Homestuck

Questions for fans:
1. Will hiveswap be finished?

2. How long did you follow the webcomic?

3. When did it go to absolute shit?

4. which is better? Undertale or Homestuck

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FloppyAdult/status/761954103555608576
youtube.com/watch?v=Es5mh7pBeec
youtube.com/watch?v=5NACWZBDtN8
youtube.com/watch?v=ktuDYYtbs2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes
Seven years
Retcon
Undertale is sjw lib cuck shit
Kill yourself

1. It'll go on for probably five or so years, which is how long it'll take the teenagers/twentysomethings who love homestuck to grow out of it or to diminish enough that there's only a small group of hardcore fans left.

2. I never followed it. I just read the archive up to, I think, the dream lands and then jumped ship because the comic was doing what a lot of immature writers do, which is add more characters instead of develop the ones that exist.

3. It's never gone to shit, it just never delivered on the promise of its early-middle section.

4. Undertale. Much more coherent.

Sorry thought hiveswap was that extended comic thing. Hiveswap, the game, is a coin-toss. I expect it'll come out underwhelmingly like the Penny Arcade games.

doc scratch would never....

Undertale has a more coherent story and themes and it has a better emotional punch (in my opinion). Homestuck is funnier, has more interesting/complex characters and arguably better world building. Overall Undertale is a better complete package, but it doesn't win on all fronts.

>Finally crack and look up Rosekan lewds
>Nothing good except for like three pictures
WHY

I think Hussie would get his balls busted for not finishing something at this point, legal stuff with money and such

Somewhere between 3 and 5 years, can't quite remember. Probably going on 5 this summer actually.

When SBURB stopped being the focus, when jokes related to alchemy and inventory shenanigans went away, when they made Jake a wiener, when the Beforan trolls got more than a sidenote's worth of appearance and interaction, and when Johnska fell through

Hussie will just release an 'alpha' and then string people along until it's a non-issue. He's made his fortune with Homestuck and is probably totally exhausted.

1. probably
2. started about march 2010, dropped it around the time jade and callie met in the dream bubbles
3. when eridan murdered kanaya and vice versa, but i was too invested to quit
4. i've never played undertale

1. sure, Huss would be pretty much hanged, drawn, and quartered if he cancelled at this point
2. seven years
3. it was a very gradual downward spiral, the point of no return was probably Collide
4. Homestuck had more complex themes that were interesting to think about, but Undertale was overall much more consistent

doc scratch would always

pfff what complex themes

Undertale, whatever memes people are going to scream about it, at its core at least had a pretty simple and consistent message it used the meta to play with

Homestuck just had a fucking catastrophe of themes and ideas that said nothing, went nowhere, and gazed at its navel while jerking off limply

Everything is doomed? Life is pointless? No matter what you do it'll never amount to anything anyways? Don't bother? Defy fate and die?

It wasn't even a creation myth like he kept squawking it was supposed to be. It was an ugly brightly colored mess of horrible children murdering and dying while crying about being too scared to fuck.

I meant to say Undertale was more consistent with its own themes, I agree that Homestuck squandered a good bunch of potential in trying to wrap things up and its rather blatant attempt to please the Tumblr fanbase.

Homestuck's theme was "Don't try to better yourself, just let some bossy cunt solve your problems while you mope off and have gay sex". This is unsurprisingly relevant to what we know about Hussie's life.

no....

When you think about it just hard enough, Homestuck comes off as fantastically fucking creepy, since it's some near-40 dude obsessing over children and aliens fucking while they die meaninglessly, over and over and over. It's just one big cartoony gore and fuck fest that did nothing but constantly revisit the gore and fucking as the only meaningful thing against a backdrop of futility and abandoned legend.

if you liked homestuck , please consider suicide.
it was never entertaining, deep or even humorous.

it's always been a poor man's naruto

Homestuck was always fucking hilarious and I will stand by that until the day I die.

