How is 2nd amendment gonna protect you from tyranny when the government has tanks, jets, nukes and missiles?

How is 2nd amendment gonna protect you from tyranny when the government has tanks, jets, nukes and missiles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h11uEvGc7u8
williamkwolfrum.com/2011/01/14/scientists-discover-that-no-matter-how-many-guns-you-own-your-penis-will-remain-small-and-insignificant/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The government had tanks, jets, nukes, and missiles in Vietnam.

>dude bros

Lol wat? Since when have guns been a dude bro thing?

Really makes you think! I'm turning in my guns right now.

Ask Afghanistan

This is always one of the more retarded arguments I see antis use.

Might even be the most retarded.

nuke us i fucking dare you

i know youre listening NSA fucking do it bitches

mcminnville oregon pull the trigger asshole

Tanks, jets, nukes, and missiles can't sit on street corners and make sure that all the local citizenry is following laws.

Ask the sand niggers

>what is an insurgency?
>how does asymmetrical warfare work?
>why can't I into rebellions?

inb4 "shanking private snuffy"

>implying the entire military will suppress a revolt and none of them will desert or assist the rebels
You will have a better chance of enacting positive change if the majority of the population can assist in overthrowing the government rather than an isolated coup, like what happened in Turkey(although it was a false flag).

>implying every marine, policeman, army soldier, swat, ect would follow an order to take people's freedoms away or shoot them

Imagine if you were a police officer and you needed to go around and take people's guns. That's like signing your own death warrant. No one would do it

War in Afghanistan.

Ask Al Qaeda
Also, we'd probably get air drops from the Russians

>What s Vietnam
>what is the American revolution
>what is the Afghanistan

>MFW THIS SHITTY CANCER THREAD EVERY SINGLE DAY

You posted this like 3 hours ago and got 5 replies?

The day they start bombing their own people and buildings is the day they lose the war.

What a dumb fucking picture. If a civil war got to the point of the government blasting civilians with tanks or a2g bombs, I guarantee you that a foreign power would already be supporting the patriots with heavier firepower than that guaranteed by the 2nd amendment.

>implying Iraq/Afghanistan/Vietnam
>implying no outside help from Russia/China/Mexico
>implying no defection within military
>implying military wouldn't be killing the people who make their bullets and MREs
>implying 1 million troops can take out 80 million gun owners
>implying 80 million gun owners won't into asymmetrical warfare while military harasses, detains or kills 9 out of 10 civilians just to get to that 1 insurgent

There will be the barrel of a gun behind every blade of grass.

Ask the vietnamese if its possible

>150 million armed Americans equipped with second amendment vs. however many welfare queens

doesn't seem like too bad of a matchup

The military are locals mostly, they will join in if it were to happen.

why is plankton helping spongebob?

A thousand times this. Please hit Virginia Beach as well. I fucking hate this place.

The people piloting those tanks and planes aren't the tyrants. A lot of those people would turn their guns on the politicians before following an order to carpet bomb the citizenry.

This is such a stupid fiction and obviously guns aren't going to save people against the government but then again why would the government shoot itself in the foot?

just hide this thread

it's always the same image and pretty much always a norwegian proxy

stop feeding the shills

>foreigners making 2nd amendment threads

Sup Forums being about free speech is the only reason you can keep doing this shit

but I can also tell you to suck my balls

>implying the army would kill their own families and friends.

kek

What is you argument?
Do you think the government will launch missiles at our houses, you fucking retard?

The 2nd amendment protects us from shitskins mostly. You guise should try it.

Do people forget that humans, specifically Americans, control those vehicles, ships, planes, tanks, etc? Do they really think they will turn on their fellow countrymen and potentially kill friends and family for the fucking government? The ones who bark orders might, but the ones actually pulling the triggers for the most part won't.

> "How can a bunch of hicks in the woods be a threat to anything?"

youtube.com/watch?v=h11uEvGc7u8

>How is 2nd amendment gonna protect you from tyranny when the government has tanks, jets, nukes and missiles?

You just let us Americans worry about that while you can go back to making wooden shoes or what ever it is you do in your country.

>when the government has tanks, jets, nukes and missiles?
by storming police arsenals and local national guard bases and depos obviously.
never underestimate armed civilian.
If scenario like that happens, it allready means there are full scale civil war, so your chances against goverment are pretty high.
You need to be an idiot to put question like
>hurr why do you even need rifle if goverment has nukes?
>they will nuke you
>because they have nukes
>because inly type of confrontation i have in my mind is goverment nuking you

You're taking things too literally. No matter what the technology, a government cannot overcome the will of the people. Only those who wish to be tyranized can be. The second amendment reminds us why violent over-throwing (because the army is made of people, after all) is a relevant thing even if the actual possession of guns is pretty irrelevant.

The greater part of the bill of rights revolves around the idea of civil descent: the government is made of people and we, as a people, will never be distracted from this. The 2nd Amendment might not be the most time-relevant piece of literature documenting this long thread of philosophy, but it's important to protect the whole of the document, not just the parts we like the most.

If the government wants me or us dead for realz, it won't take old fashioned things like tanks, juts, nukes, or missiles. We'd be dead before we had time to think about it.

