-Kills

-Kills
-Uses guns
-Dreams about killing people with guns
-Became Joe Chill by ambushing a happy family in an alleyway
-Takes bribes from Amanda Waller
-Identity discovered offscreen by Autistic Luthor
-Looks like a fatass(that suit isn't flattering on Affleck at all)
-Ugly voice modifier
-Tried to kill Superman for no good reason

Ben Affleck acts good but this character is written so shitty. Bring BatBale back please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally if he didn't look cool, have fight scenes taken straight out the Arkham games, and didn't have Affleck, people would see how shitty this Batman is.

I think the point is that he's become more jaded and violent with all his years of fighting, and the loss of Robin.

>if this literally wasn't the best batman on film, people would say he was bad

This. As much as I love this Batman, I will admit that he is utter shite.

It's a shame though, because by god the potential is so clearly there.

>SS was the best Batman depiction in films

These people think Baleman was a good Batman. They probably like Keaton as well. Both fucking killed people in their movies but let us gloss over that.

NOT MUHHHHHHH

>Kills
i personally dont mind but i can see some people hating that.

>Uses guns
when?gun turrets?

>Dreams about kill people with guns
Wasn't that like a alternate future where superman became a tyrant like in Injustice.

>Became joe chill
Hardly

>Takes bribes from Amanda waller
whats wrong with that,isn't batman scared of waller in some instances.

>Identity discovered offscreen by Luthor
Always wondered how he found out,such bullshit

>Looks like a fatass
i agree,sometimes he looks ok

>Ugly voice modifier
better than bale and most logical way to do his voice.

>Tried to kill superman for no good reason
agree

If this is your criteria for being the best Batman then I feel sorry for you.
JoeChillBats is not the best depiction of Batman.

Did you even fucking watch SS?

>If this is your criteria for being the best Batman then I feel sorry for you.

You literally went on and on about his positive features.
>if it wasn't for this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this, people would've thought he was sub-par!!

I actually thought you were joking with that first post.

The problem is, at this point in the DCEU it feels unearned.

I mean, this is literally our FIRST time seeing him.

>-Looks like a fatass(that suit isn't flattering on Affleck at all)

There's a good reason for that. It's that he's fat. He's fat because he's a middle aged dude who let himself go to seed and thought he could method his way through life by getting fit when the role demanded it.

Now, before anybody says "but look at those abs", yeah, he's got really well defined abs. He's also eating too much, so his visceral fat - the fat that surrounds the internal organs and forms a liquid mass in the abdominal cavity - is a vast reservoir. Now, you can "get rid of" pretty much all your non-visceral fat through exercise - the amount stays the same but it's stretched over a larger surface area, so it doesn't seem as prominent - but your visceral fat is much harder to get rid of, and those high-calorie diets bodybuilders have don't necessarily help.

So from certain angles, the sheer weight of fat inside him is obvious, especially if he's not making a conscious effort to hold his gut in.

The bad news for him is that high levels of visceral fat in a man his age are directly linked with heart disease, which is a gradual death - heart disease doesn't go away even if the fat does, because once the damage is done, it doesn't heal. Double bad news: high-stress workouts also increase the risk of heart disease. Dead at 64.

Yes. He attacked a father while he was walking his daughter home in an alleyway. Literally Joe Chill.
How about a well written character that actually captures the spirit of Batman? You only care about surface level cosmetic schlock. Are you Zack Snyder?

>Kills
Like every other Batman not named George Clooney
>Uses guns
In a dream sequence
>Dreams about killing people with guns
Wow reaching a bit arent you
>Became Joe Chill by ambushing a happy family in an alleyway
You mean apprehending a known assassin without killing him?

>Takes bribes from Amanda Waller
When did she bribe him exactly?

>Identity discovered offscreen by Autistic Luthor
Yeah IRL most people would be able to figure out who he is, i imagine one with as much resources as Luthor would pretty easily
>Looks like a fatass(that suit isn't flattering on Affleck at all)
Are you literally so retarded that you can't distinguish fat from muscle , really?
>Ugly voice modifier

As opposed to cancer victim throat.

>Tried to kill Superman for no good reason
Well you got one i guess. Good for you, champ!

>Yes. He attacked a father while he was walking his daughter home in an alleyway. Literally Joe Chill.