Yes, but not until a long time from now. I imagine a decade or so.
I didn't follow it, I read the archive a month ago.
I wouldn't describe it as "absolute shit" but I remember the middle of Act 6 being a chore.
Despite being patently and objectively worse in many ways, I enjoyed Homestuck more than UT. It was more exciting. It was also a colossal let down, but that doesn't bother me so much.

how long has Hussie actually been working on the game

exaggerate all you want, in serious the early Acts of 1-4 and parts of 5 had genuine good and funny content

Like this, god DAMN that was a fantastic read

I think the core issue is that Hussie, as an arrogant man, was so self-assured of his own myth that he didn't keep the reins on, and let his work spiral out of control, not knowing when to keep the scope tight an the story short

Knowing the creep he could probably be cured by someone cosplaying as Snowman or Aradia beating him senseless while he wears a horse outfit, screaming "KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID"

I miss when he was lively and expressive with all his sprite animations.

Shit what like, almost 5 years now? GOD that game is so fucking dead.

Seven days ago: twitter.com/FloppyAdult/status/761954103555608576

1. If it were for legal issues I'd doubt it.
2. Six years.
3. The the Alphas were introduced. It had a little spark when Calliborn had his arc, but it stayed consistently bad.
4. Undertale while being good will age badly, yet it delivered what it had to be done initially with no weird twists whatsoever. Homestuck's humor won't age as terribly, but the point of the comic was lost after a while with the introduction of so many characters

Jesus, yeah, this shit is going to need a miracle and some deep fucking pockets to force out as anything but a budget animated 30 minute walking game

>1. Will hiveswap be finished?
Part 1 will. Part 2 won't.

>2. How long did you follow the webcomic?
Caught up when Alterniabound happened, stuck with it to the last update.
It wasn't worth the time at all.

>3. When did it go to absolute shit?
Hivebent is where Homestuck started falling apart, though Act 5 had great scenes here and there to make up for its weaknesses. It was still passable at that point despite its issues.

The reveal of the Beforus Trolls was the tipping point it never recovered from, and its downwards spiral only continued from there.

>4. which is better? Undertale or Homestuck
Undertale was a cute and pretty fun game.
Homestuck was a bad comic with an interesting setting and a great intermission.

Undertales way better at what it does than Homestuck is.

1. I'm giving it a serious coin-toss chance at this point. It has been so long, with so much money, so little content shown, and so many revisions, that I seriously don't think it'll make it. The best part is that it probably could have made it with a good studio pick-up, IF Homestuck had stayed good and finished strong.

2. I caught up right before Descend. I dropped it at the start of Act 6.

3. First strike was Hivebent. Second strike was half of Act 5. Third strike and the death slide was Act 6.

4. I don't bother to compare them because one is a short game, the other is a 7-year slogging mess of a comic. In terms of being professional, Toby trumps Hussie by lightyears.

It's weird. As much as I hated Scratch, I'm kind of sad he left the comic. It could have used him in the later parts.

More questions for fans:
5. Best and Worst Beta Kids?

6. Best and Worst Alternian Trolls?

7. Best and Worst Alpha Kids?

8. Best and Worst Beforian Trolls?

9 . Favorite Act?

10. Did jack deserve better?

5. Way too subjective, especially by the end when they all stopped being people and became soapboxes. I USED to like Rose the most, but Rose went grimdark and died, and her drunken mess of a dumb sister Tulip took over.

6. Same deal but worse. I used to really like Karkat as a character. Shame on me.

7. Roxy was ok. Dirk was a good idea with really weird and bland execution.

8. There are none. They were completely unnecessary and I rank it one of the Top 3 reasons Homestuck became so terrible.

9. 4.

10. No fucking shit he did. He was a really great antagonist, with personality supplemented by Slick and other sources, culminating well to the idea of him being the final boss in this nightmare myth of fighting against the worst odds. He was fucking cheated and Hussie wouldn't know a perfectly serviceable character if it bit him in the nuts with a novelty horse head.

1. more likely than not
2. 2.5 years
3. i was going to say "when john went on the retcon mission", but it's too hard for me to say that most of the updates i've witnessed drove the comic into shit so i'd pinpoint an eaxact moment - when vriska was revived
4. even tho i REALLY liked undertale a month after it's release (i still reminisce those times when sans' character did not piss me off with how it was interpreted by the fanbase), homestuck

Homestuck was good for one thing. It finally burned out the last vestiges of caring for online opinions about stuff. I like Undertale and will continue to like it in a calm and sane manner, as 'that decent game I played', because fandom life is for people with free time and too much to prove about their opinions, and letting that dictate what you can and cannot enjoy is laughable.

Honestly, as it is in canon I can't really say that I 100% like any of the characters.