My funs are just for local fun control.

With that logic air strikes against ISIS should have eliminated them all years ago

You don't attack soldiers or cops, dumb ass, you attack the unarmed fuckers giving them their orders, and their friends, their business associates, their children, relatives, their neighbors.....eventually, they'll get the message.

A few problems with this argument:
Using tanks on a populace will have the same public outcry against the U.S. as it did in the late 80's with tianamen square. Remember how that played out in the international media?
But on a more practical level, using tanks in an urban environment or even a rural environment creates a lot of problems: A tank can be taken out by an IED placed with the right precision. It becomes useless when boxed in and its turrent only has a limited close range effectiveness.
A squad need only box it into an ambush zone, then use a few HE's on the access hatch to seize the tank itself.

Jets have limited use. They may have airstrike capabilities but this assumes that a nation in revolt won't have a 50-75% defection rate from the armed forces members (As disclosed by the most recent red team civil war exercise). Further complicating matters are the following:
Logistics
Crews
Support
Ammunition.
Right now the Air force is facing a 700 pilot shortage. Imagine the shortage should 50-75% of military members defect to the other side in the event of a civil war.
>Nukes.
The second the U.S. uses nukes on its own people is when the rest of the world sweeps in to take out the sitting government. No worries there.
>Missiles.
See above: Shortage of operators, easily disrupted, and in the event of a civil war, the ammunition supply to the government forces becomes limited as the resources that manufacture missiles and bullets etc are in places that would likely defect in the event of a major civil war.

That all aside, look at the concept of guerilla warefare. Taking away the advantages of the home nation by resorting to battle tactics which effectively render the current military strategy useless. It's no secret that the Army trains for the last war it fought, and it's tactics against insurgent forces in the mid east show deficiency in the insurgent forces stage.

>people STILL replying to this old, stale ass bait thread EVERY fucking TIME

it's like Sup Forumstards can't help but eat shit and love it.

>pic
Then it was guns vs cannons, guns, and ships.

Now it's guns vs tanks, planes, ships, rockets, and drones.

>Sir my radar was detecting a MASTER ARM: ON signal in your house, I'm going to have to do a thermal search.

>the police and military will side with the leftists in a revolt

Funny meme.

Shut the fuck up Norway. It's none of your fucking business!

fucked saved lol

>gun-rights people are powerless
>Trump "calling" for violence against Clinton is a HUGE PROBLEM

can't have it both ways

>Implying US soldiers would kill their own citizens

>Implying mass desertion wouldn't cripple the military from within while exmilitary forces form militias with gun bearing citizens to take
Back the crippled tyranical government

This, holy shit. What do these faggots think, we'll be marching in ranks and firing at 30 paces across an open field at a uniformed enemy?

No, you have guns to shoot the upper management types. All it takes is a bullet and the political/economic landscape is thrown into upheaval, power structures that took decades to build come crashing down and confidence in leadership within the rank and file plummets.

Define the Government.
Is it a collection of people, or laws?
Who will enforce them?

This

My musket will protect me from the governm-

Why would I give up my weapons if the government wants to use drones and helicopters to kill me?

Agreed.

I hope you guys know that one of the big reasons the military developed advanced weaponry was specifically to render the 2nd amendment obsolete, to completely eliminate the risk of a popular armed insurrection.

All the big hardware is illegal for individuals to own. Grenades, mines, shoulder-launched missiles, armed vehicles, etc. are all exempted from the 2nd amendment. The only thing you little people get are pistols and rifles and such.

The 2nd amendment debate is just for political show. Nobody in government is serious about it, because they know the military already protects them from an armed populace. But the stupid hicks don't know that, and so the politicians have to keep pandering to them for their votes.

ask afghanistan, syria, iraq, vietnam...

>"I need muh sixth-rate repurposed whaler ta throw off tha shackles ah tyran-"
>gets killed immediately by a broadside

We know for a fact that right now the Government limits itself so as not to piss off our armed population.

Time and time again we have seen documents release proving that certain decisions are shaped by the fact that the government concludes they can never survive a rebellion.

Do in large part to our armed population.

It is your responsibility to not only ensure we remain armed but to train yourself in the use of firearms.

If you never have to use it then good it served its purpose.

>implying that the government will nuke its own people
>implying that tanks can't be stolen
>implying that the military has a chance against 20 as many people with guns
>implying soldiers will shoot their own people
> implying that the government will still be supplied with tax money, ammo and food when the population turns against them

Nice b8 faggot
Saged

Its very unlikely that the government will use nukes against their own country. It could cause mass desertions in the army.

The development of robotic could change this though

Tyranny is enforced by secret services and police forces far more often than the military, because the military has the habit of choosing the side of the people.

>x85417799

stop with this nonsense

great point

"guns can't protect you from the government because they'll just kill you with attack helicopters and drone bombings. Besides, what are you trying to protect yourself from? The government would never attack citizens, especially not with attack helicopters and drone bombing"

I know, right? There's no way that civilians and police forces can possible beat the military with planes, helicopters and tanks. Just ask Turkey.

