Memes aside, how accurate is it?

Memes aside, how accurate is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

squawker.org/culture-wars/dna-testing-companies-like-23andme-admit-adding-fake-african-ancestry-to-white-profiles-in-order-to-screw-with-racists/
cracked.com/personal-experiences-2522-inside-shady-world-dna-testing-companies.html
smarterhobby.com/genealogy/best-dna-test/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How accurate is DNA?

if ur'e white very accurate

if ur some obscure ethnicity not very accurate bdecause they lack sampling

They deliberately add false positives of non-white DNA to white people's results to "fuck with racists."
Literally the most jewish plot of all time. Trying to convince pure bred euros they're all mutts.
These kikes should be boycotted and put out of business.

23andme is a meme company. Try gedmatch or FTdna, dnaland etc.

Their "middle east" component is also hilarious. 23andme is designed for amerimutts.

There are different ways to interpret the dna tests. There are probability errors in every test, identical triplets will have different results.

For me the result was virtually exactly what I was expecting it to be and I've not got the most typical mixture around, so from my experience it's reasonably accurate.

I have some regrets over handing over my DNA to some American company though.

it's basically a datamining organisation

>cheap DNA tests are accurate

Mine was 100% accurate. I'm 91% Finnish and the rest North West European.

Only people who can't deal with their mixed race reality question the accuracy.

that's horseshit

better for health information
If you want to know about MUH HERITAGE either Genographic Project or Ancestry.com is better.
pic related is one slide from my results

gedmatch is also good.

iirc one employee admitted to adding nigger dna into "suspected racists" results, so, uh, probably not super accurate

So this is how Sup Forums tries to cope with their African heritage

How do they decide who is a suspected racist?

you ever been in the 23andme threads and seen some guy with like 95% german and 5% aboriginal or something? probably people who are very white

I'm not gunna immediately call bullshit on this but it sounds like utter bollocks to me, so either give source or stop spreading rumours.

squawker.org/culture-wars/dna-testing-companies-like-23andme-admit-adding-fake-african-ancestry-to-white-profiles-in-order-to-screw-with-racists/
cracked.com/personal-experiences-2522-inside-shady-world-dna-testing-companies.html
keep in mind cracked is a pretty liberal site nowadays

>I only know of two times somebody wanted to be tested for being another ethnicity because they didn't like that ethnicity. Both times, [they were] white people not wanting to believe they had black ancestors."
>Morgan and his colleagues were caught between a rock and a really-want-to-mess-with-racists place. It would've been fun to throw a "10 percent West African" in there, but then they might have a pissed-off, dangerous person at their office, waving a gun. "Since we couldn't do anything to the results (and we wanted to), what we did was add '< 1 percent' to each African category of ethnicity. That way we weren't lying, and they would both be wondering how much under a percentage point was.
Well under 1%, it's certainly not as big a thing as you guys made it sound, but it's still pretty fucking unprofessional. Frankly the other things on that list are worse, namely how inaccurate it seems to be a lot of the time, and how they have fudged results so >muh ancestors can continue to say so.
>...She even said she was excited to see if she was 100 percent Irish. But the test found no Irish blood. It was half Eastern Europe, then a mix of different places in Germany and Italy, and even Greece." Clearly, this woman's family had either lied to her, been lied to themselves, or she was one of those stealth adoptions that happen every so often. "The consensus was that she would send a huge fit if she was shown not to be Irish at all, so we made her 20 percent Irish and highlighted our disclaimer about results not being accurate."

>Oddly enough, "most of our calls have been from people wanting to be changed from Italian."
Fucking kek

Overall I guess the lesson is, it's not entirely accurate, and if you want it to be as accurate as possible, you need to tell them you want to know the exact results, no fudging whatsoever.

The tests can pin down your ancestry to certain regions but cannot specify between closely related groups for example it can tell you that you have ancestry from the iberian peninsula but cannot tell you which modern part of that region it was from unless some specific trait that you have was isolated to a specific group of people living there.
I would say it can tell you your ancestry to about 90% accuracy.
The more interesting parts of those tests for me is that they can tell you if you are predisposed to any kind of disease or birth defects and the ancestry one can also tell you if are related to anybody else that has taken the test.

i heard they add nigger dna to produce multicultu, is that true?

I heard they add niggers to their harem, is that true?

>1% African every time.

23andme gave me 0.2% east african and .1 east asian when I set the results to speculate.

But on a conservative readout I got literally 56.7 Iberian and 45% broadly southern European

tfw completely white

>Eastern European
What does that even mean

According to 23andme it's: Belarusians, Czechs, Hungarians, Polish, Russian, Slovak, Slovene, Ukrainian

Everything East of German-speaking Europe.

Well, fuck that shit then.

smarterhobby.com/genealogy/best-dna-test/

That site claims that there are at least three better tests

>15% Jew
>.2% non-European

not even close, chaim

They just count the standard 2-8% asian blood that every russian/finn has as european, so in reality that.2% is more like 4-5% siberian and central asian.

alright alright alright, someones gotta spell this out for me. are jews white?

Absolutely.

so you should have no problem joining white nationalist groups? you'd be accepted as one of them?

As long as they didn't know my ancestry.

but if jews are white why wouldn't they accept you if they knew you were a jew?

You do know cracked.com is a joke site right? swawker.com is a fake Sup Forums news site who reported the cracked article like it was real.

WN's don't like jews because of the supposed carnage they've caused over history and are supposedly still causing, not on a racial basis.

brb going to Sup Forums to ask them, can't get more WN then that.

Kind of, I mean if you're polish it'll come up as just Eastern Europe (and maybe some Scandinavian or Western Europe)

If you upload your results to gedmatch, it will be more detailed

are you legitimately retarded?

Fug, I think they blacked my DNA results too

You've got just about every flavor of ethnic in you.

la creatura. . .

The inaccuracy of the tests is obviously a function of the level of specification they give you. The more regions they have, the less accurare it will obviously be. There's not a single person on earth who can guess my ethnicity based on pic related for example.

R8

What's your heritage m8

t. joe gomez

from what ive learned 23and me has a bigger user data base about 3 million. other companies have just over a million. ftdna has a smaller user database but more accurate tests. ancestry seems to be rated highly

23andme seems to be in a constant popularity snowball, with people making youtube reaction vids to their results, which fuels even more people to make said vids, etc. Not to mention their frequent sales. They were boasting 1 million users 1 or 2 years ago, wouldn't be surprised if they have 3 million now.

It's from one shady testimony and he/she says that it's extremely rare.

Where do you people come from?

23andMe genotypes several alleles, meaning they look at what variants and combinations you have which are typically linked to heritage, not the whole genome. It is possible to misidentify a person with a small sequence of alleles in DNA

t.urk

Seconding the Turkish guess.

>Eastern Europe, North India, Iran
WE

interpretation isn't accuracy lol wtf

This!

The Leaf actually gets it.