In a better world I still cherish the kids and the strong friendship/familial dynamics they would still have, and probably some of the trolls too if their characters were better utilized.

Isn't it kind of mystifying? Hussie left, for me, literally no one in the comic I cared about. He bled the love and life from every single last one of them, methodical and slow burning, so if the ending had been Calliope black holing everyone and everything into pitch black nothingness behind a white curtain, I'd have still felt the same.

Fuck Jack, he really just deserved to die. But Hussie didn't even give anyone the satisfaction of seeing him actually pay for all the shit he did.
Spades Slick is the one who deserved better.

>when you realize a total party kill would have been better

>game over timeline
>Rose dies, avenging Kanaya, but manages to reconcile with her mother via Roxy
>Karkat dies by Gamzee's hand, their moralalligence an obvious sham
>Aranea flies too close to the sun in her take over and gets burned
>Jake dies manning up to protect Jane
>Kanaya accidentally killed by the empress of trollkind, who needed Kanaya alive to revive the race (so she can kill them again).
>Terezi goes after Aranea, possibly taking revenge for fixing her eyes.
>Kanaya finally goes clown hunting after years.
>Dirk sinks into the Swamp of Sadess a la Artax, heartbroken after failing to protect his friends and Dave.
>Dave dies, adamantly refusing to time travel, in an attempt to protect Jade. Confronting his brother's killer.
>John confronts the villain
>John realizes he's failed as a leader

game over was the end homestuck deserved

Jack deserved to be treated, in the narrative sense, like a character and villain that he spent years being built up to. I could spend half the thread describing how he got fucked and what could have worked for him, but it's mostly all common sense to anyone who isn't a writing failure like Hussie.

No shit. What a fucking feeling.

karkat should have died and aradia should have replaced his spot

Karkat did die, user. He died on the meteor getting revenge for Kanaya's death. It was very sad. He was very dead forever right at that moment.

1. Definitely Act 1, probably Hivebent, maybe Hauntswitch. It all depends on whether the characters and worldbuilding can attract a new wave of Tumblr artists in the same way Hivebent did.

2. Like 4 or 5 years, I was quite a bit late to the party.

3. Act 5 Act 2. It just worked brilliantly. Act 5 Act 1 was a pretty brilliant parody of Acts 1-4 though, so that ranks highly as well. As does Act 4/Intermission, for obvious reasons.

4. The Vriska Retcon. The comic went to shit long before that, but up to that point it all could have been salvaged. And for a while after I still had hope that Hussie could tie it all up well. But it was the second that Hussie put metafuckery and cheap feels above actually finishing the fucking story that sealed the comic's fate.

1. No. Shelby Cragg should go back to helping Amber finish that Steven Universe fan-fic they've been working on and leave Hiveswap to its inevitable decay.

2. 4 months. (Read it all in one go over the span of a month)

3. Since Davepetasprite^2 became a thing (They/them pronouns and all.)

4. It's a tie.

I Have The Rustblood

Do Not Contact The Authorities

She Will Be Returned Unharmed If You Post Enough Pregnant Characters

but user

there's only like a total of five sfw preggo pics!

in fact i'm pretty sure they were all posted last thread

Well Then Unless You Can Find More I Suppose I Will Be Keeping The Ram

>no fics or art of Aradia lovingly mutilating and ruining Vriska to make her think and act like she's a rustblood whore

Why the fuck didn't Doc Scratch have retcon failsafes?

Like wouldn't he know that John would find the juju?

it was faaaaaaaaaaaaated ooooooooooo

I'm wiggling my fingers here, that's the reason, that's why

>Undertale while being good will age badly
Never played Undertale.

Just how much of it is topical "meme humor" that'll obviously standout to future generations the way the 90s aesthetic does today?

where the fuck is karkat...

Very little apart from anime stuff, which will be around forever. Undertale doesn't go out of its way to date itself with juggalos and over 9000s.

The second half is entirely SJW tumblr-centric memes.

Like Homestuck!

He Is Right Here

Look He Is Just Fine I Have Not Done Anything To Him

Someone is really into shitposting today.

I Do Not Know What You Are Talking About

>fic where kanaya knocks up the other trolls

does such a thing exist?

Source?

dead artist.

What are your favourite Homestuck tracks?

Sburban Jungle or
Another Jungle

for me

Setting incomplete character arcs aside, because it's hard to judge anyone as a good character when you take that into account.