Dude from Norway stop posting this shit everyday.

You're a fucking sandnigger that doesn't understand that the government wouldn't blow up all their infrastructure unlike you desert coons.

>implying "somebody" wouldn't start taking down helicopters if the government ever went full retard.

We've been over this shit before, none of the stuff in the bottom picture can enforce tyrannical laws, for that you need boots on the ground, and the people occupying those boots aren't bulletproof.

hello fellow oregonbro

be doing the world a favor if portland was nuked at least twice

>How is 2nd amendment gonna protect you from tyranny when the government has tanks, jets, nukes and missiles?

SHHHHHHH! WTF Are you doing? We WANT the 2nd Amendment guys to be the front wave cannon fodder. Let them run out in the yard and open fire on Predator drones while the real patriots work behind the scenes.

Besides, the gun nuts all have little weenies anyway so it spruces up the gene pool.

williamkwolfrum.com/2011/01/14/scientists-discover-that-no-matter-how-many-guns-you-own-your-penis-will-remain-small-and-insignificant/

Not an argument.

Because the people behind those tanks, jets, nukes, and missiles would rather destroy the government than attack the people.

Even if the military didn't get involved in the purging of government, all they have to do is steer clear and let the populace do the purging.

This is why the Leftists fear the 2nd amendment. No matter the outcome, their chances of getting fucked is 100%. At least if they remove the 2nd amendment, they have a 50/50 chance.

This has been discussed so many times that these threads are pointless. If anything, this is probably a slide thread and should be treated like one.
>Sage and hide

spengbab has the deepest pores

LET'S ALL LOVE LAIN

easy, we will use the guns to steal the government's assets.

> the government concludes they can never survive a rebellion.

Pure fantasy.

All they need to do is bring out the military hardware, and declare the rebels "terrorists".

Why do you think they developed advanced military weaponry? Why do you think they keep talking about "terrorists" and "homeland security"? Obviously they're applicable to foreign threats, but they're just as easily applicable to domestic threats as well.

"n-no they're on m-my s-side"

>all they have to do is steer clear and let the populace do the purging.

and then what happens?

lain thread nao

>Pure fantasy
>All they need to do is bring out the military hardware, and declare the rebels "terrorists".

lol

Gov't's first line of defence is your neighbor. Ans he ain't got nuthin but a pair of dumb kids.

kys

>the government is going to nuke its own cities

Frankly, I'm starting to think Sup Forums should require an intelligence test prior to allowing people to post.

It's just getting embarrassing at this point.

Shit bird

Where in the united states is there terrain and low access to supplies like Afghanistan?

Because, lol, you're going to get A-10 strafed and Drone struck for months.

That is, if you can ever get enough libertarians herded together long enough to do something. You won't get support from your fellow "countrymen", you'll get boxes of dildos.

tanks jets nukes and missiles can't police the people.

On top of that, do you know how fragile those things are?

I'll give you a hint, pretty fucking fragile and fuck the feds reading this, it's mostly common sense.

>tanks:
Mobility kills are just as effective as outright kills.
If it can't move, it loses most of it's utility, it's utility being a moving armored artillery piece used to support infantry formations.
Mobility kills don't take much, even just knocking the track off will do for a decent time to repair, during this time the infantry formation with the tank is immobile protecting the tank. Immobile formations are vulnerable formations, and anyone with any knowledge of infantry and armored tactics will tell you the same.

>jets:
What are you going to do? PGM everything you think is a threat?
There's a few reasons that doesn't work.
One, it causes more people to defect.
Two, it brings foreign aid in the form of munitions, if not direct military intervention.

That's two with one stone

>nukes
See the previous.
If you nuke your civvies, NATO and UN and china and russia swoop in to overthrow the government and instate a new one or carve up what's left.

See, the problem with this line of thinking is the premise that there aren't people willing to die to the tanks jets nukes and missiles to prove a point.

Many Americans are.

Why am I responding to this.
It's a daily thing and it's just as retarded every day.

this thread again really? go away ctr

>a bunch of independent minded people will band together and follow a common goal.

Yeah, the whole notion of domestic terrorism like that is a fever dream of gun nuts. It would never get past the oregon rancher's getting dildos in boxes stage, much less a point where nuclear weapons are needed to deal with a few dozen hicks and their ATV's.

Rednecks make the taliban look like competent fighters.

I propose a libertarian solution to your dildo fixation. Send me your mailing address and I will order a dragonov dildo for you free of charge.

This should cure your domination fantasies.

>Many Americans are.

NOPE.

They just say they are because it makes them feel big. Just like owning guns and big trucks makes them feel like adults.

Libertarians are too independent to work together. That's why nothing has ever come of their existence. The closest you can get to their ideal nation is Somalia.

>look mom i posted it again!"

Sorry man. Dildos in boxes is the only result of being a domestic terrorist for "muh freedums".

That's the meme now. Thanks for it, lol.

By killing the people (along with their friends and families) who are operating those tanks, jets, nukes and missiles.

Let them bomb their own nation.

If there's a civil war in the USA, it's not just going to be assault rifles. Every country in the world is going to supply the side that caters to their interests