I didn't realize that Joe Chill left Bruce's parents alive and well. The fuck is he batman for?

>not liking Keaton

That's some plebshit opinion you got there, friend.

List his kills, faggot. Go on, list Batman's kills from the movies.

>Great Alfred
>Good Bruce Wayne
>Great fight scenes
>Strong weapons arsenal
>Exploits the shadows and his image of fear
>Has a detective subplot
>Swoops in for a take down silently and rather than fight announces that it's already over

>implying the Parademon scene was a dream not a vision
>complaining that his voice modifier is ugly
>calling literally a visibly musclebound hunk a fatass

I thought Batmanlet was pretty good, but if you are going to shit on Batfleck for Killing and not him well....

youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM

pssst. Faggot see

>Both fucking killed people in their movies but let us gloss over that.
it's even worse with Bale because he had the no kill rule, he just kills people anyways

>Goes out of his way not to kill as he apprehends bad guys

>goes out of his way to save Harley from Drowning despite her attacking him, and helping to kill Robin years prior

Sounds pretty Batman to me.
>lolz muh Joe Chillz
Shut the fuck up

>Traumatizing a child by beating up her father in front of her is ok as long as you dont kill him. This is in-character for Bruce Wayne

Hell in the Burton movies they don't even acknowledge it and Keatonbats just offs motherfucker left and right. Throwing them off rooftops and shit

>Traumatized
>literally stands in front of Batman to shield her father from killing him

>ITT: Kids comparing all the shit live-action Batmans because they never grew up with the definitive Batman. BatBale is literally the closests we've come to this.

...shielding batman from his dad doesnt equate to not being traumatized bro

>This would not be traumatizing at all for a child

Pretty much
Oh i get it, you're retarded

I don't mind that Batfleck kills at all.

After Keaton, Batfleck is my favorite on screen Batman.

>More traumatizing than knowing your father murders people for a living

>BatBale
>anything like BTAS Batman

So I take it that you've never watched the show then?

The two best onscreen Batmen easily. Bale was a decent Bruce Wayne and a good Batman only in Begins. The others not worth mentioning

You can't seriously be comparing the two
I don't know if I'm missing the joke or something here

>People don't know why he wanted Superman dead
>People didn't watch the opening of the movie or his speech to Alfred

You should stop projecting yourself onto others man. It isnt good for your mental health

But we've seen Batman in film over and over again for 25 years. We don't need to retread his whole career yet again.

That was the entire point of this take on him, the same as TDKR that inspired it. TDKR was not in continuity but if you know anything about Batman you know where you're starting from.

This is part of the problem with treating these movies as all part of one gigantic franchise, the continuity and overall big picture becomes more important to people than the individual story in front of them, and this is a problem both with the creative side and the audience.

>Literally not wanting to be Batman
>quitting for 8 years because his childhood GF got blown up by the Joker
>Literally kills Two Face
>Quits being Batman to give his cave and shit to some random guy he's known for like a week.
>absolutely no real detective work
>Cancer throat voice

Yeah, no.

Best posts.

Keaton and Affleck are literally the only good Batman (Batmen?) that we've ever gotten in live action.

Considering Batman forced her to witness her dad trying to murder someone I'd say yes this is more traumatizing.
Go ahead and tell me how the characters arent similar at all and how Batfleck is closer to BTAS Bats.

Batmans reason for wanting superman dead is because theres a chance he might turn evil. This coming from a fellow mass murderer who kills with very little regard for human life. Ya makes sense. Superman can out murder batman cant have that.

Fuck...BaleMan was a fucking awful Batman the more I think about it...

I never said that Affleck is closer to BTAS Bats, but you're a total retard if you think that Bale's Batman is even remotely like BTAS Bats.

Yeah breh that's all there is to it
These characters are blank slates whose statements exist in vacuums

Shut up, bitch.

I love how none of you retards can tell that this user is baiting all of you.

Nobody can be this stupid.

Jesus Triple H Christ.

It is when none of the movies are linked togethef othef than MoS and that this is supposed to be "snyders" take on batman. Anything you add to that is projection to make sense of something that doesnt. If you have to fanfiction reasons to have it make sense thats just clear indication of bad writing

Bale's Bruce was a steaming cunt in or out of the suit, Kevin Conroy could make Bruce sound actually mirthful, and gave Batman himself real emotional range instead of "ALL THIS GRAVEL IN MY THROAT IS MAKING ME SO ANGRY" all the time.

