Preacher Live Thread "SNig Nogs Don't Know the Worth of Their Own Souls Edition"

Rip Preacher threads

So, last week officially killed Sup Forums's interest, huh?

You guys are missing out on some prime Saint of Killers origin story.

good shit, I thought Dennis was gonna bite it

why dont they nuke him or hurl him into the sun?

nukes are confirmed to not work

and god is too lazy to try and chuck him into the sun

nah I blame myself for not using a more recognizable picture

god forbid these lazy fucks use ctrl+f

How is it so far?

pretty great

Lil girl lead SoK to the apartment complex but she didn't know which room it was so he just started going room by room killing everyone in the complex

they read up on his lore and stopped him from killing Dennis

time for a confrontation

could you guys do it, could you bullshit the Saint of Killers?

How can people watch this show with that degenerate looking female lead?

She looks like a 40 year old soccer mom

my balls are not that large

I thought they were Chinese

>soul trading is an underworld trade market
>nips muscled out the market

In case you didn't know this is a comic book show

most realistic thing i've seen in this show so far

no I wasn't calling out the fantasticness of it

just that the fucking japanese somehow cornered the market in New Orleans

I know right

Fucking hell Cass

jesus, cassidy

he's literally lost the lower half of his body before, he'll be fine

inb4 Jessie's soul is too fucked up to get into heaven

TOPPEST OF KEKS, JESSIE PLAYED SOK HARD

Damn SoK got out skilled

>Taking SoK to Angelville

this will not end well

SAINT GOT BTFO!
Ooh, he's going to be so pissed when he gets out...

and for the rest of his days, Dennis took shits while sitting above SoK's guns and saber

good fucking episode

Why did he ditch the weapons? Aren't they overpowered or some shit? Give that shit to Cass or Tulip and they would wreck.

the 3 of them have a tendency to get their asses jumped fairly often

best to keep the divine killing machines on the down low unless absolutely necessary

Did anything interesting happen in the first 9 minutes? I totally forgot about this week's episode until my dad reminded me.

So, how does SoK get out of this?

Tracking device on the truck. There's millions of dollars in souls in that thing, there's no way it isn't lojacked or something.

>let's make this character an immortal vampire
>but not give him any weapons or anything so that he's just useless comedic relief

Fine, I'll just go watch Hellsing again for a vampire that actually kills shit.

>soul transplants cure dementia
If this is a thing, why did the town need proof God exists?

Just a prologue with a black couple, setting up the whole soul extraction business.

we found that selling souls is a thing and the japanese have the market cornered, in New Orleans atleast

He can kick ass, he just hasn't this season yet.

he fucking killed a plane full of zealots in his introduction

he's a competent enough fighter, but he was fighting the fucking SoK, there is no winning there without ruses

it's word of mouth thing that only certain super rich and criminal elements are aware of

Nice that we had a good episode again. If it had been another like last week's I would have dropped the show.

This is more fucked up than I thought. This means criminals are likely forcibly taking souls. So, kids traded as sex slaves also lose their soul, which means they don't even get to go to heaven after that hellish life.

so now is he an immortal hell creature on earth or human? We dont know if he died yet

The former. The only thing the soul changed is that now the word will work on him.

And I was thinking they could just extract it back out eventually. Also I liked last episode fuck all the haters

The references to the comics in this episode are great.

>Seeing Steve Dillons painting
>Anything and everything about the Langelles. Even hearing the name gets my dick rock hard.
>Leaving SoK to suffer the same torture Jesse endured in the coffin when he was younger
>Cass's nub fingers
This episode was perfect. The only thing that could have made it better would be john Wayne.

So how much soul could you donate till you potentially die? Like 75 percent but no more?

So how does the soul stuff work I wonder. If you give up 15%, does your normal lifespan decrease by that much but there's still a chance you can enter heaven if you're good?

Honestly the Nips cornering the soul market seems for the best since they seem to do the most humane thing and take the least soul. Those voodoo fuckers probably took 100 percent and thus made zombies out of victims.

I know it never happened in the comics and different networks and all but a Preacher/Lucifer/Constantine crossover would be fuckkng epic. And it should take part in New Orleans.

Pretty much we can conjure that's the most likely scenario. 1 to 15 percent would probably be not so bad but anymore would be a huge risk to your wellbeing.

I'm going to be pissed if the John Wayne references in last week's episode are all we ever get of him.

Sup Forumsfag here. Has the season improved since the first few episodes? I dropped it hard during Arseface's flashback/hell sequence.

First good episode for me. I hope they continue wit this quality.

Gilgun makes it worth watching by himself. I wait until seasons are over before I watch shows though.

It's been a steady improvement, I'd say. Last episode was a slog, but this one was great in terms of pacing and plot development.

No, it was good at the start of the season and it's still good apart from last week's episode.

God might end up regretting that . . .

I'm pissed they ditched the original hot blonde. rest of the casting is actually not terrible.

I'm surprised at how well they did Eugene given that this is a TV adaptation.

it's getting better. We'll see.

Have they cast Jody yet?

He's unironically my favorite character

What did dennis get pissed at cass about in french?

i was interested in this show but the finale of season one kind of killed it for me

has season two been better so far?

Season two has been so much better apart from last week's really shitty episode. Much faster paced, the humor is a lot more hits than misses now, captures the tone of the source material better, and doesn't get bogged down in nearly as many subplots that go nowhere. Its what the show should have been from the start.

>next week is a Herr Starr episode
Hyped

>full kanji
>korean actor
>lol its japanese

for fucks sake man. i'm fucking mad, thinkin all us slant eyes look alike.

Ching chong to you too.

thanks round eye

I dropped it at brownwashed Tulip.

to be fair user...

Season two has been the most fun I've had with a TV show in a while. If you've already seen S1 you pretty much might as well watch S2, because it seems to be where it actually gets worth watching. Big step up imo.

Don't forget that we had Glenn Fabry's cover art.

>evil businessman
>asian
>taking advantage of blackies
what are they trying to say

It's a hitler killed 6 billion Jews because a Jew didn't like his paintings episode

and americans look like canadians who look like british and look like the australians...

Damn they sure made the Saint feel imposing in this one too. The way he just sat on that chair in the kitchen, without showing one sign of life until Tulip goes and pushes her luck. He was like a frozen statue, like a robot on standby mode, just waiting there, and then he grabs Jesse's girl by the throat and lifts her off the fucking ground because he doesn't give a shit, and all he's interested in is the deal. Also seeing that shot made him feel 2 meters tall again, as he should. Loved that.

>Eugine attemps to escape hell with Hitler
>He gets caught and ends up in The Hole
>He then manages to get back to surface but with now with his face like pic related and becomes the Arseface

This is going to happen right?

It's also better that the Saint actually cares about being with his family in the the show. In the comics, he doesn't even give a fuck about them anymore.

Agreed.

Don't spoil you cunt.

>hot blonde
she was southern trash in the comics too

They haven't gotten that far yet. If they've cast him, I haven't heard of it.

True, true. I also like that they gave a good excuse for his prior immunity to Genesis. It shows they do care that the changes they make have some sort of internal consistency.

How does that stop her from being hot?

it just seemed like she wasn't portrayed as that hot, just a bit trashy