never get to fly a kite at this rate.

Worse part is, you get labeled as some kind of hillbilly just for paying attention and knowing it's a huge problem and a waste of money.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betz's_law
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You could go thorium, but USA is stupid burgerland...

Wha t the hell is a wind turban

Just complain about the noise

Also, are they Samsung or Vestas?

Just let the cucks in your town see this and hopefully change their minds

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betz's_law

They're putting these things up on the government's dime to make themselves feel better. Their baseload energy is still coming from coal and natural gas.

thorium is a rare substance and requires a nuclear powerplant to be useful. How is that any better than the nuclear material we already use?

But is your electric any cheaper ? Just wondering

wind turbines soaking up all the wind.

>Worse part is, you get labeled as some kind of hillbilly
Judging by your grammar it's too fuckin' late.

Dude, it's a common acceptance to pay more for not taking the easy way out and using coal'n'shit

>Thorium
>rare
Pick one... it's literally a waste product of pretty much any mining operation.
~1000 times more abundant than Uranium.

old ones were vestas, not sure about the new

fuck off cuck, educate yourself, learn science, stupid fucking cuck

they aren't on my land, so no

>I can already feel the air get stiller and stiller when I go outside.

W-what?

Well a big chunk of my area personally I think uses hydroelectric. I mean I know there is at least one of those around.

If I can't feel the wind blowin through my sweet mullet why live, damn turbines!

Oh so it's someone's farmland? If that's the case well it is their land for them to use as they see fit.

They steal the wind.

Trust me I live in windmill country and I have never felt what wind is like. Why do you think bicycles are so popular? You never have to struggle against the wind...

They are basically air dams. Plus they are pulling energy out of the moving air (can't get something for nothing). Also these thing require a long flat pieces of land. Any turbulence can cause it to have failures in the bearing with months.

I don't have them too close to where I live, but I was out driving one day and took a walk through a field of them and it felt very eerie.

>tfw big block of ice fell off one and made me shit myself

The worst part is it'll be decades before they go out of service because hippies like to hang on to the notion that they're right, even when the evidence shows the complete opposite.

When did you guys starter using drugs?
And by the way, my issue is that they're extracting our precious bodily fluids in my town. They're using fluoride, I can only drink alcohol to be safe. It's really evil what the government is doing.

He is trolling, but some idiots out in bumkin-ville thought the wind turbines were stealing the wind from the skies and soon there would be no wind left.

>When did you guys starter using drugs?
^ flag

>My daughter might never get to fly a kite at this rate.

Now that is wishful thinking.

You do realize that turbines have to slow the wind to get energy from the air, right? The wind will be a lot weaker on the other side.

You should go to the top and shart yourself and livestream how the shit hits the propellers and gets flung towards the Walmart

You mean like cities and forests? Come on, try harder leaf.

RAAAAAAAA
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
DOOOOOOO!

Clearly I'm not implying that wind turbines scoop up all the air and leave nothing left to breathe, but air does flow in particular channels and if you put up wind turbines you're effectively damming them so yes, turbines do slow down the wind. And, as someone else already posted in this thread, all you need to do is read up on en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betz's_law to know that massive wind farms are a colossal waste of time in general.

>wind turbans
>turbans
rag heads flying on magic carpets and shit

I understand that they are useless and waste more resources than they produce, but they are NOT "using up" wind as a finite resource which is what the bumpkins think.