B-but he was realistic!

In all seriousness though, I do think the Dark Knight films have a certain charm about them. Something makes them mre iconic to me than the 90's movies.

Keaton's was the most stylistic

Bale's was the most impressive (at the time)

Affleck's is the one that would be so close but fucked up during conception.

I think the main problem is that either too much is drawn from the same stories for these adaptations--specifically Frank Miller. Not that I have anything against him, just that i always hear the directors talking about how they took most of their influence from Dark knight Returns and Year One. Even Tim Burton read TDKR.

Makes me wonder what Sup Forums would take influence on for Batman. Hell, who'd be best to WRITE for a new Batman?

WHY ARE PEOPLE SUDDENLY CRYING ABOUT THE BAD GUYS BEING KILLED?

>George Clooney was the most accurate portrayal of Batman this whole time

disney shill pls go

Because the good guys are being written like the bad guys even more.

Are you literally retarded? You've clearly never actually been in shape.

The film begins with the end of MoS from Bruce's perspective and lays out right away reasons for him to hate people like superman. A character from the wreckage of that fight is a large plot point. The rest of the film constantly shows his paranoia and guilt being exploited, with Lex explicitly takes the credit for when talking to Superman on the rooftop scene, with implications of Luthor deliberately targeting Bruce to push him and trap him in the state of mind we find him in in BvS. The powerlessness speech by Alfred further spells it out.

He's a hypocrite, yes. That doesn't mean a character's motives are suddenly moot. He's consumed by an obsession to the point of not realising the depths he's fallen to, in spite of words of disencouragement from an Alfred who can see the whole picture, beyond what's just in Bruce's mind. The conversation about the 1% chance Superman could be bad is another example of where he's at mentally.

>Count the saved, Alfred. BILLIONS, THOUSANDS after that.

>He has the power to protect the entire world from complete destruction, and if there is even a ONE percent chance that he is our ally, we have to take that as our ONLY opportunity.

>And we have to befriend him.

Batman's had an established no kill rule for awhile now, i personally don't care as long as they actually make it a part of the story, instead of it just happening nonchalantly

>Ben Affleck acts good but this character is written so shitty.
Pretty much.

BOYS

MMM

Except he's killed before many times in the movies

>that makes it okay

Yeah it does actually

"Ben Affleck acts well..."

It's well OP, well. Superman does go...well, Superman does things. Affleck acts well.

>-Dreams about killing people with guns
It was a vision of the future not a dream of his subconscious you fucking dumbass.

Not really. It just means that even the previous versions didn't even get that right.

So the movies clearly got the source material wrong.
Nobody cares about semantics for this autistic movie Snyder.

Batman's no kill rule was established way later than the characters creation

So why are you holding him to a different standard from other cinematic batmans? That's what the OP was about

Or maybe they're all different interpretations of a character which has had hundreds of interpretations over the past 80 years, and there is no "correct" version of the character, making any of the film versions just as valid.

It's possible.

you. i like you. It really gets to me that people get so hopped up on single aspects that they don't like that they refuse to SEE the film and think about motivations and characterizations.

but that doesn't really matter since people will just focus on the no muh bats, or man of murder, or eisenlex, or generally any aspect they don't like and stick to it. Unfortunately, mostly everyone here doesn't like the movie at all.

those are all weak points that when you consider the context makes less sense. Again. Batman has mass murdered people so the idea that suddenly human life to him is that precious is. If these scenes were isolated it would be ok but looking at the movie as a whole it makes no sense. Just as the reason superman remotely hates batman for the most part has very little to do with Batman himself. most of your argument lends to the simple Hes lost it because of all the batmans hes been for how many bat years. Which isnt really given any real substantial scope because none of that was all the present instead was just exposition. Again youre compiling this reasoning based on previous batman iterations and some light exposition. that doesnt change the fact that its delivered in an incredibly muddy unclear way. Im working with what the movie gave me rather than ALL of batman lore. Also lets talk a minute about Alfred. Alfred had a FEW words of disagreement with batman. Considering he was MURDERING people. Thats it. the idea that Alfred would let Bruce go as far as cold blooded murder and you think that was ok boggles the mind.