5. Best: Dave and Rose, worst: Jade
6. Best: Karkat, worst: Feferi and Gamzee
7. Best: Dirk, worst: Jake
8. Best: Mituna, worst: Kankri
9. 5.2
10. Jack is really low on my list of characters that deserved better. Slick, maybe. Jack was just a douche the whole way through. That said, every character arc could have been handled better, his included.

Doctor is number one now and forever followed by skies of skaia. Both songs fill me with a real sense of adventure and wonder.

Flare
Sunslammer
Pendulum
LIGHT
Softly
Umbra ultimatum
Homestuck Anthem
A whole bunch. I have like 1200 songs on my phone and 75% of those are homestuck

5. Dave, Jade but only because she had little screen-time compared to the rest
6. Pre-Act 6 Karkat, Act 6 Terezi, Gamzee
7. Dirk, Jane
8. Mituna, Kankri
9. Acts 4 and 5.2
10. Jack should've died, Spades Slick should have lived.

Please don't bring up Undertale. The arguments about it on here are stupid and semi offtopic.

Holy shit, there's too many to choose from. It's hard to choose one per album.

Heir of Grief is really fucking good. Black is legendary. And Flare.

youtube.com/watch?v=Es5mh7pBeec
youtube.com/watch?v=5NACWZBDtN8
youtube.com/watch?v=ktuDYYtbs2s

Don't post this every thread. You know the answers you'll get and it barely sparks a discussion.

I feel so out there having gamzee be my legitimate favorite troll. I swear I'm not a fujoshi I also like gamzee x tavros unironically
Gamzee is just, he started as a joke and never stopped being one despite becoming a real villain

Black imo is Toby's best song, it's better than Megalovania

Black also wasn't milked to Hell like Megalovania.

I don't like him because he barely qualifies as a character and is more of a plot device than anything. For me having Gamzee as your favourite character is like having Lil Cal as your favourite character, sure they're interesting but not as characters

Why didn't they just save everything on the Collide album and the Act 7 Overture for album 10?

more albums = more money

Also, these aren't "more questions". The only one that's different from the last thread is the last one.

The Act 7 Overture was just the Overture from Symphony Impossible to Play with 2 more minutes tacked on. Why would anyone who bought the original album have purchased that single? It's retarded.

1. Eventually

2. 4/5 years or so

3. Early Act 6 was tolerable, but I was just never really interested in the Alphas. Calliborn, the Tricksters and the intermissions where we'd acrually see characters I cared about kept my interest a bit but overall Act 6 was a slipperly slope downwards

4. Homestuck, but only because I don't care for Undertale at all

Yeah, and Homestuck fans are retarded.

Holy shit, I just realized that Jane is Jade but with the bitch factor increased by 1000%.
>Suppresses anger and let's all burst out at the worst times.
>Tries to be supportive to her friends but puts on a "im happy :)" persona while doing so.
>Can be insensitive and bitchy.
>Deeply lonely due to a life of isolation.
>Tries to help her friends in the short run but her deep emotional problems start to become a problem when shit hits the fan.
>Quirky but in different ways.

>five
Way more than that

5. John consistantly remained good for me, whereas I hated Jade since her introduction

6. Karkat best boy, Vriska best girl, worst trolls are either Feferi or Nepeta

7. Roxy was the only Alpha I was interested in, Jane was as boring as anything

8. None. Beforian trolls, as someone said earlier, were unnecessary.

9. Act 5 Act 2

10. I guess so

Continue And Aradia Will Be Spared

>Interested
>In Roxy
LOL.

well yeah, if you're searching "rosekan" you won't find much, because it's primarily referred to as "rosemary"

I didn't search ship names, I just looked for lewds tagged with both Kanaya and Rose

Would homestuck have been better if Roxy suffered from a realistic depiction of alcoholism and it wasn't overcome instantaneously off screen?

>would homestuck have been better if it was written better
yes

Yes, Homestuck would have been better without any of the events of Vriskagram or the Retcon

That's not a fucking question. Obviously.

Rose's overcoming of alcoholism is even worse.
Like I can accept Roxy as a high function boozed out lady, but the fact that Rose is somehow bullied out of her addiction is just stupid

Roxy lived on alcohol though. All alone. In a post-apocalyptic society. That makes her situation a billion times worse.