And the rule has become a staple ever since. Captain America originally didnt have a circular shield he could throw and Superman didnt fly at first.

>-Kills
Literally find me a movie Batman that hasn't iced somebody. At least this one had an explained, in character reason for killing someone.
>-Uses guns
Rubber bullets. Honest.
>-Dreams about killing people with guns
It was a Speedforce induced vision of a post apocalyptic future.
>-Became Joe Chill by ambushing a happy family in an alleyway
I feel like you're missing the key part of what made Joe Chill significant, here.
>-Takes bribes from Amanda Waller
Yeah. Not a fan of this, but I guess they're spinning it as he has to focus on forming the League to deal with Darkseid.
>-Identity discovered offscreen by Autistic Luthor
I wish they'd at least explained how he figured it out.
>-Looks like a fatass(that suit isn't flattering on Affleck at all)
Literally best looking Batman on film.
>-Ugly voice modifier
He sounds fine, jesus christ this is getting nitpicky.
>-Tried to kill Superman for no good reason
Alfred literally spelled out exactly why he wanted to kill Superman. Rage, powerlessness, cruelty, etc.

Seems to me the movies did a good job adapting from the original source material. Why should it be a 100% one-to-one comic to movie adaption.

They are free to take artistic liberties.

>if he didn't have the qualities that make him a good Batman then he wouldn't be a good Batman

Actually they did since Batman killed in the comics all the time in the beginning. You are basically taking a later interpretation of the character that was basically born out of convenience, and pretending it's always been the case

>Literally find me a movie Batman that hasn't iced somebody
Done.

I sincerely wish there had been a better script and a not-Schumacher. Clooney was a pretty great Bruce.

Not unique to Batman, even Daredevil movies/TV series are highly inspired by his runs on the character.

Surface level cosmetic bullshit does not make a character. What is good writing that captures the spirit of the character?

He had the chin for it. Shame he was in a Shcumacher directed Batman movie.

Also i cannot wait for Batfleck's Solo. Which if the rumors are to be believed will take place in Arkham and deal with the relationship between him and his villains. Be cool if they did some Kangaroo court shit like what happened in that one episode of BTAS. Maybe give Leto Joker some actual screen time so we can make a proper Judgment on how good or shit he is as the character.

Agreed. Clooney Batman being in Batman & Robin is some serious monkey paw shit.

>people will say this shit then get mad that Harley doesn't wear her clownsuit

Also Batfleck was more Batman than the last guy.. But people tend their bias and hypocrisy get in the way in these discussions

rubber bullets?.. you saw those explosions right?.. and the Gatling guns on both vehicles?

How is Jason Todd going to work when Batman is basically red hood?

Actually it's a reference to The Dark Knight Returns. You'd know that if you read comic books.

How is Jason going to work with Batman when he is basically DEAD?

Grant Morrison's run. The movies need to actually show Bruce being a human and get into the Batfamily. They are a huge part of Batman and they are always left out.

>Dead.
Please.

IT'S A FUCKIN' JOKE, SENPAI.

That's fine and all, but it's hard to explain how Clark will soon happily work alongside a man who killed dozens of people. And how the Flash will. And how the cops won't come after him when he surfaces in Justice League.

Some heroes should be better than those guys. For others it's okay to stoop to their level. Like Punisher.

Just wait for his solo film with Jason where he will try to say that killing is bad somehow

Clark did it in BvS more or less
Flash doesn't know and/or doesn't care
and why would the cops give a shit for nameless thugs?

>>quitting for 8 years because his childhood GF got blown up by the Joker

he quit because he wasn't needed anymore, Dent was the new hero
did you miss TDK ending and how revealing Dent's secret in TDKR was an important point too?

Since when has Clark been the type to hold a grudge? Bruce saved his mom and helped defeat Doomsday.

>why would the cops give a shit for nameless thugs?

Those people had real lives; family, friends and liveyhoods. Those people could've been completely innocent.

Heroes shouldn't kill otherwise they become as bad as the villains.

>WHERE IS MY ORIGIN MOVIE?!

I liked the voice modifier

But ya, what the fuck is up with the killing? That's like Batman's #1 thing

Justice League dawn of pals?